The Young Gods (The Young God...

By tecoop

Edeiros awaits its new queen, but there's more than one contender for the crown. Eden Tudor is a Sentinel. As... More

•léeme // readme•
•léxico // lexicon•
•caracteres // characters•
•primera parte // part one•
•capítulo uno // chapter one•
•capítulo dos // chapter two•
•capítulo tres // chapter three•
•capítulo cuatro // chapter four•
•capítulo cinco // chapter five•
•capítulo seis // chapter six•
•capítulo siete // chapter seven•
•capítulo ocho // chapter eight•
•capítulo nueve // chapter nine•
•capítulo diez // chapter ten•
•capítulo once // chapter eleven•
•capítulo doce // chapter twelve•
•capítulo trece // chapter thirteen•
•capítulo catorce // chapter fourteen•
•capítulo quince // chapter fifteen•
•capítulo dieciséis // chapter sixteen•
•segunda parte // part two•
•capítulo diecisiete // chapter seventeen•
•capítulo dieciocho // chapter eighteen•
•capítulo diecinueve // chapter nineteen•
•capítulo veinte // chapter twenty•
UPDATE + SPINOFF NEWS

•mapa del mundo // map of the world•

195 7 7
By tecoop

CONTINENTS

Oritias

North Vesenna & South Vesenna (known collectively as the Vesennan Empire)

COUNTRIES

Altan // ownership of this land of arid steppes is often a hot topic of debate. Vesennan Emperor, His Heavenly Majesty Jiehuang, argues that it is part of his empire. The Altanese remain fiercely independent in spite of Emperor Jiehuang's claims of ownership, however; the fact that the Altanese have been free to continue their nomadic traditions is due in no small part to the Red Wastes, a deadly desert that divides them from the Vesennan Empire's Highlands. Its capital- although this word is used loosely in Altan- is Kheotgor. There is also no formal government in Altan. Instead, its many tribes are each headed by their own respective Khan, or chief.

Benevecchia // nobility and serfs alike flock to this country's capital, Terafali, just for a chance to witness the grandeur of its canals. Its summers are hot and humid, and winters hardly have any snow. It is ruled by twelve Doges who each hold power over their own city-states.

Edeiros // for over three hundred years, the Aguilar dynasty has held control in Edeiros. The seat of this dynasty resides in the capital, Migos. Mysteries circulate around the first Aguilar king, Francisco the Conqueror, and the strange power over the mortal mind that he is rumoured to have possessed. Edeiran territories include the Fermerran Islands and Tondo. It hasn't been long since Edeiros was last at war; two decades of peace are nothing compared to the fifty years Vesennans have been enemies. Citizens are wary of conflict, and even warier of those from the Far East, although King Miguel has attempted to set a good example of their neighbours across the sea.

Engana // once a territory of the Vesennan Empire, Engana was used as a place to dispose of undesirable and subversive elements. These criminals were forced to work on plantations until they died of exhaustion and starvation. It was no surprise that when the Edeirans invaded, the Enganese defected. In exchange for their aid in the war, they were awarded sovereignty by King Roderic de Aguilar. The capital of Engana is Shahiveh.

[The] Highlands // part of the Vesennan Empire, the Highlands are not actually higher in elevation than any other place. Rather, the Highlands are defined by their populace, as they are lighter, taller, and notably richer than their Lowlands counterparts. The capital of the Highlands is the Imperial Jade City of Liandao.

Leisenstracht // the largest country in Oritias by landmass, Leisenstracht is embroiled in the Hallenstadt War. Their adversary, the Solnasyskaya Federatsiya, or Solnaya, struck first in the border town of Romhalde, crossing the Spikes- or, as the area is called in Leis, die Stacheln. The Leis king, Wilhelm von Everhart, is bent on ending the war once and for all, and has turned to the Edeiran king, Miguel de Aguilar, for aid. The Leis capital is Aubernin.

[The] Lowlands // another part of the Vesennan Empire. The Lowlands have two capitals due to their large population and landmass: Dendara, governed by the Emperor's third son, Prince Huangzhi, and Tangmay.

Orten // not much is known about this icy wasteland. The people that occupy Orten are nomads, like the Altanese, and truly have no formal capital. They subsist on reindeer meat and iceberries.

Solnasyskaya Federatsiya/Solnaya // the people of this land are incredibly resilient, much to the chagrin of their neighbours to the south in Leisenstracht. Winter lasts for nearly eight months a year here; nobody's been able to conquer Solnaya for this reason. Instead, the Solnayans absorb other countries in their path, consuming everyone that stands in the way of their manifest destiny. Some Solnayans claim Vesennan ancestry, although nationalism remains at an all-time high. Solnaya's official capital, and the seat of its royal family, is Stavrodnoye.

Takawa // as one of the only nations in the world that has not felt the full brunt of conflict, Takawa is known for its still waters and quiet beauty. Its people are peaceful and insightful. Rather than let the Vesennan conquerors slaughter their children, they gave a full and unconditional surrender over five centuries ago. In return, they retain a certain degree of autonomy from the empire. Takawa is home to the esteemed Haruto Shimizu, the most famous Reader in the world, who presides over a council of Elders that govern the island nation. In his spare time, he travels the world in search of Readers to train, although he often doesn't need to go far; a disproportionate amount of Readers are born and bred in his home country. Takawa's capital changes every few years. Currently, it is Urakami.

Tondo // rich in history, Tondo is known by many to be a place where all corners of the world come together in an odd sort of harmony. Tondans claim heritage from many different countries, citing the countless occupations of their land. Tondo has two official languages: one of the many widespread dialects of its native population, Korolig, and the tongue of its conquerors, Edeiran. Tondo has been under Edeiran rule for close to three hundred years. Its capital is Muros, the walled city.

Viernoit // home to fabulous cuisine and fashions, Viernoit's capital, Roalet, is a popular vacation destination for the rich and powerful. Its ballets and opera houses attract those who have a taste for finery. Viernoit's countryside is filled with rustic grape farms and fields full of golden wheat. Their language has been deemed romantic by many a tourist.

Wilshore // the land of snows and sands hasn't always been a ward of the Edeiran monarchy. Once, Wilshore had a monarchy of its own, along with a fleet of bluebloods and plutocrats. That all changed when the last king, Robert Hanover, succumbed to insanity and abolished both the concept of nobility, as well as the monarchy, all at once. The Solnayans moved in to take advantage of the governmental and economic collapse that Wilshore was facing, and in desperation, King Robert's son turned to the only man that would listen: the newly crowned King Diego de Aguilar of Edeiros. In exchange for King Robert's granddaughters, Tamsin and Freya Hanover when they came of age, as well as wardship over the country, King Diego and his Sentinels drove back the Solnayans and brought stability back to Wilshore. A new capital was established where they earned their victory, named for the colours of the Edeiran flag and the sand that coated the battlefield: Bluesands.

BODIES OF WATER

The Emerald Sea // characteristics include bright green waters and sparkling waves. Primarily seen from Migos' harbour in Edeiros.

The Fermerran Sea // calm and good for sailing on. The Fermerran Islands- namely Sarnaga- are located on this body of water. Fun fact! The heir apparent to the Edeiran throne will have their name stylized with this region included. For example: His Majesty Don Rafael de Aguilar y Borja, Prince of Sarnaga.

Frostburn Bay // this inlet is located between Wilshore and Solnaya. It's said to be so cold that sailors are known to freeze on their ships when sailing on it.

The Oscuro Ocean // as the name implies, the Oscuro Ocean is obscured beneath a layer of fog. Sail too far into it, and you may be lost forever. The waves are said to be towering, and tales of vortexes that suck up entire armadas have circulated. These days, only the bravest or stupidest of adventurers dare to sail into that mist. Most people go the other way around. There does however, according to legend, seem to be some merit to sailing the Oscuro- a mysterious island that promises immortality is said to surface on it every century or so.

The Tverda Sea // you thought Frostburn Bay was cold? This is even colder.

Viridian Bay // the waters here are just as green, if not greener, than in the Emerald Sea. It's a center for naval trade in the Lowlands of South Vesenna.

Yaro Strait // it's so narrow that people sometimes swim across it. Sailors from the continent of Edeiros used this strait to sail around South Vesenna to get to Tondo.

HAZARDS

The Red Wastes // so named for the colour of its sand, the Red Wastes is a stretch of desert that bisects the Vesennan Highlands, severing Altan from much of the empire's control. With little water and a strange, dry heat, it seems like nothing living can make its home here.

The Spikes // the Leis call this place die Stacheln. It's a peculiar field that covers the border between Leisenstracht and Solnaya, named for the ice formations that spike out of the frozen ground. It's so cold here that none dared to cross it until the Solnayans invaded the Leis town of Romhalde, sparking the Hallenstadt War.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

8.9K 429 23
❝If you knew that your soulmate were standing right in front of you, and that no one would make your heart beat the same way, you would understand wh...
487 74 88
The world had long since been damaged. The ancient gods saw to that, when they unwittingly created the curse. Now the world crumbles while the purple...
2.4K 50 16
Tropes: Childhood friends to lovers, Soulmates, Twin Flames, she falls first but he falls harder (or is that the case . . .), you complete me, Tragi...
1.4K 298 53
Evelyn is a Chosen One, blessed by the Gods with abilities that make her stronger than the average mortal. As Princess of Myrania, she always expecte...