The Kidnapped Bride

By MissyMustache

More

Ordinary Day
The Proposal
The Wedding Day
The Kidnapper
The Kidnapped Bride
The Escape
Meeting the Alpha
The Groom
Breaking Down the Door
Jealousy
Of Being Marked
Shopping
Finding the Bride
Followed
The Kidnapper Meets the Groom
Of Lunas and Nuns
The New Girl
Intoxicatingly Inlove
The Past
A New Friendship
Feelings
First Revelation
Second Revelation
Third Revelation
Fourth Revelation
Wolves
Facing the Past
Followed Again
Back to Normal
Another Happening
The Deal
Letting Go
Fulfilled
The Date
Girl Talk
Of Birthdays and Mates
Just Me :D meeeeh
Love and Hatred
Wrecked Car
The Visitor
Growing Hatred and Growing Love
The Other Alpha
The Second Mate
Obsession and Plans
Everything is Complicated
Moments
Chance Or Not
Any Other Way
Wolfsbane
Goodbye, I guess?
Just Me, Again
Life Goes On

The Engagement Party

27.7K 635 69
By MissyMustache

Hi everyone!

I had a fun time writing this one.

Sorry for wrong spellin/grammar.

×××

It's been a month since Alex's unusual marriage proposal. And everything has been hectic and we were all busy.

Everything is turning good, except for Alex's sister. She obviously does not want me for his older brother.

Jasmin, Alex's only sister, is a complete b-i-t-c-h. I met her just a few weeks ago. She came from Italy to attend his brother's wedding since she's studying Italian Cuisine.

Jasmin is a pretty girl. According to Alex, she just turned 19 last month. She has a pretty hazel eyes which flatters her dark blonde hair. She's got a curvy shape and she was also my height.

At first everything was decent until Alex left us two to talk.

"Hi" I said wanting to open a conversation with her.

"I don't like you" she said with a straight tone.

Yaay! Way to welcome your future sister-in-law.

I just looked at her, my eyes narrowing.

"You look like a donkey" she said.

"Excuse me?" I said staring at her, wide-eyed.

"From the looks of you, adding up your background, I don't know what my brother saw in you" she added without blinking.

I was taken aback about what she said. Oh wait, this bitch is really asking for something.

"Maybe I was just awesome" I simply said ignoring her comment on me.

"Awesome in bed?" she replied disgustingly.

"Yes, and that's something I can be proud of. Making your brother moan in extreme pleasure" I snapped before turning my back on her.

What I said was a complete lie. I never slept with Alex or anyone. I am still a virgin. Alex is a gentleman to make moves on me that's why we only ended up kissing. I only said that to Jasmin because she was getting on my nerves.

"What a slut" I heard her say in a low tone but I ignored her and continued walking.

If she wasn't Alex's sister, I would gladly introduce her to my clenching fist. I don't want to make it hard for Alex, making him choose between me or her sister. And I'm sure I don't want to come to that point.

We had our engagement party. It was held in one of the poshest hotel in town. The walls are painted in light cream and has a light silver moulding. The ceiling was covered in crystal lights which looked so pretty. The tables were arranged in a circular way making a good dance floor space in the middle. An elevated stage was on front along with the music band on its side. Perfect.

Alex's family were all there. I only have some few friends including my closest friend, Holly. Six to be exact. I only knew few people that's why mostly people who knew Alex occupied the guest list.

Holly has been my partner in crime in highschool so we are really that close. But she has to move to the northern part of the state because she married early. Anyway, she had time so she came. And I'm thankful aboiut that.

I was wearing a dark red tone off-shoulder dress that has a slight long train. It has a diamond cut trimmed in the back uncovering my flawless skin. The bodice with hand-accentuated beads fit me perfectly. My hair was tightly in a bun with no stray hair. The make-up artist gave me a light make-up to make me look more classic, elegant. And I can say she really did a wonderful job. I gasped as I looked at the mirror.

"I'm stunning" I said to myself then giving the make-up artist a praising smile.

"Oh my gosh! Darlene, you are totally hot!" screamed Holly as she went around me in circles.

"You look amazing, too" I said and gave her a hug. Holly was wearing a simple long white gown with black accents.

I remembered some of our high school memories. It was fun being with Holly. We sometimes cut classes to go stalk his crush then, now his husband. We would also skip class to sell charity tickets then we would receive free meal stubs. Yes, both me and Holly are poor. She also came from an orphanage but not the same as mine.

We weren't the popular kids back then. We are what they call the ignored unworthy kids. Some of our classmates back then would tease us because we buy our clothes from thrift shops or even eat from free meal stubs. But that didn't bother us.

Holly married a promising lawyer and now I'm marrying a rich doctor. We have a good catch, don't we? In their face!

Back to the engagement party. Alex fetched me in the room where I was. His mouth was in a wide 'o' when he saw me. He held me by the waist and whispered, "You are so lovely, Mrs. Gonzaga".

I giggled.

Alex was wearing a black tux with a dark red polo inside just like mine. He look so darn handsome.

"You, Mr. Alex Gonzaga, is a pretty man yourself" I complimented but he frowned.

"What?" I asked trying to stop my giggling.

"I don't like the 'pretty man' thing. I like the word 'hot' better" he smiled and I pinched his side. We ended up laughing.

As we step on the party, I saw Mr. Gonzaga (Alex's Dad) and Jasmin was with him. He prefers if I call him dad. He gave both me and Alex a hug. Jasmin gave his brother a hug and she gave me a threatening look.

"The bride-to-be is lovely" Alex's dad said and gave out a wide and calming smile.

"Her head's going to pop" Jasmin said in a low voice but she made sure I heard it.

"Jasmin" warned Alex.

"What?" she said in an irritated tone.

"Enough" said Alex in a firm tone before yanking me away from his dad and sister.

"I'm sorry" he sighed.

"It's okay" I assured him. We went to were we are supposed to be seated.

The emcee announced our arrival and everyone stood up to clap. The program went slowly but smoothly. Everyone was welcoming and friendly. Except for one.

After the party, I excused my self from Alex and his friends and went to the comfort room. I was washing my hand when Jasmin entered. She was wearing a sweet innocent smile but I know what she's up to.

"Hi there, Darlene" she sweetly said.

"Hey" I said cautiously.

"You're a good actress" she started, the smile wearing off quickly.

"What is it now?" I said grabbing a tissue paper from the tissue holder before facing her.

"You fooled everyone but you are not going to fool me" she gritted her teeth.

"I don't know what you're talking about" I said and moved passed her.

"You gold digger!" she shrieked and grabbed my hair pulling it down and me falling on my butt. I screamed from pain and shock. She continued to pull my hair and dragged me to the corner of the comfort room.

I fought and punched her right through her face. She loosened her grip and pressed her hands on her bleeding nose.

"You don't mess with me!" I said pulling myself up.

"You bitch!" she cried before attacking me again but I dodged her flying fist. Instead, my left hand turned into a ball caught her cheek. She dropped on the floor and that's when Alex and some of his friends entered the scene. They heard us screaming so they went here to check if everything's alright. And there, they saw me standing with my left arm clenched and Jasmin lying unconsciously on the floor.

"Shit. Darlene! Jasmine!" Alex gasped and went straight to her sister. She pulled her into his lap and tapping her cheeks gently wanting to wake her up.

I suddenly felt guilty but Jasmin asked for it.

"What happened here?" Alex's dad said in a confused tone. When he saw her daughter down on the floor, he gave me a scary look before approaching Jasmin.

"Alex, I'm s-sorry" I stuttered before leaving the room in a flash. I heard Alex call my name but I ignored him. My mind was in a blur. My eyes won't stop spilling water.

I don't know what to do. I don't know what to think. Everything is ruined. I know Alex and his dad is mad at me now. The wedding might be called off.

I ran and ran. Ignoring the crazy stares I receive from everyone on the street. I know my hair was in a total mess and so is my make-up. I might look like the high school prom queen a.k.a serial killer on the loose. It's a good thing no one called the police to arrest me.

I stopped on a park where Alex and I used to go and relax. There were no one around except a couple seated on the bench in the far corner. I choose to sat on a bench near a cupid fountain. I removed my strappy heels and threw it on the ground. I clasped my knees near my chest and my tears started to pour like the waterfall.

I thought I would never cry again. But here I was, crying my heart out. I was really feeling bad.

If only I ignored Jasmin. If only I did not fight back. If only...

But I will never let myself be trampled or stepped on ever again. I had enough. I will and will always fight back. I'm a fighter.

I sat up and straightened myself.

"Don't cry, Darlene. Everything's going to be alright" I calmed myself biting my lip not to let the tear fall from my eye.

"Everything's going to be alright" someone copied what I said. I turnes to look and saw Alex smiling at me.

"Alex, I'm really sor-" my apology was cut short.

"It's alright. Don't worry about Jasmin, she's okay now" Alex said before sitting beside me.

I want to tell him that I wasn't sorry about Jasmin and she deserves what happened but I know it's better to keep my mouth shut. I just looked at him. He looked tired from running and the sweat running down the sideway of his face.

"I know Jasmin. She's really a pain in the ass sometimes. I'm sure she provoked you that's why it happened" he said sighing.

I agree. Your sister's a pain in the ass and yes, she provoked me. I only said that in my mind not wanting to worsen the situation.

"I'm really sorry Darlene, I hope you forgive her" he said looking me straight in the eye.

"Of course" I lied. How could I ever forgive that insane woman. She pulled my hair real hard leaving a bald spot on my head. Good thing it was in the covered area. Okay, maybe I'll forgive her after I shave her head bald. Kidding.

"Dang. You looked like a mad woman" Alex joked as he wipes the black tint from my cheeks and gave me a peck there.

I gently punched her on his chest making me smile.

"I love you" Alex whispered to me before holding me close to him, putting his arm around my shoulder.

"I love you back" I replied resting my head on his shoulder.

So the wedding's not off and I have Alex right here beside me. I smiled looking at the stars above.

***

There it goes.

What do you think?

Please do tell me.

Thank you once again for reading.

-M.M

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

255K 11.6K 23
All She wanted was a fresh start for her and her 2 children after the death of her husband. All He wanted was to do right by his pack and prepare hi...
13.1K 420 22
Genesis Wolfe was kidnapped and tortured for 10 years. After finally escaping she meets her mate. He doesn't want her and then she leaves and starts...
209K 7.2K 49
"Who are you?" She stopped just when her hand made contact with the door knob. "Alpha Isabel Martinez" she replied in a voice that wasn't hers. Dylan...
631K 22.2K 40
Emma was raised to be the perfect luna. She's caring and sweet, feisty and protective. Her pack loves her and she them. Everything changes on her se...