My Mate's Choice

Por xoxosecretlover

Beatrix found her mate on her 16th birthday. Calvin isn't the perfect guy like every girl would want but that... Más

My Mate's Choice
My Mate's Choice 01
My Mate's Choice 02
My Mate's Choice 03
My Mate's Choice 04
My Mate's Choice 05
My Mate's Choice 06
My Mate's Choice 07
My Mate's Choice 08
My Mate's Choice 09
My Mate's Choice 10
My Mate's Choice 11
My Mate's Choice 12
My Mate's Choice 13
My Mate's Choice 14
My Mate's Choice 15
My Mate's Choice 16
My Mate's Choice 17
My Mate's Choice 18
My Mate's Choice 19
My Mate's Choice 20
My Mate's Choice 21
My Mate's Choice 22
My Mate's Choice 23
My Mate's Choice 24
My Mate's Choice 25
My Mate's Choice 26
My Mate's Choice 28
My Mate's Choice 29
My Mate's Choice 30
My Mate's Choice 31
My Mate's Choice 32
My Mate's Choice 33
My Mate's Choice 34
My Mate's Choice 35
My Mate's Choice 36
My Mate's Choice 37
My Mate's Choice 38
My Mate's Choice 39
My Mate's Choice 40
My Mate's Choice 41

My Mate's Choice 27

18K 493 42
Por xoxosecretlover

Beatrix

"Oh my god Beatrix!" I heard someone said that but I didn't know where it came from. I looked around and the pack house. No guards, no one and it were dark in the night.

"You would have a better life without me." I somehow could hear Gabriel's voice repeating the phrase. He wasn't lying about wanting me to have a life without him and I actually had no idea if I should be upset, disappointed or angry. I was numb. I couldn't feel a thing.

Suddenly, the door flung open and the light from inside the pack house blinded my eyes, causing me to shut them. I started hearing familiar voice.

"Oh my daughter." That was mom and she sounded hysterical.

"Baby, its Beatrix." That was Celina and I heard her sob.

"Beatrix... Beatrix..." That was my best friend, Sally.

"Where? Where is she? Where is Beatrix?" And that was the all too familiar voice which made me cringed and shut my eyes even tighter.

"Wait up Calvin. Let me check on her," I heard Eddie's voice. Did he know about Calvin being my mate? "Beatrix, can you hear me?" Eddie asked and I replied by frowning, still not wanting to look at the familiar faces that I had missed because I was close to betraying them and our species.

"Beatrix, if you can hear me, I want you to slowly open your eyes," Eddie said next and I did as told. Slowly, easing the crease lines on my forehead, I opened my eyes weakly and sleepily and met my crying parents, Celina and Sally. I watched Eddie sighed in relief and I saw Calvin. He was kneeling next to me, next to Eddie and his eyes watered.

"Thank god you're safe!" Mom quickly pulled me into a hug. I tried to smile but I was tired. I felt stiff and realized I had some pain rushing through the whole of my body.

"Dad, please calm mom down. Mom, I'm gonna bring Beatrix up to her room and get the pack doctor. Is that okay, Mom?" Eddie asked Mom in his consoling tone. I watched Mom nodded before Eddie nudged Calvin.

Calvin wiped his eyes and then reached for my head, placing it on his arm before he placed another arm underneath my thigh and lifted me up. I cringed when my muscles hurt from the movements.

I shut my eyes when I realized that Calvin was staring down at me. I didn't want to look at him even though I missed him. I didn't want to look at the face that betrayed me and my wolf. I didn't want to look at his watery eyes, thinking that he was actually worried when I went missing.

But despite of all that, I couldn't help but feel so warm and safe being in his arms.

Calvin

I couldn't believe that she was in my arms. I couldn't believe that I finally got to hold my mate in my arms.

I was in Beatrix's room when I heard Sally saying frantically that she saw Beatrix in the front of the house. Almost everyone rushed to see if what Sally had said was true, including myself and true enough, she was lying on the cold tiles lifelessly that at the second I thought she wasn't breathing anymore.

But thank god, she was still breathing.

Gently, I lowered Beatrix on her bed. She had her eyes closed and I hoped she was still conscious. The pack doctor wasn't here yet so I took the opportunity to examined Beatrix, myself. She had a few swollen areas and the side of her lips looked like she had been slapped or punched there.

I cursed under my breath, promising that I would find a way to seek revenge to the damn bloodsucker for my mate.

* * *

"She's asleep. I need her to have a full rest before I can flip her over to check her back for any other harm done," Rose informed when she reached me and Alpha Eddie. The two of us were standing next to each other at the end of the room while Beatrix's parents and the Luna were sitting at the edge of Beatrix's queen size bed.

"Right now, I suggest for everyone to have a rest as well before we can attend to Beatrix again tomorrow. I'll stay with Beatrix because I want to clean up some of her open wounds," Rose continued.

"There are wounds?" Alpha Eddie questioned, worried.

"Yes there are a few. Her ankle, elbow and the back of her arm. I'm not sure about the other areas that I haven't check but I hope that is all. I will do my best Alpha, don't worry. Beatrix is gonna be fine," Rose said, assuring the Alpha.

"Can I stay with her tonight?" I asked to no particular one. I looked at Alpha Eddie who seemed indecisive with an answer.

"You can stay in the same room with me," Rose answered and I was grateful.

"Alright," Alpha Eddie finalized, "Please do not hesitate to call me in my room should there be anything important about Beatrix."

"Sure, Alpha. Have a good night."

Alpha Eddie went to retrieve his mate and Beatrix's parents finally left the room. Soon, it was just me, Rose and Beatrix in the room.

"Please close the door, Calvin," Rose instructed and I did as told. Afterwards, I just stood by Beatrix's dressing table, watching as Rose get back on to her work. I wondered if Beatrix would be fine.

I wondered if Beatrix would forgive me for not saving her from the bloodsucker. I wondered if Beatrix would accept me as her mate after everything that I had done to her.

"Come over here, Calvin. Your mate needs you," Rose called for me. Beatrix being my mate was not announced because Beatrix was being taken away but somehow, some of the pack members found out about it.

"I wanna let her rest, Rose. I'll watch her from afar," I told her.

"Come here, Calvin. Watching her from afar can do no wonders. What if something bad happens again because you're only watching her from afar?" Rose chided and I wouldn't deny that her words were right. Slowly, I made my way to Beatrix's bed and Rose gestured for me to sit down.

"Now, hold her hand," Rose ordered. I did and was surprised at the temperature of Beatrix's body. She was too cold - way too cold that anyone would have thought that she's dead.

"She's not very fine like I had told the Alpha. Her blood pressure is low. The wounds that I mentioned are bad because it was left open for a few days and her bruises - there are way too many too count. I'm not surprised at what the bloodsucker had done to Beatrix because I know he can. What surprised me is that she's still alive - not that I want her to be dead. But right now, there's a lot to be done to heal her and one of the cure is you."

I understood what Rose had said and I knew what she meant by I'm Beatrix's cure. Mom ever mentioned to me a story about mates healing mates. She told me that only the bonds between mates could bring the werewolf to live again.

"Once I'm done cleaning her, I'd like you to sleep next to her. Be careful but I hope, the little distance between the two of you would help Beatrix and her wolf."

I nodded and waited for Rose to finish cleaning Beatrix. She finished about 15 minutes later and I quickly but carefully climbed up the bed and slept sideways on the bed so that I was facing Beatrix. I wanted to hold her but I was afraid that I might hurt her on the swollen areas. So the only way I could have a contact with her was to lean forward and I kissed her on the lips.

'Promise yourself that you'll take care of her. I don't want her and her wolf to suffer anymore,' I heard my wolf said politely to me and that was the first time he had after a long time.

"I promise," I said as I started to comb Beatrix's hair with my fingers and hoped that Beatrix will be healed soon.

Hey guys, I’m back. Sorry, it’s been two weeks. I had exams going on but I promise another chapter will be up real soon to make up for last week’s.

Anyway, what do you guys think of this chapter? It’s quite short but how would Beatrix be treating Calvin when she wakes up? Would she ever heal and forgive Calvin? :) 

Seguir leyendo

También te gustarán

59.9K 3.2K 22
Dakota lived oblivious to what it meant being mated. Several years of being mated to Daniel slowly taught her how naive she was in that fact. Daniel...
7.5M 275K 37
They say opposites attract. But what happens when a rogue and an Alpha who both crave chaos end up being mates? It seems like Moon Goddess has made h...
441K 10.4K 35
Every fifty years a girl from her village is chosen to be the mate of a werewolf. Myah goes to her friend's house during "The Night Of The Chose...
840K 18.9K 29
What happens when enemies become mates? Cassie Dawson a sarcastic teenage werewolf with the alpha blood running through her veins. A menace to societ...