WEB OF LIES [TRANS PETER PARK...

By teenbarton

In which few know that Peter Parker is Spider-Man, and even fewer know that he is transgender. ... More

introduction
prologue
one
two
three
four
five
six
seven
eight
nine
ten
eleven
twelve
thirteen
fourteen
fifteen
sixteen
seventeen
nineteen
twenty
twenty-one

eighteen

5.5K 284 156
By teenbarton

Chapter Eighteen

Peter's POV

To say that I was jumpy was an understatement.

School had just ended a few days ago, marking the end of my freshman year, and now it was finally time for me to focus on my "internship". In other words, I was going to be spending the next few weeks of my time at Avengers Tower with Mr. Stark and everyone.

"Mr. Parker," Happy greeted me as he opened the door of the vehicle to let me out. I noticed that he had gotten my suitcase out of the trunk.

"I can bring that with me, you don't have to."

"Your wish is my command," Happy said, immediately releasing his grip on the handle of the luggage as he shut the car door behind me and began walking into the building. I frowned at his eagerness to get me out of his hair. I wouldn't say that Happy was unlikable, but he definitely wasn't the most warm and fuzzy.

As I breathlessly followed Happy's tall figure through the large lobby, down a few hallways and into the elevator, I tugged helplessly at the ever-tightening binder beneath my sweatshirt. Once again, if it weren't for spider webs, this Spider-Man would be a hell of a lot less mobile. Happy left me at the door with a huff. I frowned, looking back at him, only to turn back around to Tony Stark standing in the doorway.

"Mr. Stark! Hi!" I squeaked out.

His gaze landed behind me. "Happy's just annoyed because we're going to have a full house soon. He doesn't like having to babysit us all. Don't take it personally."

"Oh, no- no I wasn't, he's fine, I-"

He laughed. "You're too forgiving, kid. You gotta expect more from people. C'mon in, I wanna show you your room." He placed a hand on my shoulder, leading me through the doorway, and I flinched at the unexpected contact and hurried inside.

I was slightly confused when he proceeded to lead me to the exact room that I had stayed in upon my last visit, until he opened the door. The once hotel-room-esque quarters had been transformed into something much more homey. What had been white walls and white sheets were now a comfortable theme of red and blue, just like my room back at the apartment. The walls were covered in old movie posters, and there was a bunk bed along one wall. In the midst of this modern mansion I was in, I was beyond relieved to have something of my own.

"Do you like it?" Tony asked from behind me.

"I love it," I breathed, still taking it all in. Grinning, I turned around and hugged him instinctively, until I remembered where I was and who he was, and then I quickly let go, blushing. "Thank you," I mumbled in embarrassment.

He only chuckled lightly. "I'll let you settle in later, but we have a busy night tonight."

I followed curtly behind him as he began walking back towards the main room. "What was that you said about having a full house?" I asked, trying to distract myself from the fact that I had just hugged him. My cheeks burned red.

Before he even had time to answer, two more slightly familiar-looking characters entered the picture. They both eyed me cautiously, and finally the one with the long brown hair spoke. "Hey... lil' G."

I squinted my eyes at the strange man, who seemed to be terribly awkward at first greetings.

"Man, that's not what I told you to say. Stop trying to be hip with the kids," the other scolded him. Then, he turned to me. "You must be Pete. Spidey-boy, or whatever. I'm sorry about Bucky here, I'm trying to teach him slang but it's apparently not sticking. Unlike you, yknow. Get it? Cos you stick to buildings? Anyway, I'm Sam. This is Bucky."

I was about to reply when I quite literally had the wind knocked out of me.

"We meet again, young Peter," I heard the booming voice of Thor as he patted me on the back (and did not hold back any of his strength).

I quickly jumped to the side, hoping to avoid another bone-crushing hug, as I didn't think my ribs could take it.

"Nice to see you, Peter," Steve said from beside Thor as he shook my hand.

The highly concentrated masculine-energy in the room began to make me feel nervous. Since I came out as trans, something about cis men was very unsettling. Especially in cases like this, where those cis men happened to be five tall, buff superheroes. Not to mention the amount of facial hair. Subconsciously, I tugged at the collar on the left side of my neck with my right hand - a habit I had taken up quite generously, as it was a very inconspicuous way to hide my chest when in public.

The group quickly struck up a conversation, which was diminished to simply the depths and dignity of their voices. I wanted to be just like them, but that seemed so out of reach. Nothing ever seemed to break through this barrier, this difference I felt between them and me.

I broke out of my funk as soon as I met the worried eyes of Steve Rogers. I threw on a quick smile before diverting my gaze.

"Tony!" another voice called. I swung my head around to see another man peering in the doorway. He was tall and pale, and I couldn't recall ever seeing him before. He was wearing a simple button down shirt and jeans, but around his neck was an odd sort of necklace, with a large almond-shaped pendant. "I'm all set, whenever you're ready."

"Perfect timing," Stark replied, glancing at me. "Peter, this is Doctor Strange. Wizard of the dark side, or something of the like." He placed his hand on my shoulder once again, ushering me towards the man. As he turned and began to walk down a hallway, we followed close behind.

"Master of the Mystic Arts," the man grumbled, not bothering to turn around.

Tony ignored him. "Oh, and don't try to touch his necklace. He doesn't like it when you do that." I nodded, wide-eyed. Even if I tried to play dumb, I knew that this was no doubt the physical assessment Tony had scheduled for me. I anxiously tugged at my sleeves, feeling terribly out of place.

We finally reached what looked like a small clinic, but was void of any people. The room we entered was small, yet full of incredibly modern looking equipment.

"Peter, you haven't said a singly word, and I'm pretty sure you can do without Mr. Know-It-All here speaking for you. Tony, if you'll leave us please," Doctor Strange said curtly.

Tony nodded. "Sure thing doc. Kid, if you need me, J.A.R.V.I.S. will send for me. I'll just be right upstairs," he said before exiting the room.

I cleared my throat as I stood awkwardly by the door. The tall wizard man was hunched over the counter, flipping through some papers. "You can go ahead and sit down right there on the exam table," he instructed.

I nodded my head, but, noting the facts that he was facing the other way and had just pointed out my silence, I opted to say, "Sure thing." I did as he said, glad he didn't see my slight struggle to get onto the table. "So, are you like, Tony Stark's official doctor or something?" I joked, hoping to interrupt the terrible quietness of the small room.

"Nope," he said plainly, before turning around. "I'm a sorcerer. And a qualified neurosurgeon, if you cared to know my qualifications for this gig."

"Oh," I mumbled, making note not to try to joke around with this guy.

"Take off your sweatshirt, but leave on your t-shirt," he said, quickly moving on. I removed my sweatshirt, along with the flannel button-up I had been wearing under it. I was relieved to just be in a t-shirt for once, since I was for no reason sweltering hot at the moment, but I couldn't help but feel exposed.

Doctor Strange hooked my arm up to the blood pressure monitor and began to ask me questions. The first few were very basic - birthday, height, weight, allergies, etc. When he asked about my medications I accidentally lied and didn't mention testosterone. Accidentally.

"You wouldn't happen to be afraid of needles, would you?" He said as he removed the god-awful thing from my arm and moved to prepare a syringe.

"Nope, I'm not too bad with those," I said, completely omitting the fact that I regularly injected myself with needles, and I wasn't a stranger to getting blood drawn either since I had to whenever my t-dose changed.

As he completed the process, Strange told me to tell him about "the spider incident". After all, that's why we were here. And so, I told him about the bite, as well as everything that unraveled directly after. Seemingly satisfied, he excused himself for a moment and left the room.

I took the opportunity to pull out my phone and check my messages. There were a handful from May already, asking if I had forgotten anything that I needed her to bring over. Opening snapchat, I saw a video from Ned and MJ, telling me good luck and making sure I knew what an utterly boring few weeks they were gonna have without me. I smiled as I thought of spending the day with them at the tower. They would love it, if Tony allowed, of course.

Before I knew it, Doctor Strange was entering the room once more. He took a seat opposite me, glancing at his files, then at me, then at his files, and finally at me.

"Peter."

"Yes?" I gulped.

"I understand that you want to keep certain parts of your identity, i.e. Spider-Man, off the radar of your friends and family. I get that, I do. But why do the same here, with us?" I knew instantly that I had been busted. Well, not quite busted, but certainly found out. He didn't appear worried or angry, just as straight-forward as any doctor is with their patient. When I didn't reply, he continued. "You can keep this away from the others, but I would appreciate if you opened up to me. I can help you."

I instantly lowered my gaze, my voice wavering as I entered into one of my famous anxious ramblings.

"I'm sorry, Doctor Strange, I really am. I just didn't want to burden Mr. Stark with it, since he's already doing so much for me. And I didn't want him or anyone to worry, or think of me differently. I know I shouldn't keep secrets but it's just in my nature and besides, I've got everything under control. May is great, she's been so helpful, I'm fine, really. I just didn't wanna complicate things and I didn't want to scare anyone and-"

"Peter."

"Uhuh?"

"I won't make you tell Tony. Though I can almost guarantee he would be completely supportive. I mean, he completely adores you."

The corners of my lips perked up slightly at that. It wasn't because he was a celebrity, or a billionaire, or a superhero, it was because I looked up to him for the good man he was.

"But you do need somebody here looking out for you, health wise and all. J.A.R.V.I.S. will have a record of this, if you ever need anything when I'm not here. Please, consider talking to Tony or one of the others. They care about you." Wow, turns out this guy does have feelings. "I can even tell them, if you want me to."

"No, Mr- Doctor Strange. It's fine, you don't have to. I'll- Just don't mention it, okay?" I squeaked out.

"My lips are sealed," he said sincerely. "I have to go run your blood samples, just to make sure everything's alright, so you can head back with the others. I'll catch you later tonight, and we can talk some more. How does that sound?"

"Perfect," I breathed, hoping down from the counter. I ripped off the cotton ball that was taped to the crook of my arm, seeing as the slight wound had already healed itself. "Thank you, Doctor Strange. Really."

"No problem, Peter."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

23.8K 814 19
Aunt May passed away and Peter goes to the Avengers, who take him in no questions asked. While there he learns that he cannot hide from family and th...
535K 16.9K 31
Peter is your average teenage boy... except he's not. Peter Parker knows all about secret identities. Not only is he Spider-Man, he's also a trans gu...
156K 5.7K 48
Spiderman. New York's newest hero. He was cocky, talkative and loved by everyone. Peter Parker. Midtown's Highs nerd. He was smart, quiet and only h...
24.6K 430 15
Peter stark was adopted by Tony 3 months ago afterwards may abandoned him for being autistic and since then has been living in the si with the avenge...