Manhattan Dreams ✅

By JoshayaShipper4Ever

♡ Joshaya AU ♡ Maya is an aspiring ballerina who is more than ready to start her life at Manhattan School of... More

1. Boys
2. Tipsy
3. Aftermath
4. Girlfriends
5. Morgan
6. Clubbing
7. Break-Up
8. Shock
9. Dating
10. Honesty
11. Skipping
12. Performing
13. Bad
14. Party
15. Preparing
16. Invasion
17. Fighting
18. Desires
19. Frustration
20. Loss
21. Goodbye
22. Overwhelmed
23. Back
24. Drunk
25. Someday
26. Practices
27. Scary
28. Frenemies
29. Chaos
30. Auditions
31. Home
32. Thankful
33. Friday
34. Reality
36. Idiots
37. Showcase
38. Worries
39. Alone
40. Showbiz
41. Deal
42. Neglect
43. Celebrate
44. Checking
45. Miscommunications
46. Emotions
47. Executives
48. Philly
49. Laughter
50. Promise
51. Squad
52. Last
53. Distance
54. Three
55. Missing
56. Reunited

35. Unplugged

1.6K 41 9
By JoshayaShipper4Ever

I wake up early the next morning to get in an early practice before class. I climb out of bed and write Josh a quick note before slipping out of his room and heading down to my own. I open the door and find Riley still fast asleep in her bed. I move towards my dresser and grab my bodysuit and a pair of black leggings. I turn and grab my ballet shoes off the floor, throwing them over my shoulder before leaving my room and heading down to the studio. When I get there I see Smackle already there moving to the music, getting lost in it.

I smile as I walk in, leaning against the wall. The song stops and Smackle turns around, stopping abruptly when she realizes she has company. "Oh. Hey" she says with a soft chuckle. "I thought I was alone."

"I wanted to get in an early practice before class" I explain as I walk towards her. "How long have you been here?"

She shrugs, "a while. I can't sleep" she admits with a sigh. "And dancing has kinda become my escape through all this, believe it or not."

"Are you still dropping out?" I ask as I move towards the barre to start warmups. She follows me and begins stretching along with me.

"I can't dance when I'm eight months pregnant" she chuckles. "And being at the country's best dance school will be too much once the baby comes. I won't be able to balance both."

I nod in understanding. "Are you gonna try and apply to other colleges?"

"Maybe after the baby is born" she shrugs. "A few years down the line. I really don't know. I never saw my life turning out like this. My parents were so proud when I got in here. I have honestly never seen them so happy. Then I go and meet a boy and get distracted. I stop going to class and I start spending every minute with him" she sighs. "And then I get pregnant. I am literally such a cliché."

"I think you're being a bit too hard on yourself" I argue. "Have you talked to Farkle again yet?" I ask but she shakes her head.

"Well" I sigh, putting my hair up into a bun on top of my head. "You'll just have to come with us to the club on Friday." Her eyes widen as she shakes her head.

"No. I can't."

"Smackle you have to talk to him. Actually talk. You're having a baby. His baby. This isn't one of those things that will go away if you ignore it, it actually does the complete opposite" I point out. She sighs.

"I'm afraid that once we talk it'll really be over. I'll be on my own" she cries. I shake my head as I place my hand over hers.

"I told you yesterday, you won't be alone. You have me and I know once you tell Riley you'll have her too" I smile softly. "Even if Farkle walks out on you, you won't ever be alone and your baby will be so loved" I gush making her chuckle.

"You're the best you know that?" she asks as she pulls me in for a hug.

"I try" I tease as I hug her back tightly.

*************************************************************************************

"My feet are killing me" I complain as I walk out of class limping. Going on breaks was great except that when you were done with them then your feet were out of practice and you ended up in severe pain. "And I still have academics today" I add with a groan.

"Good luck. I'm going to take a nap" Smackle says as she walks away from us leaving Riley watching after her skeptically.

"Is she okay? She's been acting weirder than normal." I shrug.

"I think she's just a little tired. She had a stressful break" I reply nonchalantly. "I'm gonna be late for science. I'll see you later" I smile before limping off to the classroom. When I get there Sophie and Josh are already sitting around our lab bench.

"What happened to you?" Josh asks worriedly as he gets up to help me to my seat. I let out a breath of relief as I sit down.

"Dance class this morning was a bitch" I reply making him chuckle as he sits back in his seat.

"Well you didn't have to sneak out early to get in extra practice. My bed wasn't kicking you out" he points out making me smile as I put my hand over his.

"I know" I nod, "just with the showcase coming up I want my routine to be perfect. This is the first performance I'm doing at MSA and it's the first time I'm dancing without my mom in audience" I add sadly. "I just want it to be special." Josh gives me a sympathetic smile as he squeezes my hand.

"Alright class. For today's lesson" our teacher drowns on and on. I end up zoning out just like I always do, way too caught up in my own head to focus on the woman for more than ten minutes at a time. Finally she turns us away to work on something independently. I pull out my pen and begin working on the worksheet she had passed out and placed in front of us.

"So" I nudge Sophie as I finish off the last problem. She looks down at my worksheet and back to me in confusion as I continue. "What's up with you Max?" I whisper making her eyes widen as a smirk pulls at her lips.

"I don't know what you're talking about" she lies. "And how did you finish this so fast. You weren't even listening to her" she points out and I shrug. Science was never something I struggled with, it was always my best subject in school.

"I don't know but you're avoiding the question" I whisper yell. "I've caught you both twice now. Are you like dating or just hooking up?"

"I don't know" she shrugs. "It's fun. I really like him and surprisingly he's great between the sheets."

I quirk an eyebrow at her. "Better than Josh?"

"I can hear you both" Josh whispers causing Sophie and I to whip our heads up to meet his gaze. I blush as I purse my lips together.

"Sorry" I apologize making Sophie laugh as she shakes her head in amusement.

"I'm not rating my sexual partners" Sophie argues, "but he's good. Like mind-blowingly good."

"Did you guys hook up the night he brought you home or after that?"

"We kissed the night he drove me home but we didn't start screwing around until later that week."

"So I kinda played matchmaker" I smirk. She furrows her eyebrows and shakes her head as a chuckle falls from her lips.

"No. I asked for a ride home and Max volunteered. You weren't even part of it" she argues playfully.

"I was there" I exclaim making her laugh as Josh shakes his head in amusement. The bell rings suddenly and we're told to turn in our worksheets on the way out.

"So. Are you in too much pain to come to practice tonight?" Josh asks as he wraps his arm around my waist.

"No. As long as I can have a chair while we sing" I add causing his eyes to widen. I can practically see the lightbulb above his head.

"Oh my god Penelope. You are a genius baby" he exclaims as he leans down to kiss my cheek. "I'll see you later. I have to go make a set list" he says making me eye him confusedly as he rushes off down the hallway.

"He is such a weirdo" I laugh as I turn back to Sophie and fall into step beside her.

"Yea but he's your weirdo now" she teases making me roll my eyes playfully as we continue off down the hall.

*************************************************************************************

"Acoustic?" Max questions. "I don't know Josh. Our crowd isn't exactly the slow and steady type" he argues but Josh shakes his head.

"It'll be a special unplugged night. It's different and if we're gonna stay in the game we have to show that we're versatile."

"Maybe so" Blake nods, "but what songs are we gonna do? I mean most of our songs aren't going to translate well to acoustic."

"I know" he sighs. "There are maybe one or two that I was thinking we could keep for the set list but it's gonna be mainly covers but I think that will add to the success. It's something different but singing songs that people already love and know will get them into it easier."

"So this was your idea earlier today?" I ask curiously. "The one you were so excited about?"

"Yes and I really think this has the potential to be great. Just have a little faith."

"I just don't know Josh" Max says with a sigh.

"Oh my god" Natalie groans, "you guys Josh is right. This could be huge for us if people see that we have the ability to slow things down. This could showcase our talents in new ways."

"But what if it tanks our show?" Blake asks worriedly.

"Why don't we try this" I interject. "We could start the show as normal and then maybe for Amnesia or Ride we could strip it down and go acoustic. See how the crowd reacts, if they like it then we go with Josh's unplugged idea and if they hate it then we pull acoustic from the set list permanently. The point of this is to help the band, not hurt it. We should let the fans decide."

Silence falls around the group for a long moment before Josh stands up and calls it to a vote. "Who all agrees with Maya's idea?" he asks and everyone raises their hands.

*************************************************************************************

"You saved my ass today" Josh says as we lie in bed later that night rewatching the season two finale of Stranger Things for the third time.

"I did not" I argue but he shakes his head.

"My idea was tanking and you saved it. Thank you" he says sweetly as he kisses the top of my head.

"Well I think it's a good idea" I reply honestly. "It wasn't fair of the band to turn it down just because they're afraid. New things are scary but they're necessary for us to grow as human beings."

"You sound like a fortune cookie" he teases making me chuckle as I nudge him in the side.

"You're so mean to me" I pout making him laugh as he kisses my shoulder.

"Mean huh?" he whispers as he pulls down the sleeve of my shirt. "I could show you how nice I am if you want" he smirks. I pause the television as I turn around in his arms and wrap my arms around his neck.

"Yea?" I question, "and just how do you plan to do that?" I ask softly as I bring my bottom lip between my teeth.

"I'll show you" he whispers as his lips land on mine. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

133K 3K 40
COMPLETED Joshua Matthews fell in love in with another girl in NYU and quit playing the long game with Maya Hunter. Soon after Josh graduated, he fo...
136K 3.3K 40
♡ Joshaya AU ♡ Babies aren't usually a blessing right out of high school but for Maya and Dean, their son was the best thing that could've ever happe...
101K 2.4K 39
Josh and Maya haven't spoken much in the past few years after their nasty breakup but when Riley and Lucas announce their engagement and plan their B...
105K 2.6K 31
○○○•COMPLETED•○○○ After a traumatic past Joshua Matthews turns himself into a bad boy, partying every night and not caring at all what people think...