The Blackmail® [Complete]

Od Redstiletos

"I could pay you much more." He said quietly, his piercing blue eyes saying the opposite. "Oh yes you will... Více

Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty-one
Chapter Twenty-two
Chapter Twenty-three
Chapter Twenty-four (Ovian's POV)
Chapter Twenty-five
Chapter Twenty-six
Chapter Twenty-seven
Chapter Twenty-nine
Chapter Thrity
Chapter Thirty-one
Chapter Thirty-two
Chapter Thirty-three
Chapter Thirty-four
Chapter Thirty-five
Chapter Thirty-six
Chapter Thirty-Seven
Chapter Thirty-Eight
Chapter Thirty-Nine
Chapter forty
Chapter Forty-One

Chapter Twenty-eight

878 33 0
Od Redstiletos

Monday dawned with me not getting any closer to getting the money. Ovian was back. He came in sometime in the night, took some change of clothes and left for his study, I think. That has been the routine. We didn't so much as exchange a good morning. And I knew that for the few days he will be around, he would live in his study. I sighed. This wasn't what I had bargained for. My life was over. There's no way I would be able to raise that money and Alex will release my identity.

This was all Ovian's fault. If only he had kept his mouth shut. I groaned. And Lahran's boldness was his fault too. If we weren't apart because of his mistress, Lahran won't have the guts to talk trash. I closed my eyes. I needed to talk to someone else I will burst. My assistant wasn't coming in today, I had given her the day off because last week had been very hectic for her.

I was dressing up in my jeans and tank, when Taylor came in. She knocked on my bedroom door, "Tania?"

"In here." I turned to face her.

"I didn't see you throughout yesterday. What's going on? Even Prince Lahran-"

I cringed. "Please, don't mention that name, I might throw up."

"What? Why?" She was surprised.

"Lahran said... Lahran is in love with me. He has asked me to annul my marriage to Ovian and marry him."

"What?" She shouted, her eyes wide.

"See why I said I may throw up?"

"My God! Lahran? I thought he was sensible?"

"Apparently not. Ovian had warned me about him but I didn't believe him."

"Why does it have to be you? And if you see the number of women who flock around him?"

"I know, right? You would expect that he would have his hands full. He said I should think about it."

"Are you going to tell Ovian?"

"What? And have him commit murder? No way. Let's just see how this goes."

"Where are you going?" She asked, looking at my bare stomach showing underneath the top.

"Nowhere, but I need to see Ovian and I won't go into that study of his. Apparently, that's where he lives now." I said, my face grim.

"Are you planning to seduce him?"

"If that's what it takes." I sighed. "I want to ask him for something and I don't want him thinking straight. So please, will you be a dear and go tell him, his lovely wife would like a word?" I asked sweetly, batting my lashes.

Taylor laughed. "You look like a goose!"

I threw my pillow at her as she ran out of the room laughing. I quickly checked myself once more time in the mirror before going to wait in the sitting area.

A few minutes later, Ovian walked through the door. There was something so sexy about men in white shirt and jeans. His face was unshaven and he looked tired. He watched me as I stood up to stand before him. His eyes roamed over my body, settled for few seconds on my exposed belly and back to my face, which had turned red. Who was being seduced here? "I am sorry I bothered you but you can understand why I couldn't come to the study."

He nodded.

"I need your help." I hesitated. "I need Twenty million dollars before noon tomorrow."

"Why?"

I rolled my eyes. "Do I need to tell you? Its for the foundation."

"I thought you had raised enough money during its launch?"

"Yes, but it's not enough for the project and I have barely enough in my account. Please, please, I will refund everything back."

He looked at me. "Okay, I will have the bank transfer it into your account."

"You will? Oh! That's awesome!" I clapped my hands. I almost felt like crying. "Thank you Ovian."

"Is that all," he asked raising his eye brows.

"Yes. Thank you."

He nodded and left again. Just like that! And here I was worried sick! I grimaced when I remembered my encounter with Fairweather. Now that's settled, let me get something to eat.

Just then, there was a knock on my door, "Come in!" And Lahran did. I folded my arms across my chest, wondering what he wanted.

"Princess, how are you today?" He asks smiling. His smile was so innocent, you would think he could do no wrong.

"What do you want?" I was impatient. And hungry. I hadn't eaten well in days.

"I have come to give you the invitation to the opening of the chapel personally." He stretched forth the invite. I collected it and went to place it on my desk.

"Do you know you have a great body? Everything is perfect." He smirked.

I groaned. I had forgotten I was still in my seduction suit that had been meant for Ovian alone. I turned around to face him. "Anything else, Lahran?"

"Yes, have you given thought to my proposal? I have someone who can draw up an annulment document quickly and we can serve Ovian."

I closed my eyes, and prayed for patience. "I am not leaving my husband for you, Lahran. Not now, not ever."

His eyes hardened. Then he turned around and walked out. I shook my head. The nerve! Crazy, just crazy.

After eating, I texted Taylor. We are going riding! I smiled to myself imagining Taylor rolling her eyes. She knew I didn't like it but I sort of wanted to feel the wind in my hair. You know, let go. And since I couldn't drive, I might as well ride a horse.

We had just reached the stables, when we spotted the queen leaving with a man. The man was tall and stout. He had golden hair and golden eyes. Taylor was the first to greet the queen as I was preoccupied trying to know if I had seen the man before. He looked so familiar.

"My queen." I curtesyed.

"Going riding I see? Be safe." She says and swept by us in her numerous skirts. I rolled my eyes and looked at Taylor, who shrugged. We had a great time riding and then we discovered a small river. The river wasn't too deep and it was clean, so we swam to our heart's content.

Time passed quickly and we realised it was almost dusk. So we started on our way back to the palace stables. We checked in our horses with the stable boy and went our separate ways, intent on sleeping.

As soon as I got to my room, I felt something was off. I wasn't comfortable like something was wrong but I couldn't place a hand on it. I shook off the feeling and entered the bathroom. After my shower I felt refreshed but the nagging feeling came again.

I check my phone for any missed calls or messages but it was my assistant telling me of Ovian's transfer. Which made me smile. I texted her back to wait for further instructions. On a second thought, I also told her to take tomorrow off as well. I dropped my phone. I would need her to make the withdrawal and bring it to me, as soon as Alex sends the details.

I sat down on the bed and was about to lie down when I heard Ovian calling me. "Tania?"

I took my robe and shrugged into it as Ovian walks into the room. "My father just slumped in his room."

I gasp. "Oh my! What happened?" I quickly went to him. His face was so sullen my heart went out to him.

"I don't know." He said as he raked his fingers through his hair. I could imagine what was going on in his head.

"Where is he now? Have you sent for his doctors?"

"Yes. They are here. It happened about an hour ago. They asked all of to leave that's why I came here. I couldn't wait outside his room."

"Come here." I said as I wrapped my arms about his waist and hug him. He hesitated but after a few seconds he wrapped his arms around me. Then he held me tighter. I have missed this man. And he had obviously missed me too. I lifted my head and forced him to look into my eyes. "Its going to be alright. He will be fine."

"What if-"

"Shh." I placed a hand on his lips. "You can't allow such thoughts Ovian. You have to stay positive."

"For how long?" I have a feeling he wasn't asking about his father. We held each other's stare and I said, "For as long as it takes. That's what we do in situations we don't have control over."

He grunted and pulled me back into his arms.

Pokračovat ve čtení

Mohlo by se ti líbit

234K 7.1K 25
Ranking #998 in Romance Ranking #430 in Adultfiction Tommy Will Black, have money, girls, everyone afraid of him. Egoistic, merciless, arrogant, if h...
1.3M 69.6K 59
𝐒𝐜𝐞𝐧𝐭 𝐨𝐟 𝐋𝐨𝐯𝐞〢𝐁𝐲 𝐥𝐨𝐯𝐞 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐬𝐞𝐫𝐢𝐞𝐬 〈𝐛𝐨𝐨𝐤 1〉 𝑶𝒑𝒑𝒐𝒔𝒊𝒕𝒆𝒔 𝒂𝒓𝒆 𝒇𝒂𝒕𝒆𝒅 𝒕𝒐 𝒂𝒕𝒕𝒓𝒂𝒄𝒕 ✰|| 𝑺𝒕𝒆𝒍𝒍𝒂 𝑴�...
212K 5.6K 34
Erika Costell had always dreamt of a great life that involves being a successful businesswoman and to be able to support her struggling mother and si...
369K 10.6K 54
Nathan Thompson is the CEO of his company Thompson Co . He is an arrogant , mean and cocky person. He gets that from his father . On New Year's Ev...