Telluride

By nicedood101

Faith is done with men, for good, forever. Then her car breaks down and a series of some unexpectedly fortuna... More

Piece of Work
Start
Friday Night Special
Coffee and Spiders
4 to 6
Worlds Best Diner
Holy Intervention
Unconventional
not-yet-grilled
Football and Family
Cold Bleachers
4 Beers Later
Staring
Talk of the Town
Russel Loves Gossip
Winners
Never? Forever.
Caller ID
The Big Screen
Get a Room
Better Sandwiches
Faith or Football
No Regrets
Road Closed
Mi Casa, Su Casa
I'm Competitive
Stamina
Lucky Charm
Little Black Dress
Home Sweet Home
Quarter Final
Timing is Everything
Blake? George.
Last Cigarette
K-I-S-S-I-N-G
Sound Effects
Every 30 Seconds
I Love to Bicker
Breath 1...2...3
Here We Go
Hell Of A Week
Good Luck
Groomsmen from Hell
Stealth Departure
Mr and Mrs McGraw
Thanks Tug
Rose and Ryan
The End
New Story
Check it out

Thanksgiving

957 15 2
By nicedood101

Tim POV
The week edits thanksgiving is always crazy. There's so much to organise at school and the. Our football game is the most important of the season. If we win we go through to the quarterfinal soft state champs. The school is buzzing, everyone's excited for thanksgiving an you can feel the mood around school. Faith and I are leaving straight after our game tomorrow night to go to her parents house.i feel like we've been so tired this week, all we've done is football training, eat and sleep. We haven't even broken in our new bed. The guys are all coming over tonight to watch game footage which I'm not thrilled about.
"Hey honey, do you think that you can ask the guys to come over earlier so that they can leave sooner." Faith says walking into my office. She's got a black pencil skirt on that hugs her legs,that I love so much, just tightly enough and this blue blouse. She's stunning. "I feel like I haven't seen you all week. And we're probably going to be busy with my family all weekend." She says walking towards the couch in my office and plonking her self down.
"I was just thinking the same thing." I say walking over to sit with her. She lifts her legs onto my lap and lays back. "Should I just get the guys to come straight after school?" I ask.
"Yeah, if they can." She says. I don't know if she's doing it on purpose but her bedroom voice is in full force. I want her so bad. I lean across to kiss her.
"Mmmmmh. I miss you." She says.
"I'm right here." I tell her suggestively.
"Tim!" She says with wide eyes. I get up and walk to the door and lock it, I even put the dead bolt in. "You can not be serious?" Faith says watching me out down the shades.
"I'm dead serious." I say rejoining her on the couch.
"Okay, but you have to be quiet." She says warning me.
"Oh like I'm the loud one." She straddles my lap starts kissing me, very soon we're making love, very quietly, basically still fully clothed in my office. Once we're both done she slides of and we both regain our composure.
"God." Faith says.
"That was-"
"Very." Faith says. A few times I could tell that Faith wanted to scream but instead she just bit down on my shoulder, hard.
"I could die a happy man right now." I joke.
"You're the worst." she says laughing and getting her skirt back on straight. Once we're both straightened up an not out of breath we start to bring up the shades and unlock the door. Faith doesn't leave though, she just lays on my couch.
"Don't you have work to do?" I ask laughing.
"No, you don't pay me enough to earl past 2 o'clock." She says giggling. God she's perfect. I quickly send off an email to the coaches say that they should come to our place straight after school. They all reply saying that they'll be there.
"Okay, they're all coming after school now." I tell Faith.
"Awesome." She says. I finish up my office work and then the bell rings.
"Let's go baby." I say pulling her off the couch. When we get home I go to the bedroom and just get changed. I hear the door bell ring but  I'm sure Faiths go it covered. Once I'm dressed I go out to the living area and I see Faith has given all the guys a beer, good call, and they're setting up the projector. I really can't be bothered so I just agree with everything that they say so that we an have this over with as quickly as possible. We should win this game, Hamilton High isn't very good and our boys are almost peaking. I manage to wrap up the video session within a couple of hours so there's still plenty of time to sped with Faith. She's in our room and I can hear that she's on the phone.
"No momma he's lovely." Her mom, hopefully she's told them that we're coming to visit.
"Well you can meet him, what about this weekend...yeah thanksgiving. Tim and I were thinking we would visit y'all..... I know it's short notice.... I can't wait to see you and daddy too..... I love you more...... Okay we will see you on Friday night..... Love you too." I take that as my prompt to enter the room.
"Hey who were you on the phone with?"
"My mom. I called and said that I was bringing you to visit this weekend. She said that her my dad are excited to meet you." She looks so happy. I'm relieved she spoke with them.
"I'm just as excited to meet them, and see where you come from." I say diving on top of her.
"Start is a lot like Star." She says while I'm on top of her. "I think you'll like it. Also my brothers are very protective so don't take then to seriously." She is running her fingers through my hair.
"I'm excited." I say smiling. I give her a kiss and then another. "What do you say, we finally break in this bed?"

It's game night. Currently our bps are ahead by 4 touchdowns and there are 3 minutes to go. It's not a done deal but I think we're good. We instruct the boys to hold the ball and to play defensively. They listen and manage to slow the game down and when the final whistle blows our lead has been kept. Faith is squealing and jumping up and down. She's so cute. We quickly wrap everything up and the two of us race off for the second week in a row. The drive to start is short so we're gonna get there before midnight. I can tell Faith is nervous.
"Baby, it's going to be fine." I tell her squeezing her hand.
"I know, I'm just nervous." As we drive into Star Faith directs me to her parents house. Before we et out she gives me a deep kiss.
"It's going to be fine." I say. We get out of the truck, I grab the bags and we make our way to the front door. It's only 10pm so the lights inside are still on. The door opens and this little woman opens the door.
"Momma!" Faith says embracing her. I see a tear run down the woman's face and by the sounds of it there are a few streaming down faiths cheeks. I'm so happy for them.
"I've missed you baby." Her mom says stroking her head.
"I missed you too. Momma this is Tim, my boyfriend." She says. I reach out to shake her moms hand.
"Oh no son. You brought my baby home. Give me a hug." She says.
"It's lovely to finally meet you Miss Perry."
We go inside and a man who I assume is Faiths father comes walking out.
"Daddy!" Faith yells running towards him. The embrace and it's a ver sweet moment. "Daddy, this is Tim my boyfriend."
"It's great to finally meet you Mr Perry."
"You too son." He says.
"Okay Faith, you're going to be staying in your room and Tim we've prepared the spare room for you." Great, separate rooms but that fine were in their house so we respect their rules.
"Thank you so much of having me Mr and Mrs Perry." I say dropping my bags in the spare room.
"Tim may I speak to you on the porch?" Mr Perry asks me.
"Yes sir." I say following him. Faith is still upstairs unpacking and I'm scared. What if they hate me?
"Tim, I don't know what Faith told you but Dan threatened to kill her if she ever tried to contact us." I'm shocked. What the hell. I should've killed that bastard. "You bringing her here for thanksgiving really means a lot to us. But." Fuck here it comes. "Just because she's been treated like shit does no mean that a small improvement is going to be good enough. She's my princess and she deserves to be treated like one. I ant control Faith and her decisions she's her own woman. But know that if you don't treat her the way she deserves you will never have mine or my wife's blessing." Okay that wasn't to bad.
"Mr Perry, I love your daughter. I love her more than I have ever love anything in my whole life. I can see a life with her. A happy life that she loves too. I promise not only to treat we with respect and decency but like a princess." I say with full sincerity. I can see he's shocked. Maybe he didn't know how serious our relationship was.
"Okay Tim. You've got till Sunday to earn my blessing." He says stretching out his hand to shake mine. We rejoin Faith and her mom inside. They've made us coffee. Mr Perry and I sit down on the couches and they bring it to us. Faith sits closely next to me.
"Here you are honey." She says handing me my coffee.
"Thank you baby." I say kissing her temple.
"So you two, how'd you meet?" Miss Perry asks, I look at Faith and mood for her to tell.
"Oh okay. Well when I found out that Dan had been cheating on me I decided to back a bag and leave. I bought a car off a homeless man on the side of the road for like $300 cash."
"Wait? Did you pay that much for that thing?" I ask shocked.
"Why? what was wrong with the car?" Her mom asks.
"It was a rusted, beat up old car that looked like it hadn't been driven in the last century." I laugh.
"Hey it was the best I had access to okay!" Faith says playfully hitting my chest. "Anyway I was just driving to get away. I didn't have a plan but then the car broke down. I remembered seeing there was a town coming up so I thought to just walk towards it. Tim found me wondering along the side of the road. He picked me up and sorted out the car and took me to live with his mom. She used to look after foster kids so she had a spare room for me." She says. I'm fixated on her. "And here we are 2 months later."she says smiling at me.
"Isn't that lovely Ted?" Faith mom asks.
"And what are you doing in Start now?" Her dad ask.
"I got a job as a school nurse and football team medic. My boss is such a hard ass though." She says laughing. I can see her parents don't see the joke.
"I'm school principle and the head coach of the football team so." I explain to them. They catch on and join in on the laughing. We stay up talking a while longer and then decide to call it a night. I walk up the stairs with Faith to say goodnight. We stand her doorway and I give her a soft kiss. "I love you Tim"
"I love you too." I say and head to bed.

Faith POV
I'm putting on moisturiser before bed when there's a knock at my door.
"Come in." I say. My mom walks in "hey momma." She sits in the edge of my bed.
"Tim is really nice." She says. Her approval causes me to smile widely. I wasn't worried that they wouldn't like him I'm just glad that they do.
"Yeah. He's the best." I say probably looking and sounding disgustingly smitten. "I think I'm going to marry this guy momma."
"Well I'm going to have beautiful grandchildren." She say laughing. I tell her to come lay down with me. I missed my momma.
"Does daddy like him too?" I ask anxious.
"I don't think you father will ever think anyone is good enough for his princess, but he says that Tim is as close as they'll ever get."
"I'm so glad." I tell her.
"Me too. Is he good to you?" Momma asks. I know she's worried after Dan.
"He's so good to me momma." I say and I tell her all about the house he built and then how he surprised me with it.
"Oh my goodness Faith! That's so sweet." Momma says gushing.
"I know right!"
"If y'all are living together why didn't you say? You don't have to be in separate rooms. We just thought that you were still at Tim's moms house." She says.
"I think that Tim just wants to respect your house rules." I say chuckling.
"You've really struck gold with this one Faith." my mom says "except his choice in football team." She laughs.
"Yeah LSU isn't a top pick." I am say agreeing.
"Faith you're literally wearing an LSU shirt right now." She laughs, I forgot that I was wearing Tim's shirt. Oops. "You're gonna have to take that off before your poor brothers and father have a heart attack."
"You're right."

I wake up on thanksgiving morning to the smell of turkey wafting up to my room. I make my way down stairs and see that Tim is already dressed and helping my mom in the kitchen.
"Hey baby. I made you some coffee." Tim says bringing me a mug. God I'm lucky.
"What time is it?" I ask thinking that I must've slept in real late if they're already this busy.
"About 8am." I nearly choke.
"What are y'all doing being so lively this early?" I ask the two of them.
"Thanksgiving dinner waits for no one." Tim says.
"This boy knows." My momma agrees.
I sit and each some breakfast in the kitchen while the two of then stay busy. "You're father just went with your brothers to pick oranges at the Atkinson Orchard so that we can make orange juice." Momma says. Tim sits at the chair opposite me as he waits for something in the oven. I get up and put my dishes in the dishwasher. Tim grabs my waist and sits me on his lap.
"I love this shirt on you." He whispers softly to me. I'm ver comfortable so I just remain seated on his lap. Suddenly my brothers and dad rush through the door.
"Faith!" My eldest brother yells rushing in. He stops dead in his tracks. "What the hell is that?" He says looking at my pyjama shirt.
"Language." My mom says.
"Oh yeah, didn't you hear? I love LSU." I say to him.
"Mom! Dad!" He yells. "We don't have a sister anymore."
"Is she to old to give back to the adoption agency?" My younger brother laughs. We all do. Except Tim but he'll catch on to our humour soon enough.
"Okay y'all. This is Tim. These are my brothers." I say introducing him.
They shake hands and introduce themselves. I decide to go shower and get dressed. I've packed some blue jeans and this turtle neck that's the colour of falling leaves. Perfect thanksgiving wear. And I know Tim likes jeans.
"He momma, can I do anything?" I ask her.
"Me and Tim are almost done. But you can start juicing the oranges with Tim." She says. I sit down at the table and help him.
"Your brothers said that your cousins were coming as well? And their wives are coming later as well?" Shit I forgot to tell him how big a Perry thanksgiving can get.
"Yeah. Sorry I forgot to say how many people come."
"Oh baby, it's fine! I can't wait to meet them all. Your brothers said we play a game of football after dinner too." He's excited. It's adorable.
"Yep, a Perry family tradition." I tell him. "I'll request that you're put into the skins team." They usually just go shirts and skins and any opportunity for Tim to be shirtless is a good one. He just laughs.
At around 2 everyone starts showing up. I introduce Tim to everyone and I get the feeling that almost everyone likes him. Yay!! Tim and I carry all the food out onto the huge table outside. My parents have a huge yard, perfect for this kind of family gathering. We all sit down for dinner and Tim and I next to each other with my Aunt Sandra, cousin Mel and her husband Dave, and my brother and his wife Sarah. They're all curious to hear how we met and I get Tim to tell the story. His favourite part is telling them that he made me chicken and dumplings and that a gave me a spoon and a fork. Guys. After dinner the guys start splitting into teams. All of us ladies sit on the grass and watch, while we enjoy a glass of wine. Tim's team start taking off their shirts and he just look over at me. I give him a look that says 'I told you so'. He rolls his eyes and pulls off his shirt. All the ladies around me let out a simultaneous gasp.
"I know ladies, I know." I say softly to them.
"Holy hell Faith." My aunt Sandra gasps. "Feel as good as it looks?" She asks me. I'm shocked. Luckily my mom and dad have gone for a walk.
"Aunt Sandra!" I say patting her leg.
"That means most definitely." My sister in law laughs. "Why don't your brother look like that?" She asks. I'm 100% sure that none of us are watching the game, just Tim. It's cool to see him interact with everyone, he's easily the best but he doesn't hog the ball or show off. I love him. As they wrap up their game they walk toward us.
"I think that's the most attentive crowd we've ever had!" My brother says oblivious to the fact that we were just watching Tim. I stand up and walk towards him. He sweaty, shirtless and irresistible. I give him a kiss.
"You were great honey." I say holding on to him.
"Thanks baby." He says and pulls his shirt back on.
"Faith are y'all heading home tomorrow?" My brothers ask.
"Yeah, we have work." I tell him. My parents come back and we all enjoy our dessert. It's been a long, exhausting day and I'm ready to hit the hay. Tim and I greet everyone as they leave, and Tim says that they'll all have to come visit us sometime. He's the best. At the end of the night Tim walks me up to my room and kisses me goodnight again.
"Thanks for being so good with my family." I say to him.
"I loved it." He says. We say our goodnights and I head to bed.
"Knock knock." I hear my day say.
"Come in daddy." I say.
He just like momma sits on the edge of the bed. "Faith, I like him." He says. I almost let out a sigh of relief.
"I'm so happy daddy." I say hugging him.
"He's a great guy. And he fits in so well with our family. But if he ever does anything, call me and I will pick you up." He says. He so protective. I love him.
"Okay daddy." I say. "I'm really glad you like him."
"You two are perfect together." He says kissing my head and going out. This has been a very successful thanksgiving weekend.

The next morning we have breakfast with my parents.
"I think y'all should get on the road as soon as possible. It's only going to get busier the later it gets." Daddy says.
"I think that's a good idea." Tim says looking at me for approval. After breakfast we through our bags in the truck and say goodbye to my parents. After hugging my mom Tim shakes my dad's hand.
"You've gotten it son." He says to Tim. He just nods knowingly. I wait to question him in the truck. As soon as we pull out of the driveway I ask Tim "what did my dad mean?"
"Oh that." He says. "He just means that I've got his blessing." I can see that he's trying to act cool but he's so happy. We spend the drive home just listening to the radio and singing along. I look at Tim and I can feel he's the one. We're going to spend our lives together. We're going to have beautiful kids. We're going to be happy.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

7.1K 225 33
Faith and Tim were high school sweethearts well at least until Faith moved to Nashville to pursue her dream of being a singer/songwriter and communic...
17.4K 316 23
Tim is keeping a secret from Faith, a huge secret. What will happen when she finds out, will se accept it, or disapprove? Read and find out. ________...
278 52 27
Faith loses everything when the person she loves most disappears leaving her alone with no place to go. She finds a mysterious note and goes on a que...
7.1K 199 36
Four years of pain and fighting after their divorce has left them here... worn down, broken, and frankly, lost. Faith fights to move on, despite the...