Dangerously In Love (MiChaeng)

By PengMi

Highest ranking: #3 in fanfiction as of 07/08/18. She ended up broken. Not sure if she's willing to let someo... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 14
This is not an update.
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
This is not an update.
Chapter 41
END.
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Twicelights

Chapter 13

9.1K 358 469
By PengMi

Mina stared at her, smiling. She examined every detail of Chaeng's face. She's pretty. How can you look so innocent while sleeping? Then unknowingly, she brushed her hands on Chaeng's hair.

"Good night Chaeyoung-a."

Dangerously In Love [Chapter 13]

Next morning, 7am.

Chaeyoung's POV.

Chaeng woke up, slowly opening her eyes due to the sunlight illuminating the room. She rubbed her eyes and stretched her arms. After a few seconds she realized she's not in her room.

Oh my gosh? Did I fall asleep here? Am I still at her house?? She got up, sitting on the couch, looking around. Confirmed that she's still at the apartment, she scratched her nape. Shoot, I did sleep here.

Then she noticed someone on the floor. She peeked and saw Mina sleeping, hugging her plush penguin.

Why is she sleeping there? Now she's lying prone on the couch, staring at Mina. What an angelic face, now this is how you start your day. She thought, smiling widely.

She stayed like that for five minutes until Mina moved. Chaeng got back to her original position as she saw Mina slowly opened her eyes. She pretended that she's still sleeping, her heart pounding hoping she wasn't caught.

Mina yawned. She got up sitting on the mattress, and looked at Chaeng who's faced is burried under the pillow. "She's still asleep?"

Phew! Good thing she didn't see me staring at her. That would've been awkward. Chaeng stretched her arms, acting like she just woke up.

"Oh? Good morning Chaeyoung-a." Mina said with a wide smile.

Are you trying to give me a heart attack this early? Chaeng blushed.

"Good morning Minari. Oh gosh, did I fall asleep here last night?" Yes Chaeyoung, bad acting skills.

"Yeah. You fell asleep while editing. I guess you were too tired. You even slept with your mouth open." Mina teases.

"What??!"

"Nah, I was just kidding." Mina chuckled.

Chaeng glared at her in a cute way. "Anyway, why did you sleep on the floor? You should've slept in your room."

"Well, I thought you might get scared waking up in the middle of the night alone. Your mom said you're such a scaredy cat." Mina replied, still teasing her.

"No I'm not! Wait, what do you mean my mom said it?"

"We talked last night. She called a couple of times, I tried to wake you up but you won't even budge so I answered it. She was worried about you."

"WHAT?! You spoke with my mom??!" Chaeng said loudly that Mina was startled. "Oh okay sorry, that was overacting." She said in a calm voice. "So what did she say?"

"She just said that they won't be able come home and worried that you'll be alone so since you're here, sleeping, she asked if you can stay for the night." Mina explained.

Mom I don't know if I should thank you for this or not. "Oh. I'm sorry, my mom just worries about me a lot. Sorry for this. You even slept uncomfortably last night." Chaeng said apologetically.

"No it's okay. I won't be able to sleep anyway if I knew you're alone so I think this turned out well."

She worries about me?? Chaeng blushed with the thought.

"And besides, it's been a while that someone stayed here overnight." Mina's expression changed, it feels sad.

Chaeng noticed and tried to change the topic. "Oh right, I need to call mom. Excuse me for a moment." She grabbed her phone and went to the kitchen. They talked for five minutes and when she got back, she saw Mina tidying up the living room.

"They'll be back by 12. Mom's going to bring some black pork meat from Jeju and cook it for lunch. Did she invite you to come over?"

"Yup. I already said yes but I don't know if I'll come or not."

"Why not?"

"I'm shy." Mina said while pouting.

You're so cute stop it!! Chaeng thought.

"Btw, do you know why your mom asked me for you to stay here aside from the fact that you're scared? She said it's because she trusts me. Like why would she even if we haven't met yet?" She narrowed her eyes looking at Chaeng. "What did you tell her?"

Uh oh. "Huh? Uhmm. Hehe. Not really that much." Chaeng scratches her head as she tries to escape the question. She's really open with her mom, like they're bestfriends. Her mom knows everything about her even her love life. She knows Chaeng likes girls and she accepts her for what she is. So basically, her mom knows that Chaeng likes Mina.

"Hmm?" Mina is not convinced.

"Well, just basic info about you. That's it. Anyway, you should come. She's really looking forward to meet you. She's been nagging about it since the day I brought you food."

"Really? Oh gosh. Your mom might be close to your friends eh? I need to buy something for her then."

"Oh don't bother. Btw, I still need to finish the presentation. Is it okay if I stay here for now and let's go to our house together later by lunch?" Chaeng asked.

"Yeah sure. Make yourself at home." Mina went to her room and came back bringing some clothes. She handed Chaeng a tshirt, shorts and a toothbrush. "Here, change first so you'll feel comfortable. I'll just prepare breakfast."

Chaeng blushed. Aigoo. You're so thoughtful. "Thank you."

Mina cooked bacon, eggs and ramyun. They ate and worked on their project.

At around 11, Chaeng's mom called, they just arrived.

"They're at the house now and mom is cooking lunch. Jeez, she's so excited to see you." Chaeng said.

"That makes me more nervous." Mina chuckled.

After 30 minutes, they finished the presentation and report. They sent a copy to Jeong for her to study. They've done their part and now they're walking towards Chaeng's home.

While walking they passed by a mini mart and fruit stand. Mina bought a basket of fruits.

"It'll be too embarassing going there empty handed." Mina insisted. Chaeng just agreed after some discussion.

Two blocks away and they passed by a diner. The ambience is really unique because of the decor, sorrounded by chimes that rings whenever the wind blows.

"Have you tried eating here?" Chaeng asked.

"Not yet. It's actually the first time I walked through this area. I didn't know there's a lot of stores and shops around here. And wow, there's even a laundromat. I walk five blocks away on the other side for my laundry. Now I know where to go."

Chaeng chuckled. "You should go out more. You're such a house person. Let's eat there sometimes, their chinese cuisine is really good. My treat."

"Jinjja? Geuraeyo." Mina replied happily.

After a few minutes they arrived. Chaeng's house is no joke. It's a two storey house with high fences and gate.

******

Mina's POV.

As they entered the gate, Mina was shocked at how huge the house is. The front yard is full of flowers and plants, more like a garden. And at the garage there are three cars parked. She was even more fascinated as they entered inside the house, it looks so clean and elegant.

Woah, I didn't know their family is this rich.

They left their shoes in the cabinet beside the main door and wore slippers then proceeded to the living room.

"Chaeyoung-a!!" Her mom greeted hugging her daughter, still wearing her apron.

"Eomma, bogoshipo!" Chaeng hugged her mom back, tightly.

Aigoo. Such a sweet kid. Mina said as she watched the two.

"So, I finally meet the famous Mina-ssi!" She walked closer to Mina and hugged her.
Oh! Gosh this is unexpected. Wait, famous?

Mina hugged her back lightly as a respect. "Glad to meet you Mrs. Son."

"Mrs. Son?" She laughed. "Don't be too formal my dear. Just call me eomonim."

Mina was taken aback a little. "Ne eomonim."

"Wow, I didn't expect you to be this georgous. I thought Chaengie was exaggerating." She said as she hold Mina's shoulders and examined her from head to toe.

Mina looked at Chaeyoung with a confused face. Son Chaeyoung, what in the world did you tell your mom??

Chaeng just wrinkled her nose cutely, acting innocent.

"Oh by the way I brought some fruits." She handed the basket.

"Aigoo, you're so thoughtful. Thank you." Mrs. Son said as she received it.

"Who do we have here?" Chaeng's dad came from the kitchen.

"Yobo, look at her, isn's she lovely?"

"Yes, so I guess this is Mina-ssi? Hi nice to meet you." Mr. Son offered a handshake and Mina took it.

("Annyeong haseyo, Twice Mina-imnida" I just suddenly thought of that sorry ^_^)

"Good noon Mr. Son." Mina greeted with a bow.

Chaeng's dad nodded to his wife in approval and winked at Chaeng. She's just speechless with her parents' actions.

"It's nice to finally meet you. Let's go, lunch is ready."

They went to the dining room. Chaeng's dad in the middle, his wife on his right, and Chaeng on the left, across her mom. Mina sat beside Chaeng. There's a lot of food on the table.

"Mom it's just the four of us eating but you've cooked a lot." Chaeng said.

"Well, of course. We have a special guest today, we can't let her starve." Her mom said and winked at Mina. She just smiled in response.

"So, I heard you're Japanese. From Kobe right?" Mr. Son said.

Daebak, I don't even have to introduce myself. She gave Chaeng a you-need-to-explain-later look. "Yes Mr. Son. I was actually born in Texas, USA then my family moved to Kobe, Japan ."

"Oh really? So you're Japanese-American. Interesting." He replied.

"Darling, we'll be going to Japan next week right?" Mrs. Son said.

"Yes, but we'll be going to Osaka though."

"Jinjja? How many days will you be there?" Chaeng asked.

"One week sweety." Her dad replied.

"That's why I'm thinking of another favor to ask." Her mom looked at Mina. "Nanny is still at the hospital and we're not certain yet when she'll come back because there's no one else in her family to look after her sister that's sick. And Jeong-hoon, Chaeng's brother, will stay at his dorm due to some school activities. We can't let our Chaeyoung alone for a week. So if it's not too much to ask, Mina-ssi, can you stay here with her until we come back?"

Chaeyoung almost spitted out her drink. "Mom!"

"What? You can't be here alone. We don't have a choice, not unless you want to stay at your aunt's place?"

Chaeng frowned.

"Your mom is right. But Mina-ssi might not be comfortable with this." Her dad added.

"No no, it's totally fine. I can stay here." Mina said.

Chaeng looked at her, surprised.

"What? We know how a scaredy cat you are. I'll be worried anyway if you're left alone."

"We're all set then! Thank you so much Mina-ssi, it's just that I really get paranoid if Chaeng is left alone. Don't worry, the fridge is full and Chaeng is a good cook, she won't starve you." Mrs. Son said happily.

"Ah guraeyo?" Mina said.

"Yes, she helps her mom in the kitchen a lot since she was a kid." Mr. Son replied.

"Really? I'm looking forward to taste your dish." Mina said looking at Chaeng.

"Aigoo, don't be. They're just exaggerating. Everyone chuckled and they continued eating.

After lunch, they chatted for a while talking about school stuff and knowing more about Mina.

"Mina-ssi, I bought you these from Jeju. Some hallabong and mandarin, and also their famous hallabong chocolate." Mrs. Son said as she handed Mina a paperbag.

"You didn't have to, but thank you Mrs. Son. I've always wanted to try this." Mina replied with a big smile on her face.

"I told you to stop calling me that. Anyway, have you gone to Jejudo?"

"Not yet. I've always wanted to go but I'm pretty busy at school."

"You should come with us next time. We always go there for a family trip." Chaeng's mom said.

"I'll be glad to." Mina replied politely.

"Aigoo. It must be so hard for you living alone and away from your family. How about we adopt her yobo?" Mrs. Son said playfully.

"Mom!!" Chaeng protested again. Her mom and Mina just laughed.

"I'll be your Korean mom. Come and visit us often okay?" She said as she laid her hand on Mina's shoulder.

"Ne, Eomonim." Then Chaeng's mom hugged her.

"I'll get going now. Thank you for the wonderful lunch. Nice meeting you." Mina said as she bid goodbye to Chaeng's parents.

"Take care my dear. See you around."

Then they left.

*******

Chaeng walked Mina back to her apartment.

"Hey, thanks for coming. I'm really sorry for my parents' behavior." Chaeng said.

"What are you sorry for? They're actually really cool. It's a pleasure to meet them." Mina replied.

"They just seem to like you a lot, specially my mom. She even offered to be your Korean Mom. Isn't that ridiculous?" Chaeng chuckled.

"She's so sweet. I'm actually touched when she said that. Now I know why you're such a sweet kid. You have amazing parents."

Chaeng smiled in response. "By the way, about next week, you don't really have to. Maybe I can stay at Sana and Dahyun's dorm."

"Oh they're living in a dorm? Together?"

"Yeah, they're from the same province and their parents chose for them to study here in Seoul since Middle school. For better education I guess."

"Really?" Mina was a bit surprised. "They must be really close."

"Yeah, like super close." Chaeng gave a meaningful smile.

"But aren't there rules in dorms? I don't think they let outsiders sleep overnight."

Chaeng scratched her head. She's right.

"I'll stay with you. I already said yes to your parents, and besides, this will be a good opportunity for us to get to know more about each other." Mina said.

Chaeng blushed. Not a bad idea eh? Thanks mom!

"You sure you're okay with it? It's like my mom just forced you to-."

"Yes Chaengie. It seems like you're the one who doesn't agree with it?"

"Huh? No, of course I like it." Chaeng covered her mouth. What the?? "I mean I like the idea of it. Knowing you more, and of course I won't be alone."

Mina laughed. "Nothing to argue then. By the way, when your mom said that you're a good cook I suddenly felt embarassed letting you eat a dull breakfast earlier."

Chaeng chuckled. Since you made it, it tastes the best for me. "It's not that bad. The egg was a bit salty but over all, it was okay."

Mina smiled. "I like how honest you are. Others would've said, 'No it actually tasted great'. It's good to hear people's criticism so you would know where you lack rather than feeding you with praises and lies."

Such an open-minded person. "Maybe they're just scared that they might offend that person." Chaeng replied.

"Right."

They're now in front of Mina's apartment.

"Go inside, it's cold." Chaeng said.

"Okay. Thanks again, I had a great time."

"Thanks as well. See you tomorrow."

Then they parted. Afternoon came, Chaeng went outside for her training while Mina finished her project for music and studied.

----------------------------------

The next day...

Mina and Chaeng went to school together as usual.
It's History class and they need to present in class about their project. Each team has a representative.

Jeong went to them, smiling. "Hi guys, how are you?"

"You seem to be in a good mood today. We're fine. You were pretty busy during the weekend but were you able to prepare for the presentation?" Mina said.

"Of course. Trust me." Jeong replied.

The other teams started and now it's their turn. Jeong reported it flawlessly and ended it with playing the video of the concert.

After all the teams were finished, the teacher evaluated each team and announced. "Good job for all of you, I can see how hard you worked for this project. But there's this team that really stood out. Kudos for Jeongyeon, Mina and Chaeyoung. Presentation, content, and all the photos and videos you inserted are very good. I'll present that to the faculty later and might include it in the competition held by department of Tourism."

The students applaused and congratulated them.

"Your team will have extra points. All three of you deserve that." The teacher added.

"Assa!" Jeong exclaimed and excitedly hugged Mina and Chaeng. But she noticed Nayeon glared at her so she released them immediately.

Mina can't believe it, they really worked hard for this. She's so thankful that as soon as Jeong released them, she hugged Chaeyoung.

"You heard that Chaengie? You're photos and videos are amazing!" Still hugging her.
Chaeng was speechless. She froze as Mina hugged her, her heart beating so fast. Her face reddened. She wasn't able to respond.

.

.

.

To be continued...

Hi guys. Thanks for reading!

Sorry, this might be a boring chapter but please continue supporting this fic. There's still a lot to happen. I'm just busy at work that I don't have time to write.

Btw, thanks for all the song recommendations for Chaeng. But I still don't know what song to use for Mina. I need your help guys. Please comment down. Thanks!!

Here's some photos of our penguin hugging our little tiger. Sorry for low quality, it's kinda hard to find pics of them hugging so...
Credits to the owner.

And here's Chaeng's mom.

Please comment and vote. Thanks!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

149K 5K 34
"I must have married you for a reason right? I refuse to let you go that easily, let's fix this." Most impressive rankings: #2 in myouimina #3 in min...
198K 8K 33
Highest Ranking is #150 in FanFiction Do not try to hide what you feel, just do what your hearts wants to do and don't forget to think about it TWICE...
1.1M 46.5K 109
❝Am I in love with you? or am I inlove with the feeling?❞ 逸ラ横グニぐロ トグ演ゑ延  18.01.08 Highest Ranking is #15 in Fanfiction ❤ Started : July 04, 2017 Ende...
50.3K 1.1K 32
Addicted to her lips and smell🐯🍓🐧 First michaeng fanfic i guess uou guys will like it. (completed ) ❤️❤️ Highest ranking MiChaeng #4 (09/02/21 M...