Angel City's Most Wanted: A T...

By After_Hours_Writer

Gunslinger, criminal, terrorist. These are just a few names to describe him. A young pilot and his Legion cla... More

One Last Crime
An Odd Encounter
One Thing Leads to Another
Enlistment
First Night
Emerald Forest Pt. 1
Emerald Forest Pt. 2
First Night
Leadership
Faunus Lessons
Allies
Forever Fall

A Beacon of Hope

9.3K 120 311
By After_Hours_Writer

Krieg's POV

Using the resources we had, Morior and I built a massive fire, using one of the trees as fuel and a log as something to lay on. I took off the helmet, placing it beside the log as I drifted off into slumber, letting my mind wonder off once again.

I found myself on the porch of a cabin, sitting on a swinging chair while looking over into the woods ahead. With each gentle swing, noticed a leaf falling one by one. After an hour of peaceful fall, a single snowflake fell from the heavens to warn of winter. Then another. And another, till winter came along, yet there was still a similarity between the two seasons.

Peace....quiet.....ease.

As I closes my eyes in this world, I could heard a small whisper from everywhere.

???: Krieg.

I opened my eyes and looked around, only to see nothing.

???: Kriiiiieg.

The snowy ice, as well as myself faded away into darkness. Sounds of gunfire and screaming surrounded me.

???: Krieg!

Huh?

I woke back up to the real world....well as real as it could get. Looking around, I saw the firepit extinguished and Morior in front, holding out my helmet with his massive hand. Taking it from his hand, I placed the helmet back on my head and streteched.

Morior: WE ARE APPROXIMATELY TWO MINUTES AND THIRTEEN SECONDS BEHIND OUR SCHEDULE...
AFTER YOUR STRETCH, WE'LL BE ON OUR WAY TO THE OBJECTIVE.

It'll be fine Morior. They can wait a few minutes anyways.

I finished my stretch and embarked the Legion class Titan as we began walking to the police station.

An hour later....

We entered the city, which we found out through a sign called Vale, the same way we did the first time. As we crossed the bridge, we noticed several roadblocks in both directions, cutting the town off for a bit as we progressed through the streets.

Wonder what's going on?

Morior: THE CITY BLOCKS AROUND US HAVE BEEN EVACUATED TEMPORARILY PILOT...
IT IS PROBABLE OUR PRESENCE HAS SOMETHING TO DO WITH IT.

Ok, maybe that's it.

We approached a massive ship in front of the police station and entered from the back, waiting as it immediately took off to our destination.

Timeskip brought to you by RWBY Chibi:

I changed into a dark orange sweatshirt and forest green cargo pants while in the Titan. As the Bullhead doors opened, Morior and I exited the ship, only to see the school in all of it's glory.

Well that's.....that's something else.

Morior: INDEED IT IS PILOT...
I'LL BE WAITING IN THE HANGAR AWAITING YOUR INSTRUCTIONS...
TILL THEN, I RECOMMEND MAKING SOME FRIENDS.

Dude. We're here to understand this planet, not to make friends.

Morior: I DID NOT UNDERSTAND YOUR LAST STATEMENT PILOT...
PLEASE SPEAK AGAIN.

Oh my god, you're being an ass. Fine. I'll go 'make some friends'. That psychopath outta do.

Morior: MISS RUBY ROSE WOULD MAKE AN EXCELLENT FIRST FRIEND PILOT.

That was a joke.

I disembarked Morior and took off all my equipment, only for him to walk  away from me towards an open hangar. After chasing him down, I grabbed two Hammond P2011 pistols as well as a SMART pistol in case shit went south.

I walked out of the hangar and rolled up the sleeves of the swearshirt, only to see a few punctures where stim were administered on the forearms as well as some burn marks.

Damn. Looks worse than I thought. Whatever.

I walked towards the front of Beacon, standing and watching the other students come in. It was there I noticed the little red one and I'm guessing her friend, having a conversation as I placed my back against an oak tree and listened.

Yang: The view from Vale's got nothing on this!

Ruby: Ohmygosh, Yang! That kid's got a collapsible staff! And she's got a fire sword!

I watched as she ran towards another student, only to be stopped by her friend.

Yang: Easy there, little sister. They're just weapons!

Sister? Dear god, not another one.

Ruby: Just weapons? They're an extension of ourselves! They're a part of us! Oh, they're so cool!

Yang: Well, why can't you swoon over your own weapon? Aren't you happy with it?

I noticed Ruby transforming what I thought was a suitcase into the scythe from before.

Kinda wishing the Kraber could do that.

Ruby: Of course I'm happy with Crescent Rose! I just really like seeing new ones. It's like meeting new people, but better...

Yang: Ruby, come on, why don't you go try and make some friends of your own?

Ruby: But... why would I need friends if I have you?

Yang: Well... Actually, my friends are here. Gotta go catch up. Kay, see ya, bye!

She left her sister on her own, spinning around and confused.

Kind of a dick move.

Ruby: Wait, where are you going?! Are we supposed to go to our dorms? Where are our dorms? Do we have dorms? I don't know what I'm doing...

Good point, what are we supposed to be doing?

I looked around and saw nothing, only to look back and see the young girl being screamed at by someone else.

???: Unbelievable! This is exactly the kind of thing I was talking about!

Ruby: I'm really, really sorry!

???: Ugh, you complete dolt! What are you even doing here? Aren't you a little young to be attending Beacon?

Damn, this is sad to watch.

I noticed a vial in front of me and picked it up, noticing a snowflake labeled on it.

Huh? Odd.

Before I could get a chance to open it, the same white haired woman snatched it from my hands, giving me the same temper tantrum.

???: And what are you doing trying to steal my stuff?

Krieg: I was just looking, settle down miss.

???: You're lucky I don't report you to the headmaster, you...

Unlike Ruby, who needed a friend, I wasn't exactly in the mood for threats.

Krieg: Ok, look. Take your damn vial and leave me alone or I will enforce the 11-12-13 rule on you.

???: What in Remnant is that?

I'm glad you asked.

Krieg: It will take 11 doctors 12 hours to get my size 13's out of your ass, are we clear ma'am?

Appalled by my rather provocative statemant, she strutted by me, leaving her butlers to clean the mess.

???: Was that called for?

I looked to my left and noticed, to my surprise that Blake had enrolled in this place. My mind went back to the train incident before realizing that she was talking to me and I had looked like an idiot.

Blake: You okay?

I shook my head and responded.

Krieg: Yeah, I-I thought you were someone else. Sorry.

I walked away from Blake, a bit confused.

What is she doing here?

As I began to lose everyone's sight, Ruby just had to notice me.

Ruby: Krieg!

Fuck!

My shoulders sank as I turned around to see Ruby with a blonde haired boy wearing white and gold.

Krieg: Yes?

The two of them ran up to me as Ruby introduced me to the boy.

Ruby: Krieg, this is-..

???: The name's Jaune Arc! Short, sweet, rolls off the tongue ladies love it!

-_-  You're the one that's in it for the fame, aren't you?

Ruby: Do they?

Jaune: They will! Well, I-I hope they will. My mom always says that... Never mind.

Ruby giggled a bit before silence stopped the conversation.

Ruby: So... I got this thing!

The young girl grabbed her suitcase and transformed it into a scythe. With it, she hit the ground with it, letting a scope extend out from it.

Is that a sniper scope?

Jaune: Whoa! Is that a scythe?

Ruby: It's also a customizable high-impact sniper rifle!

Jaune and I looked at each other before he spoke up, clearly confused.

Jaune: A-wha...?

Krieg: A sniper rifle. You mind if I see it?

With a smile, she replied.

Ruby: Sure!

I grabbed the scythe from the bottom and aimed, realizing that the blade was acting as a bipod.

This is surprisingly easy to aim. Looks like either a 6 or 8x zoom. Can't tell.

I fired a shot from it, expecting a bit of recoil, but to no avail. I bolted the round out of the chamber and inspected it, seeing the casing was similar, if not bigger than a Longbow round.

Damn.

Krieg: How many is in the clip?

Ruby: 15.

15? That's pretty fucking high for a rifle.

Krieg: And the rounds?

Ruby: Dust infused rounds.

Krieg: Intresting.

Ruby: What do you think?

Krieg: Reminds me of a Longbow sniper rifle.

Ruby:....the what?

Krieg: Its just a similar weapon to this. Just without the scythe attached to it.

Ruby: Oh. Well what about you Krieg?

Krieg: Well that depends.

Ruby: Okay, what about the big handgun?

She referred to the SMART Pistol.

Krieg: Oh. That.

Ruby: Yes?

I grabbed the SMART Pistol and flipped the safety switch, starting up the calibration process.

Krieg: Give me a second, I have to calibrate it to the neurosensors in my eyes.

Jaune: Umm....

Krieg: You'll see.

The gun finished calibrating, allowing my eyes to become the reticle of the handgun.

Ruby: So....what is it?

Krieg: This is the SMART Pistol MK6, the latest version of its kind.

Jaune: What makes it smart?

I noticed a group of birds circling around us.

13 in total.

Krieg: Watch the gun and the birds.

As I looked up, I watched the weapon lock on to 12 of them, each bullet in the mag having it's own flight path.

Krieg: Annd. Go.

Pulling the trigger as fast as I could, I shot down all 12 marked birds with the magazine without aiming. The last bird fleed at strikingly fast speeds. Ruby was amazed by the weapon, but Jaune was extremely confused. The two spoke as I dropped the empty magazine and inserted a full one.

Jaune: What just happened?

Ruby: Your gun has tracking bullets!?

Krieg: Yes, they do.

Ruby: That's almost as cool as your Tita-.

I covered her mouth with my hand while at the same time pointing at her.

Krieg: You. Shhh...

Ruby: Mhmmmm mmm mmm mmmm..

I let go of her as she kept silent.

Jaune: Tit-what?

Krieg: Titan weaponry. It's nothing special. Right?

Ruby: Nope. Nothing special at all.

That was the least convincing sentence I've ever heard.

Jaune: Okaay? Do you know where we're going?

Krieg: Don't you?

Jaune: Not really. I thought you knew.

Oh dear.

Fortunately, we heard an announcement from one of the teachers.

???: Will all the new students please report to the auditorium. All new students report to the auditorium.

I began to notice several students walking towards a set building, pushing and shoving through the two small doors.

Must be it.

I....we followed the hoard of students into the auditorium. The area filled to the brim with students. Admist the chaos, Ruby managed to find her sister jumping and waving on our direction.

Yang: Ruby! Over here! I saved you a spot!

Ruby: Oh! Hey, I-I gotta go! I'll see you guys after the ceremony!

Jaune: Hey, wait!

She ran off before Jaune could say another word. He spoke in defeat, his shoulders slouched over.

Jaune: Ah, great. Where am I supposed to find another nice, quirky girl to talk to?!

I too walked away from him, retreating to the closest corner I could, tapping my foot as I waited for the speech. The crabby girl in white from before approached me with a pamphlet titled "Dust for Dummies and Other Inadequate Individuals".

Krieg: And what's this?

???: The Schnee Dust Company is not responsible for any injuries or damages sustained while operating a Schnee Dust Company product. Although not mandatory, the Schnee Family highly encourages........blah blah blah. Blah. Blah blah blah blah blah.

Krieg: Please just stop.

She went silent.

Krieg: I'm still going to stick with lead.

Again, she strutted away from me.

Schnee: I was just trying to help you.

Well the title of the book doesn't exactly help your argument.

The headmaster eventually came out from the stage and approached the microphone, silencing the chaos around me.

Finally old man.

Ozpin: I'll... ke.ep this brief. You have traveled here today in search of knowledge, to hone your craft and acquire new skills, and when you have finished, you plan to dedicate your life to the protection of the people.

Ok, generic speech.

Ozpin: But I look amongst you, and all I see is wasted energy, in need of purpose, direction.

That's new.

Ozpin: You assume knowledge will free you of this, but your time at this school will prove that knowledge can only carry you so far. It is up to you to take the first step.

I don't get it.

As Ozpin leaves the stage, the Huntress from before approached the mic, taking her turn to speak.

Huntress: You will gather in the ballroom tonight. Tomorrow, your initiation begins. Be ready. You are dismissed.

Timeskip brought to you by RWBY Chibi: Ruby and Krieg end up at a shooting range together, comparing Crescent Rose to Kraber-AP.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

33.6K 725 27
Jet is a new student at Beacon, and he's caught team RWBY's attention. He rarely talks, and isn't even assigned to a team. Outside of school, the si...
47.6K 691 30
This is a Yang X Reader, you are Y/N, a knight in training, ran from his home and now must live with his past right behind him, he joined Beacon to f...
35.2K 348 15
Alex aka Carnage was a Apex Predator. He and two of his friends were evacuated off their ship due to a engine catching fire. While stranded on a plan...
99.1K 1.2K 27
no discription