Can I Have This Dance? (Book...

By mercy123454321

Can i Have This Dance? Nicki Alab, whom lives with her step dad, step-sister and brother plus her mum in Ariz... More

Can I Have This Dance?
Can I Have This Dance (1)
Can I Have This Dance (2)
Can I Have This Dance? (3)
Can I Have This Dance (4)
Can I Have This Dance (5)
Can I Have This Dance (6)
Can I Have This Dance (7)
Can I Have This Dance (8)
Can I Have This Dance (9)
Can I Have This Dance (10)
Can I Have This Dance (11)
Can I Have This Dance (12)
Can I Have This Dance (13)
Can I Have This Dance (14)
Can I Have This Dance (15)
Can I Have This Dance (16)
Can I Have This Dance (18)
Can I Have This Dance (19)
Can I Have This Dance (20)
Can I Have This Dance (21 - Exclusive Chapter)

Can I Have This Dance (17)

14.4K 103 11
By mercy123454321

Can I Have This Dance?

Chapter 17

I woke up at 10o'clock in the morning, took a shower, ate and then hit the books, more like the drawings, to practice for my art exam tomorrow. I was quite a good drawer if I had to judge myself, so I should get a minimum of a B, but I'm trying to aim higher.

Two hours went by and I started to feel slightly peckish (hungry). I walked down the stairs, skimming the living room and walking past. WAIT A SECOND! I retraced my steps looking back at the living room and saw what I thought I hadn't. Alex and Clair making out.

I felt the strange tug on my heart, which I felt yesterday, again. Ignoring it I walked into the kitchen and decided to make myself a grilled cheese sandwich. When I had finished I cut it in half and starting stuffing my mouth on my way out of the kitchen.

"Pig, did you enjoy the show?" Clair asked in her squeaky voice, referring to her and Alex's make out session.

I glanced at her and then at Alex who didn't even look my way. What the hell is his problem!?!

"Didn't I tell you that he would leave you and come back to me?" she asked. She was talking about him as if he was just a piece of meat. But I guess if he wouldn't stick up for himself, then I wouldn't either. I swallowed my food before speaking.

"You did and I didn't believe you. To tell you the truth, I didn't think he was that stupid, but I guess he is," I said shrugging and starting to make my way up the stairs. I thought I saw Alex wince when I said that he was stupid, but I thought nothing of it.

"Hey, don't talk about him like that, just cause he left you for the better person, you jealous pig," Clair scoffed

"Excuse you, STD hoe, but I'm sure Alex can defend himself, and if you're the better person, then hells frozen over. We were just friends but not anymore. For your information, a friend is someone who likes you for who you are and talks to you, to get to know you. I'm just telling you in case you didn't know. Who am I kidding, you didn't," I retorted laughing slightly.

Alex looked at me, his eyes looked hurt, but I ignored him and walked up the stairs, back to my room. When I got inside, I went on my laptop and decided to listen to some music, giving myself a much needed break.

I went onto YouTube and clicked Britney Spears - Radar.

I put on my headphones and listened to the song, finishing my sandwich. I felt someone tap my shoulder and instantly turned around, to see Aaron.

"Hey Nicki," he said as I took off my headphones

"Hey," I said spinning around in my chair to face him.

"How's the drawing going?" he asked smiling

"They're going alright, I'm just......" I started, pausing when my door opened revealing Alex.

"......taking a break," I finished to Aaron

"Um...Aaron can I quickly talk to Nicki please?" Alex asked Aaron

I looked at Aaron pleadingly, to get him to understand that I didn't want to speak to him.

"Alright man," Aaron answered shrugged getting out.

I sighed and turned around. I wasn't exactly sure why I was so angry at him, but after what happened not too long ago, it made it worse for him.

I put my headphones back on and spun back around to face my laptop again.

I felt myself being spun back around and came face to face with Alex who was crouching to my height.

"I need to talk to you," he stated simply

"You don't say," I said taking off my headphones

"I can't go prom with you," he said getting up and turning around, so that I couldn't see your face. I instantly stood up.

"Excuse you?" I asked not exactly sure I heard right.

"I'm going prom with my girlfriend," he said, which sounded like it was being forced

"Do you know what? Go ahead, I give up on you. I didn't know that you would stoop back so low, but if you want to. Then go ahead," I complained throwing my hands up in frustration.

"I'm gonna go now," he said walking out.

"Wait, look at me and say that your not being forced or black mailed," I urged because I was actually starting to feel kind of bad.

"I'm not being forced or black mailed," he stated turning to look at me, but not into my eyes.

I stepped forwards and looked up at him properly,

"Sorry, I didn't hear you," I lied

He sighed before he said, "I'm not being forced or black mailed."

"See you around," he said hugging me suddenly, and then kissed my forehead. I held onto him.

"I'm not letting you go, you weirdo, if you wont tell me the truth," I joked, but still held onto him.

He laughed before repeating himself.

"I'll see you around," he then left.

Yep, he was definitely a weirdo.

---------------------------------------------------------------------Monday

Prom is at the end of this month and I can't wait! But now I have to find another date. I got out of bed since my human alarms didn't have any exams; they didn't bother to wake me up and went to the bathroom. I took a shower, and then went to my room to look for something to wear. Since I was going to be painting, I looked for something, that I didn't mind getting dirty, or paint on it. I decided to wear a blue vest top, my white shorts, with white suspenders (my dungarees with white shorts) and put my hair up, so that it wouldn't interfere, when I'm drawing or painting.

I went downstairs, ate breakfast and then made sure to collect all of my stationary before leaving and making my way to school. I met up with Emily, who was the only one who had an exam today, since we both did art.

---------------------------------------------------------End of the Exam

The exam was five hours long, with a lunch time but I was still exhausted. I decided to head home, since Emily was going out with Aiden. They would look so cute as a couple, but only time will tell.

All of a sudden my phone started ringing; however there was no caller ID, just a number.

"Hello?" I asked

"Hi Nicki, its Blake," Blake said

"Oh hey, what's up?" I asked getting into my car

"Nothing much, I was just wondering if you wanted to get something to eat," he suggested

"Oh that sounds good. Around what time though?" I asked

"Well, I was thinking in about thirty minutes," he replied

"Okay, I'll see you then," I said

"Wait, I'm picking you up at your house, so that you don't have to take your car," he informed me

"Alright, thanks, bye," I said happy that I wouldn't now, have to stay at home

"Bye," he said before cutting the phone.

I saved his number before putting my phone back in my pocket and putting on my seat belt.

I rushed home to get changed into my ripped jeans, blue ribbon flats and a dark blue top. Just as I grabbed my bag, I heard a honk outside.

"Coming," I shouted outside of my window, so fast that I didn't even notice Alex's car parking at the front of my house.

I ran out of the house and bashed right into someone, almost falling on my butt. I waited for the impact and pain to over come me, closing my eyes tightly. Instead I only received a chuckle and from the tingles I was getting around my waist I guessed that Alex caught me.

I opened my eyes and saw that my prediction was right, except his face was rather close to mine.

"Are you alright?" he asked smirking

"I am now that I didn't hurt myself," I said standing up straight

He left his hands lingering on my waist, as he stared into my eyes. I was trapped in his eyes, mesmerised by them, only snapping out of it when Blake horned. I shook my head as Alex did the same, looking back at who horned.

"You going out with Blake?" he asked removing his hands, still looking at Blake, which could have been mistaken as glaring.

"Yeah, you coming to see Aaron or Clair?" I asked

"Aaron. I don't want to delay your date, so I'll just go," he said walking past me into the house.

"It's not a date Alex," I shouted back at him as I walked towards Blake's car.

When I got in, as I was putting on my seat belt, I stopped when I saw Blake smirking at me.

"What?" I asked, smiling not sure why he was smirking at me

"You and Alex eh?" he asked nudging me

"Excuse you?" I said

"You guys were staring at each other for ages; I thought you'd never stop. I horned like 5 times!" he complained starting the car

"No you didn't, you exaggerator. You only horned once!" I explained

"If you say so," he said smiling as he drove to where ever we were going.

"Anyway, he's going back out with Clair," I said shrugging

"No he's not, he's smarter than that," Blake said laughing

"That's what I thought," I muttered

"But is he still going with you to prom?" he asked me

"Na, he's taking his girlfriend," I stated simply

"Great! Now I can have two girls on my arm!" he joked

"I guess your asking me then," I joked back

"Sure, I asked Sophie as well, but I'm sure she wouldn't mind if you were on my arm as well," he said

"I wouldn't mind, but I'm defiantly sure that Sophie would," I said, sure about what I was saying.

"Who cares? Were friends and friends stick together, don't they?" he asked

"Are you sure?" I asked making sure he wouldn't mind, I didn't want to be a burden.

"Sure!" he urged

"Alright, thanks," I said smiling, I had a date all over again

"That's fine," he said squeezing my shoulder

"Ow! You're too strong for your own good," I complained stroking my hurt shoulder

"Sorry," he said smirking

---------------------------------------------------------------Home

"Thanks!" I said hugging him as he walked me to my door

"Your welcome. Oh yeah what colour is your dress?" Blake asked me

"Dusty pink," I answered as he nodded and walked off to his car.

Just as I was using my key to open the door, it flung open revealing none other than Alex. I sighed as he just looked, as if he had ran.

"You okay?" I asked looking at him as if he was crazy

"Yeah....." he said gaining his breath back; he put his hand through his hair before speaking.

"About the prom...." He started

"Don't worry, I have a date," I said walking past him, in the process squeezing past his body.

"Who?" he asked pulling me back in the process causing me to bash into his body, making us stand far too close for the second time today.

I looked up at him, to see him looking at me confused

"Blake," I stated, trying to move back only for him to stop me

"But I thought he was going with Sophie," he said

"He is, but I'm going as his double date, which he's excited about," I said laughing

"Oh," was all he said

"Err, Alex?" I asked, referring to him holding me close to him

"Sorry," he said, letting me go slowly

"I need to tell you something," he said suddenly pulling me back again

"You like, pulling me into you, don't you?" I asked smiling since that's what he kept doing. He chuckled but then went serious saying,

"I kind of got-----"he was cut off by Clair's voice

"What are you doing to my boyfriend!" she screamed

"What this?" I asked throwing my arms around his neck and pretending as if I was going to kiss him. I looked at his eyes and felt he pulled me closer to him, holding my body against his by my waist.

He had the same look in his eyes as he did when we were in the swimming pool.

"I've gotta go," he said suddenly giving me a quick hug before rushing out.

"See you chased him away!" she screamed

"Oh...did I. Sorry. Not!" I said running up the stairs.

What is with Alex and what the HELL was he gonna tell me before the queen of STD's came and made noise!!!!!!!

I was kind of frustrated but at the same time tired, I had had a long day so I guess it was time to sleep. I changed into my Pj's, brushed my teeth and went to sleep.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

71K 1.2K 28
Brenna was the new girl for over a year. No one looked at her and she had no friends from her school. She has Michae, who's the only one that knows...
816K 10.9K 22
I couldn't breath. He was so close to me. "Don't worry... She's not home..." He whispered in my ear. My heart raced. My legs were ready to tremble...
408K 4.6K 32
Bell and her parents go on a holiday to a small town in California for the summer. The town only has a couple hundred people and she runs into Matt h...
75.4K 1.4K 30
(Unedited and started in 2010, beware of plot holes, terrible grammar and other misfortunes) Grace Tailor shouldn't have gone to that party on new ye...