The Girl Who Rewinds Time [Li...

By Skippy2026

Daniel Connors is an ordinary student attending Blackwell Academy. Known as a skater around the school, Danie... More

Chapter 1: Blackwell Academy
Chapter 2: The School Alarm
Chapter 3: Campus Grounds
Chapter 4: Unpleasant Encounter
Chapter 5: Nerdy Friend
Chapter 6: Heated Snowflakes
Chapter 7: A New Morning
Chapter 9: The Blue-Haird Girl
Chapter 10: The Junkyard
Chapter 11: The Drug Dealer
Chapter 12: Friendships and Trains
Chapter 13: Return to Blackwell
Chapter 14: The Jumper
Chapter 15: Eclipse
Chapter 16: Late Nights at Blackwell
Chapter 17: The Principals Office
Chapter 18: Blackwell Pool
Chapter 19: Rachel Amber Cosplay
Chapter 20: Old Memories
Chapter 21: The Madsen Confrontation
Chapter 22: The Drug Dealer's RV
Chapter 23: Pained Memories
Chapter 24: Strange Actions
Chapter 25: A Paralyzed Friend
Chapter 26: The Blade Runner
Chapter 27: Ending the Pain
Chapter 28: The Punk and the Skater
Chapter 29: The Seperation
Chapter 30: Reunited with Blackwell
Chapter 31: The Prescott Rival
Chapter 32: The Drug Dealer's Clients
Chapter 33: Putting Them Together
Chapter 34: Some Old Prescott Barn
Chapter 35: Rachel Dawn Amber
Chapter 36: The End of the World Party
Chapter 36: The Everyday Hero
Chapter 37: Always Take The Shot
Chapter 38: The Dark Room
Chapter 39: A Talk With Mark
Chapter 40: Back in Time
Chapter 41: San Francisco
Chapter 42: The Photography Teacher
Chapter 43: The Madsen Reconciliation
Chapter 44: The Swirling Storm
Chapter 45: The Science Kid
Chapter 46: Back Together
Chapter 47: The Storm Strikes
Chapter 48: Always With You
Epilogue
Update: Life After Arcadia

Chapter 8: Two Whales Diner

825 30 2
By Skippy2026

The bus soon came by again. Max and I stepped onto the bus. The driver greeted us with a friendly nod. I followed her to a seat and sat down beside her. We wouldn't have to worry about awkward conversations since we both had earbuds in. I continued the game I was playing on the steps. Blackwell fell out of sight as we drove through Arcadia Bay. I glanced at Max.

Hmm... I wonder what got her to come to me at Blackwell? We only talked for several minutes yesterday and we're not really friends.

Whatever though. It's chill.

The bus started to slow down and eventually stopped in front of another bus stop. An old looking dude and a woman stood outside. I stood up and let Max pass me. She smiled at me as she passed. We stepped off the bus and onto the sidewalk in front of the old dude and the woman.

"Don't try to take it from me. It's mine." The man said.

The woman shrugged and said, "I wouldn't dream of it." "I'm going to be a millionaire." He said. "Hope nobody steals my lottery ticket."

The woman looked at us. "Do you know if the bus has come yet? The online schedule isn't working." She said. "We just got off the school bus, but I'm sure the regular bus is coming too." Max assured her. "Oh, that's a relief. I can't be late for this job interview." She said. "Can't believe I have to take a bus all the way to Newport just to find a second job." She said. "Are things that bad here?" Max asked her. "Where are things good? I can't even afford to live here." The woman said. "Well, good luck!" Max told her. "Thanks, I sure need it." The woman said to us.

"You're in a good mood." I told her. "I'm just a nice person." She said with a confident smile. I guess I could work on my nice level a bit. We finally entered the diner and the smell of morning breakfast filled my nose.

"Hey, it's Max Caulfield and Daniel Connors!" Justin's voice spoke. "What's up, Justin?" Max said to him. "Getting my coffee on before I cut class and destroy some rails." Justin said. "Yeah, I hear ya man." I told him. "Come hit some rails with us later, Daniel." He said to me. "Sure dude." Justin smiled. "Cool man." He said.

He looked at Max. "Shouldn't you be taking photos?" He asked. "I am always taking photos. I am a camera." Justin chuckled. "You crack me up, Maxster. Of course, I'm baked so I'll laugh at anything." "You should be studying, bad boy." Max told him.

"So where's all your homework, schoolgirl?" Justin said. "School. Speaking of buds, I saw your bro Trevor sneaking out of Dana's room." Max said. "Yo, what?!" I questioned, making Max laugh. Justin shrugged. "Trevor finally told me about him and Dana hooking up."

We knew they had something going on. But damn. They're fucking official now. The lucky son of a bitch.

"He got there first, so Dan and I snooze and we lose... See ya later, guys." Justin said. Max grabbed my arm and led me to the booth we were sitting at.

"Hey, thanks, for helping me out yesterday. I owe you and Warren big time." Max said as we sat down. I nodded. "No problems from me. Well, except for getting our asses beat." Max nodded at my bruise. "Looks like he got you good." She said. I shook my head. "Nah, it's not bad." I assured her. A woman suddenly walked up to our booth.

"And there she is—a lovely young woman. How are you doing, Max?" She said with a bright smile.

"Hi Joyce, it's nice to see you again." Max said. "And this must be your boyfriend. I'm Joyce Price." My cheeks started to burn. "We're not... uh... we..." I couldn't find the words. Max smiled at me and chuckled. "We're not together." She told Joyce. "Oh, I'm sorry. I just assumed—" Max smiled. "It's quite alright, Joyce." She said. "Yeah. No harm done." I added. "Where are you from Mr...?" Joyce asked. "Daniel Connors. And I'm from Chicago." I told her.

"Ah, Chicago. I love it up there." Joyce said to me. I smiled and nodded. "It's cool there. I'm actually more of a city guy than a town's person." I told her. "I was born and raised in Arcadia Bay, so I guess that marks our differences right there." She said.

"I just wanted to say you look the same Joyce." Max said. Joyce smiled. "Like I'm still a waitress at Two Whales after all these years?" She said with a chuckle. "No, like you still look pretty." Max said. Joyce nodded. "Nice save, kid. You're still smart." She said. "But not that smart... Now you get busted for smoking pot." She said. I raised my eyebrows.

Wow. Max gets high? Rad!

Joyce gripped her hands to her hips. "I heard the whole sordid story from David. I'm sorry this was how you had to meet him." Wait. David is in a relationship with her? Well, if only Joyce knew what we dealt with at Blackwell with that dickhead.

"He's a good man... no matter what Chloe says." Joyce told us.

Again with this Chloe. The blue-haired chick I saw yesterday. She just keeps coming up. But there's just still something awfully familiar about that name.

Max nodded. "Yeah, I'm sure. I don't even smoke... like, ever. It was almost an accident. Very stupid. I'm sorry." Max said to Joyce. "It surprised me fierce." Joyce replied. "I was hoping you could be a good influence in her life now..." Max nodded. "I will be. Promise." Max looked at me. "We both will." She said.

Wait, huh? I haven't even met Chloe.

Max gave me a pleading look. "Uhhh, yeah. We'll look out for her." I said. "Really? She hasn't mentioned you before..." Joyce said. "Yeah, we met only twice." I said. "But with Max, it'd be cool to get to know her better." I said. Joyce smiled. "Well I'm glad. Chloe needs more people in her life." She said.

"I know things were hard for you and Chloe. I feel bad I didn't call." Max said. "Now my folks are in Seattle and I'm all alone at Blackwell. It's my karma." Joyce nodded. "You did the right thing. You moved forward with your life." She said. Joyce closed her eyes.

"I did, after William passed on."

Aw man. Was that her husband or something?

"Chloe... Chloe chose to stay angry." Joyce looked at me. "I'm sorry for talking all this nonsense in front of you, Daniel. I'd give you the full story, but I'm not so comfortable saying it." She said. "It's cool." I assured her. "Anyway, I hope we see more of you two." Joyce said. "Chloe needs friends again. Old and new." We both nodded.

"Joyce, I am so sorry about William. I have great memories of him." Max said. Bringing a smile to Joyce's face. "I'm glad, Max. That was his gift to us... wonderful memories." Joyce crossed her arms. "Even if Chloe doesn't understand yet." She said. "Chloe understands. She just needs... time. I know that sucks for you." Max told her. "Oh, she hit all the phases." Joyce said.

"Expulsion, running away, drugs, bad boys, tattoos, piercings, blue hair..." Joyce listed.

Max and I nodded along. "Now she's gotta rebel against her stepfather." Joyce said. "I see why... I mean—" "Do you?" Joyce interrupted Max. "He's not as much of a hardass as you think." She said. "But you did tell him you had a joint, right? You took that responsibility?" Max nodded. "I did. And I am sorry. I don't want Chloe in anymore trouble... Or me." Joyce smiled. "Nobody's in trouble over a doobie, Max. And I admire that you took the heat for Chloe... Like a great friend." Joyce said.

"But Chloe does push David and it's not fair." Joyce said to us. "He paid his dues in a war. He does care about her, along with all the students at Blackwell."

"I get it, Joyce." Max said. "I know Chloe still likes to stir things up..."

Joyce nodded. "Yeah, she still does provoke people. Especially David. I just want us to be a family soon. I guess it's all about time..." Max nodded. "I think your right, Joyce." She said.

Joyce chuckled. "I'm sorry, Daniel. We're booting you out of the conversation." She said. "It's cool. You have a history together. I get it." I said.

"So. Now let's get down to the nitty gritty." Joyce said. "What do you want to eat?" Max smiled widely. "The last good Belgian waffle I had was here when I was thirteen years old. So, bring it on." Max said. Joyce nodded. "Now finish your coffee." She said. And with that, Joyce walked back to the counter.

"So. What do you think of Joyce?" Max asked as she sipped her coffee. "She seems... nice." I told her. Max smiled. "I'm glad you like her." She said.

Joyce finally brought us these "Belgian waffles" they were talking about earlier. "I can hear your stomachs rumbling from here, you two. You'll love this." She said as she placed the plates down. "I'm drooling like a baby." Max said. Joyce smiled at Max. "Still can't believe you're a woman." She said. "When I look at pictures of Chloe—" Joyce sighed and shook her head.

Joyce looked at the door. "Speak of the devil..." She said. I looked over my shoulder. There she was.

The blue-haired girl from yesterday.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

196K 5.2K 31
What if Max never got her powers and Nathan didn't kill Chloe? What if Chloe and Max simply reunited one day and have been working on their friendshi...
20.9K 818 28
"I wish you didn't hide behind this mask so people can see how fucking crazy you are," After the loss of her best friend, Rachel Amber, her father s...
447 3 11
Zabrina has been through so many challenges in the past, and now she's back. After Rachel Amber's disappearance, she and her older sister, Chloe, str...
6.4K 109 8
It has been over a year since Arcadia Bay was destroyed Chloe and her parents and all survivors from Blackwell were moved by the state one town over...