Chameleon «Twilight Fanfic»

By Mikaela_Elvery

What sneaky creatures That can change their features An immortal being That's always fleeing Can change to a... More

Chameleon Background
[One: She's Back]
[Two: Old Chameleon New School]
[Three: Fantastic First Day]
[Four: Here To Help]
[Five: I'm Just A Friend]
[Six: Smart And Teasing Chameleon]
[Seven: Love Blooming?]
[Eight: Found You]
[Nine: Royalty]
[Ten: Going Down Memory Lane]
[Eleven: Heart to Heart]
[Twelve: Thanks For The Stay]
[Thirteen: New Friend]
[Fourteen:Home Sweet Home]
[Fifteen: Everyone is Safe]
[Sixteen: New Love?]
[Seventeen: No More Secrets]
[Eighteen: Attack]
[Nineteen: You Care]
[Twenty: New Motions]
[Twenty-one: La Push]
[Twenty-two: Date]
[Twenty-Three: Sunny Day]
[Twenty-five: Perfect Date?]
[Twenty-six: Let's save the human]
[Twenty-Seven: Darkness]

[Twenty-four: Finding out]

1.6K 42 1
By Mikaela_Elvery

"There are secrets that must be kept, but I couldn't hide them if it meant I could save you. If it means i can protect you than I would gladly show you my secret because I trust you and love you."

Chapter 24

I flew above, passing an all familiar car. I knew I was going to go straight to the area I thought Bella was going to be at. I smelled for her scent. It took a while but I stayed in a tree. Then I saw the guys starting to get there. All drunk. Two of their friends were coming down the alley way.

Bella you sure have amazing timing. I thought as I saw her start walking down the street.

I changed into a German shepherd. I wanted as I watch the guys circle Bella.

Their vile thoughts where all I could here. I purposely wanted to listen because I knew Edward would also be listening.

Men like this is what I hated. I was so ready to attack, but I had to wait.

The screech of tires were what notified me that Edward had arrived. I crept back into the shadows and waited until Edward left with a safe Bella.

That's when I stepped out of the shadows the drunk men were still riled up because of Edward.

I let out a low snarl and exposing the rows of sharp teeth and canines.

"What is this stupid dog doing." Said one of the guys.

I lunged at him biting onto his hand. Crushing his fingers. That's when they started trying to pull me off of him. I started scratching at everyone.

I released my bite and jumped at another. I caught his throat. I didn't care I want to kill them, need to. My instincts kept telling me I had to. I released snapping back and realizing what I had done.

My assault continued as I kept mauling them until I felt a knife come into contact with my side.

I let a whimper. It was too late though. I had already mauled everyone. I limped back into the darkness as the men left, heading straight to the emergency room.

I hope they get scars. This damn wound hurts. I need to shift again so it can heal. I thought as I changed into a black cat.

I began roaming the city. I followed the scent of food and was at a restaurant.

I noticed that Bella and Edward were about to walk in.

I tried to run past them, but Bella say me and tried luring me towards her.

"Come here kitty." Bella said as she bent down towards me.

Ugh , might as well. I'm happy to see her safe. I don't know how Edward would be like if she weren't.

I walked over to her and rubbed my head on her outstretched hand and purred.

I moved away from her and walked and rub onto Edward's legs. He looked at me suspiciously, but I just turned and walked. I can tell he still needed to calm down.

I continued until I was at the docks.

Should I just be a fish or steal clothing. I decided on neither and continued back towards the woods.

I started my long walk back to Forks, but as a wolf. This let me think and made me miss Jake even more.

This is how I spent my next two days. I was in animal form, but I was a falcon and for the rest of the time. I followed Edward and Bella when they got close to the area I was in.

I knew that they would get together eventually and I wasn't jealous. I was actually happy.

My last night as an animal I spent it around the reservation.

I would catch Jake looking at his phone.

I'm sorry love, I needed a release I'll see you tomorrow. I thought as I went back to the Cullen's house.

The next day I was up in the trees sleeping until 3p.m. I was woken up by the familiar car engine coming down the winding road. Through the trees I saw Edward with Bella coming over to his house.

A date, best day to change back. If she knows about them and she's going to meet them.

I flew right back to where Edward balcony doors would be open, but the ones by the kitchen where also open and everyone was there including Bella.

I flew into the house like that. I went straight for the stairs and up into the bathroom.

I closed the door and shifted back into a human. The feel of legs and a body felt so strange for me.

"Why did a Falcon just fly in and why didn't anyone do anything?" I heard Bella say from downstairs.

I let a chuckle escape my lips as I began looking over my body.

"You'll see." Was all Edward said.

I looked into the mirror and saw that my face and hair was dirty. I began to take a quick shower. Knowing to keep it short because I knew Bella was still wondering about that Falcon.

While I was taking a shower I heard that Alice had come back with Jasper.

I quickly put on my clothes that had been washed and folded now where I had left them.

"Thanks Esme." I said outloud. My voice still sounding strange.

I dried and brushed my hair and then the sound of breaking glass sounded through. In this moment I was so glad that I wasn't mortal, because the entire time I had used my speed to get ready.

I left the bathroom and began to descend downstairs at the moment when there was a comtion.

"I'm sorry I knew you don't eat." Bella said defending herself.

I replied before Rosaline could. "Don't worry Bells. She's just mad because she thinks this will end badly. And Esme thanks so much for cleaning my clothes, feels great to be back. Don't waste the food I'll eat it. I'm starving." Everyone turned and looked at me.

"I was wondering what time you were going to come down." Emmett chuckled at me.

"What is she doing here?" Bella said as she looked at me.

I walked over to where Esme and Carlisle were. "I'm sorry I would have come down sooner, but I wasn't going to look like I've just came from the woods, even though I did. I was that falcon that came through." I told her as I picked up a piece of the chicken.

"You where that bird. How?" She said looking shocked.

"Want to have a tour of the house?" Edward asked Bella as he tried to pull her away.

"After she explains what she is." She said looking at me defiantly.

"A chameleon. Let your little boyfriend explain." I told her and Edward steered her towards the house.

Esme got me a plate of the food she made for Bella. I dug in as the other's watch me.

"Why do you always come here?" Rosaline said as she picked up the mess she made.

"Because i'm family. Esme this is delicious." I said as I finished the food and left a mad Rosaline.

I understand her anger towards me, but she needs to lighten up and be happy.

I went upstairs to explain myself to Bella.

I knocked on the door frame.

"Hey. I'm sorry. I know there's no excuse to how I acted. I just came to see if you're interested in what I am. I'll answer your questions." I told her trying to be civilized. The animal instincts telling me to kick her out, because I consider this my territory.

"Well Edward tells me you're royalty, but why are you here? Don't you have a kingdom to worry about?" She said with sas.

Should have known she'd act like this.

"I'm not home because one, my parents are control freaks that would rather have me waste away with grief and boredom at home than be out living my life. Two they just want to exploit me. Anything else?" I rolled my eyes.

"What exactly can you do?"

"A lot of things actually. I change everything about me. I am more advance than a shifter. I can also change my entire I physiology to accommodate my shift. Like I can change everything about me into a vampire, but it's painful because I have to be dead. No heartbeat no bodily movements. I can only be like that for some days. We also have a sort of magic we can use. There's also an ability us royals have and it's Tha anyone has to follow our command doesn't matter if it's against your will. It's a very nasty trick if I do say so myself." I finally turn back to Bella because I was walking around his room.

She looked paler than usual. Maybe I scared her. Good.

"So you're stronger than vampires. Why aren't there more of you?" She asked questioning me.

"That's because vampires get a high off of our blood it also makes them stronger. So you can guess why we don't like to be out. Mostly everyone stays in the kingdom where it safe."

"Oh so is this how you originally look?"

Finally a fun question.

"Yes and no. I hide my features that give me away. Also I don't think people would approach me. Want to see?" I asked finally wanting to see if she'll react to it.

She just nodded.

While her stare burned into me. I felt the familiar feeling of my canines elongating and my ears coming to a point.

A gasp escaped her mouth as I grinned at her.

"So what do you think?"

"They're cool, I see why you'd hide them though. Also why do you have fangs?"

I was sorta shocked at how calm she was.

Edward just chuckled.

"They're for status and predatory purpose." I said not finding this amusing anymore.

"Are you done with keeping Bella from her tour?" Edward asked.

He hadn't interrupted the whole time and I was sorta happy for that.

"Actually one more question. Why are you with Jake?" She said in a protective tone.

"I care for him. Why else would you be with anyone. We also have a date later. I haven't seen him in two days and I'm missing him." I told her truthfully.

"Does he know?"

"No I don't want him to get involved." I told her.

She seemed satisfied with my answer and faced Edward again.

I took this as my cue to leave. So I grabbed my phone that I left behind some books and left.

Does she know we dated? I thought to Edward.

No. I don't know what she'll think.

You should probably tell her. I don't want her to find out on her own. If she doesn't mind that you're a vampire, I don't think she'll mind your pass. I truthfully thought back to him.

Alright.

I went downstairs and said goodbye to the rest of them.

Author's note
Hope you enjoy.
I spent most of my Thanksgiving looking in my room typing.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

9K 273 45
---Completed--- Laura Winters has an ordinary life - well she had an ordinary life. That changed the day the werewolves attacked her. Now Laura...
94.3K 3K 37
"It wasn't too hard to figure out that you were the one. Imprinting on you only just set it in stone." In which a shapeshifter...
217K 5.9K 43
-CURRENTLY UNDER EDITING!- Renesmee had a twin that everyone loved. but she was more human and they had to give her up. Renesmee loved her sister- in...
7.4K 182 53
***fluff*** mpreg? George has been a vampire since birth and the only people that know are John, Paul, and Brian. Both John and Paul are supernatura...