Through The Dark (Al-Ameen Fa...

By shakethesphere

Safiyana Al-Ameen comes from a big family- A family of power, wealth and honour. She comes from a long line o... More

Preview
The Theatre
Dead Battery
Yeezus
Missions
Starbucks
Second Home
Dubai Touring
Another Poet
Laundry Room
Piano Confessions
First Meetings
Double Engagement
Secrets Exposed
Mehndi Night
Wedding
New Beginnings
Stormy Nights
Rooftop Tragedies
Rooftop Tragedies Part 2
Practice
First Date
Epiphanies
Near-Punches and Full Heartbreaks
Running
One Year Later
Epilogue
Sequel!
One Way or Another

To Each Her Own

14.6K 667 15
By shakethesphere

Just the family tree since I’m still getting used to it :D

Khaliq + Sara (Safiyana's parents)               

            l                                                                                                                                  

Mizan   Zayed   Safiyana   Ali                         

   +           +(soon)

 Aisha   Kismat

     l 

Sufyan

Kareem + Nifisa (Safiyana's aunt and uncle)

               l

Mehnaz(Married off)     Omar      Yusuf 

And i know the chapter is pretty boring but i swear there is a reason to all of it. Thanks in advance for reading my loves, i really appreciate it!!! 

“What’s for breakfast?” Yusuf asks, walking into the kitchen. I put my phone down and give him a smile as he plops down in front of me.

“I need your help. Yours and Zayed’s and Ali’s”

“Why?”

“My car died on the side of the road last night-” 

“Holy shit, are you okay?”

“Yeah, Ayaan was driving by and helped out till Mizan Bhai and Zayed came. But I want you guys to look at it so it doesn’t happen again; do a little checkup”

“Sure, we’ll look at it after breakfast. But it’ll cost you”

“I’ll buy those pastries you guys really like”

“Deal”

After breakfast, Ali, Zayed and Yusuf came out to the garage with me. Omar bhai trails out behind us and within minutes, all 4 boys are talking Car and Driver.

I sit down on the hood of Yusuf’s Bentley as they pick at wires. Sufyan waddles out to the garage too and I pick him up to sit beside me. “Hi handsome” I poke his cheek playfully. 

“Apaa, we just need to put in some engine oil” Ali tells me, grabbing the bottle of it from the closet full of car fluids.

“So I’ve been told” I mutter under my breath. “Put it in then and we can go get those pastries”

Yusuf pours it in and then starts the car back up. It sounds a lot better now.

“Thank you guys. You’ll all get your treat in 20 minutes” I slide off the hood and set Sufyan down. Ali gets into my passenger seat, ready to go. I roll my eyes and grab the keys from Omar bhai’s hand.

“Drive carefully” Zayed tells me as he walks back into the house with our nephew. “Those pastries are delicate”

“Wanker” I call after him.

“Hold them carefully Ali"

“I am. I’m just cold”

“No one told you to come in your pyjamas”

“I did n- you got me there”

“Mhm. Put on your seatbelt”

“So I heard mum talking with Nifisa Khala,” he starts.

“About what?” I ask, rubbing my hands together in front of the heater. Within 20 minutes, my car went back to an icicle. Thank you Mother Nature.

“About Arjun uncle’s daughter” he says of my dad’s accountant. Abu had helped him get on his feet and Arjun Uncle was forever indebted to him. “Her wedding’s on Sunday and Amee can’t make it down so they’re going to send you, Zayed and Omar bhai to Leicester”

“Why us?” I groan, pulling out of the parking lot.

“I dunno. I wanna go”

“Why the hell would you wanna go? Weddings are so boring and long”

“It’s a Hindu wedding. There’ll be dancing and music, it’ll be live”

“Yeah except I’m not going to be the one doing it”

“That’s right because you can’t dance for shit” he breaks out into guffaws. 

“Fuck you Ali”

“Amee, can’t Mizan bhai and bhabhi go?” I whine.

“No Safiyana, your brother has work”

“I have school”

“It’s a long weekend” she crosses her arms across her chest. “It’ll be fun. Plus, I need you to go as a spy for me”

That peaks my interest. “Continue”

“Kismat will be there”

“Really!” I sit up excitedly.

“Yes. Her mother told me she will be there. Her father is good friends with Arjun’s family”

“No way! I’m so going then”

“Thought you would” she shakes her head condescendingly. 

“Bhabhi, what about this one?” I hold up a pink blouse.

“That’ll look so good with your fair skin. How much is it?”

“ £20!” I sigh happily.

“Safiyana?” I turn around to see Ayaan and a Blonde boy behind him talking on the phone.

“Hey. Bhabhi, this is Ayaan Zafar. He’s one of my partners for the Crim project”

“Nice to meet you Ayaan, I’m Aisha”

“You must be Mizan’s wife” Ayaan grins. “Nice to meet you too”

“You know my husband?” she asks with a fond smile.

“Yes, I’ve run into him from time to time through work”

“Oh you’re the one who helped Safiyana out Friday night. Thank you so much”

“It’s was my duty. It seems Safiyana is quite cared for” He chuckles.

“She’s our darling baby sister” Bhabhi pinches my cheek. Embarrassment, thy name is cruelty.

Ayaan’s smile gets bigger. “I should get going but it was nice meeting you. I’ll see you tomorrow” he nods to me.

“Yup” I nod and turn back to my blouse.

“Good job babe. He’s hot” Bhabhi nudges me.

“Please. I’ve known him for less than 2 weeks and I already want to kill him”

“Is he that mean?” 

“Nope. The completely opposite” I throw the blouse into my shopping bag. “He’s too nice. And I don’t do nice." 

“This is eerie” I mutter, pulling up to a checkpoint. The guard checks out permit before letting us through.

“I’m regretting wearing black. I’m just calling for trouble” Emma says nervously.

“Relax Em. What could they possibly do to you?”

“Pull me into their cell and turn me into their bitch”

“I’ve already called dibs” I joke to lighten her mood.

“Shut up Saf. There’s a spot.” I pull into the empty space between two police vans and get out. We head to the reception desk where Liam and Ayaan are checking in.

“Hello ladies. Ready to go?” Liam asks with a smile. We both nod and all four of us are allowed to enter into the prison. The guards at the entryway make us empty everything and take off our shoes and then walk through metal detectors. The only thing they allow us to take inside is a notebook and a pen. Everything else was stored in a locker for security reasons.

“What’re you gonna do now Em, you don’t even have a bag to protect yourself with” I spook her.

“Safiyana stop before I piss myself” she groans.

“Shall we split up and take either side of the hallway?” Liam suggests.

“Good idea. Ayaan, would you like to be my partner?” Emma asks him.

“It would be my pleasure” he chuckles and motions for her to begin down the hallway.

“Let’s get interviewing some felons shall we?” I turn to Liam.

“I’ve been waiting for this moment my entire life” he smirks.

I start, surprised by his sarcastic response. “I like you Liam”

“Thank you love. I like you too” he grins and lets me lead the way

“Man that was shit scary” Emma walks like she’s on fire out of there.

“It wasn’t that bad. The guys answered all mine and Liam’s questions"

“How many men did you two get through?”

“Five”

“Ayaan and I only got through 3 but we got some juicy stuff”

“Any ideas for a thesis?”

“I was thinking something along the lines of d-” my phone ringer cuts her off.

“Sorry babe” I mutter before sliding my phone on. “Hello?”

“Saf, are you on your way home?” Bhabhi asks me.

“Yes why?”

“Could you pick Ali up from his school? He had a football game that ran late and Zayed has a class”

“Yeah, don’t worry my darling. I’m on it”

“No talking on the phone while driving Safiyana” Emma scolds.

“Your stop is here”

“So eager to get rid of me always” she shakes her head.

“I can only take such a heavy dose of Cuban babe” I tease as she shuts the door in my face.

I drive to Ali’s high school and wait in the parking lot for him. I roll the windows down to let in fresh air and turn up my stereo. It’s a warmer day than the usual February chill.

“Stop!” a really loud scream comes from outside. I see Rizwan yelling at some guy with him and another teenage girl behind them. Ali isn’t too far off.

I get out to catch my little brother’s attention but in that Rizwan sees me.

“Hi, Safiyana” he flashes me his dimply smile.

“Hi Rizwan. Nice to see you again”

“Yeah. This is Aman Khan. He goes to school with us too”

“I saw you in the theatre a couple weeks ago. You’re quite the good actor Aman”               

“Thank you” he grins ecstatically. “I like her Malik”

“Yeah, that seems to be the popular opinion” Rizwan teases me.

“Hi Apaa. Oh hi Zahira ” Ali says to the brunette girl between the men.

“Hey Ali” she smiles back. “Good game”

“Thank you. Hey coach”

“Coach?” I raise an eyebrow.

“I coach the senior team here after school”

“He’s the best” Ali nods.

“Well it was nice talking to you guys and seeing you again Rizwan but I’ve got to run”

“Yeah kiddo, let’s get going. Long weekend awaits!” Aman says dramatically with one arm in the air. So the dramatics are a full time thing for him.

To each her own.

“Where we going in such a rush?” Ali asks me as we get into the car.

“I’ve got to leave for Leicester in the morning duffer. So we are going sari shopping” I say in mock enthusiasm.

“The joy” he deadpans.

“Couldn’t’ve said it better myself brother”  

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

365K 14.9K 47
Best rank: #3 in general fiction. (on June 28th 2017) Till now it was only her parents who use to take any kind of decisions regarding her life...
744 66 12
╰┈➤A single glance can change your whole world. ↳This book is a beautiful exploration of culture, religion,love and care. Through the story readers w...
43.9K 2.6K 28
There are endless examples of "girl hates boy, boy makes girl fall in love, boy and girl live happily ever after" stories. This is just another one...
84.7K 3K 38
#1 IN MUSLIM ON 17/07/2021 #1 IN DUBAI on 22/6/2020 #1 IN TRADITIONAL ON 28/12/2020 #1 in Arab at 27/06/2021 #1 in desert at 4/07/2021 #1 in father-d...