Amarendra Devasena - The stor...

By Meenu_Panda

This story is all about Amarendra Devasena, their Romance and the way they take their life with all conspirac... More

Cast
Tholi Choopu
Sneaky King
The Engagement
Devasena The Queen Of Maahishmati
The First Gift to The Bride
Problems- Just a beginning
The (Mis)Understanding
Amarendra Devasena Pelli
Shobanam- The Wedding Night
A Plan A Mystery
A Memorable Journey
Manohari's Mohana
A Sunrise With Beloved
Love In the Wild
Author's note
A fight and The Makeup
A spark
The Zaveri Nagar Mela
A New Emotion
A New Feeling
In the Dark Night Lit By the Moonlight
The Good News
A Bitter News
Return to Maahishmati
A Serious Confrontation
A Reunion Unexpected
A Birthday to Remember
A Lullaby
A Sneaky Plan That Failed Miserably
Plight of Parents
Brotherhood
A Friend In Need..!
The New Bonds
The First Sign- A Relaization
Dandaalayya- Maa Tho Ne Nuvvu Undaalayya
Kanna Nidurinchara
Amarenda Devasena Varasudu
A Mother's Love
The First Flower of the Season
An Early Anniversary Celebration with Unexpected Gift..!
The Yagnam..!
The Fallen Warrior
Nirnayam Lo Chanchalam- A Teaser
Rise of the Fallen
Haunting of the Forgotten
Author's note+Suprise
The War Begins!
Enter the Fortress
The King Returns
The Fall of The Evil
Doubts and Determination
The King and Queen
The Mahamantri
The Verdict!
Another Revelation
A Story to tell
The Return of Festivities
Plans!

The Hamsa Naava

1.1K 58 4
By Meenu_Panda

Enough!

Avantika, Mahendra and Devasena looked up at Naayaka who stood towering them.

"Enti Naayaka?"

"Night has fallen Rani Devasena! From last night we are here. You need rest Rani Devasena! You are to be tended properly."

"But.. Amma!"

Devasena smiled seeing her son very eager to listen to the whole story. She caressed his mane.

"You have been through a lot Mahendra. You need rest too Nanna. Come on. We are very close to our hide out. And Naayaka! Make arrangements for the bodies to be hidden."

"Naayaka Mama! Preserve that good for nothing fellow's body and head separately."

Naayaka smiled looking at Devasena. Kattapa just bowed his head.

"Hukum"

The younger man turned to the Vaidhyulu who had disturbed them.

"Kya hai?"

He asked.

"He has to rest. Night has fallen Hukum. He needs all the rest he can have."

The man sighed.

"He is right Chote Khan saab. I need rest. Then only I can get ready to face my brother! I want to leave to Maahishmati as soon as possible."

"I am coming too Chachu. Aslam ke bina, Chachu is going nowhere!"

Amarendra touched Aslam's shoulders and nodded.

Mahendra carried Devasena to the caves and stood looking as it was functioning on a full mode. Devasena chuckled remembering how Amarendra stood with same expression when he came to the hideout for the first time. Naayaka came to them.

"Rani Devasena, your cave is all ready. If you will Yuvaraja"

He said showing the way to her personal cave where she spent time with her husband the last time she was here. Mahendra carried her inside and placed her on the bed there that was made of rocks. He covered her with an old saree as heavy covers would not let her wounds heal. Avantika had already changed her saree so all she had to do was rest. Mahendra lit a torch there and went out and stood outside the entrance along with Avantika. MAhendra looked up and closed his eyes. Avantika held his shoulders and shook her head.

"This is not the time Shiva!"

"I know! But still I cannot take all that happened to her!"

"We will make them pay"

"I will!"

Both held their hands as Naayaka stood and watched.

There inside, Devasena looked the cave ceiling and thought about their travel to Maahishmati.

In the Port.

"Devasena, for once listen to me."

"Why?"

"What why! Do you even realize that you are fighting with me for pickle?"

He asked shaking his head in exasperation. Devasena turned to her with her hands on hips.

"We are about to travel in a Naava! Only pickle can help me put up with it!"

"Seriously? If you are sick of travel through waterways, then why did you even select this?"

"This is the only way to reach Mahaparvatham soon without attracting anyone's suspicion."

He just shook his head again and both boarded the Naava. Devasena went to the captain and made arrangements for them both to be left in a separate wing. He who knew Devasena well, just smiled and let them have the back side of the Naava for themselves.

"How come Kunthala people have hands in everything!"

"One of our secret"

She said winking as she pulled her husband to their wing. Once they were in the deck all alone, Amarendra pulled her to him holding her in the cage of his arms. She leaned her back to his front enjoying the feel.

"Deva"

"Hmm"

"About What Naayaka said.."

"Hmm"

"Its only because of me Deva. I brought all this into your life.."

Devasena turned in his hold and looked up at him.

"Yes.. you did!"

"Deva"

He was unable to speak as he could not take in that he was responsible for her misery. But he felt her taking his hand and keeping it on her stomach that had felt a little more full than usual flat.

"You brought this happiness into my life Amarendra. If not for you, I would have lived. But I would not have been alive. Never think less of yourself Amarendra."

His doubt vanished. He smiled into her eyes and she returned. Suddenly she pulled him to the end of the deck and stood near the edge and wrapped his arms around herself.

"By the way, the Hamsa in the Naava does indicate the hands of my Hamsa in this.."

He said tickling her all the way. She pinched his hands.

"This was build by Naayaka and his troop for mainly this disguised travel purpose. This Captain Samudra Raya's family is known for travelling a lot through oceans and rivers. So we made a deal with him."

She winked at him. He chuckled.

"Haiyana Hamsa Naavalona..

Naa pakkana nuvunte aina..

Baagundile Devasena.."

Devasena giggled at her suddenly poet turned husband.

"Enti Amarendra.. All in poetic mood?"

"With my wild cat in my arms with wild nature around, what else do you expect?"

"Ahan.."

She leaned in close to him. He watched her expectantly. But in her usual mischief mood, she bit his nose making him wince and laugh. Grinning he wound his hand around her waist and arrested her to him. Looking into her eyes he leaned and this time he did hit the target of her petals. Her eyes fluttered close as did his. The ship swayed in tune to them as the river sang loudly for them.

Devasena closed her eyes. Sleep was far from her eyes. And being in the mid city tied up all these days had robbed her sleep. So sleep was a luxury she could not afford now. But she knew that her son was outside. If she looked agitated he would worry. So she lay trying to sleep.

Mahendra sighed knowing that his mother was not asleep yet. HE sat outside. So did Avantika. She leaned on his shoulders. His arms wound around her and started caressing her hair. But sleep was far from all their eyes.

In Maahishmati!

Bhalla came back to the court that now was nothing but a place that had caught bad fire. It looked haunted. It was haunted, by those eyes. He so did not want to dwell on it. But he could not stop himself. He remembered when his wife gave him the news.

"Bhalla"

"What"

Bhalla turned to see his father standing looking sad. He placed his gadhayudha in its place safely and came to his father wiping away his sweat after his practice.

"Maharani Prasanna Devi"

"Haan?"

He looked so indifferent. Bijjala for a moment stilled. Has he gone wrong somewhere?

"Enti"

"Maharani Prasanna Devi lost her child"

He said and was immediately in hold of Bhalla.

"What did you just say?"

"She lost the child"

HE stuttered. Bhalla pushed him and rushed her chamber. Outside stood Chandrika with the Vaidhyuralu. He frowned at not seeing his mother.

"Vaidhyralu?"

"Pardon Maharaja. As I already told you, her womb was so weak to hold them. One child died due to insufficient Pranavayu and nutrition"

"How is she?"

Chandrika was taken aback. Was Maharaja Bhallaladeva worried about Prasanna Devi? If Bhalla noticed her reaction he did not show.

"She lost a girl child Maharaja"

Bhalla closed his eyes for a moment and rushed inside. There he saw a bloody bundle wrapped in silk that lay in a corner. He saw Prasanna on the bed. She was pale. He sat beside her and kept his hand on her stomach and felt the swell. He frowned at the Vaidhyuralu.

"She lost only one child. With Parameshawarudu blessing the other child is still breathing."

"Is it like this always?"

"Very rare Maharaja. Mostly both the child die. But You are lucky Maharaja. One child is alive and Prasanna Devi will recover too. She should be cared for"

He caressed Prasanna Devi's hair once and clapped his hands summoning servants. 2 maids came running and bowed.

"Hereon, I want Maharani under constant rest. She should be taken care of and follow diet as per Vaidhyuralu. I want no excuses."

And he walked out. But once he turned to the bloody bundle and turned to his father who came there at that moment.

"Nana! Make arrangements for the rituals to be performed as the last right for the child"

And he walked out leaving behind a very thoughtful Bijjala behind. Bhalla who came out saw his mother moving out very urgently. He frowned. Where could she go at this moment when so much was happening?

Bhalla came back from his thoughts and walked to the palace backyard. He stood near an elevated place which was decorated with flowers. He closed his eyes thinking about his daughter who closed her eyes even before she can see the world.

"Yuvarani Shravanthi"

He whispered.

At the same moment Bijjala entered his private chamber and stood in front of a small box. He opened the box and took out a scroll that was very small. He opened it and felt the anger still bubbling in him even after so many years.

It read

"Sivagami,

I know this is inappropriate, but I have to say this. I like you. I would like to marry you. I don't care for your status. And so does my father.

If you are not interested. I will understand.

Vikramadeva."

Bijjala put the scroll back and looked out through the window at the starlit sky. He thought of the time when he knew that something was up with Sivagami.

In a place somewhere in the backside of the mountains..

Sivagami unmounted from her horse and pulled out the cloth from her face. She made a noise that resembled cuckoo calling for its mate. Then she heard another sound as reply and moved closer to the dense trees covering area. As she walked closer, she saw a human form.

"Mahadeva!"

She called and the man came forward bowing his head down. He looked about of her age. But his face had a very bad cut and also burn marks that looked harsh even after all these years of healing.

"Sivagami!"

"After all these years! Why did you want to meet me now? WHY?"

"Nanna is on his deathbed Sivagami. He wanted to meet you once."

"He was the one who severed his ties with me Mahadeva!"

"I know Sivagami. But fulfil the last wish of a dying man."

"I am already dead for him Mahadeva! Do not try to contact me from here on."

Sivagami turned and moved out to the clear area only to stop at Mahadeva's call.

"Sivagami!"

"What?"

"Remember that only because of him you are enjoying this status of Rajamata today! If not, you would have been hanged in public all those years ago."

"I do remember Mahadeva! I remember how he left me with Maharaja Ranadev Bhoopathi's Senathipati Ajashatru who was all ready to.."

"Strip you?"

Sivagami's eyes grew wild.

"I know Nanna was weak. Because he had to chose between me and you. His son and his brother's daughter. Blood is thicker than water Sivagami"

Sivagami smiled.

"Yes! Blood is thicker than water. So I choose my sons over my father's brother. Tell him that. Maharaja Rudraksha's daughter and Rajamata of Maahishmati is not willing to meet him."

"You haven't changed at all Sivagami. Your word is still the law."

Sivagami mounted on her horse and left the place. Mahadeva smiled.

"Rajamata of Maahishmati! Princess of VeeraMahendrapuram. Killer of Raja Ranadev Bhoopathi. You are so going to regret this. Its me who should be ruling this place. Instead, it was Rudramma's heir and now it is Rudraksha's heir. Its time Rudraraya Thanaya Mahadeva took over"

Bijjala was standing in Sivagami's study as she entered after her expedition. She froze for a moment not expecting her husband to stand there.

"Where were you?"

"I don't think that is your concern."

"Remember I am your husband Sivagami."

"I remember! Also how come you became my husband. So tell me why you are here all of a sudden. Not to remind about our relationship I hope."

"Aye Sivagami!"

Sivagami turned fully to him. Bijjala stopped on his tracks.

"Why are you here?"

"My son, Our son lost his child today. He wants all the last right to be done."

Sivagami closed her eyes and looked up.

"Parameshwara."

She chanted once and rushed to see Maharani Prasanna Devi.

Bijjala closed his eyes. If only he had the guts, he would not be facing all these. He looked at his diseased hand and sighed.

"Chachu. You rest, I will come in the morning and make arrangements for you to be taken to my place here."

"No Aslam. No one should even know I am alive. It might become dangerous to you."

"Nothing will happen to me Chachu. You should be in.."

"I like this wild Aslam. Don't worry about me."

Aslam half heartedly went out of the caves. Amarendra laid down on his bed there and closed his eyes. 25 years of sleep has evaded his will to sleep now. All he wanted was revenge. But 25 years ago, all he wanted was welfare of his people.

He vowed to guard Maahishmati people at any cost including sacrificing his life. He still remembered the oath he took during his crowning.

"Amarendra Baahubali anu nenu, Maahishmati prajala dhana, maana, praana samrakshakudiga, praana thyaganikaina venukaada ponani, Rajamata Sivagami Devi saakshiga Pramaanam chestunna."

But at that time he did not know that it would cost his family's life too. His few weeks old son, who knew nothing of the world lost life only because of greed of few people. It was time they payback.

He closed his eyes. He could only see a face behind his eyes. His smiling wife. He smiled.

"Devasena"

He rushed to her as she sat bending to her chamber pot. She was throwing up whatever little she ate and the Naava movement was not helping at all. He held her head as she emptied her stomach. Once she was done he washed her face and wiped it using his vastra not paying any heads to her protests.

"Amarendra your vastra is becoming dirty."

"I don't care"

"But.."

"Don't worry Deva! We can change. Your robes are dirty too."

"My very intelligent husband! We did not bring change. Forgot?"

She pulled his moustache and giggled as he winced.

"I have made arrangements for our change."

Devasena frowned. At that moment, the Naava was at a dock getting supplies. It was somewhere near the war fields of Maahishmati.

"Baahu"

Devasena's eyes widened. Was that really?

"Mama!"

Amarendra rushed to welcome Kattappa and his followers. Devasena bent forward only to be stopped by Kattappa.

"Live long Thalli. Live long. Live Happy"

He blessed.

"Devasena, you rest, we will be back"

Devasena frowned again but this time about a figure hiding behind Kattappa's men. The man called her to privacy. Devasena who saw that her husband and his men busy, moved to the deck edge with the man.

"Sumantha?"

"Rani Devasena! COngratulations. Ajeya informed"

"Thanks."

"We are happy about the prince.princess arrival"

"So are we sumantha. Tell me what is the matter!"

"Rani Devasena!"

"What is it?"

"Maahishmati is ready to be attacked Rani Devasena"

"By?"

"Its not one but many. But one particular rebels are the ones we should beware."

"They are.."

"Rudrasena, Rajamata Sivagami Devi's family and Maharaja of VeeraMahendrapuram, RUdraksha's followers."

Devasena for a moment stood taking in the information. But before she can react, the Naava agitated trying to go around a rock. And it all happened in a jiffy. Amarendra who turned to see if Devasena was ok stood with wide eyes. And they all heard a SPLASH.

DEVASENAAAA

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

11.7K 852 15
Mission Behrupiya..... After the leap of 5 years... What if MPT hates Anuseena, as they think they are terrorist ?? What if in the place of Haseena...
49.8K 4.1K 48
What if Amarendra and Devasena met again, in the next life, only to rediscover their past? Devasena wakes up in a mysterious palace. Jolting through...
107K 4.5K 29
"Maan take it " Said 5 years old akshita, forwarding her hand which have a candy on it "I don't want it ita" 7 years old abhi said in his as usual...
49.5K 2.8K 34
What if there was a twin of Shrutakarma and that too a GIRL? What if she was ignored by her parents? What if she got the fatherly love from the perso...