Vanilla Chocolate

By RDFarhanah

The beginning of love is to let those we love be perfectly themselves, and not to twist them to fit our image... More

Author's Notes
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Epilogue
Author's Notes

Chapter 18

241 20 13
By RDFarhanah

(Ranbir's POV)

Change can be a good thing especially when you tried to start a new chapter in life and that's what actually happened to me. I've achieved lots of things in my life. From controversy businessman to businessman of the year and I've even achieved my goal on clearing my dad's name and proved that he's innocent. Yes, I'm a better person now and I guess the state of mind and life that I'm going through right now is what Deepika was tried to say to me when she rejected my proposal. She just want me to achieve everything that I want by being the real me not Ranbir that the world want me to be. How I wish I can realised and understand what she's tried to tell me that time. I was so selfish that time to realise everything. My mind was packed with anger and hatred that time. How stupid I was that time to just throw the most precious thing that happened in my life just like that. Damn you, Ranbir !

"And our overall company profits was 40% more higher than before in just 2 years, dude. You're really make it ! This was far more better than what your father want you to achieve, man. Right, dude ? Ranbir ? Ranbir ..!"

Varun shook me and bring me back to reality.

"What happened, dude ?"

"Nothing ..."

"Ah come on ..don't lie to me, Ranbir."

"It's nothing, Varun. I was just thinking about my father's case .."

"Dude, your father's case already settled last year."

"Urmm ..no, I was thinking about company deals and all ..."

"We've achieved 40% profits more than before, dude. There's nothing you should worry about. Let me tell you what you're thinking just now."

"What ?"

"You're thinking about Deepika. Am I right ?" asked Varun.

Well, Varun was right. After all, he and Parineeti was the one who helped me to find my crazy girl. I asked their help to search where were she all this while but there was no sign of her after she left on that day. Thank God, I have Varun and Parineeti as my best friend as they never get tired helping me in anything. May God bless them.

"You have any news about her ?"

"No, Ranbir. I'm sorry. But I think maybe Parineeti know something because lately she's kind of busy calling someone. Maybe she know where .." said Varun before he stopped when Parineeti suddenly entered my office room.

"Ranbir, I've found something !"

"See, I told you, dude." said Varun.

"I've found something about Deepika." said Parineeti as she sat besides Varun right in front of me.

"Look, I've found her parent's house address in India. But I'm not pretty sure whether she lived there or not."

"But where did you found it ?" asked Varun.

"Varun, do you remember that Ranbir once asked you to find out about Deepika's background when he met her for the first time ? You've search about her details, her full name and all that ?"

"Urmm ...yeah ..."

"And remember you've found out that she was studied in a B.School ?"

"Yeah ...then ?"

"Then, I've went to that B.School and asked about her. I've told the management that I was her niece and we're lost contact so that's how I can get her details."

"Ouhh ...very intelligent huh, Pari ..."

"Well, I am. So, Ranbir ? What you're going to do next ?"

I was busy with my thought when Parineeti asked me that question. I looked at the address. It's Padukone's House. It's sounds like a private housing area. But my crazy girl was just a simple type of person like a middle class person. Don't get me wrong, it just I was a bit confused because if her family was rich then why she needs to trouble herself for living and study ?

"Dude ..!" shook Varun.

"Huh ?"

"What are you going to do now ?" asked Varun.

I don't know what should I do next. I mean it's been two years since I saw her and I was searching for her like a maniac and now, I'm blank. But I think I need to take a step.

"Varun, Parineeti. I need both of you to take care of my business while I was not here."

"But where are you going ?" asked Parineeti.

"I've found my crazy girl, Pari. Okay, just take care of the company. Bye."

I told them with a smile on my face as I was very excited to see my crazy girl. Then, I quickly went out from my office before I've realised that I missed something. Something very important.

"Why did Ranbir behaved like that ?"

I heard Varun asked Parineeti as I entered my office room to take that important thing.

"Because T-Rex finally found his crazy girl, dude. I've forgot this. Anyways, Varun ..I want you to ask my pilot to get my private jet ready. Do it now. And Pari .."

I took the paper which have the address of Deepika's parents house and walked towards Parineeti before I gave a peck on her cheek.

"Thanks for this."

"Eeuuww, Ranbir ...please, I'm not Deepika, okay." said Parineeti as she wiped her cheek. Well, I can smell someone burning while watching me do that to Parineeti.

"Relax, Varun. She's always yours." I told Varun before I left the office.

~~~

There will always be a reason why you meet people. Either you need to change your life, or you're the one that'll change theirs. And for me, the reason why I met Deepika is because I need to change my life. I need to be the real me. And that's what she teach me. Right now, I was standing in front of her parent's house, Padukone's House. It was a huge house, a private one. Her parents seems like a very rich people but Deepika was just a simple girl, no sign of "the typical rich girl" at all. With all those confusing statement in my mind, I pressed the bell and waited for someone to open the gate for me.

"Yes ?" said an old guy who came out from the door and walked approached me at the gate.

"Urmm ...is this Padukone's House ?"

"Yes, son. I guess the it was written on the wall there." said that old guy, smiled.

Damn, that was a very stupid question !

"Urmm ..I was looking for Deepika. Deepika Padukone."

"And you are ?"

"I'm Ranbir. Ranbir Kapoor. Her ..."

"Ranbir Kapoor ? Oh, so you are Ranbir. Finally you've come, son. Come in. Let's talk inside of the house. Come." said the old guy before he opened the gate and guided me to enter the house.

"Ujala, Anisha. Look who's coming. It's Ranbir. Deepika's Ranbir." said the old guy or probably he is Deepika's father, I guessed.

Then, a young girl and an old lady came approached us with a smile on their face. And trust me, the face of that old lady really reminds me of my crazy girl ! But, where is she ?

"So you are Ranbir ...finally you've come here. I'm pretty sure you've realised what actually my daughter tried to say to you, son. Anyways, you guys carry on first. I'm going to make some coffee for us, okay ?" said the old lady or probably she is Deepika's mother, this time I'm sure with it.

"So what took you so long to realise what my daughter was trying to tell you, Ranbir ?"

"Ego, Papa. Ego ..right, Ranbir bhaiyya ?" said the young girl who sat besides me before she smiled as she looked at me.

"Hope you don't mind with Anisha say, son. Both of my daughter are like that. They just say what their heart want to say."

"Especially, Deepika. She's our crazy girl." said Deepika's mother as she passed me a cup of coffee before she sat besides her husband.

"Deepika is a very carefree and crazy girl. But she's also very independent. You know we actually can really afford her study fees but she chose to pay it with her own money. That's why she worked as a waitress before you kidnapped her." said Deepika's mother before she smile and sip her coffee.

"My sister are the best. She never gave any trouble to anyone. She just want everyone to be happy. She's the best. She told us that once you've realised what she was trying to tell you, you will come here and searching for her but one thing I can tell you that she's not here, dude. And we don't know where she's now."

"Yes, son. She told us that one day, you will bring her home but if you didn't, then probably she was wrong about you. So, you know where she's now ?" asked Deepika's father.

And trust me, honestly I don't know where have my crazy girl been. But then, Anisha said something. And those words that came from her have gave me the light to my darkness.

"I still remember that Di said she'll going to the place where her T-Rex will know because that was T-Rex's favourite place. His escape place. So where is that exactly ? Your escape place ?" asked Anisha with a smile.

Prague.

~~~

Shledání. The joy of meeting or finding someone again after a long separation or rediscovered. That what I felt when I saw her after a long time. She looked beautiful in a plain indigo t-shirt, maroon cardigan, slim fit jeans and white sneakers. That's my crazy girl. Simple as always. She was waving her hand to a kid with her killer smile on her face after that kid gave a peck on her cheek before left followed his parents. I can clearly saw how happy that kid was. 'Vanilla Chocolate', her simple cafe's name. It was a simple name just like her. I was busy looked at her cafe when I saw that she already saw me stood few steps in front of her cafe. And, her dimples just fade away like that. Our eyes met and I make a step to approach her. Silence. That's what happened when we stood in front of each other. I know that just because she didn't start the conversation, doesn't mean that she's not dying to speak to me but at least smile to me once, crazy girl. I really miss your smile !

"Hi." I broke the silence. Yet, she didn't say anything.

"Actually, I was searching for my crazy girl. She looks exactly same like you but she's ..she's very warm, crazy, wild and ..." I stopped as I waited for her to respond but she keeps silent.

"Anyways, if you meet her just tell her that I ...I wait for her at the Charles Bridge. Hopefully, she will come." I told her as I looked at her beautiful eyes.

"K dispozici je telefon od zákazníka s názvem David. Řekl, že chce objednat dort. (There's a call from a customer named, David. He said he wanted to order a cake.)" said a lady who came out from the cafe. Probably she's one of her staff.

Deepika just turned and entered the cafe. It's like she ignored me. Hopefully, not. With that, I just walked away from the cafe.

~~~

It's been two hours I've been waited for her at Charles Bridge but I don't see any sign of her. Did I really lost my crazy girl ?

"Hi." a voice approached me. It was her.

"Hi." I replied. But then, there was an awkward silence happened.

"Can I ask you something, Deepika ?"

She kept silence for a few moment.

"What ?"

"Does your dimples still there ?"

"Yeah, they can't disappeared na ?"

"Really ?"

"Yeah .."

"Show ..."

She blushed and smiled. And there her dimples showed up again. Only God knows how much I missed your smile, crazy girl.

"What are you doing in here ?"

"Looking for my life."

"What ?"

"Yeah, do you think I've came here for you ? Nah .."

"No, I didn't think of that. I know you will never searching for me, Ranbir. Because you've achieved a lot of things in your life na ? You don't need me. Even I also don't ...need you." she paused before said the last two words. She's still the same. Full of drama. How I miss this girl !

"Well, you were right." I mocked. I can saw how she annoyed with my reply as she looked at me before crossed her hands.

"Crazy girl, you know it's like I was fine before I met you but after I met you ...I just realised that I can be happy so I want you to marry me."

"What ?!"

"Yes, marry me because in my head we already married each other so now I want you too imagine that in your mind."

"Wait, what ?"

"What you mean by 'what ?', Deepika ?"

"Yeah, I mean ...why you want me to marry you ?"

"What ?!"

"I mean, you've achieved a lot of things without me, don't you ?"

"Okay, then ?"

"Ranbir ...then .."

"Yes ..then ?"

"Ranbir ..don't you understand what I'm trying to ask ?" she said as she hit my shoulder.

"What ?"

"Why you still need me ? You have everything in your life right now, na ?"

"Yeah, I don't need you but I need my life and my life is you, Deepika. The life which I can just be this annoying, crazy, wild and nonsense T-Rex. And if you said that I already have everything in my life then why this still happening ?" I said as I pointed at the gap between me and her. I can saw she was tried to understand what I'm tried to say.

"Why there's still a gap between me and you ? Why there's still a gap between me and my life ? Why .." I strangled as my crazy girl suddenly hug me. God, I miss her smells so much !

"Do you still love me ?" she said, brittled.

"Only a very serious and arrogant Ranbir that don't love you .."

"What you mean ?" she said as she looked at me. I can clearly saw her teary eyes.

"Did you know that both of us are just the same ? We think that we're very smart but actually we're very stupid." I said and she smiled.

"That's why, we've made for each other and that's why I love you so much, Deepika ..!" I cracked as I really mean what I said to her. I don't want anything or anyone. I just want her. I just want Deepika. She kissed me as a replied which I accepted it with full love.

"I love you too, Ranbir. So much ..!"

"So, Mrs.Ranbir ?"

"I will be but I want you to try my special menu at my cafe. Vanilla Chocolate Ice Cream Cake."

"It's Vanilla or Chocolate ? And it's an ice cream or a cake ?"

"It's both because I love both just like I love Ranbir and T-Rex." she smiled as she held my hands.

THE END.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.2K 357 22
❝When love is at its best, One loves so much that He cannot forget.❞ Years he spent loving her from afar. But she was out of his league, and for her...
2.7K 130 40
How destiny plays with you to meet the person you hate and never want to see again. The story runs between a young and aspiring girl Deepthi Malhotra...
9.4K 710 26
Sounds bit broken right? I know everyone of you will think that it is all about sad romantics but let me tell you that it's not the way you think. Ra...
34K 1K 34
Bunny is a flirty, loudspoken young guy whereas Naina is a nerdy, geeky class topper. Her shy personality changes during a trek in which Bunny teach...