The Lost Fiend (RWBY x Male R...

By Panilith

Born into a strange world to him, (Y/n) sets out to find his place in a world that seeks to destroy him. He i... More

Prologue
Chapter 1: The Blooming Rose
Chapter 2: Welcome to Beacon
Chapter 3: The First Step or First Crash
Chapter 5: New Players and Old Pieces
Chapter 6: The Burden of The Badge of Responsibility
Chapter 7: Dealing with Jaunedice
Chapter 8: The Rebirth at Forever Fall
Chapter 9: The Reunion with The Stray Cat
Chapter 10: Nothing is Black and White Only Grey
Chapter 11: A Duo
Chapter 12: Their Best Day Ever
Chapter 13: The Unwelcome Visit To Beacon
Chapter 14: The Minor Hiccup When Painting The Town
Chapter 15: The Decline
Chapter 16: A Dance Full of Burning Passion
Chapter 17: A Dance of Love
Chapter 18: Countdown
Chapter 19: The Unbroken Cycle
Chapter 20: Love And Divide
Chapter 21: The Broken Soul
Chapter 22: More Secrets Within Shadows
Chapter 23: The Cycle Finally Ends
Chapter 24: The Rose of Our Garden
Chapter 25: Cat Reunion Plus Monkey
Chapter 26: An Old Promise
Chapter 27: Home
Chapter 28: Atalanta
Chapter 29: A Story Ends
Chapter 30: The Reunion
Chapter 31: The Original Returns
Chapter 32: Once Upon A Time
Chapter 33: Moving Forward
Chapter 34: Closure
Chapter 35: Welcome to Atlas
Chapter 36: Trust
Chapter 37: Correcting Decisions
Chapter 38: Friend or Foe
Chapter 39: A Grimm Situation
Chapter 40: The Key Part I
Chapter 41: The Key Part II

Chapter 4: Hidden Secrets of the Emerald Forest

17.7K 325 445
By Panilith

(Y/n) = Your name

(S/c) = Skin color

(H/c) = Hair color

(F/c) = Favorite color

(N/n) = Nickname

Weiss P.O.V

Me: 'Great just great! One minute I'm with that dolt, next thing I knew it she disappears and I'm surrounded by Grimm alone. Why did I have to be partnered up with her of all people." I thought to myself as I was pushed back a few feet by a Beowolf attack, this made me fall to a knee.

I wasn't just going to let these mangy mutts knock me around like a ball. I stood up and got into my stance. If I couldn't protect myself then how could I ever protect (Y/n), I need to stay strong and focus.

Me: 'Head up, shoulders back, right foot forward, not that forward. Slow your breathing, wait for the right time to strike...and now!' I thought to myself before launching forward, thrusting my rapier at the Beowolf in front of me.

But as I was getting near the Beowolf, Ruby appeared in front of it slashing it once. This completely caught me off guard and I panic, since she was in the path my attack. So right before I reach her I launch my fire attack somewhere else. I ended up launching a large trail of fire away from Ruby and towards the forest scorching the ground, the attack hit and incinerated a tree.

I was thankful my attack didn't hit the dolt, but that feeling soon faded away as Ruby was hit by the Beowolf and was sent flying to me. She knocked me back a couple of steps and she fell to her hands and knees.

Ruby: "Hey watch it!" she yelled at me as she stood up.

Why is she telling me to watch it when she suddenly appeared in front of me and was the one who bump into me! I honestly don't see what (Y/n) see in her at all, she's nothing but a nuisance.

Me: "Excuse me, you attack out of turn!. I could have killed you!" I told Ruby in annoyance.

Ruby: "You'll have to try a lot larger than that." she said to me as looked around.

We saw that we were surrounded by a pack of Beowolfs and a rather large Beowolf in front of us howling. Ruby was getting ready to continue fighting as she reloaded her weapon. That's when suddenly a tree fell down on fire, it soon dawn on me that the fire I launch a few moments ago was now turning into a forest fire. I quickly rushed over to Ruby and grabbed her hand.

Me: "We have to go" I told her as I began running away from the fire and Beowolfs.

I could hear the fire roar and the Beowolfs howl behind us, but I didn't look back and continued to run away with Ruby trailing behind me. As we came to a stop at a safe distance to the fire, I started panting by the amount of running I did.

Ruby: "What was that?! That should've been easy!" she started yelling at me.

Me: "Easy?! If we stayed we would've had to fight a pack of Beowolfs while surrounded by a blazing forest fire and the last time I check people weren't fireproof! Perhaps if you had exercised even the slightest amount of caution with the placement of your strikes, I would've have set the forest on fire!" I yelled back at her for being complete dolt.

Ruby: "What's that supposed to mean?" she scoffed and questioned me.

Me: "I'm just surprised that someone who talked so much would communicate so little during an encounter." I pointed out to Ruby as she crossed her arms.

Ruby: "Well, I'm sorry that you need my help to win a fight! I'm just fine on my own!" she retorted.

Weiss: "Well, congratulations on being the strongest child to sneak your way into Beacon, bravo." I said to her before walking away, but I stopped and looked back for a moment.

Weiss: "How do you expect work together with (Y/n) on a team when you can't communicate properly, you'll just end up getting him killed if you keep this up." I told her honestly while walking away.

I could Ruby yell out in frustration before I heard her cut down a tree with her scythe. We both began to walk away towards the Ruins.

Pyrrha P.O.V

Jaune, (Y/n), and I were walking through the forest, while I was still caring (Y/n) on my back, he was surprisingly light. As we walked through the forest, (Y/n) would use my shield to move the bushes to the side for us to walk past them. We all soon heard the sound of gunfire echo throughout the forest.

Jaune: "Did you hear that?" he said behind (Y/n) and me, I turn my head towards Jaune to speak to him.

Me: "Gunfire. It seems some of our comrades have encountered the enemy." I told Jaune, before continuing to walk forward.

(Y/n): "They should be fine, everyone trained for this after all." he said rather bluntly.

Jaune: "Umm...that pretty harsh (Y/n), shouldn't we help them?" he said to (Y/n) rather surprised.

(Y/n): "Jaune listen, I know that I sound extremely cold-hearted, but here's the facts. I lived in the one of the worse places in Vacuo, that type of place where if you can't do something yourself than you're good as dead. But what I learned an important rule about this world and that's  "only the strongest survive" and with that mentality whatever decision someone makes, then they need to see it though themselves. Oh you can put me down now Pyrrha." he said to me, which I lifted him down. He got off me and started to stretch his arms before looking at Jaune.

(Y/n): "See that rule also applies with Huntsman and Huntresses, this type of job is extremely dangerous. It's not happy smiles and warm sunshine. It's a job where if you can't keep up, than there's a good chance you can die. But people still do it. You know why? Because they know the risks and still take them so they can protect their love ones or money or fame, whatever the reason." He said to Jaune, who was looking down depressed. That's when I saw (Y/n) sigh before walked over to him and placed his hand on his shoulder

(Y/n): "Buuuut even I have to emit that some Huntsman and Huntresses are rather friendly and kind, that and this job also has its awards. Like the smile of kids when they see you, the gratitude from people when you save them, and so much more. Just...just know that the world isn't always sunshine and rainbows 'kay?" he said to Jaune with a chuckle

I saw Jaune looked down to him with a small smile, before it turned into a grin.

Jaune: "It's funny, here I am getting cheered up and motivated by someone who's more reckless and smaller than me." he said while letting out a small laugh.

I saw (Y/n) take a step back in surprised.

(Y/n): "I'm not that short! It's just that...um...you're freakishly tall! Yeah that's it!" he yelled while pointing his finger at Jaune before walking towards my direction.

I saw a victories smirk on his face as he passed me and I followed behind him with Jaune following me.

We continued to walked through the forest and bushes, (Y/n) lifted a branch out of the way and I pushed the branch away to the side. Suddenly I heard a loud smack behind me, followed by a cry of pain. (Y/n) and me looked back to see Jaune on the ground rubbing his head.

Me: "Jaune! I'm sorry." I apologized to him

Jaune: "Heh. It's okay. Just a scratch." he said to me.

(Y/n) and I walked over to Jaune, I was confused on how Jaune got a cut on his face.

Me: "Why didn't you activate your aura?" I asked Jaune in confusion.

Jaune: "Huh?" he replied not understanding what I said.

(Y/n): "Your aura Jaune." (Y/n) tried to point out to Jaune

Jaune: "Gesundheit." he said to (Y/n) thinking he sneezed.

(Y/n) and I both took a glance at one another, we both could tell that Jaune may not know what aura is?

Pyrrha: "Jaune, do you know what aura is?" I asked him smiling, all while (Y/n) was trying hard not to laugh by looking away. Jaune only scoffed at me.

Jaune: "Of course I do...Do you two know what aura is?" he said trying to show that he didn't know what aura meant. But I decided to not point it out and just explain it to him.

Me: "Aura is the manifestation of our soul. It bears or burden and shields our hearts. Have you ever felt like you were being watched without knowing that someone was there?" I asked Jaune.

Jaune: "Uh yeah. How about you (Y/n)?" he asked (Y/n) who was rubbing his chin while thinking.

(Y/n): "As a matter of fact yeah. Literally yesterday when I was in the city doing something, I felt someone watching at me. Maybe someone wants to kill me!" he said to Jaune with dark look on his face.

Jaune face went pale before (Y/n) bursted out laughing while pointing at Jaune face.

(Y/n): "Ahahaha the look on your face is priceless Jaune. I highly doubt they wanted to kill me...unless it was a certain metal man with a huge ego...nah. If anything it most likely was a certain girl with shades I know." he said to us holding himself while shivering with a nervous look on his face.

Jaune and I looked at each other with a look of confusion because we don't know why (Y/n) would looked a little scared of a girl with shades. Since he single-handedly fought a Deathstalker on purpose without hesitation.

Me: "Why would she be watching you (Y/n) and why do you look scared of her." I asked him making him snap back to reality.

(Y/n): "Ha me scared? As if I would be scared of a human! But...she's...s-she's so persistent on trying to make her p-play thing. S-She watches me like a hawk, she sneaks up on me and squeezes me into a hug, she follows me, and she even broke into my room." he said to us in a stuttering mess.

Jaune: "T-That's crazy! Why not tell her to back off or try to stop her!" he said to (Y/n), while I nodded in agreement. But (Y/n) only shook his head furiously.

(Y/n): "I c-can't. She's part of big sis Bun Bun team and she said that I needed to get along with her team or her feelings will be hurt. She said that I need to get used to her team so we can actually go on missions together, I-I just nervous around t-that person." he told us in defeat.

Jaune: "I feel sorry for you (Y/n). Hey I know! When we finish the initiation and start school. Then I'll help out!" Jaune said to (Y/n) will a look of determination on his face.

(Y/n): "Really!? Jaune I forgive you for ditching me yesterday and for being a flirt. You have no idea how thankful I am!" he said to Jaune with a look of relief.

They proceeded to fist bump and I chuckled on how childish these two were with each other. They continued to talked and plan with each other about the girl in shades, but Jaune seemed to remember something.

Jaune: "Oh right! So what's the big deal about aura anyway?" he asked me

Me: "With practice, our aura can be our shield. Everyone has it. Even animals." I told him.

Jaune: "What about monsters?" Jaune asked me.

Me: "No, the monsters we fight lack a soul. They are Creatures of Grimm. The manifestation of anonymity. They are the darkness and we are the light." I told Jaune making him smile, but for some reason (Y/n) seemed to frown and look down to the ground.

Jaune: "Right. That's why we fight them." he said proudly.

(Y/n): "Wrong." (Y/n) suddenly said making Jaune and I to look at him.

(Y/n): "People don't fight Grimm just because we're "good" and their "evil". No, it's like I said before. Only the strongest survive. See the Grimm has a nasty habit of wanting to kill people, they tend to ignore animal and only kill them over territory. Grimm mainly attack people. It's not a fight of "good" vs "evil", it's a fight for survival." he told us without looking up to us.

Jaune looked to me for confirmation, which I nodded.

Me: "He's right. It is a fight for survival. It's not about why, it's about survival and knowing. Understanding both dark and light helps us manifest our aura. Everyone has some of both. By baring your soul outward as a force you can deflect harm. All of our tools and equipment are conduits for aura. You project yourself and your soul with fighting." I told Jaune, he closed his eyes and began to process all the information I gave him.

Jaune: "It's like a forcefield!" he yelled out in excitement.

(Y/n) and I looked at each other and we both smiled before looking at Jaune.

Me: "Yes, if you wanna look at it that way."

Suddenly Jaune stop talking then looked over to (Y/n) scanning him.

Jaune: "Hey wait a minute, if it's like a forcefield, then how come (Y/n) cloths are all torn up like it he didn't have it." he asked in confusion.

This shocked me, I looked over to (Y/n) to see that not only his cloak was torn up, but if you look closer than you could see that underneath his cloak that his clothes were even torn apart and having several holes in them. I was surprised by this and looked at (Y/n) face to see him stiff up. He seemed shocked for a few seconds before he suddenly relaxed and chuckled.

(Y/n): "Well Jaune, I'm a good example of what happens when your not careful. You see if you take too much damage, your aura won't be able to handle it anymore and it'll deplete. As you can see, my aura depleted, so i'm vulnerable right now." he said to Jaune who nodded to this information.

But when I looked over to (Y/n), I felt like he lied about something, if he didn't then why would he stiff up when Jaune pointed out on how his clothes were torn. But I plan to ask him another time, there must be a reason why he didn't want to tell us now.  So I decided to walk to Jaune to unlock his aura.

Third Person P.O.V

(On the cliffside of Beacon Cliff)

Professor Ozpin and Professor Goodwitch has been observing all the students to see how they were holding up. Professor Goodwitch just finished watching the last pair of students formed a team and began walking to Professor Ozpin by the cliffside to inform him.

Professor Goodwitch: "Our last pair has been formed, sir. Nora Valkyrie and Lie Ren. Poor boy. I can't possibly imagine those two getting along." she said to Professor Ozpin honestly, while switching the camera on her scroll.

Professor Goodwitch: "Still, he's  probably better off than Ms. Nikos." she said to him, catching his interest.

Professor Ozpin: "Hmm?" he hummed questionly to what she meant.

Professor Goodwitch: "I don't care what his transcripts say, that Jaune fellow is not ready for this level of combat. If only he wasn't part of these year class, then (Y/n) would've have been partnered up with Ms. Nikos. Those two would've have made a effective and dangerous team together, sadly this years number were uneven. It appears (Y/n) won't be on a team." she said to Professor Ozpin who chuckled.

Professor Ozpin: "Like last time." he said shaking his head smiling, all while Professor Goodwitch sighed.

Professor Goodwitch: "It appears history likes to repeat itself with that boy doesn't it?" she questioned (Y/n) luck.

Professor Ozpin: "Yes...sadly that is the case with him most of the time. But hopefully his luck change this time around for his and Cara sake." he said sadly remember what happened to (Y/n) last time. Professor Goodwitch looked away sadly before responding.

Professor Goodwitch: "I guess we'll find out soon enough and hopefully things will be different. Anyway at the students current pace, they all should reach the temple within just a few minutes. Speaking of which, what did you use as relics this year?...Professor Ozpin?" she questioned him, only for him to remain silent.

Professor Ozpin was observing Ruby and Weiss remaining in the same place for the past few minutes. He noticed that ever since those two partnered up they've been bickering no stop. He hoped that they would put their differences aside and work together, sadly that wasn't the case.

Professor Ozpin: "Hmm..." he hummed sadly while watching Ruby and Weiss still in the same place.

(Somewhere in the Emerald Forest)

Weiss was currently walking back and forth in the forest debating on which way the ruins were at, all while was Ruby sitting on the ground borely playing with leafs.

Weiss: "It's definitely this way. I mean...this way! It's definitely this way." she said  walking off in one direction.

But she ended up walking back to an annoyed Ruby glaring at Weiss, before throwing down the leaf she had in her hand and standing up.

Weiss: "Alright, it's official, we passed it!" she said to Ruby.

Ruby: "Why can't you just admit that you have no idea where we're going?" she questioned Weiss as she crossed her arms annoyed since they haven't made any progress in the last few minutes.

Weiss: "Because I know exactly where we're going! We're going to...the Forest Temple!" she said to Ruby before placing her hands on her hips and looking down, while sighing.

Weiss: "If only I found (Y/n) beforehand, he would've found the temple in not time. He's probably looking for me or Pyrrha right now, if he hasn't found a partner yet." she said to herself, but Ruby heard her and growled annoyed.

Ruby: 'Why does she think (Y/n) would be looking for her, if he's looking for anyone it'll be me. Who is she coming out of nowhere and start trying to take (Y/n) away from me, he has a closer relationship with me compared to her! I bet she doesn't know a thing about him personally.' Ruby thought to herself jealousy as she began to glare at Weiss.

Weiss: "He's probably worried sick about me or maybe he got hurt. Oh no, how am I supposed to keep my promise to him if I can't find the Forest Temple, where could it be!" she said to herself out loud.

Ruby was now extremely frustrated. Up until this point everything was going great, she reunited with her best friend and get to go to Beacon with him and her sister and now this happens.

Ruby: 'I just about had it! First, I was forced to partner up with someone. Second I had to partnered with someone who's bossy and is trying to steal my best friend away from me. Third we're now lost. And forth, now Weiss is talking like she knows everything about (Y/n).' she thought to herself in annoyance.

She let out a annoyed groan, which Weiss heard and assume it was about them not knowing where they were at.

Weiss: "Oh, stop! You don't know where we are either!" she said to the mad Ruby.

Ruby: "Well at least I'm not pretending like I know everything!" Ruby snapped back at Weiss.

Weiss was surprised by how angry Ruby was, but this didn't stop her from yelling back.

Weiss: "What is that supposed to mean?!" she yelled back to Ruby.

Ruby: "It means you're a big stupid jerk and I hate you! Here you are talking like you know everything about (Y/n) and what he's thinking about, but you don't! I know more about (Y/n) than you'll ever will. But now here you are trying to steal my best friend away from me and I fed up with it!" she yelled at Weiss.

Weiss was shocked to what Ruby said to her, but soon a smirk grew on Weiss's face as she looked at Ruby.

Weiss: "I get it now." she said to the upset Ruby, confusing her.

Ruby: "Get what?!" she said annoyed.

Weiss: "You're jealous." she pointed out to Ruby.

Ruby: "Pssh! Me jealous? Of what?" she asked confused and annoyed.

Weiss: "You're obviously jealous that me and (Y/n) getting along perfectly together and that we're more closer than you and him will ever be." she stated to Ruby.

Ruby stood silent for a few seconds before letting out a laugh.

Ruby: "Ha! As if you'll get closer to (Y/n), I'm his best friend! You can't beat that!" Ruby said with a smile on her face, but Weiss was looking at Ruby like she was a idiot.

Weiss: "You really are a dolt aren't you! I'm not trying to be his best friend." she stated while crossing her arms and smirking at the even more confused Ruby.

Ruby was even more confused than ever, if Weiss wasn't trying to become (Y/n) best friend than what was she trying to do.  

Ruby: "If you're not trying to become his best friend than what are you trying to do with him?" she questioned Weiss.

Weiss: "Isn't it obvious? I'm trying to become his girlfriend and him as my boyfriend." she stated proudly to Ruby with her hands on her hips.

Ruby: "But...But isn't (Y/n) already friends with other girls too?" she questioned Weiss, who looked at Ruby with annoyed look.

Weiss: "Ugh! I was worried for nothing! If you don't even understand what I mean, than I don't have to worry about you as competition. So do me a favor and just keep moving." she said to Ruby in annoyance, making Ruby upset with her attitude.

Weiss began to walked away quickly and Ruby followed behind her slowly while trying to imitate her.

Ruby: "Oh, just keep moving! Hurry up! Wah, watch where you're going! Why are you so bossy?" she asked Weiss while placing her hands on her hips.

Weiss: "I'm not bossy! Don't you say things like that." she ordered Ruby as she quickly turned around and walked to her.

Ruby: "Stop treating me like a kid!" she demanded Weiss.

Weiss: "Stop acting like a kid than!" she retorted to Ruby.

Ruby: "Well stop acting like you're perfect!" she said to Weiss.

Weiss: "I'm not perfect! Not yet. But I'm still leagues better than you. So do us both a favor and don't get in my way when I get together with (Y/n)." she stated while smiling before walking away from Ruby.

Ruby: "You don't even know me..." she said sadly to no one.

Ruby: '(Y/n) wouldn't ditch me for Weiss...right? We been through so much together. (Y/n) how did you become friends with someone...like her?' she thought to herself before slowly following behind Weiss.

(At the Forest Temple)

Blake and Yang were partnered up and made it to the outskirts Forest Temple. They stood upon a hill near the Forest Temple and looked down to it. Yang looked to Blake.

Yang: "Think this is it?" she asked Blake who only looked at her, not answering the stupid question, and continued to walk down to the Forest temple.

They walked both proceeded to walk into the Ruins of the temple and looked around. They both notice several pedestals in the ruins with either white or black chess pieces. Blake went up to section with the black pieces while Yang walked up to the white pieces.

Blake: "Chess pieces?" she said in confusion.

Yang: "Some of them are missing. Looks like weren't the first ones here." she informed Blake.

Blake: "Well...I guess we should pick one." she told Yang who was examining the white knight piece.

Yang: "Hmm...How about a cute little pony?" she cheerfully asked Blake while lifting the piece up high into the air.

Blake: "Sure." she said rolling her eyes to how childish her partner was, but she smiled.

Yang: "That wasn't too hard." she told Blake as they both walked to the center of the ruins.

Blake: "Well, it's not like this place is very difficult to find." she told Yang, they both smiled to each other.

Soon Yang's smile turned serious for a moment catching Blake off-guard to the sudden mood change her partner was having.

Yang: "Alright, Blake i'm going to ask you about something serious and I want you to answer me honestly ok?" she told Blake, who was a little nervous but nodded her head.

Yang: "What is your relationship with (Y/n)? Are you two like a thing or something? I'm asking because I saw that you two were sitting together talking like you two were close or something?" she asked Blake surprising her.

Blake only looked at Yang in confusion, it was a odd question to ask in the middle of the initiation. But the look that Yang had in her eyes told Blake that she wasn't going to stop asking if she didn't answer. So Blake decided to answer Yang honestly.

Blake: "To be honest, I just met (Y/n) yesterday morning at a bookstore, we're acquaintances at most." she said to Yang, who let out a sigh of relief, confusing Blake.

Yang: "Oh thank goodness! I was worried that you had a thing for him, I didn't want my baby sis having any competition." she told Blake.

Blake: "So I'm guessing that Ruby likes (Y/n)?" she said to the now cheerful Yang.

Yang: "Likes? That's a understatement! Ruby absolutely loves (Y/n)! You should see Ruby back home. Whenever Ruby talks about him, she's always talks about how amazing he is. Also ever since they met up again a few weeks ago, Ruby always message him on her scroll until she falls asleep at night. But the most obvious clue that I have that tells me that she likes him is when she falls asleep messaging him!" Yang was excitly telling Blake.

Blake: "What does she do in her sleep to make you think she likes him?" she asked Yang curiously.

Yang: "She hugs her pillow and start to become a giggling mess! She always mumbles his name and sometimes mumbles about cookies. My baby sister is crushing on him hard." she said to Blake making her smile.

Blake: "Wow Yang, i'm surprised that you're so invested in your little sisters love life." she said to Yang honestly.

Yang: "Of course I am. You have no idea how huge this is! This is Ruby's first crush and he already got the approval of my dad. MY DAD! He's always trying to make sure that we don't get any boyfriends until we were "grown-up" and he already meet (Y/n) at our uncle's house and he likes him...But there is one problem." she said crossing her arms while looking down with her eyes closed.

This confused Blake, as far as she could tell, there isn't any problem. Sure she personally thinks (Y/n) personal ideals about how to achieve equality is far to similar to a certain red hair man. But besides that, (Y/n) seemed like an ok guy. She thought Ruby was a bit too innocent and naive, but she means well. But other than that she doesn't really see a problem.

Blake: "What kind of problem?" she asked Yang curiously.

Yang: "Ruby's...completely oblivious to her own feelings to (Y/n)." she said as she looked to Blake.

Yang: "She doesn't understand romantic relationships at all, the most she understands is that there are people who are your friends with and people who are not your friends. But she also doesn't understand how marriage works either, she only thinks that moms and dads just live together and take care of kids." she said to Blake surprising her.

Blake: "So your parents never explain how any of these really works to Ruby?" she question Yang.

Yang: "...Nope! Dad thought Ruby was to innocent to learn about stuff like the birds and the bees. But it's not like he's the best person to talk to when it comes to stuff like that anyway." she said to Blake.

Blake: "Your family is...unique." Blake said while chuckling.

Yang: "You have no idea!" she told Blake while laughing.

(Somewhere near a cave)

Elsewhere in the Emerald forest, Pyrrha, Jaune, and (Y/n) stand in front of a cave entrance. The side of the cave had ancient drawings on people fighting a giant scorpion, but none of the three took it to account. Jaune stood there just looking into the cave, while Pyrrha had her weapon at the ready in her hand. But (Y/n) was standing behind Pyrrha holding her sash and not willing to look at the cave.

Jaune: "Think this it it?" he asked Pyrrha and (Y/n) on their opinion.

(Y/n): "N-No! A-Absolutely not! T-There are no tracks leading into the cave, indicating that no one beside us has came here. B-Besides this is a cave n-not a f-forest temple!" he stuttered out.

Pyrrha looked back to (Y/n) worryingly, she sees (Y/n) trembling and with the look of absolute terror whenever his eyes glanced to the cave entrance. (Y/n) was holding onto Pyrrha's sash like his life depended on it. Jaune on the other hand didn't notice this and enthusiastically raised his fist into the air.

Jaune: "Yeah! That just means we're the first ones here! And sure they said the forest temple, but the temple could've been hidden and we were the first one's to find it." he said while wandering off to a nearby bush to gather resources to make a torch.

Pyrrha turned to (Y/n) and placed her hand on his shoulder. She looked down to him, but he would just stare at the ground.

Pyrrha: "(Y/n)? Are you not well? You seemed scared?" she asked (Y/n), expecting him to deny being scared, but to her surprise he nodded his head.

Pyrrha: "Do you wish to speak about it? If you need to ask someone to lend a ear, there is no shame in doing so." she said to (Y/n).

(Y/n): "I...I don't know why...But whenever I look at a cave or go in one, my head start to hurt. I start to hear so many voices, I hear yelling, I see...s-sorry I can't say any-" he tried to say to Pyrrha, but she only pulled (Y/n) into a hug and began rubbing his head. (Y/n) didn't resist.

Pyrrha: "All is well (Y/n). We all have our own fears we must face. There is no need to force yourself to speak, wait until your ready to face your fears. Just know you have friends by your side to help you. You may remain outside until Jaune and I return, is that fine with you?" she asked (Y/n), who only nodded as he buried himself into the hug Pyrrha gave him.

(Y/n): "Thank you Pyrrha. I feel better now." he said as he pulled away from her hug smiling at her, which she returned the smile.

Jaune shortly return after the moment (Y/n) and Pyrrha shared, with a torch in hand. They then proceeded to go into the cave without (Y/n) who remain outside of the cave.

(Y/n) P.O.V

I can't believe I just showed weakness in front of them, I should've just sucked it up. But as I glaced at the entrance of the cave for a moment, I felt a wave of dread hit my body. I saw dark humanoid figures with different variety of weapons emerge from the darkness within the cave, they were making that horrible screeching of a battlecry. They were pointing all their weapons towards me and I felt my body begin to ache and tremble. I quickly turned away from the cave entrance and turned my attention to the drawings that were on the far side of the cliff wall near the cave.

The drawing were interesting to say in the least, I enjoyed the drawing of the Grimm, but I hated the human drawings. But after looking around I soon notice something carved into the wall. When I went to get a closer, I saw multiple names. At first I was going to just shrug it off and look for something else to do until I notice a certain name. "Qrow Branwen" was carved into the wall, I began to chuckle to myself. To think I ended up in the same place that drunk pervert was at during his initiation, I began to examine the other name's to see who Qrow partnered up with. Underneath Qrow's name, I saw "Taiyang Xiao Long" carved in and I started to Laugh. Qrow and Tai were partnered up. Those two weren't the best of friends from all the times I was with them. I was almost certain the were kinda friends, but mostly enemies to one another. I looked at both their names and had a feeling of annoyance, disgust, but joy overcame both.

I decided to look at the remaining names, one of the names caught my attention. That name I saw was "Summer Rose" carved into the wall. I had a strange case of Deja Vu, I felt like I knew that name for somewhere, but I couldn't remember. Funny, I felt a strange sense of happiness and sorrow when I read that name. I quickly shock my head to this, knowing that I haven't met a "Summer Rose" in my life. So I looked under her name to see another name. The name carved into the wall underneath Summer Rose was "Raven Branwen".

I was in complete shock, I had no clue that Qrow had a sister. His sister's name was Raven and if he's name is Qrow, both of them were named after birds, I began to chuckle to myself thinking that maybe their dad was named Falcon or Hawk. I going to ask Qrow about this the next time I see him. But for now I gently ran my finger over the letters carved into the wall, feeling a sense of happiness.

I began to stand up and look at all four of the names carved into the wall and smiled, but right before I could walk away I saw one last name carved into the wall. It was a few feet away from the other names. So I decided to walk down to it to take a look at it. I thought that maybe it was Miss Goodwitch name, but once my eyes landed on it I was in complete confusion. It was another person named (Y/n) carved into the wall. It kinda looked like my handwriting, but it was a bit sloppy compared to my handwriting. I was planning to carve my name in, but I felt like it would be a little strange if another person with the same name was on the wall already.

?????: "Hey (Y/n)? What are you doing down here all alone? Don't you want to come along with us?" I heard a female voice shyly ask me from behind.

I quickly looked behind me, making my (F/c) cloak lift into the air. When I looked for the person who suddenly spoke up, but there was no one there. I felt confused for a moment. I swore I heard someone talk to me, maybe I was finally losing my mind due to all of Professor Port stories. I decided that I should go back to the entrance of the cave and secure the area it. But right before I left, I quickly looked back to the wall with the names, I smiled and began walking back to the entrance.

(Y/n): 'Hey Cara? Do you know who's voice that was?' I tried to say to her in my head.

But there was no response.

(Y/n): "Great! This is perfect! I'm alone and bored. I wonder how Weiss and Ruby are doing. I almost certain Ruby is  going to try and fight as many Grimm as she can, that's just how she is." I said to myself chucking to how eager Ruby was for a fight.

(Y/n): "Let's see...I never really got to talk with Weiss much when we were little, and she grew up, so she may have changed mentally. But since I seen my fair share of fighters, I feel like Weiss can handle herself by the way she carries herself. I get the feeling of a nimble fighter from her with her Rapier." I mumbled to myself thinking about what kind of fighter Weiss was.

I always had the habit of examining people to see what kind of fighter they were on the off chance that I had to fight them. You can never be too careful in the world. One minute you're friends, next thing you know it you're trying to kill on another.

I began to pinch the bridge of my nose while letting out a sigh of annoyance.

(Y/n): "Bun Bun would scold me if she heard me. She never liked the fact that I examine people in case I would fight them. She said that it wasn't a nice thing to do." I said to myself

(Y/n): "I hope that Ruby and Weiss get along with on another, it would be awkward to hang out with them if they hate each other...nah I think they'll be great friends." I said to myself waving off the idea of them not liking each other.

I jump onto a boulder that was probably twenty or thirty feet away from the cave entrance. I just sat there with my arms and legs cross, waiting for Pyrrha and Jaune to to finish up there search in the cave. But another sudden feeling of Deja Vu hit me, I think I did something similar to this a few years ago...I think.

Third Person P.O.V

While (Y/n) sat on top of a boulder, Jaune and Pyrrha wander inside the cave with Jaune leading the way with torch in head. They walked for a few minutes, with every step they took their gear would would make noise mading a small echo. Pyrrha was walking behind Jaune with her weapon out, but with every passing second, she started to doubt that the forest temple was in the cave.

Pyrrha: "I'm not sure this is it...I believe that (Y/n) was correct about this not being the forest temple."  she stated to Jaune who sighed sadly.

Jaune: "Pyrrha, I made the torch. Could you at least humor me for maybe five more feet before we go back outside. I have a sneaking feeling that I should expect a "I told you so" from (Y/n) when we get outside." he said sadly before tripping over a rock.

Jaune landed face first onto the cold ground of the cave and by putting salt to injury , he drop the torch in a small puddle of water. This made their only light source to become extinguish, now they were in the cave surrounded by darkness.

Jaune began to slowly get up while groaning in pain. While Jaune did this Pyrrha felt a sudden feeling of warmth in the cold cave.

Pyrrha: "Do you feel that?" she asked Jaune curiously.

Jaune: "Soul crushing regret? Wow I sounded like (Y/n) there for a second." he said back to Pyrrha.

Pyrrha: "No, it's...warm." she stated to Jaune.

Jaune: "Yeah well, we did just had a torch keeping us warm. I think you're still feeling the warm fire. Anyway let's keep going." he said to Pyrrha before walking forward.

Pyrrha was a bit worried about continuing forward instead of going back to (Y/n), but she was Jaune's partner. So that means she should just go along with Jaune for a few more feet before making hm turn back.

As they slowly walked deeper into the cave making sure to watch their step, they soon saw a small source of light. They continued forward and the light would get larger and larger. They soon stood in front of a strange glowing object that was floating in the air. Immediately Jaune face lit up in excitement.

Jaune: "That's the relic! Aw man I can't wait to see the look of (Y/n) face when we show him this!" he said to Pyrrha full of excitement.

Jaune reached out his arm to grab the "relic", only for it to move away from him right before he manage to grab it. Pyrrha began to grow suspicious of the so called "relic" that Jaune found.

Jaune: "Hey! Bad Relic!" he said to the "relic" before trying to grab it. Managing to grab ahold of it.

Jaune: "Gotcha!" he cheered as he began to dangle from holding the relic.

Pyrrha: "Jaune..." she said while watching in horror to what was lurking in the shadows.

Jaune soon began to notice that something else began to glow in the darkness. Reddish-orange outlines and eyes began to glow in the darkness in the cave. Jaune soon realized that he was not holding onto the relic, but the stinger of a Deathstalker. In that moment, the only thing Jaune could think of during was to scream.

(At the Forest Temple)

Yang and Blake were talking to one another until they heard the sound of a girlish scream ring out through the air. Yang immediately became worried.

Yang: "Some girl's in trouble! Blake, did you hear that?" she asked her partner.

But Blake was to busy looking up into the sky in horror to what she was watching.

(Outside of the cave)

(Y/n) became startled to the high pitch scream that came from inside the cave and hit behind the boulder he was sitting on. He looked at the entrance of the cave in horror.

(Y/n): "W-What the?! O-Oh no no no! I-I am not going in there, this only justify my fear of caves!" he stuttered to himself as he continued to look at the cave entrance.

He soon heard another scream and barely made out the words the person said. "Oh no" he heard them yelled and he swore it sounded like Jaune.

Soon (Y/n) saw Pyrrha run out of the cave very quickly, he let out a sigh of relief when she came next to him until he notice Jaune wasn't with her. That was until Jaune came crashing out of the cave entrance with a little friend, he brought a Deathstalker with him. (Y/n) soon wished that Jaune didn't came out of the came. He saw that Jaune was hanging onto the Deathstalkers stinger for dear life. The Death Stalker let out a roar, all while trying to get Jaune off its stinger.

Jaune: "Ahhh! Why?! Ahhh! Pyrrha! (Y/n)! Ahhhh! Pyrrha! (Y/n)! This is not the relic! It's not! Ahhh! Do something!" he cried out to both his friends.

(Y/n): "You think!? That's clearly a Deathstalker! Just hold still for a moment I'll get you!" he yelled at Jaune, while preparing his blood wire to grab.

Pyrrha: "Jaune! Whatever you do, don't let-" she tried to tell him, only for her and (Y/n) to see Jaune be thrown across the sky by the Deathstalker.

Pyrrha: "...go." she quietly said only to look back to the Deathstalker, while taking her fighting stance with her spear.

(Y/n): "I...I should've seen that coming actually." he sighed to himself, while following Pyrrha lead and forming a blood spear with his wires.

They both looked upon the Deathstalker who was staring down at them growling and snipping its pincers. (Y/n) was more than ready to fight another Deathstalker, he just needed to be careful and fight patiently this time, so he doesn't expose his secret to Pyrrha. But Pyrrha on the other hand didn't want to fight and began rubbing the back of her head in nervousness. She immediately grabbed ahold of (Y/n) hand and began running away with him to his surprise. They began running through the forest together hand locked to one another with the sounds of trees being trampled down behind them.

(Y/n): "P-Pyrrha! What are you doing?! We should fight and kill it together! We can't risk having this thing following us to other students, it's too dangerous!" he stated to her, as they jumped over a fallen tree.

Pyrrha: "I know, but do you honestly think Jaune will be ok to defend himself, while we're fighting the Deathstalker!" she stated to (Y/n).

(Y/n) began thinking to himself as he and Pyrrha began dodging the Deathstalkers Pinchers. He knows that Jaune is good as dead if he is left alone, who knows what he'll do. They needed to get to him, but having this thing chasing after them is going to end badly, if they didn't have time to recover. That's when (Y/n) got a idea, a Ruby kind of idea.

(Y/n): "Pyrrha! You go on ahead to find Jaune, while I buy you some time!" he yelled to Pyrrha.

Pyrrha: "What?! No! You promised me that you wouldn't fight something dangerous alone remember!" she reminded him as they ran some between trees.

(Y/n): "I know! That's why I'm not going to fight it, I'm just going to buy you some time to run on ahead to find Jaune and come up with a strategy. After a few minutes of buying time, than I'll come running back to you and Jaune! Don't worry I have a plan! Sadly it's not a good one." he mumble the last part so Pyrrha couldn't hear him.

Pyrrha looked to (Y/n) worriedly before nodding her head and letting go of his hand. She ran through some bushes while (Y/n) stopped to look back to see a Deathstalker charging through the tree lines tearing down all the trees in its path. (Y/n) chuckled nervously to himself.

(Y/n): "What have I gotten myself into!" he yelled to himself while reforming his blood spear into blood wires and stretching them in front of him.

(Y/n) was going to do a trick he learned a few years ago on the Deathstalker, but he never done it on something this large, nevertheless a Grimm. He waited patiently for the right moment to arrive. When the Deathstalker launched one of it's pincher at (Y/n), he jumped towards it yelling out loud.

If anyone was looking towards the direction (Y/n) was, the only thing they would see is a flock of birds fly up into the air from the trees.

Today was not (Y/n) day.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

35.5K 607 24
It's been lonely for Y/N after all these years. Losing his mother and now living in the forest to fend for himself. It wouldn't be bad if not for the...
8.6K 137 12
Y/n is on a never ending journey. He had made some friends during his travels. what awaits him now.
818K 12.3K 52
Y/N is paralyzed due to a mission. What happens when the girls of Beacon Academy show him love when there is none shown to him? Will they be able to...
19.4K 399 17
After living within the cold walls of the facility, (Y/N) is eventually released and forced to wander the world of remnant. Will he become the hero h...