FALLING HEART

By Kaavvii

The red string of fate that connects the two soul mates was broken by him, not me, never me. The fate that wa... More

1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
From Zairi to Aeran
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
36 (i)
36 (ii)
37
38
39
40
41
42
43
44
45
46
47
48
49
50
51
52
53
54
55
56
57
58
59
60
61
62
63
64
65
66
67
68
69
70
71
72
73
From Aeran to Zairi
74
75
76
77
78
79
80
81
82
Author's Note

26

12.3K 367 19
By Kaavvii

I passed through the forest and reached my destination.I tried not to think about what happened yesterday.

I didn't want to think about it.Still my traitorous mind traveled that path again.

He didn't return yesterday.Where did he go..?Was he with Ravine yesterday.?Is that why he didn't come back..?

Reaching the thorny boundaries,I trotted inside and took in the beautiful miracle inside.Not long ago it was just barren and now there were so many flowers and different leaves painting the Earth in many colors. I was proud of the garden.Of what it had become.

I smiled and bent down to touch the living beings there."I am so proud of you all.Despite all the odds, you survived and grew up to be this beautiful.Thank you for being alive."

This was my only solace in this foreign land where I didn't belong no matter how hard I tried.And I did try every day.To leave some sort of a sign that I was here.That I tried.And this right here was my greatest treasure.The fragrant surroundings made me inhale deeply ,soothing my inner turmoils.Whenever I was here It always felt as if these plants,these flowers ,they spoke to me.Helping me keep my mind and soul occupied.Not letting me forget that they needed me as I needed them.The only outlet to my wayward emotions.My prized possession.The only thing I could truly call mine.

My garden.Yes, just mine.

"Yo.!!Whats up..?" I jumped startled and fell back on ground,landing on my ass.

I stared wide eyed at Dane who was holding back his laugh at my expense.He walked to the tree stump and sat down leisurely.

"You scared me." I said getting up and dusting my skirt.Putting my hands on my waist I scrutinized him."What are you doing here exactly..?" I stiffened.I didn't know him. No one came here.I just met him yesterday and I really didn't want any trouble today.This was my paradise.I didn't want anyone intruding this haven of mine.

"Just trying to pass my time.I have nothing else to do." He said looking at the rows of different plants which had grown considerably from short shoots."Really impressive.What you did here." He smiled at the plants that danced to the tunes of the breeze blowing.

"What do you want..?" I asked as my spine stiffened more.My eyes narrowed.I didn't knew his intentions but I didn't let my guard down.I just won't let anyone ruin the only thing that was a source of joy to me.

"Whoa.Calm down.I am harmless.See." He thrust his hand out,shrugging his shoulders."I just want to enjoy this all.Its soothing to just sit here and take them all in.Its relaxing ,to be quite honest.My mind would do well with a little silence ."

My eyes soften.He can never mean any harm to them."I never saw you before yesterday."

I wiped my hands on my skirt and sat at the rock lying there.It was a comfortable looking thing.It came with the garden.Sometimes I thought whoever handled this garden earlier ,wanted it to be a place to sit and admire the Nature's Art comfortably.

"I was away,visiting my dad.Just for a few months more.I am waiting to get out of this place." He said nonchalantly but I could detect the hint of sadness in his words.

"I don't understand. Isn't this your home..?"

"Home.?" He laughed sarcastically "What is  a home,exactly..?" He threw a questioning glance at me waiting for my response.

I started unsure "Well it is a place where you find the most peace.I guess.A place you can stay comfortably and in company of your loved ones.Where no one ever questions your presence or your actions.Where you are needed and accepted as you are.A place with no fear,no hatred,where you don't need to pretend.A place where love is abundant.A place where you find everything that your soul desires and that makes you content." I smiled thinking about Ma.My home.

"Judging from that smile,I am glad you have one." His face was grim as he stared straight ahead."I wish I had the same."He whispered sadly.Sensing my curious glance he looked at me and grinned.

It didn't reach his eyes."My mom and dad married on a whim.My mom wanted to experience a normal human life so she rejected her mate here and denouncing everything she knew ,followed my father out of this life.I guess she didn't find it all that wonderful because she separated from dad after just a few months but got me as a parting gift.Imagine her surprise when she found out that I didn't inherit her wolf genes but all those of my human father." His lips formed a tight line."Quickly after giving birth to the "additional burden she had carried" she reconnected with her mate and married that same week.Till date I retain that title."

 I could feel the sorrow he was radiating.It was so disheartening to hear him referring himself as the "additional burden".I couldn't understand how a child can be a burden to his/her parents.

"What about your father..?"I whispered.

"My father" He snickered "Well he too found his happily ever after with a nice human girl and started his own family not long after." He said bitterly."I remained as the burden to both of them.So I swing here and there whenever it is convenient for them, whenever they deem it worthy to bestow some love and kindness on me."

I just couldn't sit still.He looked so lonely sitting there.Fighting this cruel world all alone. At least I had my Ma, for all the love she has showered on me.He had no one.How does that feel to know that you have no one standing in your corner.?

I pulled him up by his hands.He was surprised by my actions but relented.Quickly I wrapped my arms around him before he could stop me.It was easier to hold him,we both having the same height.A minute passed.I could feel the tension in his body but I didn't let go.His body slowly sagged and his hands encompassed me.His head bent down on my shoulder.

"Everyone needs a hug every now and then.You can always count on me for that ."I whispered in not so many words that he was not as alone as he thought.

After a moment ,I could feel the sobs emanating from him.But I didn't dare interrupt.It was needed for him to let go.We stayed that way for a while.It lightened my heart.I was happy that I was able to offer a bit of compassion to this lonely boy whom I had just met.Sometimes it was easy to connect with people who just needed a little bit of joy,a bit of smile.

Ma always said it was never late to offer warmth to someone who needed it more than you did.And if you could only share a speck of that,it could light someone's disheartened heart.

Many a times ,it took just a hug or a kiss to bring someone back to life.

I pulled back after I knew he had his emotions in control again.I smiled at him as I saw him fidgeting in embarrassment. You just didn't pour your heart out to someone you didn't even know.Did you..?

"Hey don't tell anyone I cried. OK.!?" When I raised my brow at him he supplied "Well it destroys your reputation.No girl will ever look at me the same.Don't you get it..?" His shrill voice rang out in silence.

I controlled my laugh from spilling out.Very seriously I nodded my head.

Leaving him alone then I went back to the inspection of the herbs.

"Well,don't you want to know who won..?" My hands stilled at his question.

I didn't want to now anything.I continued my work.

"I can tell you, if you are interested, that is..?Unlike someone I didn't run away and stood there to watch it all."

My hands tightened at his taunting voice.No I didn't want to know.I didn't pay him any attention.

"What if someone did win and..." He left the words hanging.My ears pricked at the words he left unsaid. Concentrating hard on the task I carried on.No,I really didn't want to hear what he had to say.When several moments passed and he still didn't elaborate on that last statement.I turned and glared at him.

I WANTED TO HEAR IT.

Chuckling softly he continued."Okay I can see you are really eager to know.So payback for that hug." He stood up and came towards me.I took his offered hand to get up.What..?Is it something bad..?My nerves jingled waiting for the words I was already dreading to hear.

"Aeran won the fight." My heart deflated right there.So he did spent his night with her.?! I pulled my hand away from his and tried to distance myself from the hurt his words had brought.

"It was strange you know."Coming to stand in front of me he placed his finger on my chin raising my face to meet his dancing eyes."Even after winning it, he didn't go with her.They actually got into an argument of some sort.After that Miss Sunshine huffed and walked away. Aeran spent his night going for the patrol duties himself."

I grinned slowly and laughed in excitement. 

He stood there dumbstruck.I pulled him in for another big hug and laughed louder.I didn't pay any attention to his whispered words,too lost in my happiness "Wow.It does transforms you."

Oh Holy Mother..Thank you so much.

I wish I knew then that this was the start of the end.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.2M 54.5K 66
The day I turned 18 was supposed to be the happiest day of my life. The beginning of my future with my mate but it all turned to hell when I was reje...
251K 6.4K 57
BOOK 1 OF THE FOREVER SERIES At the age of sixteen, Roxy Thorn never expected to find her soulmate while attending her first White Moon Ball. She did...
24 8 7
She was born a princess loved and pampered he was born a prince loved yet with a lot of responsibility on his shoulders. she feared love, and wanted...
3.8K 633 21
In every werewolves life they wait for their eighteenth birthday with zeal. That is because they get their mates. I was one of those people waiting f...