✔ Cursed (Book One)

By OneLovee_OneDream

Catalina Harte, never the most popular girl, although beautiful was never sought out by none of the guys, not... More

Cursed
Prologue
Dreams
Book
Crimson Ball
Invitation
Faint
Chills
Lightning Love and other things
Step Down
Witness The Unseen
Angel Of Mine
(12) Hope
Warmth in the coldest days
Territorial
Racing Pulse
Untwisted Emotions
(19) Attack
What Now?
To be friends or not to be
Control your anger
Let me hold you'
Mother daughter time
Date
Sticky situation
Bickering
Red Head
Here I am
I will always be there
And She's Feisty
It was you
You are the answer

Sparks

33.3K 795 20
By OneLovee_OneDream

 Copyright © 2012 OneLove_OneDream

All Rights Reserved.

                                      ~*~*~*~

 I woke up with the smell of cheesecake lingering by my nostrils. I open my eyes and saw a piece of cheesecake on my nightstand.

Licking my lips, I grabbed the plate and devour the piece, quickly. 

I groaned, I guess I was more tired than I had thought. I slept all day. I got my phone and saw I had ten text messages and five missed calls from Chad.

Chad: You better not flake!

Chad: Why are you answering!

I rolled my eyes. For a popular guy, he sure can be annoying. Quickly, I texted him back.

‘Stop bothering me! I won’t flake!’

I placed my phone back on to the nightstand making my way towards the kitchen.  Mom was there, making breakfast with my little brother, Max.

I went over, bending down to pick up Max.

“Look! Broom, broom!” He then proceeded to show me his little monster truck. Max was a surprise. Mom and Dad didn’t expect to have another kid after me, I was there only resource. You see mom had difficulties getting pregnant, it was a wonder she was able to have me.

“Hi sweetie, you had a nice sleep?”

I placed Max down, he ran towards the living room, giggling. “Yes, but why didn’t you guys wake me up so I can eat cheesecake with all of you?” I grabbed an apple.

“well because you looked awfully tired when you came and then when we did go up to get you, you were passed out drooling.”

 I narrowed my eyes, “I do not drool.”

Her laughter ran thoughout the whole kitchen, “If you say so. So what are you plans for today?” Mom then proceeded to place some eggs on my plate and bacon on the side. I picked at the bacon, debating wheather to tell her about the ‘party.’ I knew she would try to make me go as well.

I wasn’t that anti social, but I rather be no were near much people. I had a weird fear of people gathering around me. it caused me to hyperventilate and go crazy.

“Well…”

Mom raised her delicate eyebrows, “Well what?” She sat down next to me.

“Well you know how some new people moved into town?” She smiled, of course she would know. Everything went around quick in this town.

“Yeah the one’s that moved in the old big mansion. Heavens knows why they would want to move into that house though.” She let out a shiver of fear. Like I said no one really went near that house.

“Yeah well they are having a party of some sort. Actually, its like a ball so if I want to go I need one of those fancy dresses, you know like they wore back in the dinasour years. So I was wondering if you had one?”

I smiled devilishly at her. Mom glared at me, slapping my hand playfully, “Oh yeah because I was born in that decade huh! But lucky for you I do have a dress like that.”

My smile faded. I was so hoping she didn’t have one, so I could escape with a perfect excuse not to go. But being mom, she was always prepared for everything.

“Come on! I have been waiting for this day.”

She pulled at my arm and dragged me up the stairs, “For what?” I whined trying to get away from her steal grip.

“To get my daughter ready for a party!” I groaned. I was beginning to regret this every passing minute! She pulled out a bag and delicately placed it on the bed. She then ensued to pull down the zipper revealing red fabric.

Ever so gently, taking out the gown I was mesmerized. The dress was beautiful. I was surprised at how much I liked it.

Her hand touched it gently, she touched the gems, “these are real diamonds you know. This dress has been passed throughout our whole line. Your grandma gave it to me so I can give it to you.”

I looked at the gown up and down, taking it all in. It was a deep red, a halter dress, with a black shawl. It was covered with diamonds, not completely of course. Silk was nicely embroidered on. The bottom of the dress was puffy and ruffled. Of course, the gown would have gloves accompanying. They were red as well, silk. They one diamond on each of the hands.

“I was thinking you can wear wither red or white heels, which I have.” Mom pulled out two pair of heels, after looking at each of them carefully, I chose the red ones, might as well be all red, right?

“And your hair, oh I was thinking I could do curls all around, but not those small tight curls. I would rather have you with lose curls. It would frame your face perfectly. Oh!”

She ran towards the closet again. I was to stun to talk now. I just rather her take over everything, a few minutes later, she came out with a small box.

“Of course it wouldn’t be a ball without a tiara.”

She pulled out a small tiara, simple but cute. “Can I get started with your hair? Because it will take forever!” I side glanced at the clock by their table, it read: twelve thirty.

This was going to take forever!

~~

I never in my life thought doing your hair would take so long. I never thought getting ready would take so long as a matter of fact!

Before mom had anything to do with my hair, she made me put on the dress. She said so that way I wouldn’t mess up my hair, which maybe was a good point. However, the struggle to squeeze into the dress took a while.

It was a nice dress, beautiful in fact, but it was hard to put my body into it.

It took us over thirty minutes to get me inside the dress, then after constantly complaining on how I couldn’t breathe, mom figured she had to loosen the corset.

Then she proceeded to do my hair after four hours. I had so much hair, but I knew she messed up on a few strands. Once done with my hair it took her two more hours to do my makeup, finishing just in time. The doorbell rang as soon as she placed the brush down.

“Done and just in time.”

I tried my best not to snap. I was in no mood at this moment, no mood at all. But I knew she was excited and put her all into getting me prepared.

“Let’s get this done and over,” I mumbled.

We made our way down the stairs, only to see Chad, Rachael, Katie and Dad, who was holding a sleeping Max, by the door.

“Well don’t you look stunning,” Dad cooed.

“Thank you but let’s go already, they better have food there because I have not eaten all day!” I marched myself out the house before saying I’ll be pack in no time.

We spent a good twenty minutes trying to put me inside the car, “God Catalina, you had to go all out didn’t you!” Rachael said in her playful voice.

“Hey it’s each and one of your fault. You all got Chad to do the puppy eye look on me, so shut it.”

They laughed, but I didn’t see what the funny part was so I sat in the car, in silent.

~

“Damn, they did change everything!” said Katie.

She was right. There was a fountain in the center.  Leading to the front door was a long brick walkway that branched off to the sides to enter the house at other points. The house was auburn with brown shingles and had many large windows that yellow light spilled from.

On the far right of the house is one of the three balconies. The second is right above the front door, and the third is low to the ground in between the other two. There were four towering palm trees placed in a square formation in the courtyard.

It was needleless to say gorgeous!

“Wow they totally flipped it around. I mean look at it looks breathtaking.” Chad said as we all gawked at the house, making our way inside.

Inside was so much beautiful though.

There was a colonial with a center hall staircase that branched out in both directions near the top, with a balcony type sitting area.  The staircase seemed to go up higher, maybe three stories.  There was a chandelier in the center.

I looked to the right were it seemed to be the dining room. A huge table was in the center with a chandelier and wall sconces to match.

To the left was the living room which was spacious. People were gathered around all looking somewhat awkward, but some looking as if they were having fun.

“I guess we should go in there.” We made our way into the living room. I felt slightly awkward. I felt as if I shouldn’t be here. I was about to tell Chad and the girls I was ready to leave.

“Hello.”

I was stunned as looked at the woman who stood in front of me. She was the most beautiful woman I had ever seen. She wore a bright green gown that shimmered as she glided towards us. Her brunette hair was swept on the top of her head and held in place with combs studded with diamonds and rubies. Her blue eyes sparkled.  Her smile was dazzling.

“H-Hi.” I managed to say. Unlike the others, who kept quite.

“I am Candle Fier nice of you to come to our house warming party.” She smiled at me once more.

“These are three of my brothers, John, Jackson and Austin. Trevor must be around here somewhere.” I looked over towards the three guys who loomed behind Candle. 

They were all handsome. 

John seemed to the oldest of the three. He had brown hair, his eyes were green but with a hint of blue. His features were define, his cheek bones high, full pink lips that had a smirk on them at this moment.

“Hello,” he took my hand, kissing the top.

Jackson had dark blue eyes with short black hair, slightly tan; he had a mysterious aura to himself. He smiled tightly at me.

“Enchanted,” He bowed.

Austin looked more friendly besides Candle. He had shaggy blond hair that swept over his eyes, in a stylish way. He had light blue eyes and a cute smile, “Hey.”

I then realized I was alone. Those damn friends of mine had left me. And I hadn’t introduced myself either.

“Hi,” I waved at them all shyly, “I’m Catalina Harte.” If they were being all proper I might as well be, but I was feeling a bit uncomfortable, “Well I’m going to go try and find my friends.”

I smiled, walking away politely.

After searching for them, I couldn’t find them. It didn’t help that this house was huge! It was also packed with a lot of people, some had mask, some did not. Mostly the guys did though, but I knew none of my friends had one, so I discontinued them. 

“Forget this,” I mumbled to myself, walking towards the table. I grabbed a cup and filled it with punch. I was really hoping it was not spiked with alcohol. I then decided to walk around the house, I wasn’t much a party person.  So why was I going to be standing around. No one wanted to talk to me.

I walked up the staircase, trying not to be seeing by many.

I made my way to the first door. I opened it slowly, it revealed a library.

It was a small old library, it had rows upon rows of book shelves. A small ladder at the edge of the room, seemed not to have been used in awhile. It had cobwebs all over it. In the center of the room was a desk, every paper neatly in its place.

I walked over towards the shelves, holding part of my dress with one hand as with the other I touched the spines of the books. Dust was placed on my finger, they hadn’t been opened in awhile, that much was clear.

“Candle!” a voice boomed.

I froze, my heart hammering, I didn’t recognize the voice. Dread wove through me. I was somewhere that I probably shouldn’t be. This, after all, wasn’t her home.

What if they tried to hurt me? I quickly looked around. I jerked my gaze towards the window, I saw a poker, quickly I grabbed it. I wrapped my hands around the hard iron. Footsteps grew nearer until they were right outside the room. I dashed behind the curtains, shaking.

The door creaked opened; I closed my eyes, scared. “I know you’re here, I can feel you. I suggest you come out. Now.”

I leaped out, holding the poker above my head. I saw a figure emerge from the darkness, step into light. My fingers uncurled from around the poker. It crashed to the floor with a resounding echo. The figure smiled, “Ah Catalina Harte, I have been searching for you.”

Searching for me?

Astonished, my heart almost stopped beating.  At the sight of the most gorgeous guy I had ever set my eyes on. He only looked to be a year older than me. His hair was a brown and curly, almost shoulder length. His eyes pinned me to the spot. They traveled from the tips of my toes to the top of my head.

I felt his gaze moving along my skin. His dark grey eyes met my own. I felt everything in the room fall away from my vision until all I could see as this stranger standing before me.

As though we were the only ones in the world, amusement flickered in his grey eyes.

He took my hand kissed it. When his lips touched my skin, an electric shock slithered through my body. I suppressed a gasp.

“I am Trevor Fier.”

===

Goals for this chapter. 

15 votes
5 comments
Thank you! 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2 0 34
Things have been wonky in the world, and it's not getting better anytime soon. The same can be said for the infamous Celeste. A powerful witch of her...
1.3K 61 19
"i'm scared, I'm scared that if I stay by your side for one more second I'll fall for you." THE DARE THAT RUINED HER LIFE ✓ I stare into his eyes a...
14.4K 448 26
This is a long story skip to the lemon if you want ya weirdos **slow burner with a lot of lore** A famous pure blooded young witch seems to have caug...
50.9K 2.2K 62
"Beauty can be a blessing or a...Curse. people who believe in Faith, soulmates and love are really lucky, because it's proves that they dream. They a...