ὄστρακα

By johnnedwill

Another collection of short pieces, random thoughts and things that occurred to me in the middle of the night. More

Copyright
Beholden
The Bull-Dyke Fiddle
Sybil
Homeotherms
Journey's End
Razzle Dazzle
The Fate of Carthage
January on the Mind
Fretting
Amended Rights
The Next Big Thing
Why Is The Jay More Precious Than The Lark?
I want ...
Visiting Hour
High Drama
Last Spring, First Spring
Dinner Time
Streaks
A Parliament of Owls
Ichiro and the Oni
Lost City
The Love of Medusa
If the Cap Fits

Foreword

22 2 0
By johnnedwill

For those of you not of a classical bent, the title of this collection, 'ὄστρακα', means 'shards of pottery'. In Ancient Greece the ὄστρακα or ostraca were pieces of clay or stone that were used as the notebooks of their day. People would use the ostraca to write things down on - usually small things of minor consequence.

However, just because something is insignificant doesn't mean that it won't be in the future. Ostraca have helped archaeologists learn new things about the societies that created them. In the same way, I hope that these pieces will contain something that might be worthwhile in the future.

John Nedwill

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.1K 314 20
This month, the Ooorah crew take on a sub-genre created right here on the hallowed pages of Wattpad. Drop by and read a veritable shedload of stories...
2.2K 89 28
Short stories that what ever come up in meh brain :3 HUGE WARNING! My story mostly have sex scenes and more stuff not appropriate for lil'ones.someti...
1.4K 49 15
Justa bunch of random one shots I write in the middle of the night. Some will be x readers others will just be short fanfic stories... Enjoy!!<3
2.8K 43 41
Short stories occasionally broken up by a headcanon idea that I'm sitting on writing. Also for me to get over writer's block.