A Rose's Wolfe (RWBY Ruby X...

By Jay_Wolfe

young (y/n) doesn't really enjoy his current life. Nothing wrong with it, just boring as hell. His daily life... More

Prologue
Prologue 2
Acces granted
Making friends
Time to sleep
Prepare for lift-off
Initiation complete
Part of the team ... somewhat
Sparring matches
Jaune's struggle
Trouble in the team
OC and you
Protect what you love
Food fight of the century
A meeting with James
Looking for answers
Mistakes were made
Christmas 1
Christmas 2
Birthday special.
You're a Beach~
Sand help~
Rage and Remembrance
Not so Death Battle
Training [gone wrong?]
A new path & a strange headache
A much needed talk

A changed man

1.8K 29 11
By Jay_Wolfe

~+~Your POV~+~

After having gone to bed, I actually had a good night of sleep. It's been a while... Though some hyper red haired girl had to wake me up.

Ruby: (y/n)!!!! WAKE UP!!

This got me jumping up from my sleeping bag

(y/n): What's the emergency?!

She just stood there with the biggest smile on her face.

Ruby: Nothing~ I just had to wake you up, or we'd be late for the field trip.

I tried giving her a death-stare, which disappeared very quickly as she faked looking sad. WHY is she so damn cute?!

(y/n): You're very proud of yourself for waking me aren't ya?

Ruby: No, but I wouldn't have enjoyed the trip without one of my first friends

That hurt a little, dafaq? Why did that hurt? Why do I not know this feeling? Ruby seemed to notice my troubled face and ducked so that she could look me into the eyes. This led to her being awkwardly close to my face... We both stared into each other's eyes for a moment until we both looked away blushing.

After our little 'stare-down' I got changed into my combat gear. In the bathroom might I add. After that we walked towards the others.

Ruby: Ready?

(y/n): Yep!

Ruby: Then let's go!

(y/n): *silent* Why'd it have to be this day that I actually got some good sleep...

Ruby: Probably because yesterday you went ham on Cardin.

(y/n): I doubt that... Might be that I was pumped for today, though.

Ruby: That's probably it! I had that same feeling, but it caused me to wake up early.

While talking we didn't realize that we had almost arrived to the rest of the teams.

Guy: Sup.

Ruby: Morning!

(y/n): Good morning!

Weiss: You're late...

(y/n): Sorry... My bed was very comfortable tonight.

Weiss: Hmpf

(y/n): Aw, I'm sorry. Did I interrupt your beauty sleep by not waking up?

Weiss: Why you!

(y/n): Just kidding!

I had a small laugh together with yang. Guy just stood there, happy that I made a joke to Weiss, while Ruby and Blake didn't really care.

Yang: Come on, Weiss! Take a joke.

(y/n): I didn't even mean it to be hurtful... It was just a joke.

Weiss: Just this once, but no more jokes about or against me!

(y/n): *gulp* Yes m'am.

~+~Time Skip~+~

We had arrived in the forest of Forever Fall. This place REALLY lives up to its name. Not sure how seasons work here though... We were all following miss Goodwitch. But while following me and Ruby where running everywhere to adore the beauty of this place.

Ruby: OH MY GOD! IT'S SO PRETTY!!

(y/n): WHY DID I NOT KNOW THIS PLACE?!

While me and Ruby were still running around admiring the beauties of the forest professor Goodwitch continued her story.

Glynda: Yes students, the Forest of Forever Fall is indeed beautiful...but we are not here to sightsee. Professor Peach has asked all of you to collect samples from the trees deep inside this forest, and I'm here to make sure none of you die while doing so.

She then turned around to face our group. I could hear some jars jangling and turned to see Jaune walking into Cardin, who gave him an angry look to which he reacted by whistling innocently.

Guy: You notice something wrong with him too, don't you?

(y/n): Yeah... The thing I don't understand is why he's hanging around Cardin.

Guy: I doubt that's because he wants to be there.

(y/n): Could you keep an eye on him? I'm gonna scout the area.

Guy: You mean gawk over the forest together with Ruby.

I noticed my face heating up just a little, but I don't think that he saw it.

(y/n): you can't prove that...

Guy: You just did.

(y/n): God Damn it....

Guy: No worries, I won't tell anyone.

(y/n): As much as I hate the teasing, you're still my bro!

We then fist bumped and I joined Ruby's team for this appointment, while he joined team JNPR. For a team, we split up and awful amount of the time...

Meanwhile, Guy was busy trying to get Pyrrha to open up about what she knew about Jaune.

Guy: Hey guys, would you mind if I joined you for this trip?

Pyrrha: That won't be a problem.

Guy: So.... Any idea about what's going on with Jaune?

Pyrrha: I have no idea what you're talking about.

Guy: I hope that you're only lying to me, and not to yourself.

Pyrrha: Excuse me?

Guy: everyone knows that Jaune doesn't like Cardin, yet he still hangs out with him. I got assigned to find out why he does it.

Pyrrha: Assigned?
Guy: (y/n) asked me.

Pyrrha: That's a personal matter! You don't have any right to even ask!

Guy: As much as I'd like to agree, I promised my best friend! And it is my concern, seeing as he's my friend too!

Pyrrha: .....

Guy: Listen, I just want to help... My apologies for that outburst. I'd understand if you don't want to talk about it. Just forget I asked, okay?

Pyrrha: *silent* Thank you.

While they had their conversation, me and team RWBY were busy tapping sap from the trees. Which was pretty easy to be honest.

(y/n): Would you mind if I went and take a walk, I'm getting a little bored. Anyone want to join?

Weiss: No.

Yang: I'm still busy.

Blake: I'm good.

Ruby: Sorry (y/n).

(y/n): No problem, see ya later.

RBY: Bye.

As I walked around for a while, I noticed that I hadn't seen Jaune all day. This isn't really bad, unless you account for the fact that he was spending it with team CRDL...

Cardin: And you're gonna do it!

Speak of the devil. Just as I thought that they'd actually be nice for once, I heard Cardin. He stood on top of a small hill together with the rest of his team and Jaune. Jaune held a jar of sap in his hand, looking ready to throw it, while aiming it at me. I gave him a forgiving look, since he would most likely get beat up if he wouldn't do it. Even he seemed sad, but then his eyes turned to those of determination, which was more than a little confusing. He then lowered the jar, to say something to Cardin, after which he threw the jar at him.

(y/n): *in head* Jaune, you'll be alright.

I ran to where they were standing, and climbed up a tree. This allowed me to enjoy the show and help if needed. Meanwhile, Jaune was getting punched repeatedly by Cardin. I really wanted to slash at him, if not for the blinding light that appeared as Cardin tried to punch Jaune. Jaune had a bright white glow around him, signifying that his aura has been activated, which made me smile.

(y/n): *silent* Nice going mate.

Then, out of nowhere as loud roar was heard followed by another sound. I couldn't identify the other sound, as I'd never heard it before, but it sounded like some sort of roar. This second sound seemed a lot farther away though.

Then a huge Ursa came bursting through the forest, sending some trees flying. It bolted right for tea CRDL, who all ran away apart from Cardin. As Cardin prepared to swing his mace at it, the Ursa just swiped him away. Causing him to fall over. Jaune seemed to be in a internal discussion about saving Cardin or himself.

Then Pyrrha, Ruby and Weiss appeared in the bushes.

(y/n): Come on Jaune...

Ruby: (y/n)?

Weiss: Why are you here?

(y/n): Just enjoying the view... What do you think, I'm here to help Jaune in case he needs it.

As the Ursa wanted to end Cardin's existence Jaune appeared in front of him with his shield, confusing the grimm. He then proceeded to swipe his sword upwards to deal some damage to it, which only seemed to anger it.

I reached towards my back, just in case. Meanwhile, Jaune jumped over one of its attacks, which allowed him to get punched back over towards Cardin. Jaune then charged the Ursa, which resulted in him getting knocked back by simple swing of its paw. He stood right back up, while shaking just a little. He seemed to look at something on the back of his shield. After which he charged at the Ursa again. His shield seeming as dead weight as he had it at his side, until it radiated black and got placed in the perfect position. As the claw scratched past the shield, the Ursa was left wide open. Jaune then swung his sword hard and beheaded the Grimm. As we all stood there not completely believing that the one who just killed an Ursa was Jaune, Pyrrha's hand was seen coming back down.

(y/n): Semblance?

Pyrrha: Yes.

Ruby: What's your semblance pyrrha?

Pyrrha: Well, you have your speed. Weiss has her glyphs, (y/n) has shockwaves. I can control polarity.

Ruby: You can control poles?!?!

(y/n): I think she means polarity, as in magnetism.

Ruby: Magnets are cool too.

Pyrrha then started to walk away.

Ruby: where are you going? We should tell him what happened.

Pyrrha: We could do that. Or, we could just leave this as our little secret.

(y/n): I like that idea.

Then the sound from before was heard again, but this time it seemed a lot closer. As the grimm burst through the forest lining, we were able to get a good look at it. I looked like a huge gorilla with a lot of bone armor. Weiss and Pyrrha seemed shocked, while Jaune was still tired from his previous fight. The grimm went straight for Jaune, trying to take us down one by one. I grabbed my sword and ran right past the others, leaving them in a dust cloud. Just as the grimm was about to hit Jaune, my sword was placed in between Jaune and its fist.

(y/n): Move, go to the others!

Jaune: Okay.

As they ran away the grimm focused its attention completely on me. I sent a small slash wave at it to test how strong it's armor was. It left a scratch on its armor, but it didn't do any actual damage. Then Ruby came flying towards it, dealing some blows to it, which just bounced of its armor. It then ran right at Ruby, as I could feel my blood boil. It dealt a few powerful punches, which were all reflected by Ruby. The grimm then charged Ruby with its shoulder which was about to hit her. As she braced for the impact, I pushed her away and took the blow for myself, sending me flying towards some trees.

Ruby: (y/n)!!!

I got my back against one of the trees, as I could feel some blood leaking from my mouth. I tried standing back up, which I succeeded at with some help from the tree. I then charged for the grimm, grabbing my second sword, and swung both sending a powerful wheel of slash waves towards it. They cleanly cut its arm off, but left me pretty tired. Shit, only enough energy for one more blow As I charged towards it, it tried swinging its remaining arm at me, forcing me to jump over it. As I neared his head I placed my sword in a guillotine style around its neck. I used the last of my strength to cut the grimm's head of, but it succeeded.

(y/n): Finally...

I then fell down to one knee from exhaustion. Ruby came running right at me, as she finally broke out of her daze from seeing me flung away in her place. She jumped on me and hugged me tight making me blush.

Ruby: (y/n)! Are you alright??
(y/n): I'm okay Ruby, maybe just a little tired.

Pyrrha: I think you should go to the infirmary, you have some blood dropping down from your mouth. This would also mean that your aura has been depleted.

(y/n): Don't worry, I'm alright. Really I'm fine, I might need some help walking though. Ruby, would you mind?

Ruby: Of course I don't!

She helped me up and placed my arm over her shoulder. Then Professor Goodwitch and the rest of our teams came over.

Glynda: What happened?! Someone explain!! NOW!!!

(y/n): Jaune fought and Ursa and beheaded it. Then as we were ready to walk away this gorilla-like grimm showed up, so I cut its head of...

She was shocked at the mere mention of Jaune killing an Ursa, but had to believe it as everyone there seemed to believe it.

~+~Time Skip~+~

After we had gone back to Beacon, I had laid myself down in my sleeping bag to do absolutely nothing more, not even wanting to look at the homework for the next day. Meanwhile, Weiss was doing her homework. Blake was reading a book, while Ruby and Yang were just sitting on their beds.

(y/n): I wonder why so much trouble is going on last time. I actually hope it calms down a little.

Weiss: Agreed.

Yang: Seriously? All the trouble is the fun part! It makes school more exciting.

(y/n): You didn't get punched into a tree...

Blake: Whatever, it seems like trouble has its way of finding us anyways.

Ruby: Do not worry! Team RWBY can take on everything the world throws at us.

This statement made me chuckle a little, which caused Ruby to blush very, very faintly.

(y/n): Always the optimist, aren't ya?

Ruby: Always been, and always will be!

(y/n): He... anyways, good night ladies!

Ruby: Night (y/n)!

Yang: Night!

Blake: Sleep well.

Weiss:...

(y/n): Is there a problem Weiss?

Weiss: It's this equation... For some reason I don't see how I'm supposed to do this.

I stood up and walked over to her. As I looked over her shoulder I noticed that her equation wasn't even doable.

(y/n): You're right!

Weiss: Huh? But how am I supposed to fix it then?
(y/n): You aren't supposed to fix it, this is one of those where you need to see that it isn't doable.

Weiss: Thank you, (y/n). And sleep well.

(y/n): Thanks

;mso-ansi-la@QX

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

220 0 14
Disclaimer: I don't own RWBY, they belong to RoosterTeeth. I own Team LADR This is an au so somethings that happen in the show will not happen in the...
167K 1.3K 18
Weiss Schnee the Heiress of The Schnee Dust Company. (Y/N) (L/N) a man from a small town. She was born into wealth and power. He was born into povert...
674 13 19
Disclaimer: I don't own Rwby, they belong to RoosterTeeth, nor do I own the rwby images Team LADR I own. I couldn't think of how to draw the final t...
90.1K 905 15
The visions never faded from his mind. Of the ones he slew. Of the nightmares he endured. Of the one person he was supposed to protect. Would he ever...