F R E E ✔ [completed]

By Beasterz02

Where paths cross and 2 lives are thrown into a huge mess called love. A story where trust is your enemy, pro... More

Heads Up
Neighbors:1
You're an idiot:2
Together:3
Simple Sweet Sixteen:4
Beware of Dog:5
Stupid Friends:6
Finally Free:7
Saying goodbye:8
Long Time No See:9
Promise Me No Promises:10
Broken Hurts:11
Talks With Jonah:12
Back to Prison:13
Jealous:14
Change of Plans:15
Full of Surprises:16
Game Changer:17
Voicemail:18
I'm Sorry:19
Strangers: 20
Boys and Babies:21
Cheaters:22
Love:23
Parties:24
Tears:25
Fights:26
Unplanned:27
Pretty Girls:28
Shopping With JackJack:29
Homecoming:30
Homecoming pt.2:31
Pregnant:32
Memory Box:33
Double Trouble:34
Roses:36
Jayden:37
Words I Didn't Say:38
Voices:39
I Didn't Mean To:40
Forgiveness:41
Loneliness:42
Fairy Lights and Kisses:43
Sharks:44
Just Friends:45
Bench:46
Love At First Convo:47
Triple Date:48
Amnesia:49
Judge Jonah:50
Breaking Point:51
New Years:52
Tired of Waiting:53
Home:54
Um:55
The Wedding:56
More Goodbyes:57
Hiding:58
Chopsticks:59
Lucas:60
Tell Him:61
Death:62
Letters:63
Prom:64
Big Day:65
Competition:66
Birthday:67
Texts:68
Mine:69
School:70
Marriage:71
A Champion:72
Hurry:73
No Show:74
The List:75
Baby:76
Valerie:77
Jayden Lee:78
We Meet Again:79
A Visitor:80
24 Hours:81
Veronica:82
Missing:83
Free:84
!!important announcement!!
!!ANOTHER PROMO!!
hi i miss this book
new book

Cheater:35

2.8K 70 115
By Beasterz02

A/N: There will be a  lot of time skipping.

Deja: 

"I get these weird vibes from her," I said. Chloe sat next to me in the library so we could work on our English project.

"What type of weird vibes?"

"Like, I feel like she doesn't like me. Like at all."

"Well, duh. She's Peyton Deegan. Your boyfriend's ex-girlfriend, of course, she doesn't like you."

"Well, thanks for the positivity!" I said sarcastically.

"I'm just saying, Jayden is super hot. Most of the girls at this school hate you, including your sister."

"I don't understand why though. I can't control Jayden's genetics or how good he looks!"

"Yeah, but Jayden can control who to loves and he loves you. Which is why all the girls at this school hate you. Because they're jealous."

"I just don't get it."

"You don't get anything," she said.

"Shut up, Jack," I said. She smiled.

"I don't like him." She blushed.

"Of course, you don't. You're just stalking his Instagram and his friends' Instagrams because you're a total creep." She rolled her eyes and changed the subject. She likes him so much, it's cute.

"Anyways, I didn't know Bridget broke up with Zach."

"What do you mean?" I asked. "They're still together."

"Are you sure?"

"Yeah, he came over yesterday and they were making out on the couch."

"Interesting..."

"Why, what happened?"

"I saw her with Lucas at McDonald's on Sunday. The day you were taken to the hospital."

"So?"

"They looked like they were a lot more than friends. I thought they were friends until she kissed him."

"On the lips?"

"On. The. Lips."

"That little backstabbing cheater!" I yelled slamming my hands on the table.

"Keep it down," The librarian whispered.

"I tried to tell Chloe that. Sorry, Mrs.Dubose." Mrs. Dubose just went back to reading her book while Chloe rolled her eyes at me.

"I can't believe she's cheating on him."

"And I can't believe Lucas is trying to get at me, but he's hooking up with my step-sister."

"Gross... They're both disgusting."

"I know."

"I don't wanna be rude and I didn't wanna say this to anyone, but I knew Bridget and Zach wouldn't last."

"I don't wanna be rude either, but same." We both laughed and got another shushing from Mrs. Dubose. "Sorry, Mrs. Dubose. I tried to tell Chloe to quiet down." Chloe punched my shoulder.

"Are you gonna tell him?"

"Tell who what?"

"Are you gonna tell Zach that Bridget is cheating on him?"

"I don't know."

"You should. He doesn't deserve to be treated like that. No one deserves to be treated like that."

"I know... I just, we're not on good terms right now," I said.

"He's still angry with you?"

"No, but he thinks I'm a liar and I don't want to forgive him as of currently. He hurt me in so many ways and I'm not ready to forgive him."

"You don't have to forgive him if you're not ready, but I think it's best for him to know that you still care." I sighed.

"I'll think about it."

"Ladies, if you don't quiet down, I think you might have to leave," Mrs. Dubose said.

"Sorry," Chloe said. "I'll make sure Deja is quiet."

"Jerk..." I whispered. We both laughed softly as Mrs. Dubose went back to her desk next to the book check-in.

...

"Hey, what's your guys' new address?" I asked Jack before he hung up the phone.

"I'll send it to you."

"Okay good, I was planning on stopping by."

"Really?"

"Yeah, I need to talk to Zach."

"Oh... are you okay?"

"Yeah, why?"

"That doesn't seem like something you'd do."

"It's important."

"Okay, I'll send it to you."

"Thank you," I said. "I'll see you in a little bit."

"Alright, bye."

Jack hung up the phone. I continued to finish my book report on To Kill A Mockingbird. I never really understood the meaning of the book when I read it 9th grade, mostly because I just read the Spark Notes version. But after rereading it for my English book report and actually understanding the book and it's vocabulary, it made a lot more sense. The book report was due next week, but I like finishing all of my work the day I get it.

I got the address from Jack. I smiled and set my phone back down so I could finish my book report. I shut my laptop and got up. I put on Jayden's sweater that I wore to school today. I changed out of my basketball shorts and into sweats.

"Where are you going?" Bridget asked while watching TV.

"I'm gonna go over to Zach's house."

"Okay," She said. "Tell him that I love him."

"Yeah, sure..." I rolled my eyes thinking about how I was going to tell Zach that the love of his life is cheating on him. On top of all of that tell him that the love of his life is cheating on him with another cheater.

"Oh, did you meet the new girl?" Bridget asked. "Her name's like Peyton or whatever."

"Yeah," I said.

"We're friends now. I heard she was Jayden's ex."

"Yeah and we're done with this conversation."

I walked out of the house and grabbed the skateboard Jonah bought for me to replace the old one that he broke. (A/N: In chapter one Jonah promises to buy Deja a new skateboard remember?) 

I put my phone on google maps and entered the address. 

...

I came to a stop in front of a beautiful white house that had glowing golden lights that poured through the glass windows. The setting sun gave the house a beautiful glow that bounced off the house at different angles. I stared in awe.

I texted Jack.

Me: I think I'm here 

Jack: You are. 

Jack opened the door and I smiled. I ran up to him and gave him a tight hug.

"The new house is gorgeous," I said looking around.

"It's amazing, but it's pretty big for 5 guys."

"I mean, I'm down to be your roommate." He laughed.

"One day."

"Yeah, we'll live together in a dump apartment when your career goes downhill."

"Is that really what you think is going to happen to my career?" He asked.

"No. I was joking. I think you're going to be really successful. I just feel it and I know it. You've got this encouraging and happy spirit that makes other people want to pursue their dreams."

"Really?"

"Yup."

"Thanks, nugget." He smiled. "Now how about we give you a house tour?"

"I'd love that." I smiled.

He showed me around the house and the outsides. They each had their own rooms so they had their own personal space. (A/N: I don't really know what their new house looks like. This is incorrect. Do not follow storyline.) 

...

I saw my chance to talk to Zach and I took it.

"Hey, can I talk to you?"

"Oh, so now you wanna talk to me?!" He said angrily. All the guys stopped talking.

"Look, you were the one who messed up. Not me. And I'm only talking to you because I care about your feelings."

"If you cared about my feeling you would've talked to me at Homecoming."

"If you cared about me and wanted to continue to talk to me, you wouldn't have said what you said to me the night of Bridget's party." He fell silent. "Now you're going to talk to me whether you like it or not."

He followed me to the backyard.

"Look, it might sound absolutely crazy, but Bridget is cheating on you."

"You expect me to believe that?"

"Well, yeah."

"You lied to me."

"I didn't lie to you."

"Yeah right. You're lying to me right now."

"I didn't lie to you. And I'm not lying to you right now. Bridget is cheating on you with a guy named Lucas."

"I don't believe you at all," He said rolling his eyes. "Bridget loves me. You don't love me."

"Of course, I love you, Zach. As a friend and because I love you as a friend I'm telling you the truth so you don't rip yourself up when you find out the truth."

"And the truth is you're a liar."

"Why can't you believe me-"

I felt Zach's lips on mine. I immediately pushed him off.

"Zach, I have a boyfriend."

"Don't tell me you didn't feel anything for me."

"I'd be lying to myself if I told you I felt something. I'm sorry..."

"Stop lying! I know you felt something for me!"

"I don't, Zach. I don't have feelings for guys who hurt me and accuse me of lying!"

"Deja, don't you get it?! I still love you!" He yelled grabbing my shoulders. "And I can't stop loving you! I can't get your stupid voice and your stupid face out of my stupid brain and I was wrong to treat you the way I did!"

"Zach, that hurts," I said trying to get his hands off of me.

"Why can't you see that?! I still love you! What language do I have to say it in for you to understand that?! All I ask of you is to love me back! Do you love me!?" He yelled.

I felt bruises forming on my arms from the pain he was leaving on my flesh. But I also felt bruises forming in my heart from the pain he was causing in my soul.

"I don't love you, Zach!" I yelled crying. "I'm tired of the pain you give me!"

"You give me pain too! But I still love you! Love me back, Deja! Please!"

"Zach, I'm not going to be a part of the game you're playing. I'm not going to hurt Jayden because Bridget hurts you."

"Bridget's not cheating on me!"

"Yeah, she is!"

"You know what?! Leave! You liar! You know you can't love me because I'm with Bridget, so this is just one of your stupid tricks to get guys to love you so can hurt them. And don't deny it because I know about all the games you've played. Bridget told me every last one of them."

"I'm not like that."

"But you are. You get into my head and play these tricks that make me think that you might still love me and then crush me and break me to pieces because you enjoy watching me in pain and watching me suffer."

"I don't like watching you suffer, that's why I'm telling you that Bridget is cheating on you!"

"Shut up!" He yelled.

"I'm just trying to save you from getting hurt!" I yelled.

He kissed me again. For a split second, I kissed him back remembering all the times he kissed me and I fell more in love with him. This time though, I felt nothing but pain. He hurt me and he expects me to love him and pretend like what he said didn't mean anything. I pushed him off of me.

"Stop!" I yelled.

"Please," he cried. "Please, tell me you felt something."

"I'm sorry..." I said walking away and back into the house.

"You're a liar!" He yelled. I walked right past all of the guys who stared at me. I walked out the house and didn't look back. I hopped on my board and went home.

Jack called me. I ignored him.

Jonah called me. I ignored him.

Corbyn called me. I ignored him.

Daniel called me. I ignored him.

Jayden called me. I ignore him.

Zach: *The next day*

I woke up remembering what Deja told me last night. I got a phone call from Bridget. She stopped ignoring me the day after Deja was taken to the hospital and people were saying she was pregnant. But Jack and Jonah confirmed that she wasn't which made me happy. But I was still angry at her for not loving me back.

"Hello?" I said into the phone.

"Hey, babe!" 

"Hi, love." I laughed a little.

"Can you hang out today?" She asked.

"Well, today's my off day," I said.

"Yay!" 

"What were you planning to do?"

"I wanna go shopping."

"Shopping?"

"Yeah," She said.

"Um... okay?"

"What's wrong?"

"We always go shopping."

"No, we don't."

"Yes, Bridget. We do."

The line went silent.

"Actually, I have to do something after school."

"Oh..."

"I'm sorry," She said.

"It's fine. We can hang out another time."

"It sucks our schedules are always busy."

"It really does... but hey, at least we're together."

"Yeah..."

Throughout the whole conversation, I thought about what Deja said. What if Bridget suddenly had plans after school because she is cheating on me with someone else?

...

"Hey, Zach!" Jack called.

"What up?!"

"You down to go to McDonald's?!"

"I'm down!"

"Hurry up then!"

I got up and put on better clothes. I hadn't left the house the whole day. Corbyn and Daniel went to go buy new shoes, Jonah went to go shop for more Harry Potter stuff and Jack hung out with Deja.

I ran downstairs and Jack and I began out walk to McDonald's which wasn't too far from here.

"So, you and Deja?" Jack said awkwardly.

"I'm angry with her."

"Why?"

"She's a liar."

"No, she's not."

"What if she is pregnant and she's just lying to you?" I asked.

"You don't really believe that, do you?"

"I don't know who to believe anymore."

"Deja's not pregnant. The doctors confirmed it."

"I don't wanna talk about Deja right now." It fell silent and the rest of the walk we talked about memes.

We both walked into McDonald's and got ourselves food.

We continued to talk about a whole bunch of things and how grateful we were for our supporters because they're the only reason why we've come this far. I smiled at the thought of all the people around the world who spend the time to come see us in concert, sit and watch our videos or even make us fan edits on their amazing fan accounts.

We walked out and headed back home. But I stopped when I saw Bridget.

She was in a car with another guy that was parked in front of McDonald's. I watched in pain as she kissed him. When she pulled away she looked up and saw me. We made eye contact for a split second before she got out of the car and ran after me.

"Zach, I can explain! It's not what it looks like!" She called. I turned and faced her. Jack was standing on the sidewalk next to the busy road.

"There's no explaining to do! You're obviously cheating on me with him!"

"Okay, so maybe that's what it looks like... but Zach, I love you."

"Cut the crap, Bridget. You cheated on me."

"Please, Zach... I love you and all of your fans!" I felt disgusted.

"That's why you're dating me. You're dating me for the fame! How could you, Bridget? I thought you actually liked me!"

"I do... Zach, I do."

"No, Bridget. You don't."

"You can't be mad at me if Deja does it too!"

"What are you talking about?"

"Deja doesn't care about you! She's only friends with you for the fame!"

"Deja's a real friend. She came and told me last night that you were cheating on me even though I put her through so much crap. And I didn't listen to her, I called her a liar, a cheater. I said things that you made me think. But she's not the person you described her to be, Bridget. You were just describing yourself."

"How dare you."

"And that Lucas kid in the car, he doesn't deserve to be treated like this either."

"I can't believe you, Zach. After all, I did for you?!"

"You didn't do anything for me! At all! You didn't even wanna save my Snapchat streaks when I asked you to because my phone died! I lost my 214-day streak with Corbyn because of you!"

"I tried to be a good girlfriend-"

"And you failed. Miserably. We're through Bridget."

"You can't break up with me! No one ever breaks up with me!"

"I just did."

I walked away feeling happy that I got Bridget out of my life, but I also walked away guilty knowing that I hurt an innocent person, Deja Anne Johnson.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

509 8 50
A WDW fanfic A girl who loves these 5 boys but cant afford to go to a concert but somehow ends up being best friends with them. Read to find out how
320K 7.6K 41
"--I want you to share that air with m-- AH!" A sudden car honk cuts off my encore, along with my poor excuse of what I like to call, dancing. I he...
799K 12K 189
thank u for reading this was a fun one to write completed ✔️
115K 1.5K 59
A book following the life of young girl Ella as she goes through breakups, anxiety and many of life's difficulties but with Daniel right by her side...