The White Paladin

By The_Author_Draws

*Discontinued* A Voltron reader insert / KeithXReader Future edit: Why are you guys still reading this???? I... More

~Chapter One~
~Chapter Two~
~Chapter Three~
~Chapter Four~
~Chapter Five~
~Chapter Six~
~Chapter Seven~
~Chapter Eight~
~Chapter Nine~
~Chapter Ten~
~Chapter Eleven~
~Chapter Twelve~
~Chapter Thirteen~
~Chapter Fourteen~
~Chapter Fifteen~
~Chapter Seventeen~
~Chapter Eighteen~
~Chapter Nineteen~
~Chapter Twenty~
~Chapter Twenty-One~
~Chapter Twenty-Two~
~Chapter Twenty-Three~
~Chapter Twenty-Four~
~Chapter Twenty-Five~
~Chapter Twenty-Six~
~Chapter Twenty-Seven~
~Chapter Twenty-Eight~
~Chapter Twenty-Nine~
~Chapter Thirty~
~Chapter Thirty-One~
~Chapter Thirty-Two~
~Chapter Thirty-Three~
~Chapter Thirty-Four~
~Chapter Thirty-Five~
~Chapter Thirty-Six~
~Chapter Thirty-Seven~
~Chapter Thirty-Eight~
~Chapter Thirty-Nine~
~Chapter Forty~
~Chapter Forty-One~
~Chapter Forty-Two~
~Chapter Forty-Three~
~Chapter Forty-Four~
I've...made a decision
Appreciation post
Continued Appreciation

~Chapter Sixteen~

8.7K 181 258
By The_Author_Draws

      I slowly open my eyes finding myself within one of the healing pods. It slowly opens and I grab onto the sides to brace myself. I look over finding Lance as he falls out of his pod and approaches the group of others.

     "Look we're winning!" Hunk exclaims as I stare at them in question.

     "Is there a difference between the two?" Shiro asks as they stare down at some device.

     "I think a tick is a little faster than a second." Pidge says as Lance closes in on them.

     "What are you guys doing? Having a interstellar clock race?" Lance questions and everyone turns towards him.

     "Oh Lance you ruined it...WAIT LANCE!" Hunk exclaims while wrapping his friend in a hug.

     The others turn towards me and I release an awkward laugh and smile while still clutching onto the sides of the pod with shaky legs.

     Keith walks over, extending his arms out to me. I blush as I grab his hand and he helps me down in a swift motion. Everyone crowds around Lance and I and we look to each other with tired but refreshed smiles.

     "Here, you both must be starving. Let's get you some food." Allura says while placing her hand on my shoulder.

     "Ooooo. Are you asking me on a date?" Lance says while wiggling his eyebrows.

     Allura and I look to each other and sigh before we all head off to the kitchen where Coran served Lance and I some food goo.

     Everyone starts explaining what had happened while we were passed out and I eat the last spoonful I could and passed the rest to the mice who were sitting on the table.

     "Wow...thanks you guys. But it seems like the mice did more than you." Lance says while feeding some food goo to one of the mice and looking up to Keith.

     "I punched Sendak!" Keith defends.

     "Yeah, after I apparently rose up from my coma and shot him." Lance retorts.

     "We had a bonding moment! I cradled you in my arms!" Keith says frantically while holding his arms out and I stare at him in question.

     "When did that happen?" I ask and he turns to me.

     "I did it to you too! After you fainted again!" Keith says quickly.

     "Nope don't remember, didn't happen." Lance says and Keith throws his arms up in defeat with a pout.

    I laugh a little but then hang my head down as I think about how useless I was. I got injured and I even passed out.

     "Everyone, I'm sorry for not being of much help. But thank you so much for everything you did." I say while hanging my head down and staring at my pants.

     I feel a hand on my back and I look up finding everyone looking at me and Shiro's hand there.

     "(Y/n), you helped out so much. Without you, we couldn't have succeeded." Shiro says and I smile but release a burp and look up to everyone with a red face, rivaling the red lion, and everyone laughs.

     "Well now, Pidge?" Shiro says after he stops laughing and we all turn our attention towards her.

     I look down remember the fact that she wanted to leave. It hurt me of course, but if she wants to do this alone... I'll let her.

     "Pidge, we all really appreciate what you have done today. Seriously, we wouldn't be in this position if it wasn't for you. I can't help but feel that you were meant to be part of our team, but I understand if you still want to leave." Shiro says and I turn away, not wanting to make eye contact with her.

     I hear her walk over towards me and she pauses directly in front of me. I look over to her and when our eyes meet I quickly avert my gaze.

     "My dad, used to tell me how close he was to his crew. How they were like family. And now I can understand what he was talking about." Pidge says and I look up to her again and her eyes looked watery as she looked down at me.

      "I'm going to stay here with you guys. Let's stop Zarkon, for all of our families." Pidge says while looking at the others then turning back to me

     A smile forms on my face as I jump up and envelope her in a hug. 'Please don't ever leave.' I whisper as I clutch onto her and push my face into the crook of her neck and she hugs me tighter.

     We release each other and everyone looks at us in curiosity but we just smile. Keith moves a little and holds his hand out towards Pidge.

     "Good to have you back on the team." Keith says in a soft tone and Pidge takes his hand with a smile.

     "Ok so guys what's the plan now?" Lance asks while sitting up in his chair.

     "We need to get back to the Balmera and save Shay and her people." Hunk quickly answers as I turn to him in surprise by his quick response.

     "Wow you are really hung up on this girl." Lance says as I recall what Hunk said about his and Coran's journey to the Balmera.

     "Well Lance, if there was a planet filled with innocent people being forced into labor, like the Balmera, wouldn't you want to help them too?" I say in defense for Hunk.

     "Yeah Lance! If you had seen how Zarkon treated these people and destroyed their homes, you would understand. These people have been trapped under his thumb for so long, that they don't even know what it means to be free. It's up to us to set things right! It's time to man up!" Hunk exclaims and I stare at him like a proud mom.

     "Then let's get moving! Time to go defend the universe." Shiro exclaims as we all rise from our seats.

          "Guys wait... I need to come clean about something. If I'm going to really be on the team there can't be anymore secrets....well, I can't 'man up'. I'm a girl. Well it is just a figure of speech so I could man up but I'm not really-" I grab her and stop her speech.

     "I known for quite some time, but i'm happy you shared it to the rest of us." Allura says with a smile.

     "Yeah I kind of figured." Hunk says

     "Oh yeah, me too." Keith says while putting his hand on his hips.

     "Wait we were suppose to think you were a boy?" Coran says and I turn towards Lance who looked completely dumbfounded.

     "Pidge, you owning who you are is going to make you a better paladin." Shiro says with a smile.

     "Well, I'm glad to get that off my chest. Now let's get this castle ship in the air!" Pidge yells and we all finally disperse.

     "Wait, Pidge is a girl and the castle is a ship?! How long have I been out for?!" Lance yells while chasing after us.

     Pidge and I look to each other while laughing as we head down the hallway with the others. Lance was running behind us, trying to catch up, and I remembered something. I stop in my tracks and make Pidge freeze as well. I spin around quickly as Lance was closing in on us and run up to him and jump into a hug.

     "Woah! (Y/n)?" Lance says as he grabs onto me and steadies us so we don't fall.

     "Thank you, for saving me. I'm sorry you went through all of that, but you're my hero." I say while looking up to him with a small smile and blush.

     His face flushed and he rubs the back of his neck in embarrassment. I then grab his hand and start to run with Pidge at my side and we race after the others.

     When we walked into the control room, where the others were, Allura had finished typing something into the controls and six chairs rose from the ground. All with our corresponding colors.

     There was a central unit where Shiro sat and my seat was next to his. We all went to our seats and when I sat down, I definitely had to spin in it, and when I turned I found Shiro in his chair laughing lightly as my face flares up and I giggle.

      Screens then popped up over our control panels. Allura and Coran went to their spots and started typing things into their controls. The castle began to shake soon after, and Windows around us opened revealing the beautiful scenery of the planet we'll have to leave. Allura hit one final button and the castle began to rise from the mountain it was lodged in. Into the sky we went and soon enough we were breaching the atmosphere and now floating above the planet.

     "Ok so when we get to the Balmera, what should we do? Should we just roll up and start blasting, or do we like give a public address-?" Hunk bombards us with questions.

     "Hunk calm down. And yes, I'd go with the blasting." Keith says and I spin my chair around to look at everyone and Shiro does the same.

     "It's his first big rescue mission, he's excited." Shiro says with a laugh.

     "Excited to see his new girlfriend." Pidge says teasingly while wiggling her eyebrows and I giggle.

     "She's not my girlfriend! She's just a rock I met and admire very much." Hunks voice seems to drift off as he weakly defends himself.

     "Guys, give the poor guy a break." I say while still giggling and he looks at me with a smile.

     A red light then fills the room and a screen appears, showing us a map with a red dot on it.

     "It seems to be a distress signal." Coran says with curiosity.

     "It's coming from a nearby moon. It looks like their ship lost power." Allura continues and Hunk moves in his seat.

     "Whoever it is, they can wait. Shay and her people are our first priority. We can check on them later, when we're done." Hunk says and I turn to him in disbelief.

     "The paladin code states that we must help all of those in need. We're going to check on them first." Allura says sternly and Hunk crosses his arms in a pout.

     "This is so cool! It's like we're space cops on space patrol. Coran? Do you have a siren we can turn on?" Lance says while jumping up from his chair in excitement.

     "Um no, but we can record you making the noise and broadcast it to them." Coran suggests innocently.

     I quickly spring up from my chair and run over to Lance, knocking him over. I straddle him as I cover his mouth with both of my hands.

     "No. That is NOT happening." I say and after a few seconds i realize our position and jump off of him.

     Once I stand up I dust myself off and awkwardly cough, as the others laugh.

     We approached the moon and when I looked out the window I saw our target. A small ship was lying unmoved on the surface with three people standing next to it.

     When we finally landed we all made our way out, except for Coran, and went to the ship to greet the aliens in need. There was a purple skinned man dressed like a mechanic, a girl with yellow skin and long...tentacle hair? And lastly was a small little robot, that already won over Pidge's heart.

     "It's good to see some friendly faces around here. Not many people want to be involved with anyone who's on the run from the Galra." The man says and I duck behind Hunk.

     'I don't know what it is but something doesn't feel right.' I think to myself and look up finding Hunk looking down at me and he nods.

     "You're fighting the Galra?" Keith asks suspiciously.

     "Well i'm sure Zarkon isn't quaking in his boots at us but we do what we can. My name is Rolo, this is Nyma, and our cyber unit Beezer." The man introduced them and Lance,of course, took his chance to hit up the lady and Pidge played with Beezer.

     "Was your ship damaged in a fight?" Shiro asks and I look towards the ship.

     'A fight? It doesn't look like it was in one... If it was then it must have gotten away pretty quickly to not get damaged on the outside.' I think to myself while still hiding behind Hunk, but peering around him at the aliens.

     "We've really been through it with the Galra. Parts are hard to come by, but we managed to safely land here a week ago and send a distress signal." Rolo responds back and I stare at him in suspicion.

     "Well we're happy to help. I'm princess Allura of Altea. And from now on you are no longer alone in fighting the Galra. You'll have the Paladins of Voltron by your side." Allura explains and Rolo seems to jump as she said that.

     "I'll introduce you to them. This is Shiro, Keith, Lance, Pidge, Hunk, and....where's (Y/n)?" Allura says and I poke out from behind Hunk.

     Rolo smiles at me and I tuck myself behind Hunk once again as he stands defensively in front of me.

     "Sorry about that she's very shy with strangers." Allura says with an awkward laugh and I sigh.

     "He probably doesn't believe us." Allura whispers to Shiro as I watch Pidge ride around on a panicked Beezer and Lance continuously flirt with Nyma.

     "Well it has been over 10,000 years." Keith retorts back and Allura sighs.

     "You know, Voltron? Six giant lion robots that form together making an even bigger robot that kicks some evil alien butt." Lance tried to explain while still continuously making flirtatious faces at Nyma.

     "Well would you mind if I could see....it? Him? Them?" Rolo asks and Hunk shifts a little bit making me fall against his back.

     "Why don't we start working on your ship. I'm sure that we all have places to be." Hunk says with an impatient tone and I look up to him then to Rolo and nod.

     Rolo nods and leads us to look at the damaged area. I hear Lance and Nyma still flirting and spin around towards him, as does Shiro. We both approaching him and Shiro punches his shoulder while i flick his forehead and puff out my cheeks in annoyance, making Nyma laugh even more.

     "I'm sure we have all the parts that you'll need. Hunk can get them, Coran will tell you where they are." Allura says and I turn my attention back to them as Hunk looks at her like he really didn't want to do this.

     "We'll come help. We don't want you to carry all of those heavy things by yourself." Rolo offers but Hunk holds out his arm, stopping him.

     "Um, I don't think so. You can just wait out here." Hunk sternly replies while glaring at Rolo.

     "Hunk, don't be rude." Allura scolds and I look over to Hunk in sorrow.

     "Yeah, mind your manners there are ladies here." Lance says while winking at Nyma, making her giggle.

     "Oh I'm sorry, but must I remind you what happened the last time we let our guard down? Someone let off a bomb and you almost died, Lance." Hunk retorts and Lance looks down in defeat knowing he was right.

     "Hunk's right. I'm sorry but we have to be cautious." Shiro says looking over to Rolo.

     "Hey, I get it. In a world like this you need to be careful in who you trust." Rolo says putting his hands up in defeat. He looks over towards Beezer who prints out a list of materials.

     Rolo hands the list to Hunk and I was going to go along with Hunk until Rolo grabbed my wrist. I spin around and pull my arm from his grasp and stare at him in question.

     "Woah sorry. But you're...(Y/n)...right?" Rolo asks while looking me up and down.

     I stare at him for a second in disbelief then shake my head.

     "Yes. Now if you'd excuse me i'd like to go help my friend." I say while turning around to catch up with Hunk.

     "What's with her?" I hear Nyma ask from afar then hear Lance's voice respond, but we were too far away to hear what he said.

     "(Y/n)." Hunk says my name not looking back at me.

     "Yeah?" I say while catching up to his side.

     "We can't trust them. I have a really bad feeling." He says while clenching his fist.

    "Me too Hunk. I have the same feeling." I say while touching his hand.

     He loosens his grip and looks at me and we both nod in understanding as we reach the little transporter that brings us up into the ship.

     "We should have just gone to the Balmera." Hunk says as the doors start to close and I get one last glimpse of the others before the doors shut and we begin to move upwards.

     Hey look a longer chapter! Sorry if there are any mistakes I like re-read it at like midnight last night for mistakes sooooooo 😅 but anyways I really hope you enjoy ☺️
                                   💙

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

65.6K 1.1K 43
Keith x reader (Voltron) one-shots - now re-opened, and requests are welcome! (DM me if you have any requests or comment on chapters) -
100K 3.3K 20
[COMPLETED] basically just lance, keith, hunk, pidge, shiro, allura and coran in a group chat talking about random shit disclaimer: i do not own volt...
183K 3.9K 31
Voltron: Legendary Defender One-Shots. Requests are closed! ❌Disclaimer: If I see that this content has been plagiarised, I will not hesitate to repo...
90.7K 2.8K 37
At long last, your eighteenth birthday has approached. You made a promise to yourself long ago that you would escape the ordeal of living with your n...