Dangerously In Love (MiChaeng)

By PengMi

Highest ranking: #3 in fanfiction as of 07/08/18. She ended up broken. Not sure if she's willing to let someo... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
This is not an update.
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
This is not an update.
Chapter 41
END.
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Twicelights

Chapter 12

8.9K 339 494
By PengMi

The noise at the canteen got louder as a familiar person entered. All eyes are on her as she walked towards their direction.

"Heol!" Sana exclaimed. "Wait, why is she coming this way?" She whispered to Dahyun.

Mina got really curious and turned around to see who it was. Then she saw someone standing right in front of her.

"Excuse me, are you the new girl?" The girl asked.

Dangerously In Love [Chapter 12]

"Yeah. Sorry but who are you?" Mina asked looking at her.

"Im Nayeon." She offered her hand for a handshake.

Mina hesitated for a while, then took her hand. "Myoui Mina." They shook hands.

"So, you're the new girl who took my throne when I was away." Nayeon said sarcastically with a smile on her face.

"Eh? Excuse me?" Mina was shocked and confused. What is she talking about?

****

Meanwhile..

"Hi ssaem, Ms. Kim told us to bring this here. Where should we put it?" Jeong asked as they entered the faculty room.

"Just put it on her desk." The teacher replied pointing to the direction.

After organizing it on the table, they left the room and it seems chaotic outside. All the students were talking with each other like something's going on. The two got curious.

"Hey, what's going on?" Jeong asked the student who just passed by.

"She's back!" The student said excitedly.

"Who?" Chaeng asked.

"Nayeon. She's at the canteen. She went to see the new girl, Mina."

Both were shocked and looked at each other like they had an understanding and quickly ran to the canteen. They were panting as they got to the scene.

"Eh? Excuse me?" Mina said.

Nayeon was about to respond but someone butted in.

"Nayeonie??!" Jeongyeon asked in surprise.
"Oh? Jeongyeon-a!" Nayeon smiled and went closer to Jeong.

"What are you doing here?!"

"Well I'm back obviously. Why? Aren't you pleased to see me?"

"I—it's not that. I just thought you'll not be back until next month."

"Well our program ended early. I purposely didn't mention it to surprise you. Surprise!" She said acting cute.

Jeongyeon tried to laugh forcedly while scratching her head. "Oh is that so? But what are you doing here in the canteen?" she asked, pretty nervous.

"I'm just checking out the transferee. I heard a lot of things happened when I was away specially when she arrived. I'm just curious that's all." She replied glancing at Mina raising her brows. Then she changed again to a cute expression. "Babe I missed you!" Clinging to Jeong's arms.

Jeong laughed again forcedly. She's still shocked and nervous at the same time. "I missed you too. Oh by the way I need to talk to Ssaem about being late today. Let's go."

"Gurae." They were about to head out when Nayeon glanced again at Mina. "Nice meeting you!" Then they left.

Mina just smiled in response.

After they left, Chaeyoung sat beside Mina. She was standing behind Jeongyeon the whole time.

"Okay, that was intense." Dahyun said.

"The queen is back." Sana added.

"What was that about? Who is she?" Mina asked, very confused.

"She's the Campus Sweetheart / The Queen, Jeongyeon's girlfriend." Dahyun explained.

"She went overseas as an exchange student and now she's back after five months. She's like the image and role model of the school, pretty and smart that's why everyone loves her." Sana added.

"Not everyone." Chaeng inserted.

"But why did she come here to meet me?" Mina knows who she is now but it's still not clear on why she acted like that.

"Girl you're blind!" Dahyun replied with a frustrated look, shaking her head.

Sana chuckled then explained again. "Well, everything was normal until you arrived. Things were stirred up a little and the students started to pay attention to you. And—, urgh! Do I really need to explain everything? You'll just realize it one day."

"That's enough. Let's go and order food, I'm hungry and it's almost time." Chaeng got up and grabbed Mina's hand. She still has a lot to ask but yeah, food is more important.

******

As they ate lunch, the three were conversing about school matters while Chaeng was just silent. After they ate, they went to their classrooms.

Why is she suddenly so silent? She hasn't said a thing since we ate. Mina kept checking on her as they walked.

As they entered the room, the students gathered around Nayeon who's sitting beside Jeongyeon. She's sharing the experience she had when she was in the States. Then she noticed Jeong's seatmate is now sitting on the back.

"Oh? Why are you here in the back? Thought your eyesight is not that good that's why you sit right in front. And you're Jeong's seatmate right?" Mina asked as she sat.

"Well she needs it more. Those two are inseparable." She replied with loving eyes.

Wow, I didn't know she's that popular that this kid would even sacrifice for her.

The students settled down as their instructor arrives. Next subject is Music. After the discussion, the teacher made an announcement.

"We'll have a project before midterm exams."

The students moaned in disagreement as they're already busy with their project in History.

The teacher silenced them and continued. "This will be an individual project and each of you will be composing a song and will be performing it at the auditorium next week."

The noise got louder as they protest with the given task.

"Ssaem that's not right. We have a lot more to do and why would we even perform it? Not all of us can sing!" One of the students complained. The others second the motion.

"Guys, guys settle down. It's not that hard to make a song. If you're having difficulty, maybe you can start of with writing a poem. Then we can seek help from our music club in arranging the song." Nayeon said.

The other students agreed but some are still protesting.

"Nayeon is right. Just base it on your feelings or emotion, or just keep it simple. Be creative guys. And relaying the message of the song is the most important thing in this project that's why I'm letting you perform it. Why don't you give us a sample Naeyeon-ssi?"

"Oh? Suddenly? Gurae." Then she cleared her throat.

(Singing I'm Not the Only One by Sam Smith. Jumping to the bridge part and last chorus.)

"I have loved you for many years
Maybe I am just not enough
You've made me realize my deepest fear
By lying and tearing us up.

You say I'm crazy
'Cause you don't think I've known what you've done
But when you call me baby
I know I'm not the only one."

Nayeon showed off her singing skills by adding some adlibs after chorus. The students clapped as she finnished the song.
"Gomawo." Then she bowed, satisfied with it.

"Still talented as always. See? Guys it's not that hard." The teacher said.

"Yes. Actually it's easier if you base it on your emotions." She said looking at Jeongyeon. Jeong just smiled sarcastically, she knew what she meant by that.

"How about we have another example from our new student?" Nayeon suggested.

"Yeah, that would be a good idea. Mina-ssi please stand-up." The teacher instructed.

Their classmates cheered as her name was called. Chaeyoung was surprised, she doesn't even know if Mina can sing.

"Naega? No no thanks. I think Nayeon's example is enough Ssaem." Mina politely declined the request.

"Why? Are you not confident enough?" Nayeon asked with a smirk on her face.

"If you're shy, you need to overcome it now since you'll be performing in a bigger crowd next week." The teacher explained as she gestured for her to stand-up.

"Yeah! We want to hear your voice Mina-ssi!" Her classmates cheered for her.

Urgh! Why so sudden. Why me? Anyway, I have no choice. Should I sing an english song as well? She thought as she hesitates to stand-up. Well, whatever. Then she cleared her throat. She glanced at Chaeyoung first and saw her lowered her head.

(Singing Only Hope by Mandy Moore)

"There's a song that's inside of my soul
It's the one that I've tried to write over and over again
I'm awake in the infinite cold
But You sing to me over and over and over again

So I lay my head back down
And I lift my hands
and pray to be only Yours
I pray to be only Yours
I know now you're my only hope"

Chaeyoung lifted her head as soon as Mina started singing and stared at her in amazement.
Mina jumped straight to the bridge part...

"I give You my destiny
I'm giving You all of me
I want Your symphony
Singing in all that I am
At the top of my lungs I'm giving it back

So I lay my head back down
And I lift my hands and pray
To be only yours
I pray to be only yours
I know now you're my only hope"

And she finished it off with a hum.

The students including the teacher were silent. Mina bowed and immediately sat, her cheeks reddened. Gosh this is so embarassing. Wait, why are they so silent?

After a few minutes of silence, everyone clapped loudly. Others whistled and cheered.

"That was excellent! It's so full of emotions." Ssaem shook her head as she said it, still mesmerized. "It's so meaningful. Are you dedicating that to someone?"

Mina just smiled in response, then she glanced at Chaeyoung.

Did she just look at me? Does that mean...? Chaeng blushed as she thought. She's been staring at Mina the whole time.

"Well you don't really need to answer that. Well done my dear." Ssaem said smiling at her. "So there, we had two excellent examples, I hope that's more than enough to get you inspired and have ideas. You have one week to finish it." Then the class was dismissed.

Chaeyoung's still in shock. At first she was worried, she never thought that she'll be that good. Gosh, she has a voice of an angel. That totally gave me an eargasm.

"Chaeyoung-a, you're mouth." Mina said. Chaeng had her mouth slightly opened since Mina sang.

She immediately closed it and gulped. Then she opened her book pretending to read.

"Are you okay?"

"Huh? Uh yeah. I'm good." Chaeng replied stuttering. Chaeng wake up already!

"I think she's in shock. Well, I didn't really expect that you'll be that good." Nayeon said standing in front of them with her arms crossed. "The kids were rooting for you so you might be so confident right now. Well, enjoy it while it lasts." She grinned wickedly and left.

What's wrong with her? Did she do that in purpose to embarass me? Mina thought as her forehead wrinkled.

"Don't mind her, she's like that to people she doesn't really like." Chaeyoung said.

"Why? She doesn't even know me and we just met today."

"Well, we just can't please everyone." Chaeng replied. She's not totally lying, what she said is true as well, but she knows that there's a deeper reason on why Nayeon's acting up.

----------------------------------

Three subjects done and they prepared to go home. Mina and Chaeng was about to go out when she her phone beeped.

'Sorry, I won't be able to give you a ride home anymore nor pick you up for school. Hope you understand. -Jeongyeon.'

She looked around and found Jeong looking at her with a sorry face. She just smiled at her and replied back.

'Gwaenchana. I told you before it's not necessary. Take care!' Then they headed out.

Chaeng saw the message and smiled. "She's tied up now that she's back." She said in a low voice.

"What?" Mina asked though she actually heard it.

"Nothing." Chaeng replied with a smirk.

"Good thing you're smiling now. You were too quiet earlier. Is there any problem?"

"Huh? Uhm nothing really. Just mood swings I think." Chaeng replied.

"Aaaah." They passed by a convenience store near the bus stop. "Want to eat ice cream?" Mina offered.

"Ice cream? In this cold weather?"

"Why not? I usually eat sweets when I'm not in the mood. Ice cream, cake, chocolates. My comfort foods." Mina explained.

Chaeng smiled as she learned something new about her today. "Gurae, I'll buy."

"Jinjja?"

Chaeng nodded. Then they went inside and bought two strawberry flavored Melona. They ate as they walked to the bus stop.

Awwe such a cutie. Chaeng thought as she looked at Mina who's eating happily like a kid.

"You like it that much?"

"Oh." Mina replied showing her gummy smile.

Oh? She has dirt on her lip. She reached out her hand and wiped the ice cream off of Mina's lips.

Mina suddenly stopped walking, her heart beating fast. She was surprised with Chaeng's gesture. She can feel heat on her cheeks as it started to redden.

As chaeng's hand touched her face, their eyes met. They stared at each other for three seconds.

Chaeng was surprised as well, she immediately pulled her hand and looked away. Oh my gosh! What did I just do?
"So-sorry, there was a dirt so I just wiped it off." Then she handed over a handky. "Here, wipe it with this."

"Thank you." Mina replied shortly, still blushing.

Then they rode the bus, sitting together. The atmosphere was kinda awkward until they went home.

****

Mina's POV.

After taking a shower, she went to her study table and organized her things. She saw Chaeng's handky and noticed the embroided initials. S.C.Y., seems like it's her hobby to mark her things in an artistic way. It's embroided on the same font with the one on the scarf. Hmm, same scent.
She smiled, then suddenly she touched her lips in the area where Chaeng wiped it earlier.
She blushed as she recalled how their eyes met and as if she can still feel her hand.

Omo, why am I feeling like this? She shook her head. "Mina stop it. She's just being friendly and caring. It's normal, okay?" She said, talking to herself. After a few seconds, she smiled again.

Then she took her notebook and started writing the lyrics of the song for their project.

-----------------------------------

Nothing much happened for the past two days and now it's Saturday.

It's 5pm, Mina and Chaeyoung are riding the bus going to the palace.

"Jeongyeon can't come with us today, she said she needs to go to somewhere important." Mina said as she ended her call with Jeong.

"Yeah right. Going to Nayeon's house is more important than our project." Chaeng whispered to herself.

Mina chuckled. "Well, they've been apart for five months so we can't blame her. There's nothing much to do anyway and the two of us will be able to cover it all."

The two of us? Chaeng smiled.

After a few minutes they arrived. Chaeng took some pictures, the sunset gave the perfect lighting for the photos. And of course, snapping some stolen pictures of Mina.

They also did some interviews with the people who came to watch the concert.

"It's about to start. There's still a vacant seat there, perfect enough to capture the whole stage for the video. Let's go!" Mina said excitedly grabbing Chaeng's hands, holding it tight as she dragged her.

Chaeng looked at her, then looked at their hands swaying as they walk. You're perfect.

They sat and Chaeng set up the camera and started recording.

The lights dimmed and only the stage lights are on. The concert started with a band playing tradtional music, all are wearing hanboks.

"Woah! This is my first time watching a concert like this. I didn't know Korean traditional music will sound this good." Mina said with her eyes locked on the stage.

Chaeng smiled as she look at how fascinated Mina is. "Glad you liked it."

After an hour, the concert ended and they left. They stopped at Subway to buy some sandwich for dinner and walked home.

"We still need to edit this. We only have up until tomorrow to finalize everything." Chaeng said with a worried expression.

"I'll help you out. Don't worry, as long as we work together there'll be no problem." Mina smiled trying to encourage her. "Let's divide our parts. You can do the presentation and I'll do the written report. Then Jeong will be the one to do the discussion on Monday. What do you think?"

"Yeah, that'll be better."

They are now in front of Mina's apartment. "Let's eat while working on it so you can go home early." Mina said as they entered.

"No rush, no one's at home yet so I can stay a little bit late and we need to finish this. We need to send it to Jeong so she'll have time to prepare."

Then Mina prepared the food while Chaeng started working on her laptop editing the videos. She's seated on the couch with her laptop on the table.

"Eat first." Mina handed her sandwich and a soda in can.

"Thanks." Chaeng replied with a smile.

Mina sat on the floor, across Chaeng. She started writing the report. They were silent, too focused on what they're doing. They just ate and work simultaneously.

Mina noticed Chaeng yawned and stretched her arms then laid her back on the couch. She's been crouching the whole time cause the table was small. She slapped herself trying to wake herself up and put the laptop on her lap and started working again.

She must be tired already. She got up started picking their leftovers. Chaeng was about to get up and help her but Mina stopped her.

"Just finish that so you can go home and rest."

"Oh ok then." Chaeng continued on editing.

Mina went to the kitchen and brushed her teeth. She also washed her face to freshen herself up. When she got back to the living room, she saw Chaeng asleep, her hands still on her laptop.

Aigoo. She must be so tired that she fell asleep like that. She thought as she stared at the sleeping cub. Should I wake her up and send her home? She sat beside her, hesitating on what to do.

Suddenly, Chaeng's phone rang. It's on the table, and she can see on the screen that it's her mom calling. Mina tapped Chaeng's shoulder, "Chaeyoung-a, your mom is calling." She said as she tried to wake her up but there was no response.

The call ended. After a few seconds it rang again. It must be important.

"Chaeyoung-a, wake up, you're mom is calling." This time she's shaking her lightly, but still no response. Gosh, she's such a deep sleeper.

Two missed calls, and again her mom is calling for the third time. This time Mina answered it.

"Yeoboseyo?"

"Chaeyoung-a, what took you so long to answer your phone?" Chaeng's mom said in a worried tone.

"Good evening Mrs. Son. Sorry but this is Mina, Chaeyoung's friend. She's currently sleeping. I tried to wake her up but she won't even budge that's why I answered the phone." Mina replied politely.

"Mina? Oh yes, I remember. Her new friend at school and neighbor right?"

"Huh? Uhm yes."

"Where are you by the way?"

"We're at my apartment. We just came from an event for our project and stayed here for a bit to finalize it. But seems like your daughter is too tired that she fell asleep on the couch. Please wait for a moment, I'll try to wake her up again."

"Don't, just let her be. It'll be hard for her to sleep again once she wakes up. She must be really tired, she had her training earlier and she told me about the project as well. Actually, I have a favor to ask." Chaeng's mom said.

Training? "What is it Mrs. Son?

"Me and my husband are still here at Jeju Island and I don't think we'll be able to go back to Seoul tonight. Her brother's at his dorm and the Nanny went to the hospital due to family matter. She'll be home alone and my daughter is such a scaredy cat. I don't want her to be alone at home as well. I feel more at ease if she's with someone that I trust and since she's already there, sleeping, can she stay for the night instead if it's ok with you Mina-ssi?

Wait what? She trusts me even we haven't met yet? I wonder what Chaeng told her mom about me. But yeah, I think that's a good idea. She seems so tired. "Yes of course. I'll take care of her don't worry."

"Really? Good." Mina heard her sighed in relief. "We'll be back tomorrow by lunch. You should come over and eat with us." 

"No it's okay." Mina politely declined.

"I insist. I'm looking forward to meet you as well."

"Oh well, sure. I'll be more than glad to meet you too Mrs. Son."

"Good. So I'll see you tomorrow. And thank you for your kindness."

"No problem. Take care Mrs. Son." Mina replied.

Then the call ended. She put the phone back on the table and looked at Chaeng. She got the laptop from Chaeng's lap and put it on the table. Then slowly, she held her on the back and made her lie down. She got her blanket from her room and put wrapped it around her.

Mina stared at Chaeng, smiling. She examined every detail of Chaeng's face. She's pretty. How can you look so innocent while sleeping? Then unknowingly, she brushed her hands on Chaeng's hair.

"Good night Chaeyoung-a."

.

.

.

To be continued..

Hi guys!! Thanks for reading. Sorry it took me a while to update.

Anyways, any song suggestions for our main characters to sing for their project? Please do consider that it's as if them who wrote it. Thanks!

And here are some photos of our sleeping Chaeng. Okay, she's not really sleeping in the other pics but let's just say she is.
Isn't she adorable??

Credits to the owner.

Just imagine her sleeping like this. Urgh!! Mina, how can you resist that?

This is the most legit one. Sorry Chaeng :)

And this is how Mina would look at her.

And our photographer.

Please comment and vote. Thanks!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

59.4K 2.5K 49
you will freaking hate Jungkook. I'm sorry. #1 in BangTwice
150K 5K 34
"I must have married you for a reason right? I refuse to let you go that easily, let's fix this." Most impressive rankings: #2 in myouimina #3 in min...
119K 6K 72
❝ Can you sacrifice your love for revenge? ❞ SANA X TZUYU [SATZU] FANFICTION 2021 Date Started: February 3, 2021 COMPLETED!!!! August 30, 2021
3.3K 305 11
When a baseball injury sends Jeongyeon to physical therapy, her only goal is to get better and get back on the field. She doesn't have time to focus...