A Dish Best Served Cold {KHR}

By randomcitizen_58

After years of seeing their precious boss being bullied by their class, the Guardians, Reborn, the Vongola Fa... More

Target 1 - Beginning
Target 2 - Airport
~Halloween Omake Special~
Target 3 - Flight
Target 4 - Vongola
Target 5 - Enter, Arcobaleno!
Target 6 - Allies Appear
Target 7 - Vongola's Strongest
Target 8 - Calm Before the Storm
Target 9 - Let's Do It: Vongola Style Pt. 1
Target 10 - Lost Within Mist: Vongola Style Pt. 2
Target 11 - Dates and Torture: Vongola Style Pt. 3
Target 12 - Plain Pain: Vongola Style Pt. 4
Target 13 - The Omerta
Target 14 - Storm: Flames Pt. 1
Target 15 - Rain: Flames Pt. 2
Target 16 - Sun: Flames Pt. 3
~Christmas Omake Special~
Target 17 - Lightning and Cloud: Flames Pt. 4
Target 18 - Mist: Flames Pt. 5
Target 19 - Back to Namimori
Target 20 - Epilogue
~Target - Author's Note: Please Read {LONG}~
THANK YOU SO MUCH <333

~New Years Omake Special~

2.1K 78 17
By randomcitizen_58

Tsuna's POV:

I sighed, looking down at the kimono I was wearing. It was a simple, sunset orange kimono with a black hem, black belt and red details which were created with embroidery thread. The sleeves were long, just about revealing my fingertips but length-wise the kimono covered my ankles.

My feet were left revealed, where I was wearing golden sandals with black and red details and a pretty red carnation. We were back in Japan- me, my guardians and Reborn -to spend New Years with my parents and the kids. Besides, most of my guardians had family they wanted to see.

I looked around my room once more, feeling a wave of nostalgia hit me before I took a deep breath and walked downstairs. My mother looked stunning in her kimono:

It was a light, pale powder pink with bright and bold Sakura flowers dotted across it. The hem was a darker pink, and the belt matched. The sleeves on her kimono stopped at her wrist, the length of the kimono being just short enough to show her ankles.

Her feet were decorated with bright pink sandals which had various, small, purple flowers. She wore a headband in her hair which had a purple base, and a large, full, pink rose off to the side. Her short hair was half-up, half-down.

My father, on the other hand, wore a dark blue kimono with light blue flowers which I could not recognise decorating it, along with small robins here and there. The hem was an indigo, the belt matching and the sleeves stopped at his wrists like kaa-san's.

The over-all kimono stopped at his ankles. He wore plain indigo sandals, and a dog tag necklace around his neck. "Ah, Tsu-kun you look wonderful!" Kaa-san complimented. I smiled softly. "If anyone should be getting compliments, it's you kaa-san. You look stunning," I said sincerely.

She blushed and denied it slightly before tou-san joined in on my side. While they were having their little moment, I walked towards the living room where sure enough, I saw Reborn. His hair was (surprisingly) free of his fedora.

He was wearing a black kimono with red camellias and golden details embroidered into the fabric. The belt and hem were also black, almost blending into the rest of the outfit if it weren't for the slight raise in the material.

The sleeves went slightly past his wrists, but not so much as mine did, and the kimono hid his ankles. He wore black sandals with a red and gold camellia flower decorating them. He was also wearing a dog tag necklace around his neck.

"You look handsome," I blurted out, making him look at me. His eyes softened and he smiled. "You look beautiful," he retorted. I smiled and blushed, looking at the time quickly. The festival won't start until half an hour yet, so we decided to meet up with the others.

Lambo soon came downstairs, in an emerald green kimono with white lilies spotted across it. The hem was the same colour, with the belt being only a shade or two darker. The sleeves only reached his elbows, with the kimono revealing his ankles.

He wore plain green sandals. I-Pin wore a pale, salmon red kimono with dark red roses around it, accompanied by small daisies. The hem was a slightly brighter red, with a matching belt. The sleeves covered her hands like they did in her usual outfit as well.

Her kimono only reached to her knees, giving it a girlish flare, and her feet were covered by pale red sandals with a brighter red, rose decoration. Her hair had plastic roses threaded into it, winding through the braid.

Fuuta followed with a pastel blue kimono, which was fairly plain. The hem and belt were a darker and bolder colour of a similar hue. The sleeves were slightly longer than his wrists, with his kimono stopping at mid-ankle. He wore basic blue sandals.

"Are you ready to meet the others?" I asked. They all nodded and we set off, to get my guardians.

Hayato wore a deep red kimono with crimson red embroidered details. The hem and belt matched the embroidery in colour, as did the plain sandals he wore. The kimono was quite long, slightly swishing over the tops of his feet and the sleeves were just the right length for his arms.

Takeshi wore a beautiful, ocean blue kimono with navy embroidery, hem and belt to match. His sandals were indigo with a small seashell decal in the corner. It reached his ankles, and the sleeves just reached past his elbow.

Onii-san wore a bright yellow kimono with orange embroidery, and snapdragons decorating the kimono. The hem, belt and sandals he wore all matched the embroidery- the kimono was slightly short, showing the flesh of his ankles and the sleeves were also a couple of centimeters short of his wrist.

Hibari-san wore a grayish purple kimono with violet embroidery, and violets decorating the kimono. The hem was the same colour, with the belt being a bright violet. His sandals were a plain black, and the kimono was a perfect fitting.

Mukuro wore an indigo kimono with black embroidery. The hem was the same indigo, while his sandals and belt were black. The kimono was also a perfect fit like Hibari-san's, though Mukuro's seemed to reveal a bit more skin around the chest area (which he was no doubt going to get bitten to death for).

Chrome wore a similar kimono to Mukuro's, but the kimono was knee-length and her sleeves covered her hands entirely. Her hair was up as usual, but she had a pretty, dark reddish-purple dahlia hair clip in her hair and decorating her sandals.

Kyoko wore a simple pink and lilac kimono- pink base colour, lilacs sprinkled throughout with a lilac hem and belt, and lilac sandals which had pink roses on the sandals. The kimono was knee-length, with sleeves which went slightly past her wrists and a rose hair clip.

Haru's kimono was the same as Kyoko's, but the colours were reversed (lilac as base colour, lilac roses and pink accessories, etc.).

We all went to the festival, and went through the games. Hibari-san decided to patrol instead, which was understandable since he hated crowds, but he couldn't stop the festival from proceeding especially since it was for a holiday.

I felt slightly bad for him and asked if he wanted company, but he shook me off and just told me to (and I quote) "make sure those herbivores don't do anything stupid." I just nodded and he left almost immediately afterwards.

After a while, with kaa-san entertaining Fuuta, Lambo and I-Pin while everyone else went to different stalls and games, me and Reborn left the main group to go onto a large hill. We stayed there for a long time, with the others joining us later.

After we re-grouped, including Hibari, we made our way to the shrine and placed our wishes onto it. I smiled at mine, signing off with my full name, and hanging it up before walking off with my famiglia.

It wasn't long before we went back to that hill, sharing food and drinks along with stories and just generally talking with each other. I leaned against Reborn, smiling as he wrapped his arm around my waist and started to rub circles on my hip with his thumb.

I nuzzled the side of my head into his arm, bringing my legs closer and watching over my guardians and family. A lot has happened in the last three (slowly nearing four) years, and even though that's how long I've known everyone, it feels like I've known them all my life.

It's refreshing- an amazing feeling of belonging whenever I'm with them. Actually, it all started with the person who's now the most important person in my life; Reborn. I met everyone because of him, and went through so many adventures that I never would have went through if I hadn't met  Reborn.

Later on, he became something more; more than a farther figure or teacher, more than a friend or best friend and I couldn't be any happier. Everyone in the Vongola is kind and caring, they all are very accepting and became over-protective of me quickly.

Even people associated with the Vongola, who didn't meet or see me once until the inheritance ceremony which happened two (almost three) years ago, had become over-protective of me and always found loopholes or excuses to meet with me through the holidays.

It was nice. Meeting new people, and being involved in something bigger is so exhilarating. Though, I don't appreciate the fights against enemy famiglias. The fighting between my guardians is something I would consider a common place event at best!

Four years ago, if you told me that I could stop Mukuro and Hibari from fighting and even give them a one-sided fight, I would have either laughed in your face or shrieked and cowered away. It's surprising how much had changed.

God, I was so pathetic four years ago- shrieking at everything, denying my place as Decimo and boss of a mafia famiglia, being insecure and not confident in anything... Those were all things I would use to describe myself back then.

Granted, I don't think I'm very confident as a person (in my boss mode is a very different story), but the insecurities have toned down a bit since then. The bullying will always leave insecurities creeping into my mind, but being around so many people that compliment me and encourage me have made it better than it was.

I still blush and get flustered at compliments- I don't think I'll ever fully be used to those -and Reborn still likes to bump up my training. There used to be training on the weekends as well, but ever since we started dating the training has been strictly Mondays to Fridays only.

Between you and me, Reborn changed it because whenever I got up on the weekends he wouldn't let me get out of bed at all and would force me to stay to cuddle with him. This did change the timing of breakfast a little bit, with lunch being a little later than usual too.

I was snapped out of my thoughts when Reborn kissed my forehead making me blush. I looked up at him and smiled, to which he smiled back and put his head on top of mine. We watched quietly, loud cheering and chanting coming from the festival as they counted down the seconds to midnight.

"5..."

I looked up at Reborn in question as he took my chin, making me face towards him.

"4..."

He smirked, a playful glint dancing in his eyes.

"3..."

We leaned in closer, his eyes trained exclusively on my lips.

"2..."

My eyes fluttered closed, sighing and feeling Reborn shiver slightly at the warm air hitting the skin around his mouth.

"1..."

Our lips grazed, brushing against each other leaving slight tingles across my sensitive flesh.

"0!"

With that, Reborn pressed his lips against mine, our mouths moving in perfect syncronisation- flesh against flesh. It was slow and sweet, quite gentle compared to how intense they could get sometimes between us, which was a refreshing change.

My eyes fluttered back open as we parted, the popping and crackling sound of fireworks making us turn to the sky. The dark canvas, which was usually just speckled with small white dots, was now decorated with beautifully vibrant colours.

Reds, golds, greens, blues, purples, silvers, whites and other gorgeously tinted hues flashed across the sky for a couple of seconds before disappearing, seemingly flaking away at the edges before it revealed the background colour.

"Happy New Years," I whispered, smiling softly. Reborn took one of my hands with his free hand and intertwined our hands together, both thumbs rubbing circles on my flesh whether covered or uncovered. I placed our hands in my lap and kept smiling softly.

I watched my famiglia celebrate happily, conversing and hugging. I then remembered the wish I wrote onto the wooden plaque I hung up in the shrine.

I wish endless happiness for my famiglia. -Tsunayoshi Sawada.

--={&}=--

Hey guys :3

Did I interrupt your New Years celebrations with this three hour and twenty minute early special? Sorry :)

Let's be honest though, you're probably at some really awkward family and friends reunion for New Years right now, boredly looking at your screen so you're welcome guys.

Do you all have any New Years resolutions? I don't really make any for myself (like, ever) so I'm curious to see if you guys do have any. I do, however, tell my friends what I hope they achieve or get for the year to come.

2017 was definitely a long year of so many different trends and stupid things happening on Youtube. Speaking of which, I was watching WillNE's "This Year On The Internet" just now and I have to say, it summed it up pretty well XD

Thank you guys so, so much for making my year (even if it only was the last couple of months) filled with love, whether it was for me personally, my writing style or just this book. I don't think I can really express the amount of gratitude I have for you, dear reader, for even clicking on my book!

It really surprised me when people began to follow me, as an author, as well. It wasn't like anything I expected- I didn't even think I'd really get ten views on this book because of how old KHR is as an anime/manga, and just because the idea was so over used too.

But anyway, thank you guys so much and I definitely look forward to a 2018 filled with more comments from you guys :)

Ja ne~

-Bell

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

26.9K 1.3K 10
Sawada Tsunayoshi had died, and his Family is left crushed and devasted by the loss of their sky. Regret is a fickle thing, and Tsuna is trapped, una...
197K 5.1K 114
"The snow that can protect all, be all and do all, harming those who harms the family, even though it's heart is cold as ice, the Guardian of snow." ...
191K 5.6K 40
The Vongola and its allies are rumored to be overprotective of their boss/friend, the soon-to-be tenth Vongola boss, Sawada Tsunayoshi. However, no o...
163K 5.5K 14
SUMMARY: After Reborn informs that Tsuna and his classmate gonna go on a trip to Italy, they roar in happiness, thinking of the rare chance to travel...