✓ | Melted Ice - Nolan Patrick

By nolanhischier

It seems that everybody who is a fan of hockey has heard the name "Nolan Patrick" a lot within the last few m... More

0.1
0.2
0.3
0.4
0.5
0.6
0.7
0.8
0.9
1.0
1.2
1.3
1.4
1.5
1.6
1.7
1.8
1.9
2.0
2.1
0.1 A
2.2
2.3
2.4
2.5
2.6
2.7
2.8
2.9
3.0
sequel
REWRITING!

1.1

6.4K 96 17
By nolanhischier

last chapter was rushed, i'm sorry! but this chapter will make it up, promise💞

—October 23rd, 2017—

(look at this beautiful human being)

↳Nolan's Point Of View↰

Thanks to Travis we won the game in overtime. That'll teach that Matthews kid. Who does he think he is? He can't just waltz in and try to sweet talk Lila into falling for him.

Of course he can.

My jersey was off and in my cubby and I had taken off my chest pads when there was a knock at the door. Only one person ever knocked on the door and that was Lila. Claude checked to make sure we were all decent before yelling for her to come in.

She had a panicked look on her face and I couldn't help but want to bombard her with questions. Was she okay? Clearly she wasn't, but I wanted to know what was wrong. I was going out on a date with her within the next few days. I felt awful, I want to help her in any way possible. She scanned the room and met my gaze. Her chest rose and fell back quickly.

"Are you okay?" I mouthed and she shook her head. I pursed my lips and she headed back towards the showers to continue her search. I sighed and took off my undershirt.

❁ Lila's Point Of View ❁

After I went into the locker room and couldn't find Travis I went to the showers. He had just gotten out and had a pair of shorts on, luckily.

"Travis we need to go to the doctor's. My blood sugar is way too low for me to have just eaten a bunch of shitty foods a few hours ago," I said quietly and he took in a deep breath. He ran a hand through his hair as he walked towards his cubby.

"We'll find one in Philly tomorrow, I promise Lils. It can't be too awful," He said and I sighed before nodding. I walked back to the cubbies and Nolan was finishing putting on his suit. I leaned against his cubby and he smiled softly at me.

"C'mon, I need to talk to you," I said quietly and he looked down at me. He was 6'2, the son of a bitch. I was 5'4, clearly height wasn't in my favor.

Nolan grabbed his hockey bag and followed me out into the hallway. We went near the offices and I turned to lean against the wall.

"Nolan, I have type one diabetes. That's why sometimes I get lightheaded or I get moody and snap at people. I'm sorry I didn't tell you sooner I just–" I rambled on but Nolan stepped closer to me, putting his hands on both sides of my waist.

"Lila, I already knew. Travis told me a while ago. But that doesn't make me like you any less," He said and I felt my face redden.

"Wait so, you really do like me?" I asked and Nolan chuckled. He smiled down at me.

"Of course Lila. Why else do you think I asked you out on a date and why I leaned in to kiss you this morning? I've liked you ever since I saw you that first day when you walked in for practice. I was going to do everything I could to get to know you. You leave me starstruck no matter how you look whether it's you in sweatpants or you in a gown. You never fail to amaze me, Lila Konecny," I rolled my eyes playfully but a smile was still on my face. How could one not be when this kid was expressing his feelings for you as he stood barely a foot away from you?

I heard footsteps coming from down the hall and apparently Nolan did as well. He pursed his lips and backed away from me, allowing me to stand upright from my position on the wall. He lazily draped his arm across my shoulders and we walked towards the boys.

"I'm absolutely beat. I'm not even up for getting food," Travis said. I wouldn't expect him to want to go out tonight since he had worked really hard tonight. I got a really nice shot of him scoring the OT winner tonight.

"Lils you up with going out to the bar with us?" Ivan asked and I glared at him.

"You do know how old I am, right? I'm eighteen, Ivan. The drinking age in Toronto is nineteen," I said and realization hit him. Nolan pulled me closer to him.

"Don't worry, Lil. When we go go Winni you'll be able to come out with us," Nolan said with a cheeky smile. I pushed him away jokingly.

"I'm gonna head back with Travis since I really can't do anything else. You have a key Pats?" I asked Nolan and he nodded.

We all walked out together to the parking lot. I turned to Nolan and grabbed one of his hands. "Stay safe please, Nol," I said quietly and kissed his cheek before turning to go to the car.

Travis got into the car a few minutes later and he looked at me with a huge grin on his face. I was expecting him to start squealing like a ten year old girl.

"Congrats, Trav," I said with a smile and reached over to hug him. He started to pull out and drove in the direction of the hotel.

"How are you and Nolan?" He asked and glanced over at me then adverted his attention back to the road. I felt a blush rise onto my cheeks as I fiddled with my fingers.

"As you already know he asked me out on a date. We've almost kissed a few times but we've always been interrupted. I really like him," I said quietly and I could see the soft smile on my brother's face as he listened to me gush about this boy.

We got to the hotel a few minutes later and the two of us went up to the floor we were on. I said goodnight to Travis before going into my room and changing into pajamas. When I was about to lay down I got a text from the groupchat.

FlyGuys (and Lila!) 🏒

Les Captain: hey guys there's been a mixup in the schedule. We don't have a few day break. We go back home tomorrow. Sorry for those who were going to see their families

I groaned, I was looking forward to seeing mom and dad again. But we would celebrate the American Thanksgiving all together even if we weren't American. We had off so it would make sense.

The next morning I woke up and turned to reach for my phone. Nolan was still asleep and I didn't blame him. I didn't know how much he had to drink last night so I wouldn't want to wake him up if he had a hangover or not. We still had a couple hours until we had to head to the airport to get to Philly so he was okay.

I grabbed a pair black leggings and a sweatshirt before going into the bathroom to change. I brushed my teeth, put on deodorant and threw my hair up in a ponytail. I grabbed my wallet and car keys and went out to go grab some Tim Horton's. I got a coffee and a breakfast bagel and ate in the café before ordering a coffee and doughnut for Nolan.

I made my way back to the hotel and opened the door to Nolan and I's room. I turned around from closing the door and saw he was awake.

"Did I wake you up when I left?" I asked and Nolan put his hands over his ears.

"Lils, why are you so loud?" He groaned with his face scrunched up in pain. I chuckled and set the coffee and doughnut on the nightstand next to his bed. "You're a goddess."

"How much did you have to drink last night Nol? And thank you, I know." I said and sat down on the side of his bed.

"Too much." He said and I chuckled. "What time do we have to be at the airport?" Nolan moved over and patted the spot on the bed next to him. I shifted so I was laying down next to him.

"Not for another two hours. It's seven now and our flight leaves at ten. The flight is about two hours so we'll get there roughly from noon to one." I said and Nolan combed through my hair with his hand. I felt myself drifting off back into sleep and I rested my head on Nolan's chest.

↳Nolan's Point Of View↰

If someone could explain to me how perfect one person could be that would be great. I never thought that I would be one to get married or even date for that matter. I wasn't great at the whole romance thing but Lila was making me say things and act a way I never thought I would. Why did she make me so happy? Why did I get so jittery around her?

I knew the answer was simple and it was only three words. But there was no way I would commit and say those words when I wasn't even officially dating her yet.

She was wrapped up in my arms with her head on my chest. A few moments later her breathing evened out and I knew she was asleep. I knew this was what I wanted; for her to fall asleep and wake up in my arms. It felt too right.

Lila's Point Of View

I jolted awake to the sound of fists banging against a door.

"Lila! Nolan! Get up, we have to leave for Philly!"

"Shit!" I cursed and turned to wake up Nolan. "Nol, we're gonna miss our flight, wake up."

Nolan jolted awake and he looked at me with wide eyes before getting up and rushing over to his suitcase.

☓☓☓☓

i feel really evil. just a fair warning, it's gonna be a couple more chapters until nolina is official. trust me it will be worth it and it is going to be adorable.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

13.9K 269 27
Kolby Ryan Bair's(Bear), mom left the day after she was born. With nothing but her purse and a Walmart bag full of clothes, she vanished. Kolby's dad...
101K 1.8K 40
Megan Clifford. James Neal. Both are twenty-six years old. Doesn't sound that inappropriate, right? Wrong. Megan is the first female assistant coach...
4.1K 76 11
Short story /// Nicole is her own person. She does her own things. She is exactly who she is. However, that means being the daughter of Sidney Crosb...
93.4K 1.8K 38
*book two of the Counting On Hockey series. Read Just Another Goal prior to this book* Meredith and Cole are going into their Senior year of high sch...