The Power Bond

By keyleehargis

Book three in 'The Bond Series' This book is Ryker and his mate's perspective of the war and past that:) ... More

Before you read
Chapter One|| A little party never killed nobody
Chapter Two|| Out of breath and out of reasons
Chapter Three|| Snarky comments
Chapter Four|| Games
Chapter Five|| Training
Chapter Six|| Wolf in distress
Chapter Seven|| Shock
Chapter Eight|| Surprise Visits
Chapter Nine|| The McKinley crew
Chapter Ten|| A new beginning
Chapter Eleven|| Dante
Chapter Twelve|| Hot stuff
Chapter Thirteen|| Dante pt 2
Chapter Fourteen|| Preparing
Chapter Fifteen|| War
Chapter Sixteen|| Siren
Chapter Seventeen|| Kisses and Marks
Chapter Eighteen|| Dinners pt 1
Chapter Nineteen|| Girl in the forest
Chapter Twenty|| Renee Allister
Chapter Twenty One|| McKenzie
Chapter Twenty Two|| The Darkness
Chapter Twenty Three|| The woods
Chapter Twenty Four|| Say yes to the dress
Chapter Twenty Five|| Dimitri
Chapter Twenty Six|| Heartbreak
Chapter Twenty Seven|| Figuring Out
Chapter Twenty Eight|| The Christmas Ball
Chapter Twenty Nine|| Teaming Up
Chapter Thirty|| Visions
Chapter Thirty One|| Weak
Chapter Thirty Two|| Its all over
Chapter Thirty Three|| Date Night
Chapter Thirty Four|| Best Friends
Chapter Thirty Five|| Tied Down
Chapter Thirty Six|| Here Comes Mommy
Chapter Thirty Seven|| Mommy Issues
Chapter Thirty Eight|| Taking Risk
Chapter Thirty Nine|| The Big Day
Chapter Forty|| Settling in
Chapter Forty One|| Back to Work
Chapter Forty Two|| Sad Times
Chapter Forty Three|| It's Not Fair
Chapter Forty Four|| Time
Chapter Forty Five|| It's Going to be Okay
Epilogue
Next Book

Chapter Eighteen|| Dinners pt 2

82.5K 3.3K 426
By keyleehargis

Before we get started there WILL be Italian (Sorry if I butcher it) in this chapter so for a quick guide:

Bambino- Child

Figlio- Son

Sì- Yes

zucca- pumpkin 

Other longer ones will be translated in A/N at end.

{Madeline's POV}

I sighed running my hands through my curly mess of hair and looked over my dress. I think I look presentable. 

I heard the door creak open and I turned seeing a freshly clean Raven. 

"You dress up swell." She said and I smiled looking down at my outfit. 

"You think so?" I asked and she grinned walking over to me. 

"I know so. Mother will love you." I beamed up at her. 

"Oh goddess, I hope so. I don't think i've ever been so nervous in my life." I admitted. 

"Well, get over it... mainly because they're here." She said and my eyes widened. 

"Don't fret, you'll be fine." She said linking her arm with mine and we slowly headed downstairs. 

As we descended I watched as Ryker hugged a woman slightly shorter than him. She was gorgeous. A man stood next to her with his head held high and I gulped at the aurora of power that surrounded them. 

They turned and Ryker smiled up at me. 

"Ah, here they are." He spoke and I smiled nervously as we wade our way to them. 

"Hello, love." Ryker said placing a kiss on my cheek and I blushed looking to his parents. 

"It's so nice to meet you, I'm Madeline." I said sticking my hand out. 

"Oh, darling." She said and ignored my hand and pulled me into a hug. 

"Im a hugger, and please, call me Karen." She admitted and relief washed over me as she pulled away. At least she isn't mean... yet. 

"Nice to finally meet the woman my son goes on and on about, call me Charles." His father spoke as he stuck out his hand and I smiled shaking it. 

"Only good things I hope." I said glancing at Ryker who stared at me with a smile and shot me a wink. 

"Oh good things indeed. My favorite in particular is when you apparently ran from him when you first met." He said and I stared agape looking at Ryker who only grinned sticking his hands in his pockets. 

"Oh my." I mumbled. 

"Oh don't be ashamed, dear. That only made us like you more." His mother joked and he father chuckled nodding in agreement. 

Their eyes slowly drifted to Raven and their mom smiled. 

"It's good to see y'all talking again." She said and I could note the tension. 

"I've missed you, mamma." Raven said and her mom's eyes glazed over. 

"I've missed you too my bambino." She said raising her arms and Raven ran quickly into them. 

"It's good to have you back, zucca." Their father spoke and I wanted to awe at the moment. 

"Well, shall we go to dinner before it gets cold?" Ryker asked as they pulled away wiping the happy tears. 

"Sì." She spoke and Ryker held his arm out and I linked mine with his as we headed towards the dining room where the amazing smells were creeping from. 

Ryker pulled his chair out for me and I gladly sat as maids came around with food asking what we wanted and how much, but I noticed Ryker only had the maids out now that his parents were here. I barely see them usually. 

After Ryker pulled off his jacket to his suit and placed it on the back of the chair he sat and looked to his mom. 

It was quiet as Karen cut into one of the ravioli and Raven and Ryker both waited silently as she took a bite. 

"Fantastico." She said and I heard Ryker let out a breath of air and started to dig in. Man, that was the most serious i've ever seen him. 

"I have to admit. The night Ryker called me up explaining he had found his mate, I was shocked." Charles said and I nodded. 

"Me too." I joked and everyone let out a chuckle. 

"So Madeline, tell me about yourself, what pack did you come from?" Karen asked and I quietly sat down my fork. 

"Im from the Royal pack." I said and her eyes widened. 

"Wow, you're a royal? That's incredible. Did you see the king a lot?" She asked and I nodded smiling. 

"Actually, he's my cousin. He was like a brother to me." I replied and she smiled and shook her head. 

"That is amazing." 

"Indeed." I answered resuming my eating. 

"So, when do you plan on becoming luna?" She asked and I looked to Ryker not knowing the answer. 

"Soon." He said and Charles lifted a brow. 

"Well assuming you've marked her and by the looks of it, she has marked you, I would picture it was happening days from now." Charles spoke and I gulped feeling my cheeks heat up. 

"She marked you?" His mom asked furrowing her brows. 

I looked to his neck wondering how his father could see it and sure enough it peaked out just a tad under his shirt. If he wouldn't have left the first two buttons undone or left on his coat you wouldn't have saw it... which means he wanted them to see it. 

"She did." He replied sipping his wine. 

"I've never heard of an alpha letting his mate mark him." Charles said and Ryker sat the glass down and gave his signature smirk. 

"I guess us alphas are ahead of the game." He said and looked to me feeling my uneasiness. 

"As for Madeline becoming Luna. I've planned a date near Christmas. I feel the annual ball I have will be a perfect night to do it. I was planning on telling her but looks like you beat me to the punch." He mumbled going back to his wine. 

"Christmas? That is nearly two months from now." Charles spoke and Ryker nodded. 

"Now that the war is over, I feel that Madeline and I have some down time to... get to know one another better. I don't wish to rush things, nor does she." He replied. 

I smiled in appreciation that he was considering my feelings. 

"Well, we'll be here no matter the time." Karen spoke with a smile before sending a glare to her husband. 

"Thank you, mamma." He said and she nodded. 

"Oh we have to do the traditional flower crown! Madeleine, tell me, what are your favorite flowers?" She asked. 

"Uh, flower crown?" I asked glancing to a quiet Raven who looked up at me. 

"It's what every generation luna from the power pack has done for the past hundred years. You give the luna before you your favorite flowers and she makes you a flower crown that you'll wear the day you become luna." Raven spoke and Karen nodded eagerly. 

"Oh uh.. I like roses but any flower to me is perfect." I said shyly. 

"Oh I just love her already, Ryker." Karen said beaming at him. 

"Me too." He said and I smiled at him. He's been cheesy tonight... is he high? 

"Raven, bambino... Where is Jared tonight?" She asked and I looked to Raven who shrugged. 

"We got into an argument last night and haven't spoken all day." I almost had forgot Jared and Raven were together. He was always so quiet the time he spent here with the McKinley Crew. 

"Im sorry to hear that, zucca." Charles said and I looked between the too. 

Yeah, she was a daddy's girl and Ryker's a momma's boy. 

***

Dinner was actually pretty good. The conversation seemed to always be flowing and no awkward or embarrassing moments really happened. 

"We better head out." Karen spoke as Charles linked their arms together. 

"Where are you staying? You know you're always welcome here." Ryker said standing by my side. 

"Oh! We are staying here in the pack at our old house." Karen replied and he nodded. 

"Well, if you need anything, please let me know." He said and pulled her into a hug placing a kiss on her cheek. 

"I will, figlio." He pulled away and gave a sharp nod to his father as Karen walked up to Raven and me and pulled me into a hug. 

"It was an honor to meet you, Madeline.  I can already tell you'll bring great things to this pack as luna." I hugged her tightly and pulled back as she moved to pull Raven into a hug. 

"You come see me, love." She said and Raven smiled. 

"Of course, mamma." 

I watched the two figures walk out the front door and the second it closed all three of us let out a breath of relief. 

"I haven't been that ... calm. In a long time." Ryker mused. 

"More like, you haven't went that long without being a narcissistic brat." Raven said and he rolled his eyes and pointed towards the door. 

"Feel free to leave now." He said and I chuckled shaking my head. 

"Lucky for you, Lachlan needs me." She said and I gave her a confused look. 

"What's wrong?" I asked. 

"Oh, nothing to worry over. Another fight between her and Dante, the usual." She said and I sighed. 

"Poor thing." 

"I know. Dante just doesn't have a filter, so what's on his mind comes out and not in the best way usually. I must go before she text again, it was good to see you both." She said. 

"See you around." Ryker replied and I waved as she left. 

"Well, tonight wasn't completely disastrous." I admitted and Ryker chuckled walking up to me and wrapped his arms around my waist. 

"Have I said how ravishing you look tonight?" He asked and I placed my finger on my chin humming. 

"No, no I think you haven't." I mused and he grinned. 

"Very." He replied leaning down to capture my lips and I grinned into the kiss pulled him closer as he let out a growl of satisfaction. 

"Oh get a room!" I heard a thick accented voice said and I quickly pulled away seeing Alessia standing there and let out a laugh. 

"There is that old pesky investor on the phone and I can't deal with him." Alessia said and Ryker nodded and looked to me. 

"Duty calls." He winked and placed a kiss on my forehead before jogging up the steps. 

"You naughty girl. By the way, I knew everything would work out between the two of you." She said grinning before she spun on her heels heading toward the kitchen. 

______________________________________________________________________

If you don't remember Alessia is Ryker's beta!

I promise the next chapter will be 10x better ;) 

Thoughts on his parents? 

She'll be becoming luna soon.. ahhh

This is who I pictured as his mom (Mary Steenburgen) 

Picture the father as you like!

VOTE 

COMMENT

SHARE 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

198K 5.3K 57
Book 4 in the Redemption Series. FINISHED! Will edit once I'm done procrastinating. **** "You will always be my possession, but you're not an object...
2.8M 139K 46
Grace has spent the past two years locked up and held prisoner by Kellan and his rogues. Now that she is finally free she wants nothing more than to...
4M 141K 70
(Update: 2/25/19- This story was original called Alphas Red. Noticing there is so much to be added to this novel. I've decided to make it into a seri...
652K 34.2K 36
[IMPORTANT SEQUEL ALERT: Book #2 of 'The Lost One' Series] Love. That's what they had. He loved her and she loved him. Kaiden had never been as pro...