First Kiss - A Lawson FanFic

By goosie_

Joel Peat Lawson fanfic - Ellie meets Joel at her music exam and it's like they were meant to be together. Bu... More

Chapter 1 - Exam Day
Chapter 2 - Number
Chapter 3 - Texting
Chapter 4 - Joel's House
Chapter 5 - La Petite Maison
Chapter 6 - First Kiss
Chapter 7 - Phonecall
Chapter 8 - Surprise at Night
Chapter 9 - Morning After
Chapter 10 - Good News
Chapter 11 - Decisions
Chapter 12 - Joel's visit
Chapter 13 - Dinner
Chapter 14 - Night at Joel's
Chapter 15 - Next Day
Chapter 16 - Forgetful
Chapter 18 - Clubbing
Chapter 19 - Tour Preparations
Chapter 20 - Fight
Chapter 21 - Troubles
Chapter 22 - Aftermath

Chapter 17 - Getting Ready

246 11 4
By goosie_

I arrived at 'Saxon's Music Store' at exactly 10.12. I pretty much ran all the way. When I passed throughout the entrance, the manager called me over.

"Sorry I'm late," I said, breathless.

"Given that this is your first time late, I will let this go unnoticed," he said, narrowing his eyes at me, "But if you use your phone again during work hours I will have to fire you." I gulped; so he had noticed me using my phone.

"Of course. Sorry," I said quickly.

"Any explanation?" He asked.

"Er, family issues," I said vaguely. More like Joel Peat withdrawal symptoms, I thought.

"Right. Well I'd appreciate it if you didn't allow them to interfere with your job in the future." I nodded furiously.

"Well, back to it, then!" He commanded, and I scurried off to the storage room to resume packing music books. Once I was sure he was out of sight, I pulled my phone out of my pocket to find a text waiting from Joel.

Hope you're not in too much trouble!!

I replied:

Luckily I think I'm off the hook :) but stop texting me or I won't be!

Got it ;) missing you already. See you at 2?

Maybe a bit later. I'll come over xx

Okay. Love youuu xxx

I smiled, then continued to pack music books into cardboard boxes. Fun.

*****

My two hour shift passed quick enough, and I began to make my way back over to the boys' house. I didn't mind walking in this weather; even though it was nearly autumn, the remains of summer were still in the air, and it reminded of my first date with Joel in the park.

After buzzing the bell for 14b, the door opened showing a very smiley Joel.

"Hey!" he said, drawing me in for a hug.

"Hey," I said, wrapping my arms around him and letting his hold me close. Wow, he smelt nice.

"Come on in," he invited, pulling me inside. We walked up the stairs hand in hand.

"Was work okay then?" Joel asked.

"Yeah," I said, "The manager let me off 'cos it was my first time late, but told me I need to stop using my phone during my shift."

"Ah, probably my fault, sorry," Joel apologised.

"I was the one getting distracted this morning," I said.

"With what?" He cocked an eyebrow.

"You, obviously," I said, poking him.

"Aw, you're too cute," he said grinning, before pushing open the door to 14b.

I went ahead, stepping into the kitchen to pour myself a glass of water. Joel was smiling at me.

"What?" I asked, my mouth full of water.

"Nothing," he said, "It's just nice to see you at home here."

"Same to you," I said, thinking back to when he had dinner at home.

"Mmm," he mumbled in agreement.

Out of habit I refreshed my emails. I had one unread message, so I opened it with haste.

___________________________________________________________________

From: London Music College

CC: ruthgrey@lmc.org.uk

Dear Ellie,

I forward a copy of Ruth Grey's reply in this email:

That sounds fine to me. Ellie's eagerness to stretch her knowledge of contemporary music is a true asset that I think is correct to be encouraged. Please ensure she understands she must attend lectures and practises all the same.

Ruth

I trust this answers your queries - if you have any more questions please do not hesitate to let me know.

Good luck in your first year at London Music College and I hope you enjoy your experience on tour with the other musicians.

Regards,

Jonathan Peters

___________________________________________________________________

"Ellie?" Joel asked. I grinned up at him.

"I can come on tour!" I squealed.

"That's awesome!" He exclaimed, grinning widely. He grinned a lot.

"This is perfect," I said, biting my lip.

"Yeah," Joel said, "Hey, we should celebrate. You know, with the others. Go out clubbing or something."

"I'd love to!" I said, feeling exciting. I'd never properly gone clubbing before; I only turned eighteen last year.

"Great," Joel said, "Let's go tell the others."

"Sure," I said, "Listen, I should go home to get changed, if we are going out."

"Yeah if you want," he said, "Although, I am of the opinion that you look stunning whatever you wear."

"Oh, shush," I said blushing, "I can't wear leggings to a club, anyway."

"Guess not," he said shrugging.

We walked into the lounge where Adam was playing FIFA with Andy.

"Hey guys," Joel said. There were grunts of reply.

"Ellie can come on tour," Joel tried again. No response this time.

"Adam. Andy." Nothing. I tried:

"Hi." A female voice seemed to snap them to attention. Andy paused the game.

"Sorry," he said smiling.

"So," Joel began again, "Ellie can come on tour, and we're going clubbing to celebrate."

"Yes!" Adam exclaimed, "Tonight is going to be fun."

"Well, I'd better get going then," I said, turning to Joel.

"Okay," he said leading us back into the kitchen.

"Where's Ryan?" I asked.

"Probably upstairs sulking still."

"Oh, has he been like that all day?"

"Sort of. But don't worry about him," Joel said kindly.

"I'll try not to," I said laughing exasperatedly.

We reached the door.

"Bye, then," I said automatically. Joel gave me a funny look.

"You didn't think I'd let you walk home, did you?" He asked. I smiled.

"Thanks." He smiled to himself, grabbed his car keys and said,

"Let's go."

*****

Joel dropped me off at home before kissing me goodbye. I didn't like to see him go, but it was important to get used to not seeing him 24/7 when that wasn't realistic everyday, especially during their tour.

It was when I got to my room that I realised I had absolutely nothing to wear.

I sighed heavily in frustration. Why couldn't I be the normal eighteen year old girl who had an abundance of clothes and shoes?

Then one name came to my head. Beth. She was my best friend, and seemed to own every item of clothing that anyone could ever have.

I got my phone out and texted her right away.

I need help!! Do you have any clothes I can borrow to go clubbing?!

She replied almost instantly.

I haven't heard from you in ages!! But yes I can help. I'm coming over. (Btw you're only getting help because I'm coming to the club with you, right?) xxx

Deal. xxx

I locked my phone and sat patiently for her arrival, tidying my room to pass time. Finally the door bell rang, and I raced downstairs.

"It's Beth, I'll get it," I yelled to Mum.

I swung the door open, and there stood Beth, with clumps of various clothes and shoes in her hands, and a huge smile plastered on her face. Even though I hadn't seen her in a couple of weeks, she was still the same: her reddish brown hair was hung down below her shoulders, and she was wearing her trademark leather jacket.

"Ellie!" She squealed, pulling me into a hug.

"It's been too long," I said, pulling away and leading her upstairs, "Now, time to get ready."

*****

I stood in front of the mirror, looking at a girl wearing a black minidress that had small slits in the sides, high heels fitted to her feet, and her blonde hair a cascade of curls falling softly around her face. Her eyelids were covered in shimmery eyeshadow, her eyes emphasised with a flick of eyeliner, and lips a shade of crimson. And I couldn't believe that girl was me.

"Ellie, you look amazing, if I say so myself," Beth said, appreciating her work.

"Thank you so much Beth!" I said smiling.

"So, who are these boys we're going clubbing with tonight?" she asked, applying mascara. She was wearing a purple dress that sparkled when it caught the light, and killer black heels. The dress made her legs look so long, and I was slightly jealous; I wish I was a bit taller like her.

"There's Joel, my boyfriend, and-"

"You have a boyfriend?" She interrupted.

"Yeah. And also his bandmates-"

"Woah, back up," she said, "When did this happen?"

"Pretty quickly, actually. I met him before my exam last week."

"And why didn't I know about this?" She looked at me incredulously.

"Sorry," I said.

"No matter," she said, waving it away, "He's in a band? Cool."

"Yeah, they're called Lawson. They're pretty amazing, actually."

"And who are his bandmates?" She fluttered her eyelashes playfully.

"Adam, Andy and Ryan. But watch out for Ryan, he's a little... Awkward around relationships."

"I'm sure I can break him," Beth said with confidence. I just smiled, unsure that she could.

"Right, can you text your boyfriend to pick us up?"

"Sure," I said, retrieving my phone.

Hey! I'm ready :) is it okay if my friend Beth comes along?xxx

My phone buzzed almost immediately after I sent it.

Sure! Think we need more girls to balance out the lads! I'm leaving now to come pick you up, then we'll walk to the club from our house. xxx

I sent a reply of thanks, and turned back to Beth.

"Seriously, though," Beth began, "Are any of them hot?"

"Depends what you describe as hot," I shrugged. I'd never really thought about the other three; only ever Joel.

"I'll take that as a yes," she said with a wink.

Fifteen minutes later we heard a car honk outside. I looked out the window to see Joel waving from his seat.

"Let's go!" I said to Beth, beginning to feel excited. We went downstairs, and I kissed Mum goodbye.

"Take care," she called afterwards.

I opened the door of the passenger seat and slipped in. Joel raised his eyebrows and wolf-whistled.

"Woah, you look hot," he said, his eyes wide.

"All thanks to Beth," I said. Joel swivelled round and shook her hand.

"Nice to meet you. I'm Joel," he introduced.

"Beth. Nice to meet you too," she said smiling.

"Alright," Joel said, turning the key in the engine so that the car roared to life. Turning his head over his shoulder he reversed back into the road, and drove towards Chapman Square.

*****

As Beth and I walked into the kitchen of 14b there were a series of whistles.

"You girls look ravishing," Andy said, sauntering over.

"Thanks," I said awkwardly.

"And who might you be?" Andy asked, looking Beth up and down.

"Beth," she said, extending a hand. Andy took it eagerly, bending down and kissing it as if asking her to dance at a ball. She giggled.

"Andy. It is a pleasure to meet you," he said, looking her dead in the eye.

"The same to you, Andy," Beth said quietly. I cleared my throat just as Ryan came over.

"Sorry, he's already had something to drink," he said frowning.

"That's okay," Beth piped up. Ryan raised his eyebrows.

"This is Beth," I said quickly, "My friend."

"Hi," Ryan said, nodding his head at her, "C'mon Andy." He pulled him away from us.

"Wait, where are you going?" Beth asked, clearly disappointed.

"Don't want him to embarrass himself any further," Ryan muttered.

"He was fine, he wasn't-" Ryan cut her off.

"Oh you like drunks who perv on you as soon as they meet you?"

"Don't be jealous, Ryan," Joel said from behind us.

"Shut up, Joel," Ryan said, before heading back into the lounge, when Adam came out.

"Hey, Ellie, Joel," Adam said, "You must be Beth?"

"Yeah," she said smiling, although I could see she was confused as to what just happened.

"Cool," Adam said.

"Let's goooo guys!" Andy slurred, swinging an arm round Adam's shoulder.

"Okay, okay," Joel said, opening the door to let everyone through. He was wearing black skinny jeans, a white t-shirt with a leather jacket and black boots.

"You look handsome, by the way," I whispered to him as I passed through the door. He smirked, then walked beside me out of 14b and onto the pavement outside, towards the heavy beats of the club.

Tonight was going to be wild.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

22.4K 166 36
She/her pronouns for all chapters. NO SMUT (but some is a tad bit spicy) One shots from different tv shows and movies. • The 100 • Julie and the p...
289 28 4
if you hold on i might just stay forever if you get hurt i'll try to make it better if you go down then we go down together fem!oc x ellie williams
2.5K 44 17
Avery Quinn finds Charlie Carter in her darkest hour. She is broke, living on the street, and has already given up on love. Avery takes Charlie unde...
21.8K 184 23
This is a compilation of ENHYPEN imagines in different scenarios. Some stories are about each members, some are ot7. Keep reading to find out what's...