Living next door to an idiot

By beau_angel

(Book One of 'An Idiot' series) Meet Haley Valdez. The Good Girl. She's a straight A honours student with a s... More

1. I live next to you?
2. Would they fall for it?
3. Self control is important
4. Comfort is nice
5. Spending too much time with an idiot
6. This Is Not What It Looks Like
7. He's my what now?
8. In other words that was fantastic
9. Ending a good day with tears.
10. This cannot be happening
11. Today was a productive day . . .
12. Holy crap ...
13. Should I be scared or happy?
14. A party I will never forget
15. A game with a twist
16. What the heck is going on?
17. Too much for one day
18. Best day of my life...
19. Tables turn.
21. Bad Luck Prone...
22. Teddy bear
23. Second disaster date
24. I'm looking forward to it.
25. Knock, Knock
26. Hidden from me.
27. Man behind
28. Hallucinations
29. Our little secret
30. Best behaviour
31. You guessed it
32. They're coming for us
Next chapter is out

20. Hell would break loose tomorrow

10.6K 273 55
By beau_angel

"What do you want?" Dante growled as he protectively stood in front of me while at the same time placing one arm on my thigh to reassure he was there for me by making sure Spike could not see me properly and could not look directly into my eyes either.

"Answer my question first, pretty boy." Spike spat in Dante's face making Dante tense and clench his hands into fists almost as though he was getting ready to punch and murder the three of them before me right now.

"I don't have to answer-"

"We broke up and now we got back together." I snarled as I jumped down from the car's bonnet and took my place beside Dante. I hugged his arm to try and calm him down but also for my own protection to reassure myself that I was not alone with a dangerous thug and his minions. "Now explain why Mr Eggman is here with Twedle Dum and Tweedle Dee!"

A big smirk grew on Dante's face as he turned to face me and felt proud of my comeback but unfortunately I may have pissed off Spike because he looked redder than a tomato and he was shaking furiously. His minions looked like German shepherds that were about to be released to go bite people they did not like - in this case it was us.

"Why did you not come to the gang's meeting today?" Spike growled through his gritted teeth trying his best to hold back but clearly he was having issues holding back and looked like any second now it would be a one vs three fight.

"I had school, social events, gatherings, I had to revise, I had to go jump off a cliff, win over my girlfriend, then smoke and finally avoid bastards like you." Dante listed and I was doing my best not to laugh so I shoved my face into Dante's back so that I would not erupt into laughter and cause even more tension.

"Well, clearly someone forgot our deal." Spike smirked before cracking his knuckles. "TONY!"

Out of nowhere I felt huge, cold hands being clasped around my waist and pulling my back. "DANTE." I screamed making Dante quickly turn around before one arm tightened itself around my stomach making me feel sick and faint while his other hand held a thin cold steel blade against my neck.

"You bloody-"

"Tony." Spike ordered and instantly the tall giant who looked like he was on steroids held the knife even tighter against my neck until I could feel the blade almost pierce my neck. If he pushed the blade any more I'm pretty sure my neck would be cut and would begin to bleed. Unfortunately, just for me he managed to press it even harder until a loud shriek made it's way out of my mouth since now it was starting to hurt and sting. I could feel a drop of blood escape from my neck and my neck throb in pain. "Stand back and she won't get hurt."

"Let her go." Dante demanded stopping in his track in fear that if he came any closer to me he would end up with a dead girlfriend who he only had for a few minutes anyways.

"Will you come to the next meeting?" Spike smirked knowing he now had the upper hand seeing as Dante felt his protective and possessive side come out making sure I would not get harmed. Dante stood there glancing over at me then back to Spike before punching the bonnet of his car and making a huge dent in it.

"Yes, just let her go!" He spat not turning around and instantly the Tony guy threw me towards Dante but I accidentally tripped up over my own feet because of the force of the push and I fell on my knees while scraping them at the same time. Dante turned around instantly hearing the thud before coming over to my side and helping me up. "I swear to god, if you ever hurt her again or try to, you won't have any balls and any members left in your gang! This is between us, let it stay between us!"

"We shall see about that, you-"

In less that a second Dante grabbed both the dagger and gun out of Tony's hand and back pocket before grabbing Spike in a head lock making him stop his sentence and stand in shock.

"Like I said, hurt her and you will regret every moment from them on wards." Dante held the dagger tightly against Spike's neck while the gun was aimed at Tweedle Dum and Tweedle Dee. "You know I'm not afraid to shoot so get the fuck out of here before I do." Dante threw the dagger on the floor before kicking it over to me so that it slid to my feet but held the gun firmly in his hands making sure everyone knew he had one.

Spike gently ran his hand over his neck before clicking his fingers and leading his minions off but Tony stayed behind for a few moments.

"I'm sorry, dude. You know I have to do what he says." Tony looked down in shame and humiliation.

"I get it." Dante shrugged before patting the guy that was a whole foot taller than me and taller than Dante by around six to seven inches. "He is a sick and disgusting pervert who takes innocent people's families if they don't do as he says."

"Make sure next time Tanner hangs out with you that he is not wearing a tracker." Tony spoke before glancing over at me. "I'm sorry too little lady. I didn't mean to push you as hard as I did."

"She'll be fine but the next time you even lay a finger on her you'll be dead." Dante chuckled before giving him a serious look and Tony smiled before running off towards Spike's last seen direction.

I liked this side of Dante, his possessive side, it showed that even though this relationship was a screwed up, messy and weird one that there was genuine commitment and like going on. I stared at him with admiration and could feel my cheeks heat up just by looking at this Greek statue that stood before me.

"I know I'm good eye candy but you just violated this one." Dante chuckled before opening the passenger door and helping me get in.

"Well, you do it all the time to me so I thought I should return the favor." I winked at him before he ran his ran playfully through his hair while grinning slyly.

*******************************

We came almost an hour after Jase and Chris had arrived. The second Dante had parked the car on his front porch Chris and Juli came running outside to throw their arms around us and cuddle us to death.

"Don't I get any hugs or is this bad ass not allowed any?" Dante chuckled as he looked over towards me as I had all the attention while he had nada.

"Tanner's trousers kept beeping in the car and so when Jase yanked his pants off we saw there was a tracker hidden inside the belt." Juli explained and both she and Chris let go off me and looked at Dante to tell him everything. "We realized that since Tanner is in the gang you were... or still is in we knew Spike was after you."

"I'm just glad my little bro is alright and my beautiful-" Jase's words were cut short as he stopped at the front door glaring at me as though I was dying from external wounds and blood loss and that's when I realized his gaze was staring at my neck were there was a small cut. "What the holy crap happened to Haley?"

"Spike." Dante tensed again once more and so I moved closer to him and slipping my hand slowly in to his and squeezed it to assure we were both fine and doing well. Suddenly, Chris' and Juli's head snapped towards my direction and they began to analyze the scratches on my knees and the faint red line that was cut a little at the end on my neck.

"He is going to die." Chris spat but instead he earned a scoff from Dante.

"As if you can even lay a hand on him. Chris you're strong for your age but compared to him you're a baby fly." Dante retorted making Chris look offended. "He would kill you before you even managed to punch him." He kept offending Chris so I took my hand out of his and punched his shoulder and walked off inside the house where I knew I was more safe.

"What was that for?" Dante groaned as he ran after me before placing his hand on my hip and spinning me around.

"Don't be mean to Chris, idiot. He was only sticking up for me." I shook his hand off before taking the first aid kit out of the kitchen shelf and opening it up to find wool and disinfectants. Dante leaned backwards against the kitchen tabletop and continued to look at me.

"Well, I was only being honest-"

"Well, there was no need for offending metaphors-"

"What crawled up your pants and died there?" Jase chuckled as he came and stood by the kitchen doorway and behind him stood Chris with his arm around Juli's waist.

"My pride and dignity." I muttered hoping no one heard but due to the silence in the house everyone heard it and gave me confused and weird looks.

"And why would that be?" Juli asked half grinning while she was also half misunderstood thinking only god knows what.

"Because I decided to go out with the one guy who I have hated since the start of kindergarten and go out with him while he constantly offends my family and does not apologize." I blurted and instantly I regretted it because not only did Juli and Jase both erupt into a fit of laughter but they exchanged money because of their bet. Dante looked rather hurt but no one looked as hurt and offended as Chris.

Juli and Jase both shut up the second they noticed Chris' facial expression and didn't make another noise. Instead they both quietly made their way upstairs not trying to avert any attention and sneak out unnoticed.

"You what?" Chris asked finally breaking the long silence between the three of us.

"I... I..." I was speechless and I did not know what to say because frankly I had just broken Chris' trust and probably any respect he had for me.

"She's my girlfriend." Dante stood up straight and wrapped his arm around my waist and wherever he slid his hand or placed it sent small fireworks through my skin and made my body heat up and and not want him to let go. "As much as you probably hate me right now don't hate her-"

"I don't hate either one of you." Chris interrupted. "I'm just hurt that you, Dante, did not tell me you were going to ask her out and that you, Haley, you constantly told me you did not like him and you would never go out with him."

"Dude, I couldn't have told you even if I wanted to do because it slipped out of my mouth that I happened to like her and when I asked her Spike came and killed everything." Dante explained and began to feel rather annoyed.

Chris looked at me and began to focus completely on me now. "Haley, I've known this guy since I was four and so do you, we both know he humps then dumps. He always leaves the girl either broken in tears, not innocent anymore or just leaves them feeling like they're a toy who used to please himself."

I could feel Dante's arm tighten around my waist and hold on to me rather close, Dante's chest was rising and falling heavily clearly affected by my brother's words. Yes, Chris made a good point and had just stated the truth but everyone deserves a second chance and deserves to have a start over.

"Chris, I see where your loyalties stand." Dante let go of me and took a step forward, I thought he was going to punch Chris but instead he just stared at Chris looking rather pissed off and this time he was offended. "You yourself know I have never had a girlfriend only chicks I mess around with so, maybe, did it ever occur to you that if Haley is actually my girlfriend then I am trying to take it seriously and not mess about?"

I could feel a huge smile plastered on to my face. I was his first girlfriend. Now, that must have been a first because everyone knew this guy probably had done everything physically possible to a girl in bed and done everything to chat her up and take her out but he had never had a genuine girlfriend to call his.

"If you don't like the fact Haley and I are together, then go cry about it!" Dante spat at Chris only for Chris to get angry back.

"I never wanted you guys to be together in the start. When she and I were younger we actually got along if it hadn't have been for you." Chris retorted. "You always hurt girls and maybe that's why she chose Blake over you because it's guys like you that make the rest of us look like jerks!"

"Actually, you are a jerk. You tease girls too you twat, and have flirted with loads of girls and didn't think about getting with any of them." Dante exclaimed. "The only girl you have ever properly liked and known you would never hurt was Juli and I feel the same way about Haley!"

"You see all girls as toys!" Chris yelled. "Heck, if your mum was alive she would hate to see you, in fact she would be disgusted with you!"

"You fucking piece of shit take that back!" Dante hissed.

Suddenly I could feel more tension in the room than the combined amount of tension that happened in the cold war. Dante looked like he was about to snap Chris' neck and murder him while Chris looked like he was about to break Dante's leg and beat him with it.

"No wonder your dad is also ashamed of you-"

"Chris shut up!" I snapped feeling anger boil inside of me too. He was now picking on every little thing that had happened to Dante and was blaming all the messed up shit that had happened in Dante's on him. "What has gotten into you?"

"NO!" Chris shouted and suddenly a worried Juliet was running down the stairs followed by a pissed off Jase. Obviously, Jase was on Dante's side- not just because they were brothers- because Chris was picking on their parents and making everything seem like Dante's fault. These two were supposed to have been brothers, best friends. "He is probably going to screw you then leave you and move on. He's heartless and cold just like Spike-"

Before Chris could continue any further Dante's fist made contact into Chris' face and not only did we all hear a crunching noise but we could see Chris him stagger backwards and almost fall. Chris threw a punch back making Dante's nose bleed and blood drip out like a loose water tap. Dante then threw another punch into Chris' stomach making him bend over in agony and cry in pain. Chris tried to get up and throw a punch back but Dante did a roundhouse kick and aimed perfectly right into Chris' ribs making another crunching noise and I am pretty sure he either broke Chris's ribs or shattered them.

"DANTE, STOP." I shouted and I ran to try and hold Dante's arm to pull him back but it was no use. Chris slammed Dante's head into the wall but even though it would end up giving Dante a bruise it seemed like it didn't hurt him and so Dante grabbed Chris by his arm and flung him against the wall and so he looked close to fainting. "JASE!"

"JASE!" Juliet screamed into his ear making him jump up on the spot and escape whatever weird trance he was in.

"Bro, stop!" Jase commanded and threw himself in the middle of the two boys before giving Dante a huge bear hug and squeezing his arms to the side of his body so Dante could not punch or hurt anyone else. "Control yourself and get your shit together."

"You heard what the bastard said!" Dante spat giving Chris a dirty look and so I ran to my brother's side and rested his head against my lap.

"I don't care. He's your brother and he got angry. He has every right to get mad considering it's his sister and he is scared you will hurt her." Jase tried explaining. "He doesn't want Haley to have a broken heart because he has a point when he said you have a habit of leaving girls."

"Just. Get. Him. Out." Dante exclaimed and tried to get out of Jase's bear hug but by the looks of it Jase had everything under control.

I could feel a waterfall erupt from my eyes as an endless stream of tears ran down my cheeks and made me go red. I could feel my heart ache and my hands tremble with fear of Chris' state but also how Dante was doing emotionally. Chris damaged Dante's ego while Dante damaged Chris physically. Chris looked destroyed and I'm pretty sure Dante almost knocked my brother out with his hard blows to the head, ribs and stomach.

"Juliet, please let him stay at yours and make sure he's OK." I pleaded before looking over at Jase. "Could you drive them home, please?"

"Sure." They both replied at the same time before Jase chucked his keys towards Juli and she caught it in one hand before running off to Jase's car to unlock it. Jase let go of Dante and picked up Chris throwing him over his shoulder before carrying him into his car and shutting the door closed behind him.

The second I heard the car roar to life and drive off I could feel my bottom lip quiver while my body began to shake and tremble once again. I began to sob and soon tears began to furiously run down my face and I did not want Dante to look at me so I hid my face in the palm of my hands before turning my back to him.

"I'm sorry." He finally spoke realizing he almost made his childhood friend pass out who also happened to be my brother while at the same time my brother just offended Dante's life starting from his parents to Dante himself. "I don't know what got into me."

"It's only been a couple of hours since the start of our relationship and already a gang leader wants to murder me or get with me, his minions will gladly kill me, my boyfriend almost knocks out my brother while my brother makes your whole life seem like a misfortune." I stuttered trying to breath properly and got rid of my tears before getting up so I could stand in front of Dante look directly in his eyes.

"It'll be alright, trust-"

"If this isn't a sign from God trying to tell us we are doomed together then I don't know what is." I bit my lip crying to stop myself from crying any further. "Maybe there's a reason why God made us hate each other and always try to murder one another. He knows that wherever this is going will not be a good place. Dante, I like you but-"

"I've given up on love, I've given up on life, school, my education and a whole lot more shit. I quit way too easy and I don't even bother to move past the first hurdle. I never commit and always break things before they do become serious and I always fuck shit up but Haley this one feels different. I've tried so hard for this and I haven't quit, I have never felt like this and I like this feeling. I'm not going to give up on this before its even started, chika." He passionately spoke and I could hear his heart thumping against his rib cage as he slowly closed the distance between us. He placed his hand gently on my cheek.

His other hand placed itself on my waist and began to trail it's way up my back before he took his hand of my cheek and pushed my hair away and began to place small tingly kisses on my neck.

"Dante, stop?" I tried to tell him but instead it came out more like a question almost as though I was questioning myself whether or not to stop him or if I should just let this to continue. He stopped before looking into my eyes for god knows what but whatever it was it made him kiss me on the lips. I could not just stand there and so I leaned forward and wrapped my arms around his neck deepening the kiss.

I could feel his soft lips move perfectly against mine and so he pulled my waist closer removing any space that was between us so that we were now chest to chest. His lips not only moved in perfect rhythm with mine but our tongues also moved in sync as though this was all preplanned and had happened a million times before.

We both pulled back at the same time and I rested my head against his chest only for him to push my hair out of my face so he could once again stare into my eyes. I could see the lust in his eyes and god knows what he saw in mine because I was probably feeling a little more hormonal than he was.

"I'm tired." I groaned and Dante swept me off my feet and so I held on to him not planning to let go anytime soon. He carried me up the stairs and by the time he had I had felt myself pass out and go off into my la la land.

************************************

Suddenly, a gush of cold air tickled my face as the curtains began to make weird whooshing noises. I tried to turn the other way and ignore the sound to go back into oblivion but I heard something that made me want to freeze and not make another single movement...

I could hear rustling and the sound of things being moved about and almost as though my room was being searched.

On top of that I could now hear deep breathing coming from behind me and I didn't dare open my eyes because I could tell for a fact that was definitely not how Dante breathed and I doubt Jase would even come into my room without my permission so that just left one question.

Who the heck was in my room?

I slowly opened my eyes only to be faced by a dark silhouette glaring at me; he had one green eye and one violet. He was staring at me contently not sure whether or not I was awake but just as he moved a little forward -a little too forward- his face was not even an inch away from mine and so I did the only thing I could think of.

"AHH!" I screamed slapping the man as hard as I could in his face while at the same time I instantly jumped up from my bed and tried to move as further away from the man as possible but it was too late because he quickly clasped one hand over my mouth while the other grabbed my hair and yanked my head backwards making tears slip from my eyes.

"Oh shut up, you little whore." He chuckled sinisterly before letting go of my hair and slapping me harder than how I slapped him. "Karma is a bitch."

He let go of my mouth and placed either one of his hands on my waist. "DANTE!" I screamed once more but this time I earned my head to be grabbed and slammed against the bed poster and I could feel everything go a little hazy.

"Haley! What's going on?" Dante panicked from the other side of the room as I could see the doorknob twisting but the door was not opened ... it was locked. "Just wait one second."

The man threw himself on top of me and he was way too heavy to push. His legs were against mine so I couldn't even try to kick him in his crown jewels. He was holding my hands against the bed frame with his own while trying to plant slobbery kisses against my cheek and neck.

"GET OFF!" I screamed but instead he just slammed his mouth hard against mine before kissing me and I couldn't shake him off and so more tears began to slip and I could feel my body tremble in fear and panic. "GET OFF ME!"

"BASTARD! WATCH WHEN I'M DONE WITH YOU!" Dante yelled through the door. I could see he was trying to break the door down but unfortunately his dad had made all the door steel framed so it was virtually impossible to break unless you had those long metal poles the police force used.

"Dante, get the bloody pole!" Jase shouted from the end of the hallway I presumed almost as though he had read my mind and I could hear the two brothers run downstairs to find it.

The man suddenly bit my lip and I screamed once more as I could feel my lip bleed and throb in pain as his disgusting mouth would not get off mine. Suddenly, his arms began to roam my body and I began to hyperventilate and completely freak out now. The man grabbed the bottom of my shirt and tried to pull it off but I held it down making sure he would not be successful.

"Bitch." He groaned and slapped my hard across both my cheeks catching me off guard and then managing to rip my top off from me.

"GET OFF!" I screamed and began to shake myself to try and move him off but it was no use however, thankfully just in the nick of time the door broke open and in ran my two heroes. Dante grabbed the man by his collar and slammed him hard against the wall before continuously slamming several punches into the guy's stomach.

Meanwhile Jase grabbed my blanket off the floor before wrapping it aorund me so I was not standing in a room with three males in just my bra and a ripped skirt. I threw my arms around Jase and I began to burst into tears and could feel myself slowly break away. He wrapped his arms around me before comforting me.

"It's OK, don't worry. You shall be fine. We got you." Jase smiled and held me closer towards him so he knew I was not going to be harmed.

"YOU FUCKING PIECE OF USELESS CRAP!" Dante cursed and slammed a very powerful punch to the guy's head making him collapse to the floor and before he woke up Dante then kicked the guy in his face making him slam back into the wall and crunching noises escape his body.

The second Dante turned his back the man leaped up and jumped out the window limping away and Dante would've jumped after him too if it hadn't been for me running towards him and throwing myself against him.

The blanket had fallen on my run towards Dante but I did not care because I felt way too safe in Dante's arms for anything to happen. Whenever he was nearby or he was next to me I felt like nothing could hurt me.

"It's OK, shush." Dante comforted me as he rubbed circles on my bare back. "I got you."

"I was so scared. He was going to rap-"

"I would never let anyone hurt you let alone even think of trying to do that to you." He spat through gritted teeth. "If anyone lays a hand on you next time I will personally take them to their death and let Satan greet them."

"Dante." I muttered before bursting into more tears and feeling my shoulders become heavy and my body become weak. Being in his arms just felt so right and perfect, I didn't care if I was hugging him with just my bra on because frankly this guy had saved me and my innocence and still managed to annoy me all the time.

"I'm going to go check on Juli, Blake and Chris and make sure nothing happened to them." Jase commented before leaving the room and exiting the house.

"You're sleeping in my room, on my bed, next to me." Dante smiled sadly before quickly letting me go so he could shut the bedroom window and then for the second time tonight he swept me off my feet and took me to his room before laying me on his bed. "I knew making you wear those under garments would come in handy for me later."

"Perv." I gasped before giggling and gently slapping his shoulder. I pulled the duvet over me so I was now covered fully.

"But you like this perv." He winked and even though it was rather dark I could still make out the smirk on his face.

"God knows how that happened." I joked around.

"Satan probably had something to do with it considering I'm involved." He chuckled staring at me with a small smile.

"What would I do without you?" I smiled trying to wipe my tears.

"I don't want to think of that." Dante smiled sadly before kissing my cheek and taking his own shirt off to dive under the covers beside me. "Now sleep, chika. You need it."

"Goodnight, my prince." I sighed before snuggling close to Dante till we were only a breath away and I wrapped my arms around him while he wrapped his arms around my waist. I let my heavy eyes close and let my body sleep for a while because in the morning when Dante saw the bruises emerge hell would break loose tomorrow.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

15.9K 1.3K 34
April has an attitude, but Nico thinks it's pretty sexy. The problem is, she hates his guts. The other problem is, she can't quite get rid of him. If...
2.6K 92 32
Genevieve Fletcher was just a normal girl. When her world is turned upside down on her tenth birthday, Gen's life will never be the same, changing th...
4.4K 266 36
๐™’๐™๐™–๐™ฉ ๐™ฌ๐™ค๐™ช๐™ก๐™™ ๐™ฎ๐™ค๐™ช ๐™™๐™ค ๐™ž๐™› ๐™ฎ๐™ค๐™ช ๐™›๐™š๐™ก๐™ก ๐™ž๐™ฃ๐™ฉ๐™ค ๐™– ๐™˜๐™ค๐™ข๐™– ๐™–๐™ฃ๐™™ ๐™ฌ๐™ค๐™ ๐™š ๐™ช๐™ฅ ๐™›๐™š๐™š๐™ก๐™ž๐™ฃ๐™œ ๐™—๐™š๐™ฉ๐™ง๐™–๐™ฎ๐™š๐™™ ๐™—๐™ฎ ๐™š๐™ซ๐™š๐™ง๐™ฎ๐™ค๐™ฃ๐™š...
91.2K 4.2K 33
โHer secret will destroy them allโž โ€ขโ€ขโ€ข Celeste Allen has secrets that are continuously threatened, all the while attempting to be another average Ame...