I was, Psyche.

By TheLightBerry

This story is based on Greek Mythology. Psyche was the wife of Cupid. She was a mortal and an enemy to Cupid'... More

I was, Psyche

205 4 1
By TheLightBerry

She's a lovely girl when she was a child. Then she grew up more beautiful as time passed by.

Aphrodite once said "She usurp my honors."

I am Psyche the youngest daughter, which beauty isn't common among of all.

One of king's daughter whose face is like a snow and the lips are red as rose. The beauty which even the goddess Aphrodite envy for.

Men turned their devotion to my beauty. The fame of my beauty was so great even strangers looked at me and enjoy the sight but none of them dared to fall in love.

Why?

Even I, myself doesn't have the answer. My beauty that everyone says 'Ungodly'.

I'm not an immortal but the god Eros fell in love with me. I am the taught of 'What is love? if you can't trust.'

I came from a palace far away and here to tell the story of my pain. I didn't do anything to make everyone envy me, but why does my agony filled with pain?

As time passes by, my sisters got married with the kings from different island.

I am the one whose left behind. Am I destined to be left behind? Am I destined to be alone?

I woke up one day without a smile on my face, thinking that everyday my heart fills with ache.

The beauty of mortals soon will began to fade. Here I am alone, grieving in my lost faith.

"Oh, god and goddesses please spare me sometime! I need a man who'll made it through and survive!" Then the scenes from the past flashes.

I am the woman whose suitors always ended being ashes. All of them died by courting me. I don't even know the reason I just knew the pain in my agony.

Years ago, goddess Aphrodite sent her son Eros said "Punish that so repent, so unlawful beauty of her. Give her a pain that only love can cause."

He obeyed his mother command but he's wounded by his own arrow. He then get back to his mother and didn't say even a word.

He made a mistake that only mortal one is bound to make. Ashamed by his deed and not recognizing what he did.

Aphrodite's heart filled with happiness as her son return to her without even glances. His mother is contented knowing her son did her command. Little did she know something in the earth one wish will soon be fullfilled.

She quoted "Haughty girl, such an unworthy being." laughing and polishing her beauty once again. Her vicious smile is reflected in the mirror.

Return to Psyche whose life is full of sorrow. My father consulted oracle Apollo and received the answer "She's not destined for a mortal lover. Her future husband awaits at the top of the mountain. He's a monster whom neither god's nor men can resist."

Father said "I will lead you to the rock where unhappy fate was destined for you my child, dress up with a funeral clothes which will lead you to your future husband."

That moment I knew it's a matter of life and death. Choosing to be someone with the rest of your life or choosing to be alone living the mortal life.

Envy can be a root of evil. If someone envy's you, you should be ready for the consequences that he or she can do.

After doing what the god wants for me. We made it to the mountain top but my father leave me.

Upon the blue sky awaits my future. It's now or never.

"Take me where my man is. Either he's a monster nor a god. I know everything can be bind by love."

The storm is unbearable in the mountain. My sight was blinded by light. I only saw a shadow. Shadow of a man.

"Do you take me as your husband?" Said the shadow. Testing my trust I know I have the answer I am stunned by the voice but found myself answering "Yes." 

I touched the golden harp that was placed at the center of the table. After a mysterious marriage here am I.

I don't know what this place is but waking up with a ring in my hand feels surreal.

"Where is he? Where is your no king neither mortal husband?" My first sister said.

"I only heard his voice, I only see him at night but I can't look into his face."

The man I married named Eros. He warned me to see his face he said he'll allow me to see his face if i'll not tell them what he looked like.

"Don't you think he's a monster? You didn't even saw his face once! How rude of him that he can't be seen by his own wife?!" My second sister said.

It's true. I didn't even knew his face.

"Maybe he's not a fateful husband? Don't you doubt why he didn't stay here with you alone? You can't even touched your husband!" My first sister said.

I sigh heavily as too the questions burst in my head. I can't believe what am I doing but I am doubting him. He didn't even allow me to touch him, see him even be with him all the time.

He believes that marriage with love will work even without any contact and if you love someone you'll wait for the right time. When is the right time?

"Do you think he loves you at all? Maybe he only wanted to keep you, only because of your face." Second sister said.

"My poor little sister, don't worry. I have an idea. Tonight when you are both asleep bring a knife with you so that you will be safe. Cut his head off if he's a monster and leave him in this palace. Don't you ever forget us, Psyche. We got you. Live with us in the earth where you can live in the reality not a husband you can't even see." My first sister added.

A train of thought rushed in me and a foolish smile formed on my lips. We doesn't know the right time. I know every time i'm with him is the right time. I can look at him always. I need to do this because I am starting to doubt his love. I am doubting him if he even knew the right time.

He knew I trusted him but now I have my doubts. As the night approaches trusting him began to be a miracle for me. My head is full of doubts and thoughts.

I've wanted to follow my sister's order. He allow me to see my sisters. I know it's hard for him but he did because he loves me so much.

Didn't he?

He ordered me not to talk about him, but we can't. He is kind, sweet and caring but still remain mysterious. Who are you really Eros?

I am married with a man that I haven't even seen the face once. I am starting to be more curious. Did I married the right man? Cupid help me. I need your sign. Am I married with a monster?

I faked my sleep and I've waited a couple of minutes to make sure that he's asleep. I grab the lamp and a knife with me.

I place the lamp above him to see the better view of him.

'HE'S NOT A MONSTER! HE'S A GOD! I AM MARRIED WITH A GOD OF LOVE! CUPID IS MY HUSBAND!' I placed both my hands in my mouth to stop from screaming. I dropped the knife to my horror surprise.

A drop of burning oil felt on his shoulder.

"WHAT ARE YOU DOING?" He shouted and stunned by me.

I am shocked and can't even move my feet.

"I-I a-am c-curious a-about m-my h-husband's f-face..." I finally found my voice but I am shaking.

"A love cannot dwell with suspicion. Always remember that." He said.

Then he spread his wings.

"Where are you going?" I said shocked by his sudden movement.

"I inflict no other punishment will hurt you than seeing me leave." He said as he fled away.

He left me frustrated in the ground. I can't believe what have I done? The room is filled with mournful lamentations.

Love without trust is nothing. It isn't called love neither. I made a mistake for not trusting him. The right time is when I truly trust him. The right time is when I gave him my whole heart because he gave his and just waiting for trust in return.

Curiosity kills the cat.

How foolish am I to think that my husband is a monster and cut his head off? How stupid was I not to think about him, disobeying his mother's command just to marry me? The rule of the immortals isn't like us. He can't marry someone like me. That's why I am hidden in his palace. The right time is when he spoke to his mother that he has my trust and I want to be with him.

How foolish am I. Now he's gone all his efforts fades away.

I needed to do something. I need to fix the mess I made. I remember him saying "A love cannot dwell with suspicion. 

How was I suppose to love if I was full of doubts? But now how could I fight for someone who already gave up?

I need to find him. I need to explain. Then I found myself in the middle of the night sitting in the facade of Venus Temple.

"Mortal, are you here because you already lost your beauty? Are you here to beg for some of mine?" she asked. I felt anxious because I know she still doesn't forgive me for having this beauty as a mortal. I felt a little embarrassed as I am here asking her favor.

It's like asking you enemy something you can't have. I feel helpless but I needed to fight for my love. To fix things and to make everything right.

"I am here to see Eros. Please, let me explain" I said.

She raised her brows and sizing me.

"Explain what mortal? Isn't it enough that you've caused him too much pain? Poor little child. I told him not to fall in love with someone like you. I told him how foolish mortals is. I told him that you will only tricked him and I also told him that I want you wounded." Venus said as she roam around me.

I can't feel my feet. My legs wanted to give up. My heart is so much wounded for him. Then I feel a hot liquid starting to fall on my cheeks.

Is this the end?

"Cry if you want mortal but I will not let you see him again. Unless..." She pause looking at me.

"Unless, you are willing to do something." She continued.

I am desperate. I love him. I will do anything for him even if it cost me my life. I need to correct my mistakes.

"I will do anything! I will give anything I have! I love him. Please, I am begging!" I cried. I am desperate.

I didn't saw myself before standing in a temple, begging for forgiveness. I just saw myself thanking gods and goddesses but right now a goddess stand before me and I am begging for her pardon.

"Oh, interesting. You will do anything?" She said raising her brows.

The first task she gave me is as impossible as miracle but you would do impossible things for love. Even moving mountains.

I sorted a huge mount of barley, millet, poppy seeds, lentils, and beans. Ants (pismires) helped me to sort the grains within the time allotted.

I smiled. As I survived another task. 

Second, she said I need to gather a hank of wool by the shining golden sheep. A reed tells me how to accomplish my task without being killed by the vicious animals.

Third will be, Fill a crystal vessel with the water of the spring that feeds the Stynx and Cocytus. Good thing an eagle helps me out.

Going to the underworld will be a challenge for a mortal like me but Aphrodite asked me to bring her back a box of Persephone's beauty cream.

The voyage was easy, especially after a speaking tower told me how to find the entryway to the underworld, how to get around Charon and Cerberus, and how to behave before the underworld queen.

And now here was the box that has to be filled with additional beauty for her. I came to the underworld to reach Persephone. To do what Aphrodite's said.

I was curious of what this box offered. If the perfect beauty of the perfect goddess Aphrodite needed this beauty cream, how much more would it help an imperfect mortal woman? 

I am curious what's inside I hope she won't mind if I take a little. I retrieved the box and I opened it but my vision went black.

As if this was Aphrodite planned. What's happening? What was bound to happen?

He can no longer bear the absence of my presence. Eros found me sleeping in front of Aphrodite's temple.

He recovered from his wound. He closed the box which gave me a stygian sleep.

"Again, for the same cause because of your curiosity you almost perished yourself." he said as I opened my eyes slowly.

I looked straight into his eyes. "I'm sorry." I cried as he put me down from his arms.

"Don't cry my love. I am here. I understand you but please don't ever do that again. Don't be curious to anything. Trust me. Trust things. Don't you ever put yourself in danger again. Perform what my mother asked you and just trust me." he said as he spread his wings and flew away.

I offered the box into Aphrodite's temple.

"You really love my son don't you?" Aphrodite said. I nodded.

"I will gave you my permission in one condition." She continued.

"I want you to become immortal." She said.

Everything passed quickly. Eros begged Zeus to made Aphrodite's permission.

"Drink this ambrosia, Psyche. For the two became united as one and this mortal will become immortal starting now. For this nuptial shall be perpetual." said Zeus.

I drank the bottle he lend me. Starting from now. No more pain or loneliness. No more love without trust. Starting from now, I will become officially wife of Eros.

For this love is everlasting and bear a fruit named Pleasure.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

148K 6K 71
โžฝJust short love stories...โค โ‡โค๏ธ. โ‡๐Ÿ–ค. โ‡โ™ฅ๏ธ. โ‡๐Ÿ’™. โ‡๐Ÿฉท. โ‡๐Ÿค. โžฝ๐Ÿ’›Going on. โžฝ๐ŸฉตComing up [Ignore grammatical mistakes. I will improve my writing gradual...
90.4M 2.9M 134
He was so close, his breath hit my lips. His eyes darted from my eyes to my lips. I stared intently, awaiting his next move. His lips fell near my ea...
55.1M 1.8M 66
Henley agrees to pretend to date millionaire Bennett Calloway for a fee, falling in love as she wonders - how is he involved in her brother's false c...
102K 330 23
fetish แ€–แ€ผแ€…แ€บแ€แ€ฌแ€แ€ฝแ€ฑ แ€แ€ปแ€€แ€บแ€–แ€ผแ€…แ€บแ€แ€ฒแ€ทแ€แ€ฒแ€ท roleplay แ€แ€ฝแ€ฑ แ€แ€€แ€šแ€บแ€–แ€ผแ€…แ€บแ€–แ€ฐแ€ธแ€แ€ฒแ€ทแ€แ€ฌแ€œแ€ฑแ€ธแ€แ€ฝแ€ฑ แ€แ€แ€ปแ€ญแ€ฏแ€ทแ€€ แ€€แ€ญ แ€…แ€ญแ€แ€บแ€€แ€ฐแ€ธแ€šแ€‰แ€บแ€แ€ฌแ€–แ€ผแ€…แ€บแ€žแ€œแ€ญแ€ฏ แ€แ€แ€ปแ€ญแ€ฏแ€ทแ€€ แ€€แ€ญ แ€แ€€แ€šแ€บแ€œแ€ฏแ€•แ€บแ€แ€ปแ€„แ€บแ€แ€ฌ แ€แ€แ€ปแ€ญแ€ฏแ€ทแ€€ แ€€แ€ญแ€–แ€ผแ€…แ€บแ€แ€ฒแ€ทแ€แ€ฌแ€œ...