A Christmas Treat

By LunaCurse10_5_11

"One day of torture for five days of complete peace? It's a done deal, Mew." Mewtwo was never one to be socia... More

A Christmas Treat

134 5 5
By LunaCurse10_5_11

Mewtwo was never one to be social. He was always just in his secured cave, completely locking himself away from the world. Away from all Pokémon. Away from all humans.

He walked to his fireplace, dragging along with him a very thick blanket. He suddenly shivered when a gust of cold air flew in from an open window.

He walked towards it and peeped out, only to find a human playing with some pokémon. He pursed his lips. He hated how both creatures were so noisy, annoying and completely.. weird. Especially on the holidays.

He couldn't understand why humans would try to find decorated eggs during Easter, or why pokémon would just randomly prank each other during April.

But he wouldn't worry about risks of his hideout getting found or him getting tricked at this time of the year.

He closed the window, and making sure it's completely shut, he started walking for the fireplace again.

It was already Christmas, and he was completely sure that everyone was in their own homes with their families and friends, without a single care in the world. He doesn't have anybody, however, so he doesn't have any plans to 'celebrate'.

Using his psychic powers, he ignited a blazing fire out of thin air in his fireplace as he sat down on the couch parallel to it.

He just had the same routine, even after all these years: Just stay in front of the fireplace and try to sleep Christmas over.

He shivered and wrapped the thick blanket tighter around him. He hated the fact that it would be so cold, and that this made his fur stick out when he doesn't notice.

He'd have to brush it down everytime it does, or else he'd look like a Mewtwo-shaped Petaya berry.

He yawned, already feeling a bit drowsy. He lied down in a comfortable position, and fully covered the blanket on himself. As his eyes were about to close-

"MEEWWWTWWOOO!!!"

He groaned, and wrapped the blanket better on him, covering his head. Not her again..

A certain pink pokémon crashed through a window, completely unharmed. She had a magical sphere surrounding her, which disappeared after she crashed.

"Where are youu??"

She called out playfully, giggling. She looked around the room, trying to find her completely opposite counterpart.

"Hmmm... guess he's not here in the room.. Where could he be?" Mew said and giggled when a gust of cold wind hit her face.

Unlike her counterpart, she just loves snow. The way it's so soft and refreshing, the fact that you could do whatever you want with it, and plenty more!

Another cold breeze passed by, and this time, with snow. This landed on Mew's nose, and she sneezed.

..Even though this sometimes poofs up her fur, and chilling her to the bone. She couldn't say that she doesn't like this, it's just that it really gets to her sometimes.

With her tiny hands, she flecked it off, and just giggled.

She saw the fireplace, and immediately dashed for it, completely unaware of the being on the couch.

"Brrr.. It's so cold outside!" She said and stretched out.

She had been playing all day with the pokémon in the Tree of Beginning, and they sure did a good job in tiring her out. It was kind of sad to leave them, but she had more plans for this day with her counterpart.

But first she'd have to find him.

She looked behind her, and saw a rather big 'pillow'. She floated towards it, and poked.

Mewtwo, shocked by her sudden actions, jolted awake. He accidentally threw the blanket off, and this landed on Mew. She collided with the floor with a loud thud, and as the blanket was too heavy, she had a hard time pulling it off her.

A strong gust of wind flew from the broken window Mew crashed into, and Mewtwo shivered. He inwardly groaned at this. He'd have to fix that later.

"Gettitoffee!!"

He looked down and saw a thrashing lump in the blanket. He raised it up with ease using his psychic powers, only to reveal Mew.

"What are you doing here?" He asked coldly, with a glare.

She looked up, and for a second, she froze in shock. Mewtwo raised a non-existent eyebrow at her. "What? Is there something on my face?"

Mew snapped out of it, and burst into laughter. "Pff.. Hahaha! Oh my Arceus! Hahaha-ha!"

Mewtwo's glare instantly swapped into a look of confusion. "And why, are you laughing?" He snapped, but Mew wasn't affected.

She had her small hands clutched to her tummy, laughing to her heart's content. Mewtwo just stared. Mew managed to point at his body, and continued.

Mewtwo looked, and immediately went into action. He quickly grabbed a brush, and hastily patted his standing fur down.

"We shall speak nothing of this." He murmured, and Mew wiped a final tear out of her eye.

A few moments later, Mewtwo decided to speak up.

"What did you come here for, Mew?" He asked, patting down the last clump of fur.

"To hang out!" She replied and teleported a piece of parchment and a pen, and smiled as she started to write on it. "I already made a list on what we would do, and where we'll go! I've been preparing since last week for this, and I'm super excited!"

Mewtwo took a curious peek, and his eyes widened when he saw the word 'mistletoe'.

Mew didn't notice this, and just continued speaking rapidly. "We'll start with going to Manaphy's, since he asked for help in setting the tree for the underwater kingdom, and then go to the Legendary Realm to help Shaymin with the cooking- wait no. She already has help from Cresselia and Celebi.. Okay, so instead we'll just-"

She was cut off when Mewtwo snatched the paper from her small paws. "I will not 'hang out' with you, Mew. Now leave." He crumpled the paper, and dropped it like it was nothing. He walked towards the couch, dragging with him the blanket.

"Aww! Your no fair Mewtwo!" She said and pouted.

"Life isn't fair." He retorted, and laid down, fully covering the blanket on himself.

Mew sighed. Always so stubborn.. She thought, and grabbed the crumpled parchment, trying her best to flatten it. When she could already make out the words, she suddenly had an idea.

"Hey Mewtwo!"

She floated towards him and pulled the blanket off his head, "How about we make a deal?" She asked suggestively, smiling in hope.

He opened one eye at her, "Depends. What do I gain in this bargain?"

"I won't be bothering you for the rest of the year! How's that?" She said, and this fully got Mewtwo's attention. He sat up and properly faced her, making her float up to be equal in eye level.

"You wouldn't bother me? Not a single letter, note, or break in?" He asked, and raised a non-existent eyebrow.

"Yep!" She replied without hesitation, and raised a paw at him, "And in return, you'll do everything that I tell you to for the rest of the day, and I won't bother you till next year. Do we have a deal, Mewtwo?"

"One day of torture for five days of complete peace.." He murmured, but shook her paw anyway. "It's a done deal, Mew."

She grinned, and gripped his paw. "Great! We'll have to teleport, so hold tight!"

A pink hue surrounded the two, and before Mewtwo could even process it, they teleported.

*****

Blub. Blub. Blub.

Mewtwo blinked as he took in his surroundings. He was underwater. A school of Goldeen swam past, which was led by one Seaking. A group of Milotic gracefully glided by, along with a few Gyarados'. Mewtwo's sightseeing was cut off short when a high pitched telepathic squeal reverberated through the waters.

"Mew!"

A blue pokémon with bright blue eyes dashed towards them, and tackled Mew. She was shocked for a moment, before she squeezed back. "Manaphy! Good to see you again!"

"Likewise!"

They let go of each other, and Manaphy pulled out a suprisingly dry and small blue box from behind him. "Merry Christmas Mew! Here's a present for you! I hope you like it!"

Mew smiled and took it, slowly started to take the cover off. Mewtwo curiously took a peek to see what it was, and saw a bright blue and white striped ribbon, along with two soothe bells. Mew grabbed the ribbon, and just stared at it.

"I-Is there something wrong with it, Mew? Or do you not like my present?" He asked, fidgeting with his hands.

Mew shook her head and grinned widely at him. "No no, there's nothing wrong with it! I absolutely love it Manaphy! Thanks!" She said, and tackled him into a hug.

"Your welcome, Mew!"

Manaphy looked behind her from the hug, and saw Mewtwo just awkwardly standing there. "Oh!" He let go of the hug, and gently waved a flipper(?) at him. "Greetings, Mewtwo! I see you've decided to take part in decorating the tree!"

He shrugged in reply, "I guess so."

Manaphy's eyes suddenly widened in realization and he did a small bow. "My deepest apologies, Mewtwo. I have not prepared a present for you now for I only expected Mew here."

Mewtwo shrugged, "It's fine, Manaphy. I didn't expect one either."

Manaphy placed his arms behind his back and gave a small smile. "If it makes you better, I shall give you one when we arrive in the capital."

Mewtwo blinked. "You don't have to."

The sea prince lightly shook his head. "No, I insist."

He was about to counter, when Mew spoke to him telepathically. "Just accept it, Two-two. It's rude to deny a gift from royalty, you know?" He looked behind Manaphy, only to see Mew give him a look. At this, he gave an inward sigh.

He took a glance at Manaphy, who looked at him expectantly. He gave a small smile at the young prince. "Fine, I accept, but only by the request of Mew over there." He said and gestured behind Manaphy.

Manaphy looked back at Mew, and just saw her tying the ribbon on her tail. "Do you need help for that, Mew? I would gladly volunteer." He asked her, but she just shook her head.

"No thanks Manaphy! I've got this completely covered!" She replied, and gave a small smile at him.

He shrugged, and patiently waited for her to finish. Mewtwo, on the other hand, looked at her in utter disbelief. "I thought you weren't supposed to 'deny' royalty?" He asked her telepathically, crossing his arms.

"Deny a gift. Not deny their help." She retorted, and suck out a tongue. At this, Mewtwo rolled his eyes.

"Okay, what's with the secret signals? What am I missing out on?" Manaphy, pretending to be mad, asked, crossing his arms.

Mew giggled. "It's nothing Manaphy."

"Really now?" He asked sarcastically, raising a brow.

"Really." Mew confirmed, and gave a small smile.

The sea prince shrugged. "'It's nothing', huh? Fine... But.." He gave Mew a small wink. "Just send me an invitation for the wedding, ok?"

Mew gave him a look of disbelief. "What are you tal-"

He cut her off as he got out of the bubble, and made the circular tips of his head appendage glow brightly.

"Let us go now. Kyogre is waiting for us."

He plainly said with a small shrug and started to swim away. Mew looked behind her, only to see Mewtwo sightseeing, completely oblivious to what just happened. She rolled her eyes playfully, and tapped him to get his attention.

"Mewtwo, I think the waters look pretty too, but it's time to go! The Underwater Tree won't decorate itself, you know?" She said and giggled, and he just rolled his eyes in reply.

"I never said the waters were pretty." He countered, and crossed his arms.

"You just did!" She said, and playfully pointed at him.

"No I didn't."

"Yes you did!"

"Fine, I did, but that doesn't mean I-"

"Yes it does."

"No, it doesn't."

"Yes."

"No."

"Yes."

"No."

"Yes."

"N-"

"You two are going to be an interesting couple some day, no doubt." Manaphy cut Mewtwo off, causing Mew to scold him telepathically. He stuck out a tongue at them from afar and gestured to follow him. "But putting that aside, I think we should really go now."

Mew rolled her eyes at him playfully and looked at Mewtwo. "We should speak telepathically when we're in underwater."

He nodded at her in reply. "I know that, Mew."

She got out of the bubble, and made her own to surround herself. "It'll be easier to travel this way."

She gestured at Mewtwo, indicating him to follow her. He nodded in response, and with their psychic powers, they moved through the waters with ease.

After what felt like an hour passed by, Manaphy suddenly stopped swimming. He spoke up a few moments later. "We are here."

Mewtwo looked around, and saw nothing but darkness. "We can't see anything, Manaphy."

"Above us." He plainly said, and made the tips of his appendage glow brighter.

Mew and Mewtwo looked up, not believing it. A pine tree, as tall as two skyscrapers, loomed before them. It's long and hard branches holding thousands of gigantic leaves. And with the cold and dark waters surrounding it, it looked like a big and scary pokémon.

A few moments later, Mew decided to speak up. "Wow, Manaphy! That's one big tree! I think it's even bigger than last year's!" She complimented, and gave a thumbs up at him.

"Sure is. It took Kyogre and I a long time to find it, but I'm sure it's going to be worth it once we finish decorating it." He said and smiled proudly.

Mewtwo pursed his lips. "Which would probably take forever.."

"I know.That's why I asked Mew for help." Manaphy said and gave off a sigh.

"Well don't be blue, guys! Stay pawsitive! I'm sure we'll finish this early!" Mew said optimistically, and smiled.

"Thing is, where are the decorations, Manaphy?" Mewtwo asked, and crossed his arms.

"Kyogre said he'd deliver them here." Manaphy replied, and scratched the back of his head.

"Well then where is he?" Mew asked and looked around, trying to find any signs of the legendary.
"He should arrive at any moment now, but stall for time. Why not go around the tree to plan out the decorations, Mew and Mewtwo?"

Mew nodded excitedly and made her bubble brightly glow pink. She gestured at Mewtwo to follow her, and started to travel around the tree. Mewtwo made his own bubble glow blue before zooming after her.

Mew stopped at mid-part, and smiled. "Mew, how do we decorate the tree? We're underwater." Mewtwo asked, and floated beside her.

She turned around to face him, and gestured around. "Instead of the decorations hanging around, they get to float up! Isn't it cool?"

"Interesting.." He replied, and already started to imagine the large balloons floating around.

"Yeah, but there's only one problem."

Mewtwo raised a non-existent eyebrow at her. "What is it?"

She gave off a small chuckle. "We have to make sure that when we place them on, they won't be floating away from Kyogre's massive swimming."

The two of them looked at the tree, only to find out that it started to sway around.

"Manaaphy!" A loud voice echoes out, "I'm heere!"

Mew giggled. "I think that's him over there."

Mewtwo looked behind him, and saw what seemed like hundreds of colorful balloons approaching them.

"Got all the decorations needeeed!" Kyogre said in a sing-song tune, swimming towards them gracefully.

"About time, my friend." Manaphy replied, smiling at him.

Kyogre smiled back, and since he was already close, Mewtwo could already see what exactly he was carrying. The balloons were tied around the legendary's flippers, and he was dragging along something that seemed like a very large box.

"Wow, Kyogre! That's a lot of stuff!" Mew exclaimed, and went to him when he stopped swimming beside the tree.

"Yep, and you guys better get to work already, since this'll probably take forever."

"No we won't!" Mew countered, and untied the balloons from him using her psychic powers. "We've got Mewtwo with us! Right, Two-two?"

"I guess so." Mewtwo floated into view, and helped by taking the box from him.

Manaphy smiled and took one large balloon. "Let us all start decorating then!"

***

Part one

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

353K 12.6K 56
๐ˆ๐ ๐–๐‡๐ˆ๐‚๐‡ Ellie Sloan reunites with her older brother when her hospital merges with his jackson avery x ellie sloan (oc) season six โ” season se...
100K 4.2K 50
โฅโฅโฅ [BNHA x Fem!Reader] โ›โ›๐”ธ๐•๐• ๐•ฅ๐•™๐•– ๐•ฃ๐•š๐•”๐•™๐•–๐•ค ๐•“๐•’๐•“๐•ช, ๐•Ž๐• ๐•Ÿ'๐•ฅ ๐•ž๐•–๐•’๐•Ÿ ๐•’๐•Ÿ๐•ช๐•ฅ๐•™๐•š๐•Ÿ๐•˜, ๐”ธ๐•๐• ๐•ฅ๐•™๐•– ๐•ฃ๐•š๐•”๐•™๐•–๐•ค ๐•“๐•’๐•“๐•ช...
1M 40K 93
๐—Ÿ๐—ผ๐˜ƒ๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ด ๐—ต๐—ฒ๐—ฟ ๐˜„๐—ฎ๐˜€ ๐—น๐—ถ๐—ธ๐—ฒ ๐—ฝ๐—น๐—ฎ๐˜†๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ด ๐˜„๐—ถ๐˜๐—ต ๐—ณ๐—ถ๐—ฟ๐—ฒ, ๐—น๐˜‚๐—ฐ๐—ธ๐—ถ๐—น๐˜† ๐—ณ๐—ผ๐—ฟ ๐—ต๐—ฒ๐—ฟ, ๐—”๐—ป๐˜๐—ฎ๐—ฟ๐—ฒ๐˜€ ๐—น๐—ผ๐˜ƒ๐—ฒ ๐—ฝ๐—น๐—ฎ๐˜†๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ด ๐˜„๐—ถ๐˜๐—ต ๏ฟฝ...
1.2M 54.6K 100
Maddison Sloan starts her residency at Seattle Grace Hospital and runs into old faces and new friends. "Ugh, men are idiots." OC x OC