Enigma

Por TheAgent88

Highest Rank: #115 in Science Fiction Book 1 of the Enigma series *** In 1984, an unidentified flying object... Más

Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
More Info About Incoming Chapters
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Author's Note
Chapter 15
Not A New Chapter Or An Update
Announcement

Chapter 14

9 2 0
Por TheAgent88

Alex opened his amber eyes, and the first thing he saw was a sleeping Nina hugging his chest. He wanted to sat up, but he didn't want the risk to wake the little blonde girl. Her breathings are like the best musics the world could offer to the perceptive young man.

It has been three weeks since the 'incident' with John Levinson, or perhaps Nicholas Benjamin. In the end, Nicholas was apprehended by Alex himself and controlled his mind to confess his crimes to the police. After that, everything went back to normal.

The house has been fixed and no longer a mess. Alex and Gregory makes new adjustment to their 'product'. Nina worrying at home, but this time she had a bodyguard that Alex seem to have hired which is baffling to the little girl. Why baffling? Because Alex is not the type to trust someone so easily. He's always cautious and calculated. Just what is so special about him that he had gained Alex's trust to let him stay in their house and protect the little blonde girl? Her 'bodyguard' as Nina recalled went by the name Jake Heller. Jake was strange and unusual to the little girl. More like really weird. He was always doing his job. He doesn't even sleep or rest which is pretty damn ridiculous. A human has to sleep or rest to be efficient and alert, yet this 'Jake' doesn't have to do all this like at all.

A sound of knocking came from the white wooden door which made Alex's amber eyes moved swiftly from the sleeping Nina to the white door that shot opened. Out came a tall young man who had such an impressive build that would make a bodybuilder a run for his money. The tall young man had an unusual orange messy hair. Cold blue eyes that scanned his surroundings. A fair skin complexion. He wore a plain black shirt and a dark pants that matched with his black combat boots.

He had an imposing figure of 6.10 ft. The tall young man stood with such grace before he spoke with a firm yet calm voice, "Breakfast is ready, sir."

Jake was not just a bodyguard. Everyday, he would cook food for them, or clean the dishes, and even mopping the floor. To Alex, Jake is an all purpose tool.

"Thank you for that, Jake." Alex replied before he sighed deeply while Jake himself went outside as he closed the door, leaving Nina and Alex alone.

~~~

Holly scanned the words written on the pages of the book before her. She was sitting at her desk while reading the contents of the book on her hands. The book was all about math and it really boggled her mind.

She sighed before her head drooped slowly on the math book, "I don't even know what I don't know."

After she said that, the mid-length brown haired girl bit her lips before both of her hands formed into fists, 'No! I can't give up now. I have to be the highest so I can attend to Katie's party.'

|||

Holly slowly opened her window and the chill of the cold wind suddenly attacked her fair skinned face. She looked at the cloud-filled sky. The sky was a bit dark for today, and it seems to appear that it was about to rain.

Then, she felt her phone vibrated inside her pocket. She pulled it out before she answered the person who was calling her. It was Katie. One of Holly's friend and classmate. Also, she is one of the best flirt in the school.

"Hey, Holly! Are you free next saturday?"

"Yeah. Why? What is it?"

"I'm holding a birthday party at my house. And I was just thinking about inviting our whole classmates and friends. Drinks and hotboys will be available."

"Woah! Are you sure your parents would agree to that?"

"Actually, my parents are out of the country for a month. It's just me and my lil spoiled bro for now. Oh, come-on! It's gonna be fun."

"It does sounds fun, but-"  Whatever Holly was about to say was interrupted by Katie herself.

"Marvin will be there. Are you sure you won't come? Cuz' I'll be taking his virginity if you won't come." Katie's reply hit a mark inside Holly. She knew Katie would do it just so she would come.

"No! I'll be going. You can bet on it." After Holly said that, she quickly ended the call before she sighed in resignation, "What have I gotten myself into?"

She then dialled her father Gregory who was in Atlanta, working on his 'new project' or 'new product' as Holly had recalled. She put the the phone near her ear before she heard a lazy and tired monotonous voice on her phone.

"What is it, Holly? You do know I'm busy right now."

"Uhm, dad. Can I go Katie's party on next saturday?"

"No." His answer made her free hand formed into a fist out of disappointment and worry , "Now, we all know that Katie's party tends to get too wild for you. I don't want you hanging out with people like Katie Daxter."

"But dad. Please! Just this one time."

A deep sigh could be heard from Gregory before he speak up again, "Fine. One one condition. You will get the highest score on your math. I have seen that your grades in math have been decreasing as of late."

"Okay." Holly grumbled, "I'll do it."

|||

Alex looked at the stack of fresh riped apples before him. He was in a cheap mall called Jackstorm mall. Actually, it is the only mall in Red Valley. The other costumers around him just went with their everyday lives.

Alex took twenty apples and placed it on his cart which is filled with other food ingredients and other things that he needed.

The raven haired young man turned his cart around and was about to head to the cashier but something caught his eyes that made him scowl in disgust.

It was a mid-length black haired young woman. She seems to appear that she was on her early teens. She wore a white long-sleeved blouse, a brown pants, and a pair of black sneaker.

What caught his interest is that this said woman just stole two small apples by quickly putting the apples in her pocket while she placed a small box of powdered milk for newborn babies, and a sum of healthy fruits and vegetables on her cart. This was however unnoticed to every people in the room except for Alex. If Alex's eyes was untrained and lazy, he would have missed it.

He then made a decision inside his mind. And his plan will decide the young woman's fate. Will it be prison or get away scott-free?

Alex approached the young woman with a cat-like grace. However, this turns out to be a mistake for Alex since it made the young woman shivered at the sight of him. His piercing cold amber eyes was like looking into her very soul. It was also like analyzing her for signs of weakness, and it was waiting for her to let her guard down. The young woman was already feeling a mix of dread and fear, but she didn't show it to the young man before her. She must stay strong, but whatever courage she had went down to the lowest when the young man spoke with a firm and deep voice filled with venom.

"It seems you have such good hands, you little filthy thief."

After the young man said that, he placed a hand on her trembling shoulder which made her weakly gasp in surprise, "Now, will you give that back? Stealing is a crime, you know?"

The young woman hesitatingly nodded before she pulled out the apples inside her pocket. She slowly put them back on where they belong in the first place. The young woman was about to turn around and walk away in shame with her cart, but she was surprised when the young man suddenly toss a huge stack of dollars on her cart with his free hand.

"I hope you take good care of the child you are carrying." When the young man said that, her eyes went wide up in a mix of surprise and shock. How could this enigmatic man know of her biggest secret? They just met! And he already figured out her big secret! She didn't tell anyone of this secret, so how could he know?

"How did you know that?!" The young woman croaked out, trying to stay strong as much as possible to question a scary enigmatic stranger in front of her.

"How about you use your head for once in a while to figure that out?" The young man teased with a triumphant wicked smirk on his face which made her skin crawl but his handsome face also made her blush like a little girl who just been asked for a date by her crush, "Farewell, miss..."

"Zoey. It's Zoey." The young woman known as Zoey introduced herself. But her introduction sounder more like a whisper, but still, the young man heard it, "How about yours?"

"Alex." Alex coolly said before he held out his hand for Zoey, to which she shook it with a faint smile.

~~~

Somewhere in the street of the gritty city known as Detroit, a messy black haired young man on his early twenties was staring at a huge building before him. He had a lean and moderate build. He had a tall figure of 6.5 ft. The young man wore a black leather jacket, a black shirt, and a dark cargo pants that reached his black combat boots. He had a brown shotgun on his left hand while his right was holding a Glock.

He took a step forward and entered the building. After fifteen seconds had passed, screams of pain and gunfire could be heard coming out of the building he went to. A slaughter is coming.

Seguir leyendo

También te gustarán

Lost ✔️ Por Genius Fetus

Misterio / Suspenso

15.5K 2.9K 68
Parents disappeared. Brother disappeared. A stranger lurking in her room. An abusive and greedy aunt looking for an opportunity to do away with her...
29.1K 1.6K 70
Tabitha and her mother think they have found themselves the perfect place to live: an extremely affordable mansion in a small town far away from Tabi...
12.6K 625 16
~Completed~Ilana Bodnar knew Ari Levinson was going to break her heart. They grew up together, in a small suburb outside of NYC, two of the few Jewis...
6.7K 1K 37
❖ Interstellar pilot and ex-adventurer Alex Gallegos must keep their team safe on an icy moon as sentient storms threaten to repeat the tragedy that...