Through It All, Your Ferret ~...

By IRiSEaGLeS

COMPLETE. MATURE THEMES! Not recommended for those under 18! Hermione Granger has been elected Minister of Ma... More

Chapter 1: That Was Some Kiss, Granger
Chapter 2 Go for It
Chapter 3 My Dearest and Most Beautiful
Chapter 4 What My Life Has Become
Chapter 5 I Brought Dessert. And Wine
Chapter 6 Now About Tonight
Chapter 7 I Need a Programmable Coffee Maker
Chapter 8 Beds Empty. No Coffee
Chapter 9 A Drug I Crave
Chapter 10 It's Only Monday
Chapter 11 Let Him Be Your Person *
Chapter 12 I'm Sending Her a Fruit Basket
Chapter 13 Hell, All My Plans Have Gone South
Chapter 14 I Appoint You Temporary Minister
Chapter 15 I'm Wearing Sexy Lingerie Just for You *
Chapter 16 Add Nine Months
Chapter 17 Totally Innocent*
Chapter 19 It's Okay to be Scared
Chapter 20 Ron Knows*
Chapter 21 She's A Bloody Banshee
Chapter 22 May I Have the Honors
Chapter 23 This Can Be A Fair Trade
Chapter 24 He's a Survivor, Scorpius
Chapter 25 Forgiveness Frees You
Chapter 26 We're Already in Therapy*
Chapter 27: Any Little Malfoys
Chapter 28 We Are Healing Together
Chapter 29 Hermione Granger, Minister Extraordinaire
Chapter 30 Out Post Sex Talks
Chapter 31 I Hate to Impose
Chapter 32 What Just Happened
Chapter 33 *******I Love You Draco **********
Chapter 34 Rest Baby, I'm Here*
Chapter 35 It Feels Like Second Year All Over Again*
Chapter 36 What Harry Said
Chapter 37 Like an Infant
Chapter 38 Lay Next to Me
Chapter 39 Does the Girl Have a Red-Head Death-Wish
Chapter 40 Coffee or Champagne?

Chapter 18 I Think the Kids Are Awake

4.6K 110 40
By IRiSEaGLeS

"Darling. Wake up." I hear his satin smooth voice calling to me. "We fell asleep and I think the kids are awake." 

"Shit!" I whisper to him. That is the last thing we need is to have the kids look in the other guest room...

"Darling you worry too much," he coos.

"Uh you're not the one still married to someone else," I not so gently remind him. "If she finds out and tells her dad..."

"It will be fine. How much do you have over him anyways? I am willing to bet that stripper named girl wasn't just admiring him for his intellect." He starts kissing my neck leading down to my still exposed breasts.

"Draco!" I am between stressed out and mad at him for not understanding why I'm stressed out, so I try and push him away.

"Take a shower and get changed." He slides on top of me, tempting me to do much much more than take a shower. "I'll get the kids to stay away. Plus your room is pre-disheveled so it looks like you slept there. Now start the water..." He winks as he rolls off me, or at least tries, before I catch him in my legs and arms because he is one step ahead of me. He prepared for something like this. He's still protecting me, ever so subtly and I feel the need to thank him. Again.

"Not so fast," as my legs tighten around him pulling him down. I tease him with my hips, hearing him moan. I feel his growing presence on my abdomen, throbbing to be satisfied. My nails clench into his buttocks thrusting him even tighter into me. "How about we both take a long, hot shower?"

"Darling..." there is a desirous strain in his voice.

"Please," I ask in my sweetest but still commanding voice. I meet his eyes and they scream that they don't want to let me go.

"I know. I know." He feigns resigning to me, throwing his hands up in surrender making me laugh. "You get what you want, especially when you say please. And how can I deny you of that?" He says slyly, knowing exactly where a shower will lead both of us.

We left the room, probably an hour and a half later, to giggles coming from downstairs.

Let's just stay the shower ran out of hot water while we were in there, but neither of us noticed. The shower was a continuation of the previous night; sensual as both of us probably washed each other, and felt each other's bodies multiple times both inside and out.

I feel like I am living in one of the trashy Muggle novels that I would read in my empty bed at night. But oh so much better.

Merlin if I have the dreams again this week, with Ron home he will know something is different. I might need to find an 'outlet' if they do return.

"Draco."

"Yes darling."

"What happens if the dreams return this week?"

Our moist, naked bodies were wrapped in one large bath towel still warm from the water and our closeness. I lean into him, his arms tightly around me and my head nuzzled into his shoulder. "You send me a message. We find time for each other. Even if it is just a coffee to discuss the children."

I look at him with my 'I call bull' eyes, and he understands. He chuckles at the idea of just having coffee. "We both know that won't make the desire sated. It will only make things harder." I slip my hand down to his manhood, to emphasis the last word ever more. The growl that resonates through his chest sends me into an explosion of overstimulated nerves. But I'm not one to care at this point. I am wrapped up in a towel with a handsome man that cares for me. It doesn't get much better.

The giggles continued as Draco made his way downstairs first, to see if the coast was clear, before my heading down.

Just hearing their voices, calm and relaxed, gives me an idea what my life could be. What it should be.

Not the neverending disagreements, the drunken nights, the girlfriends, and now my boyfriend. I need some comfort in my life and I seem to find it here. Not the 3 am stumbling in the house. Not the many nights sleeping on the couch where I'm alone in the bedroom. Not the toys and battery powered boyfriends I've had for years.

This is what should be. This is what I always expected life to be. This is a family, even though it is really parts of two broken families trying to find themselves.

I just can't help myself. I'm giddy. I'm in love. I'm happy. The world is just right in this one small moment. I don't have any stress - last night and this morning relieved all of it. I don't feel any remorse. I feel cared for. I feel what I should with my husband, but honestly I don't ever recall feeling this blissful with him.

I just stood atop of the stairs, watching this man be the father that his son needs. His son that lost so much when his mum died. His son that has the father that Draco desired.

To quote Draco growing up, 'I'm a Malfoy, I get what I want.' This is what I want, and I will work for both of us to get it.

Because love and happiness, they shouldn't be that hard to come by.

Ron returned home a few days later, and it was like he never left. The only changes were that he was moodier and he was furious about Rose and Scorpius being as involved as they were.

"'Mione," I cringe at that word coming out of his mouth, "you really like this kid? How can you? He's a bloody Malfoy! And you let that other ferret chaperone their dates? Come on, what are you thinking? Please tell me."

"Yes, he's a Malfoy. He's not Lucius or Bellatrix. He's his own person, a good kid. To see him with our daughter, he's going to protect her and care for her. Even if it is against his own family." I take a breath, I know this isn't going to go far with him even being sober. "Talk to Harry and Ginny. He is over at their house a great deal with Al."

"He's a Slytherin like all those other Malfoys."

"Are you going to hold that against your own nephew? He's a Slytherin also."

"That's different. And I know you have to bunk the pureblood status and all, being Minister, but think rationally."

"First, it isn't different. Second, it isn't bunk. I gave the boy a chance. I listened to how my daughter and nephew spoke of him. I made my own decision. I would like you to take a minute of your day and do the same. For your daughter. She really cares about the boy."

"And what about Malfoy chaperoning their dates? I suppose you're fine with that too."

"Yes I am. He tells me what goes on. He says he enjoys watching his son try to put moves on Rosie. He just is making sure that they are safe and aren't doing anything they shouldn't for their age." I give a stern look to my husband, "As her father, I would think that you would appreciate it."

"No I don't appreciate a Death Eater leering at my daughter."

I froze. I had no comeback for this. A Death Eater leering at Rose. That isn't what remotely happens. 'If anything, said 'Death Eater' is leering at your wife!' I try my best to keep that to myself and not scream it in his face. "Ronald, I can't even respond to something so ridiculous. That sounds beyond creepy. Draco would never leer at Rose. She is his son's girlfriend."

"'Mione," again with the nails on the chalkboard sound, "he's a Death Eater, he's a creepy bloke."

Oh my head hurts already. I am going to need massive amounts of coffee this morning, especially if I have a Monday like my last. "I have to go into work. Once you get a decent and logic based argument, let me know. Until then, I want you to try and think about your daughter's feelings. And that Draco and I came up with a plan to protect them from the press. We both are concerned for our children, and we care about them - individually and as a couple. They are happy together, and until that time that they are not, we will support them. With or without you Ron." I grab my tote bag that contains all the current 'dire emergency' and some of the other more time sensitive 'crisis level' files and head to the fireplace. "Please Ron, think of Rose. Think of her feelings."

"I am. She's going to get hurt."

"I don't think so. Meet the boy. You'll change your mind. Or at least talk to Ginny and Harry."

"Fine," he huffs just before I leave for the Ministry to tackle another 'bloody Monday'.

I walk in to be greeted by a whirlwind of activity. I greet everyone graciously, but curtly, as I speed to my office to see what the crisis du jour is.

"Lani!" I call out to her as she notices me quickly approaching.

"Meeting in the Wizengamot in 10."

"On my way down now. File?" She sends one flying my way, as I send my tote to her. "I'll update you when I return." The only response I see is a brief nod as I rush down to the elevators, reading the file in my hand. "Oh bloody hell," I curse, thinking it was to myself, only to have a large cup handed to me.

"You're in a hurry, but here." I look up to see Draco's calming glance. I understand what he's doing, getting in whatever few seconds we can have together.

"Little Red Cafe?" He just nods.

"Just the way you like it according to Angela."

"You're my hero," I sigh. "I have to run."

"To the Wizengamot?" I give a slight nod, my nose still in the file at hand. "I'm on my way there too. If you look, my father is one of the members being discussed."

I hadn't got that far as to see what Death Eaters are appealing for release. Sure enough Lucius Malfoy is the third name on the list. "Draco..."

"I am not for it, if that's what you're asking. I saw what he did. I am willing to testify against any and all those members on the list. Honestly, I would be scared if they were released. Scared for Rose and Scorpius dating for instance. My father"

"You don't have to explain. Damn there was no time to pull much of anything. We might just have to postpone until all the files are pulled."

"They won't allow that. My father would say it is some ploy the Ministry is pulling to keep an unjust prisoner in Azkaban."

"Great. I think I'm going to need something stronger than this today." I look down at the coffee in my hand, fearing the absolute worst.

He leans over and kisses the crown of my head. "This is going to have to suffice. Just know I will protect you and Rose from the sperm donor that calls himself my father."

The gates open and I get one last glance toward the man next to me. The man who has promised my daughter's safety from his own father. I take a deep breath, a large gulp, and mentally prepare myself for the hell that awaits me on the other side of the double doors in front of me.

"Here goes."

The headline Tuesday morning read: '12 Convicted Death Eaters Released due to Ministry Malfeasance'.

Lucius Malfoy was one of them.

They all claimed a personal vendetta that Harry, Ron and myself had against them that caused their trial to be mishandled. "Who should take the testimony that can only be collaborated by three wizards, barely of age at the time of the war."

That argument hurt me personally. We had been battling this evil since we received our wands, and yet we are not trustworthy? I am the Minister! I feel an impeachment coming soon by these former 'esteemed members of the wizarding community'.

They further argued that the speed in which the trials were conducted lead to the inability to present a reasonable defense.

Complete and total bull.

I left at the end of the trial, and went and secured my home with every ward known and some I created. I had Ron go to the Burrow and do the same. Harry went to his home. Every Order member still around did the same. And then they went to homes that needed securing and followed suit.

I haven't seen most of the Order in years. Nor members of Dumbledore's Army. I hated seeing them all because of this. I should have seen them more often, for better reasons. Not because we were living in fear. Again.

I didn't see Draco after the judgement, but I saw the expression on his face as he left. He was not happy.

My Dearest Minister,
I know you are taking every possible protection for you and your family. I would like to offer my assistance for some on the darker side of the magical arts. I vowed your daughter's safety and I am willing to do anything and everything to ensure it. 
Most standard wards don't stand a chance against the Death Eaters that were released, including my father.
I am also securing my home, in case Rose wants to come over here to watch a movie.
I have already been in contact with my father. He is to reside in the Manor and is not given permission to enter my home. Bloodlock or not. (That is one I can teach you, it will allow easy access for any of the Weasley children to go between homes, if one is invaded.)
I fear this is the beginning of a new war. I pray I am wrong. But I don't trust any of these Death Eaters. They were some of the brighter and highest members of the inner circle.
Please, take me up on my offer. And be safe. No matter what, be safe.
Through It All,
Your Ferret

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

26.3K 1K 29
[ FULLY EDITED ] Lucius Malfoy has been fatally ill for months. He's so ill, in fact, he's forbidden anyone to help take care of him. Draco's tried e...
436 49 24
15 year old Katianne Potter finally broke out of her little bubble and decided to be friends with not just Elliot Diggory and her brother, but also w...
158K 4.9K 24
The wizards and witches we all know and love are back for their last year in Hogwarts! Hermione starts to receive unexpected love letters from a secr...
293 0 19
The whole Granger family had always been a family of muggles and it was never an issue, since they didn't even acknowledge the existence of magic. Th...