A Rose's Wolfe (RWBY Ruby X...

By Jay_Wolfe

young (y/n) doesn't really enjoy his current life. Nothing wrong with it, just boring as hell. His daily life... More

Prologue
Prologue 2
Acces granted
Making friends
Time to sleep
Prepare for lift-off
Initiation complete
Part of the team ... somewhat
Sparring matches
Jaune's struggle
A changed man
OC and you
Protect what you love
Food fight of the century
A meeting with James
Looking for answers
Mistakes were made
Christmas 1
Christmas 2
Birthday special.
You're a Beach~
Sand help~
Rage and Remembrance
Not so Death Battle
Training [gone wrong?]
A new path & a strange headache
A much needed talk

Trouble in the team

1.8K 23 19
By Jay_Wolfe

(y/n): *yawn* how much longer till we're there???
Ruby: It should be just ahead.

Guy: Great, let's get this festival stuff over with for Weiss, so that I can spend the weekend doing nothing...

Weiss had dragged the five of us towards Vale, because she wanted to see the Vytal Festival or something. Might be a little early for that... Anyways, she had been dragging us all over Vale until we reached a banner saying 'Welcome to Vale'.

Weiss: The Vytal Festival! Oh, this is absolutely wonderful!

Ruby: I don't think I've ever seen you smile this much before Weiss... It's kinda weirding me out.

Guy: You're not the only one.

Weiss: How could you not be happy? A festival dedicated to the cultures of the world. There will be dances, parades, a tournament!

(y/n): Why would you be so happy already? It's at the end of the year, while we haven't even finished the first semester...

Weiss: Oh the amount of planning and organizing that goes into this event is breathtaking! Even if we're only a third of the year in.

Guy: Wow...

Weiss: You finally agree with me?!

Guy: Nah, I was just impressed about how you could make something fun sound so boring.

Weiss: *glaring* Shut it, you!

(y/n): Well, I'm not complaining. Life has been so much fun since I got here! I wouldn't mind hanging out you guys! Nearly everything that happens when I'm around you guys is awesome. *winks at Ruby*

Ruby blushes a little, remembering how we met and how we enjoyed ourselves since that moment. This brought a wide grin to my face too. Then Ruby pulled me away for unknown reasons.

Ruby: Guys, I need to discus something with (y/n) for a moment, please.

Yang: Kay.

We slowed down just a little to let them pass just outside of out hearing range, then Ruby walked a little closer to me and started whispering.

Ruby: When are you going to tell them?

(y/n): I don't know... I wanted to ask Ozpin first.

Ruby: You should tell them as soon as you can, I don't know how long I can keep my mouth shut when Yang gives me sugar!

(y/n): I know, I know! But I doubt Oz is going to allow it... He wasn't even supposed to tell you.

Ruby: I know, but eventually they'll find out anyway. Might as well tell them yourself. Besides, they deserve to know! They're your friends.

(y/n): I'd even consider you guys my family, but I get the point. As soon as we get back to Beacon I'll go to Ozpin. Now, let's just enjoy ourselves while we're here shall we?

Ruby: Kay, let's catch back up to the others.

As we got closer to the others we were getting close to the docks, which made itself known by the smell of fish. We walked further in the docks to see some boats enter and leave the harbor.

Guy: What was that about?

(y/n): I'll tell you later.

Guy: Fine my me.

Ruby then covered her nose to protect herself from the smell, which was now way worse than before.

Yang: Soo... Remind me again why we're spending our Friday afternoon visiting something as stupid as the docks?

Ruby: They smell like fish...

(y/n): The festival I can understand but why the docks?
Guy: It's not like anything important is happening here, or is there something you're not telling me?

Weiss: Well, I heard that students from Vacuo will be arriving today, and as a representative of Beacon I feel as though it is my solemn duty to welcome them to Vale.

Blake: She wants to spy on them so she'll have the upper hand in the tournament.

Guy: And there it is.

Weiss: Ugh! You can't prove that!

(y/n): So you're trying to tell me that we left our cozy dorm to visit the fish-smelling docks, out of the kindness of your heart?

Weiss: Exactly!

Guy: And there is our proof that you're lying Ice Queen.

Everyone laughed, well except for Weiss, who just stood there unbelieving of what we just said. Then Ruby turned towards the docks behind us.

Ruby: Whoa...

We turned ourselves around to see what Ruby was interested in. What we saw were the remains of a dust shop, which appeared to be completely destroyed. Around the whole building was police tape. We then walked over towards the officers to ask what happened.

Ruby: What happened here?

Officer #1: Dust robbery... Second one to be hit this week. I'm telling you, this place is turning into a jungle.

The officer walked away and left us.

Yang: Ugh! That's terrible!

Guy: I hope they catch them soon.

We were then able to overhear the conversation between the officers.

#2: They left all the money again.

Ruby: huh?

#1: It just doesn't make any sense! Who needs that much dust?

#2: An army?

#1: You thinking the uh... White fang?

#2: Yeah... I'm thinking we don't get paid enough

Weiss: Hmm.. The White Fang, what an awful bunch of degenerates.

Blake: What's your problem?!

Weis: My problem? I simply don't care for the criminally insane.

Blake: The White Fang is hardly a bunch of psychopaths! They're a collection of misguided Faunus.

Weiss: Misguided?! They're trying to wipe humanity from the earth!

Blake: Okay, then they're very misguided. But it doesn't explain why they would rob a dust shop in the middle of downtown Vale.

Ruby: hmm... Blake's got a point. Besides, the police still never caught that Torchwick guy me and (y/n) ran into a few months ago. Maybe it was him.

I was trying SO hard to keep my ears flat and stay out of their vision so that they wouldn't drag me into their discussion. Currently I was hiding behind Guy

Weiss: That still doesn't change the fact that those Faunus only know how to lie, cheat and steal. They're a bunch of scum!

Guy: You do know that you're basing the actions of a small group to a whole race... That does make you kind of a racist.

Ruby: What's a racist?
(y/n): I'll explain back in the dorm.

???: Hey! Stop that Faunus!!!

We then turned around to see a blonde boy with a monkey tail jump down from a boat. He was making some smartass remarks towards the captain and then threw a banana peel on a policeman's head. He then sprinted past us, while giving a wink to Blake. She stood there, frozen.

Yang: Well, you wanted to see the competition... and there it goes.

Weiss: Quick! We have to observe him!

Guy: I know you want to win, but it seems kinda desperate...

Weiss then started to run after monkey boy to try and "observe" him. We all followed her soon after, until she stopped. The Faunus was no longer in the area, but someone else was close, maybe a little too close...

Weiss: NO! He got away!

(y/n): Uhm, Weiss...

Weiss: What?

(y/n): You're ... kinda... on someone...

She looked at me as if I was insane, until she realized that she actually sat on someone... A ginger haired girl wearing a dress. She then jumped up in surprise.

Penny: Salutations!

(y/n): Uhm... Hi there?

Yang: Are you okay?

She replied with a smile, which was strange considering the fact that she was still laying on the floor.

Penny: I'm wonderful! Thank you for asking.

Yang: Do you ... wanna get up?

Penny: *thinking* Yes.

She then did a kick and landed on her feet, to which the girls stepped back.

Guy: Wow! That was awesome!

Penny: Thank you very much!

Yang: Of course you guys aren't weirded out by this situation...

We stood there with a friendly smile on our faces until Guy held out his hand.

Guy: Hi there, My name's Guy Evans. It's nice to meet ya miss?

Penny: Oh, My name is Penny, Penny Polendina. It's a pleasure to meet you!

(y/n): My name's (y/n) Wolfe. Nice meeting you!

She shook both out hands and smiled towards team RWBY.

Ruby: Hi Penny! I'm Ruby.

Weiss: I'm Weiss. *small bow*

Blake: Blake.

Yang: Are you sure you didn't hit your head or anything?

Blake wanted to hit Yang in the head, but a watery hand appeared and did it for her, hitting Yang pretty hard on the back of her head.

Yang: OW! I'm Yang.

Penny: It's a pleasure to meet you!

Weiss: You already said that ...

Penny: ... So I did!

Weiss: Well, sorry for running into you.

Team RWBY then turned to walk away with us following close behind.

(y/n): Later.

Guy: See ya later, Penny!

Ruby: Take care, friend!

We then walked back towards the street where we came from.

Yang: Well... She was weird.

Guy: Whish I could've asked her about the way she stood back up...

Weiss: Now, where did that Faunus riff-raff run of too?

As we looked back we saw Penny standing in front of our group.

(y/n): Wait, how?

Penny: What did you call me?

Guy: Well, this is a nice turn of events.

Yang: Oh! I'm so sorry! I definitely didn't think you heard me!

Penny: No, not you.

She walks towards Ruby whilst pointing at her.

Penny: You!

Ruby: Me?

Penny: You called me friend! Am I really your friend???

Ruby: Uhm....

She turned towards the rest of our group to see the girls violently shaking their heads, motioning for Ruby to say no, while Guy just shrugged and I gave her a thumbs up.

Ruby: Yeah sure, why not?

The girls fell to the ground out of shock, with Guy trying to catch Yang which caused them both to fall. Meanwhile I still had a friendly smile plastered on my face.

Penny: Sen...Sational! We can paint our nails, try on clothes and talk about cute boys.

(y/n): Do girls really do that in their spare time?

Ruby then started to blush, which I had trouble with to understand....

Ruby: W-What, no! That's not what we do... We don't talk about cute boys, or anything like that!

Guy: Your tone suggests something else...

(y/n): Come on, man. Just drop it, if she doesn't want to talk about I'm not gonna force her to tell us. Just drop it for now.

Guy: Fine with me.

Yang: So, Penny .... What're ya doing in Vale?

Penny: I'm here to fight in the tournament!

Weiss: Wait, you fighting in the tournament?!

Penny: *saluting* I'm combat ready!

Weiss: Forgive me, but you hardly look the part...

Guy: Says the girl wearing a dress....

(y/n): Oh, god, why?!

Weiss: It's a combat skirt!

Ruby sped over towards Weiss and stood next to her, holding her hand out for a low five.

Ruby: Yeah!

Weiss: Wait, if you're here for the tournament, does that mean that you know that monkey tailed rapscallion?

Penny: The who?

Weiss then grabbed a small, and if I say so myself, immaturely drawing from monkey boy out of .... her dress?

Weiss: The filthy Faunus from the boat!

Guy: How and when?

Blake: *angry* Why do you keep saying that?! Stop calling him a rapscallion! Stop calling him a degenerate, he's a person!

Weiss: Oh, I'm sorry.... Would you like me to stop referring to the trashcan as a trashcan? Or this lamp post as a lamp post?

She motioned towards said objects to make her point, while clearly angering Blake even further... I started losing my cool as a vein popped on my forehead

Blake: Stop it!!!

Weiss: Stop what? He clearly broke the law! Give him time, he'll probably join up with the White Fang!

And now she became racist... Pulling me over the line...

(y/n): You spoiled fucking brat! That would make me a part of the White Fang too, wouldn't it?! So why aren't you even close to recognising who is with you, before you start muttering hateful bullshit! And you know what? The worst part isn't even that I feel like you're insulting me. *tears start forming* Think about all the innocent faunus that try to live their lives but get discriminated against because they are part animal! I thought you were my friend, but it seems that I'm just another animal to you. I honestly thought you were my friend, and then you say this shit...

Weiss: (y/n)! I'm so –

(y/n): Save it, Ice queen! I don't really care if you accuse me of being a dick, but I will not stand for Racism/Discrimination!

Guy: Uhm, Penny... It might be time for you to leave, I think this'll turn out ... emotional, for lack of better wording.

Penny: I understand, good luck.

Blake: See! This is why the White Fang was created, because of people like you who think that all faunus are bad!

(y/n): Like you're any better than her?!

Blake: EXCUSE ME?!

(y/n): You actually are defending an organization that wants to wipe all of humanity off of its surface! Do you really think that's not even the slightest evil?! There has been violence and even killing, do you think that helps the Faunus?! Yes, most Faunus there are misguided, but if it really were that bad they would never, and I mean NEVER, follow someone who would! They have a mind of their own, Blake. They should be able to think for themselves. If they really disagreed they would've stopped killing others! What did all the small children who lost their parents do to the Faunus?! All they do is spread more hate through this! Don't you see that? All the humans don't look at the faunus with respect, they look at them with fear. Even I've seen that...

During the whole conversation my left eye was giving of a strong (f/c) glow with small sparks of (f/c) lightning coming out

(y/n): ......
Blake: (y/n), I ... I don't know what to say...

Yang: Sometimes it might be better to say nothing.

Weiss: I- I'm sorry for offending you (y/n), but my opinion about the White Fang stands the way it is now. They have made my life miserable, because all they do is cheat, steal and kill!

Guy:*silent* Now might have been the moment to stay silent...
Blake: You miserable brat!

Blake then stormed away, with Weiss soon following her, all while still arguing.

(y/n): OH FOR FUCK'S SAKE! *hangs head*

Ruby, Yang and Guy then came walking toward me, with both Ruby and Guy putting their hands on my shoulders.

Yang: Well... At least you tried.

Guy: You okay, bud?

Ruby: It's gonna be alright, (y/n).

I looked towards Weiss and Blake, before replying with a huge sigh.

(y/n): I need a drink.

Guy: I thought you didn't drink anymore?

Yang: Aren't you two a little young for that?

Guy: We were allowed at home.

~+~Time Skip~+~

Weiss: I don't understand why this is causing such a problem?

Blake: That IS the problem!

After we had gotten back to our dorm, Guy had left to JNPR's. Meanwhile the discussion went on for the ENTIRE way back. It had already turned night by now. Everyone was standing in the room while trying to calm it down. I was chatting on my scroll.

Weiss: You realize you're defending a organization that hates mankind, don't you? The Faunus from the White Fang are pure evil!

(y/n): I call BS....

Blake: There's no such thing as "pure evil". Why do you think they hate humanity so much? It's because of people like Cardin, people like you, that force the White Fang to take such drastic measures!

Weiss: People like me?!?

Blake: You're discriminatory!

(y/n): Maybe a little.

Weiss: I'm a victim!

(y/n): Wait what????

(y/n): *on scroll* Guy, get ready. Shit's about to go down. Discussion is probably heading south, and I need you to look after Blake when it does.

Guy: Got it. Be ready in two.

(y/n): Thanks.

Weiss: You want to know why I hate the White Fang? Why I don't particularly trust the Faunus? It's because they've been at war with my family... as in actual bloodshed...

While talking Weiss had moved towards the dorm's window, adding extra drama to her speech.

Weiss: My grandfathers company had had a target painted across its back for as long as I can remember...and ever since I was a child, I've watch family friends disappear, board members executed, an entire train car full of dust stolen...and everyday my father would come home furious, and that made for a very difficult childhood!

I really felt like saying that she could at least remember her childhood, but it was enough chaos as it is now. I grabbed a hold of my pendant, causing Ruby to look at me with a concerned look.

Weiss: You want to know why I despise the White Fang?! It's because they're a bunch of liars, thieves and murderers!

Blake: Well maybe WE were tired of getting pushed around!!!!

The atmosphere in the room grew heavy, as everyone tried to process what was just said. Weiss took a step back in both shock and disbelief.

Blake: I... I...

She then ran out of the room at inhuman speeds.

Ruby: Blake, Wait! Come back!

Ruby wanted to run after her, but I stopped her. She looked at me confused when I grabbed my scroll and called someone.

Guy: Sup?

(y/n): It's me, it happened. She ran out of the room and into the night.

Guy: On it!

The call then ended and everyone looked at me in confusion.

(y/n): Okay, since I know you might have questions, ask them now.

Ruby: Why did you stop me?!

(y/n): Because I've got it covered. She needs some time to think, and honestly I have to say that I would've done the same.

Yang: How did you know this would happen?

(y/n): *ears perking up* I could smell it. Faunus remember?

Weiss: That doesn't answer the question!

(y/n): *annoyed* Shut it you, because this is your fault too! Anyway, when I found out Blake was a faunus I asked her about it, and my assumptions were right about her being a faunus, a cat to be exact.

Weiss: YOU KNEW?!?! And you didn't tell us?!

(y/n): A. I promised her that I wouldn't tell anyone. B. Don't push my temper Ice Queen, you still aren't forgiven!

Ruby: Let's just go to bed... If Blake's safe, at least we can have a good night of rest.

(y/n): Night, if you need me, I'll be on the roof to clear my mind.

~+~On the roof~+~

I was comfortably laying on the hard stone ground, looking at the stars. As I was mentally going over everything that had happened today I could hear some footsteps.

Ozpin: Having trouble sleeping, (y/n)?

(y/n): Something like that...

Ozpin: You can tell me, if you'd like?

(y/n): It's Blake... She accidently blurted out that she was a part of the White Fang when she was in an argument with Weiss.

Ozpin: I think I understand. Miss Schnee didn't really enjoy the Faunus and they disagreed, I assume.

(y/n): Exactly, and now Blake ran. Don't worry, I've got Guy following her.

Ozpin: All I can say is that she'll just need some time to think, and when she's ready to accept the consequences, she'll return.

(y/n): Thanks, professor. But I have one more question.

Ozpin: Go on...

(y/n): I was wondering if I could tell anyone about who I truly am... I feel guilty for not telling the truth to my friends.

Ozpin: I understand your problem, and I don't think the "group" would allow anyone to know about it.

I looked down in sadness, knowing that I have to keep it a secret for a long time.

Ozpin: But if you were to "accidentally" tell them, I don't think that they can do anything about it *wink*.

(y/n): *Smiling* Thank you! Thank you so much!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

252 0 14
Disclaimer: I don't own RWBY, they belong to RoosterTeeth. I own Team LADR This is an au so somethings that happen in the show will not happen in the...
32.5K 523 21
Remnant... A planet long abandoned by the brother gods... But what happens when the brother gods, decide to send one of their new creations to check...
1.5K 35 3
(F/N) (L/N) a 17 year old teen escapes a place he would personally call hell, and he hides in a forest on a rainy night. The next day, he wakes up t...
286 0 12
Disclaimer: I don't own RWBY, they belong to RoosterTeeth. I own Team LADR This is an au so somethings that happen in the show will not happen in th...