A Dish Best Served Cold {KHR}

By randomcitizen_58

After years of seeing their precious boss being bullied by their class, the Guardians, Reborn, the Vongola Fa... More

Target 1 - Beginning
Target 2 - Airport
~Halloween Omake Special~
Target 3 - Flight
Target 4 - Vongola
Target 5 - Enter, Arcobaleno!
Target 6 - Allies Appear
Target 7 - Vongola's Strongest
Target 8 - Calm Before the Storm
Target 9 - Let's Do It: Vongola Style Pt. 1
Target 10 - Lost Within Mist: Vongola Style Pt. 2
Target 11 - Dates and Torture: Vongola Style Pt. 3
Target 12 - Plain Pain: Vongola Style Pt. 4
Target 13 - The Omerta
Target 14 - Storm: Flames Pt. 1
Target 15 - Rain: Flames Pt. 2
Target 16 - Sun: Flames Pt. 3
~Christmas Omake Special~
Target 17 - Lightning and Cloud: Flames Pt. 4
~New Years Omake Special~
Target 18 - Mist: Flames Pt. 5
Target 19 - Back to Namimori
~Target - Author's Note: Please Read {LONG}~
THANK YOU SO MUCH <333

Target 20 - Epilogue

3.1K 96 14
By randomcitizen_58

Third POV:

When they arrived back at the airport in Japan, the limousines were already waiting for them. They had to sit in the limos for another hour or so to get back to Namimori high to be dropped off. When they did, they all bid each other farewell and left to go to their houses.

Sadly, Tsuna's guardians, Reborn and the young Decimo had to part ways with the couple entering the household only to alert the occupants. "TUUUUUNA-FIIIIIIIIISH!" A voice shouted. Iemitsu Sawada is the father of the current Vongola boss and the former head of the CEDEF department.

The brunette got smothered by his father, whom spun the petite boy around and almost hugged the life out of him, while his mother just decided to take an easier approach and welcomed him home, gave him a brief hug and kissing his forehead.

Although the three young children have seen their older brother figure at the beginning of the trip, and Lambo had stayed a little longer than I-Pin and Fuuta (although he was forced to leave and travel back to Japan during the second to last week), they still missed him dearly.

The brunette was knocked back slightly by the three added weights, though he didn't seem to mind as he ruffled the boys' hair and pat the girl on the head (he didn't think she would appreciate it if he messed up her perfectly neat braid by accidentally tugging some hairs out).

Reborn soon side-stepped the family, setting himself down at the dining table and waiting patiently. Nana was the first to come in, greeting the dark-haired man who nodded in acknowledgement and went back to curling his sideburn.

Nana was quite supportive of the couple, though she showed this by being almost completely oblivious to the two's- or, rather, Reborn's -obvious touching of each other (Tsuna). Iemitsu still gave Reborn the 'taint-my-tuna-fish-and-I-will-kill-you' look.

Though, it was a little too late for that.

In both the indecent way, and because the brunette is literally the boss of a mafia famiglia. Yeah, that went over the blonde's head quite a bit. Oh, how perfectly idiotic of the man. Well, no matter- it certainly worked in Reborn's favour (ifyaknowwhatImean).

When the others did come into the kitchen, Reborn noticed that it was quite late in the evening by now and the family were preparing dinner. Or, more accurately, Nana was making dinner while Iemitsu watched his wife with the three rascals playing games in the dining room.

Now, Iemitsu sat at one end of the table with his son on the opposite end. Lambo sat on the left side of Tsuna, with Reborn taking up the right side making the two ex one-sided rivals sit opposite each other.

Next to Lambo, sat I-Pin with Fuuta sat pleasantly ahead of her. Nana sat next to I-Pin, with an empty seat opposite of her which would usually be taken up by Bianchi or Hayato, whenever the storm guardian came over to make sure that his boss was well.

Iemitsu then, obviously, sat by Nana, with an empty seat beside him as he faced his son. In the beginning, when Iemitsu had first been told to go live back in Japan with his wife by his son, he was slightly reluctant. Leaving his position would create an argument within the Vongola about who would be the next leader of CEDEF.

The blonde was slightly relieved to find that the next head of CEDEF after he stepped down would be Reborn, as the dark-haired arcobaleno could no doubt lead the organisation, and protect his son while he was at it, quite well. Not to mention Basil and his other subordinates.

He was confident that they would lead the CEDEF if Reborn was unable to, for any reason. At first, it was slightly awkward as he sat at one end of the table while his son sat at the other. The boss aura his son had naturally let out would take some getting used to.

It was like he was constantly confronting his boss, whether it was about reports or such, but never had he felt a boss aura this potent- quite frankly, it made him proud and sad. His son was growing and he wouldn't need him any more.

At least that's what he thought until Tsuna beat it into his head that he would always need his parents to support him. Though, Reborn must admit that it was humorous to watch the former CEDEF leader squirm in the presence of his own son.

It was amusing, to say the least.

After the pleasant dinner, they had all returned to their bedrooms to sleep, with Reborn and Tsuna sharing the bed as usual.

--={&}=--

Dawn came quickly, the Decimo waking up at six o'clock on instinct while Reborn was still stuck in a state of slumber beside him. Tsuna dressed quickly, going to the bathroom and doing his things after which he washed his hands and brushed his teeth.

He then proceeded to do his usual routine of breakfast, and espresso for the boyfriend. It wasn't long after- half past six, maybe -when he had seen Takeshi and Hayato outside of his gate ready to pick him up. He left the steaming cup of espresso on his desk.

The strong aroma seemed to wake up the arcobaleno, as he sluggishly got up and yawned before taking a sip. Tsuna quickly kissed the man's cheek before grabbing his bag and the remaining piece of toast off of his plate to-go, walking out of the door and towards the school with his storm and rain guardians.

They had met Ryohei and Hibari already, with Chrome and Mukuro sticking more to the shadows and not really conversing with anyone but themselves. The brunette was surprised to earn a lot of greetings that morning from his classmates from 2-A;

"Good morning, Decimo!"

"How are you today, Tsuna-kun?"

"Morning! Did you sleep well?"

"Beautiful day, isn't it Tsuna?"

"Ohayou!"

"Hope you have a great day!"

And many more were said as he passed through the courtyard. The seniors, lower classes of the same year and first-years were surprised as previously, the entire school had called the boy 'dame-Tsuna' and didn't bat an eye at him unless he had done something stupid.

Mochida had joined in on the welcomes and 'good morning's as well, surprising his friends and kendo club members. When they had reached their form class, they had many good mornings and greetings from the students inside as well.

The guardians present smiled, as their boss was getting the recognition he deserved. "Ohayou, min'na," the brunette finally said after snapping out of his slight surprise and shock. Nezu was nowhere to be seen, and they were introduced to a new tutor.

Nezu had apparently 'quit' his job, though we all know it was most likely Reborn's doing, and he had been replaced with a kind teacher whom they called Kessho-sensei. The day had gone by smoothly, with the odd insult or two from other classes.

It was safe to say that they were dealt with quickly. It was truly a new beginning.

--={Three Years Later}=--

It has been three years since the trip to Italy, and the brunette Decimo was sitting in his office doing paperwork. This was unusual since he would usually be seen in the music or art room instead, with the occasional library paperwork session here and there.

It was a casual day in the mansion, meaning that there was not a single dress nor suit in sight. The brunette was wearing simple black skinny jeans with his orange converse, grey shirt and white and orange jacket over top.

Since the graduation, Tsunayoshi and his guardians have moved to Sicily to live in Vongola mansion instead of taking trips back and forth constantly. The missions amongst his guardians and arcobaleno were quite common, along with the Varia's amazing stamina in completing twenty or more mission in a row.

The former Namimori high students were now set into squadrons as promised, with one of the most successful offensive squadron captain's being Mochida. He was often put in charge whenever Hibari was out on missions or taking a break, with quite the bond of trust between him and his peers.

The Decimo was now nineteen, creeping in on his twentieth birthday which was just around the corner as the leaves had started to turn beautiful shades of sunset orange, golden yellow, muddy brown and crimson red, with most of them colouring the ground instead of the trees.

The bond of trust between the former students and Tsuna had only grown and flourished since the trip to Italy, though perhaps not as much as the ever growing and developing bond between the Decimo and his guardians.

He was quite lonely as of late, as his guardians always took many missions to free up space for more missions, while Reborn had his duties as the CEDEF leader. They all made an effort to show up on his birthday, though sometimes the missions took longer to complete...

There was always noise in Vongola mansion, whether it was allied famiglias and their dons visiting or some of his guardians managing to make it back, or even the Varia staying for a while. A safe haven of sorts, Tsuna guessed, was made of the Vongola HQ.

It was an interesting development from the slightly cold aura which surrounded the building before he had become the boss. It was warmer and more accepting now, though it could get quite tense sometimes when someone mentioned the past where the assassin squadrons had previously bullied their boss.

They had gotten past it now, making jokes about it but previously, it was still a fresh wound which stung every time someone mentioned the subject as if someone was adding salt water to it. It truly didn't matter anymore, though.

Tsuna sighed, the only sound was the scribbling of pen on paper and the moving of said paper after it was signed and read. Suddenly, there was a knock on the door. 

"Come in," he ordered, fixing his stance and his gaze fixating on the wooden door in front of him.

In walked Mochida, confidence radiating off of him instead of the arrogance which leaked out of his skin three years ago. 

"You have guests waiting in the living room, Tsuna-sama," he informed the younger of the two. Tsuna nodded.

He still couldn't get them to call him by his first name without honorifics.

"Thank you, Mochida. You're excused," he said gently, smiling softly which made the older smile back and blush. The disease of blushing at their boss' cuteness spread from the maids and butlers to the assassins as well. Not like it was a bad thing.

"Hai hai," he said before leaving. Tsuna furrowed his brows. He wasn't expecting guests, so who could these 'guests' be? It was peculiar, but he did notice the slight twitch of the corner of Mochida's mouth when the boy said the word 'guests'.

A smile or a smirk? Perhaps. The only way to find out was to actually go to the living room. With his HI ringing weakly, he left the room. He had walked, his steps making little to no sound which was heard only because of the unusual lack of noise in the mansion at the current time.

He walked to the living room, quirking a brow when he saw that the opaque, black curtains were drawn with the lights turned off. The Decimo flicked the light switch, lighting the room but did not expect the loud shout which followed the action.

"Happy Birthday!"

He saw his entire famiglia; his guardians, the arcobaleno, Varia, the Giglionero, Chiavarone, Shimon, Gesso and Mezzanotte famiglias, and the newest editions of the assassins. His parents, I-Pin and Fuuta were also there along with the CEDEF assassins.

He looked over to the calendar strung up on the wall and saw that his birthday was sooner than he thought it was- it was today. The fourteenth of October and his birthday was on the very day he thought it was only around the corner.

Realising what this meant, he looked over at everyone and counted them all. They were all there, including Nono and his guardians who were hidden in the corner of the room looking slightly paler with less hair as they were getting older by the day.

"Min'na?" He asked. Hayato was the first to step forward, streamers in his hair and stuck on his clothes. 

"We wanted to celebrate your birthday with everyone here, Jyudaime since it's your twentieth birthday! So, we all finished our missions early as a surprise!" He explained.

The others nodded, expressing their happiness and excitement in their own ways. Tears welled in the young Decimo's eyes, causing him to blink to try to clear is vision to which he had to eventually wipe his eyes on his sleeves. He looked up at them with a breathtakingly beautiful smile, tears in his eyes.

"This is the best birthday present ever," he admitted, sobbing and trying to stop himself as he cried of happiness. The occupants smiled softly while Reborn wiped the tears from his lover's cheeks and kissed his forehead gently.

Yes, this truly was the best possible outcome.

--={&}=--

And thus, the story has sadly come to an end.

I was gonna have twenty one chapters, but then I remembered that I had a little bit of a writer's block so I decided to add a 'three years later' portion and make it the Epilogue instead.

Like I kinda mentioned before and in the last chapter, I have an a new KHR fanfic on my profile if you want to check it out :). I'll just leave it at this and let the A/N explain the rest :)

Ja ne~

-Bell

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

75.8K 3.3K 27
Since the Tenth generation had took over the Vongola, it slowly changed little by little. However, one day, Sawada Tsunayoshi, Vongola Tenth boss sud...
27.1K 1.3K 10
Sawada Tsunayoshi had died, and his Family is left crushed and devasted by the loss of their sky. Regret is a fickle thing, and Tsuna is trapped, una...
31.9K 1K 23
Tsuna and his guardians were having a peaceful lesson with their classmates in their classroom until odd things started to happen causing them to sto...
231 7 5
The Guardians of Vongola Decimo have never expected something big like this nor does everyone around the Sawada Family. An unexpected appearance, whe...