The Chase (A Harry Styles/One...

By lovin1Dismylife

Eighteen year old Bree Keller has just finished high school, and is ready to leave home and start college. Bu... More

The Chase--A Harry Styles Fanfic (:
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen & Epilogue

Chapter Ten

1.9K 17 2
By lovin1Dismylife

Chapter Ten

Just after take-off, Bree stretched herself out on the couch and was reading her book when Eleanor spoke.

“I’m just so excited to see him,” she said quietly, looking down at her hands that were clasped in her lap. “I’ve missed him so much.” Danielle put a finger in her book and stood up. She went over to Eleanor and sat on the couch next to her. Bree went over and crouched down in front of Eleanor, too, sensing that something was up.

“I know, honey,” Danielle said, shrugging. “It’s tough.” It was then that Bree realized that Danielle and Eleanor hadn’t seen their boyfriends since they went to America for their tour, which was six months ago. She sucked in a breath and patted Eleanor’s knee.

“I’m sorry for bringing it up,” Bree cringed. Danielle and Eleanor both looked up and shook their heads.

“Oh of course not,” Eleanor said, patting Bree’s hand that was on her knee. “You didn’t upset me at all.”

“Don’t worry, Bree,” Danielle smiled at her, knowingly.

“Fourteen more hours,” Bree said, half trying to reassure Eleanor that they were close to seeing them, and half complaining that it was too long of a wait. Danielle and Bree went back to their seats and continued to read.

Since their flight had taken off at eight in the evening St. Paul time, they would land at about ten in the morning the next day if they were still in Minnesota time. Instead, they’d be landing at five in the afternoon Australia time, so they would be completely exhausted if they didn’t get some sleep on the plane. But of course, when you’re put in a high quality, high-class private jet, who would actually want to sleep?

About three hours later, the girls were in the middle of a good chat, laughing and really starting to feel comfortable around each other. Of course, Danielle and Eleanor were already good friends before, but now they were all getting on very well together. Presently, they were all laughing about the weird things that the boys do.

“I can always tell when Louis needs a cup of tea in the morning because he starts twitching and playing with his hair,” Eleanor said, cracking up. Bree and Danielle were laughing quite hard, too. “And he is so damn picky about his tea! He refuses any kind of sugar, but he needs exactly a quarter of a cup of milk. Any more or any less and he refuses to drink it.”

Bree was laughing so hard she couldn’t breathe. Danielle giggled and started talking about Liam’s quirks. “Oh my God, Liam is the biggest nerd I’ve ever met!” she laughed to herself, remembering something. “He once had this travel book he was reading about America, this was before they first came across, and he was literally studying it so he wouldn’t look like an idiot when he came over!”

Bree and Eleanor cracked up, clapping their hands and doubling over they were laughing so hard.

“He even had me test him on American words and phrases!” Danielle giggled and Bree threw her head back. Everything’s funnier in the middle of the night.

“Harry once made me and my mom breakfast when he wasn’t wearing a shirt!” Bree said, laughing and remembering how awkward that was. Danielle and Eleanor were wiping their eyes from laughing so hard they were crying. “And he also had his Audi shipped over here so he could impress me on our first date! That boy!”

Danielle laughed and shook her head, “That’s just like Harry, but seriously, that’s love right there!” Bree stopped laughing for a second, still smiling though.

“He hasn’t told me he loves me yet,” Bree said quietly, not like she was really upset that he hadn’t, but she was getting worried that maybe he was having second thoughts.

“Oh that’s not a bad thing, hon!” Eleanor said, wiping her eyes again and patting Bree on the knee. “Maybe he’s figured out some really romantic way to tell you,” she grinned. “Louis took me out for a walk on the beach at sunset when he first said it to me.”

Bree grinned again, “That’s adorable! How did Liam tell you?” She asked and turned to Danielle who rolled her eyes.

“He was talking in his sleep,” she said and Eleanor giggled. “Except I don’t think he even knows he said it then. The first time he said it consciously to me was on the phone one night.”

Bree smiled, happy. She liked these girls and could see herself being good friends with them in the future. Danielle stood up and walked over to the fridge, she opened it and bent over to look inside. Bree admired Danielle’s high platform shoes that she was wearing. Danielle straightened up and closed the door, holding two bottles of wine. She poured three wine glasses pretty full and handed one to Eleanor and one to Bree.

“Um, Danielle? I’m eighteen,” Bree said, holding the wine glass like it was a gun. Danielle nodded, then looked at her curiously.

“Oh right! You have to be twenty-one! I forget sometimes. Do you still want it?” she said, glancing at Eleanor, who was taking a drink.

Bree thought for a second, and decided one drink wouldn’t hurt, and plus, who would catch her drinking underage? She nodded and smiled. Danielle smiled back and took a sip of her wine. Bree did the same, thinking about her first high school party and how she got so drunk she was sure she’d pass out. It was a good thing her mother or the cops didn’t find out, or she’d have been in so much trouble. After that, she had sworn not to drink to that point again.

She took another sip and they continued to talk. “You know, there’s one thing that bothers me about Louis,” Eleanor mused, with a slight smile on her face. “Every time we’re alone together, he’s the silliest, cutest guy in the world. But when we’re out in public, he refuses to joke around! He just goes quiet and cold and stuff, I dunno.”

Danielle nodded, “Oh I know how that is. Sometimes fans come up to us and ask us for pictures and he says no because I’m with him!”

Bree took another sip and nodded in agreement, “Harry’s like that when I’m with him, too. He barely even acknowledges his fans.”

“Why is that?” Eleanor wondered, taking another sip of her wine. Bree shook her head with absolutely no idea.

Danielle was the only one of the three that was famous for something other than dating a One Direction boy, and she nodded, “I’m not sure. But it seems almost protective?” Bree looked curiously at her, never having thought of it that way.

“That definitely makes sense,” Eleanor nodded, looking from Bree to Danielle. “Louis always holds my hand in public, and sometimes even shield me from the cameras and the fans.”

“Harry does the same. Maybe they are being protective,” Bree answered, nodding. Danielle shrugged.

For the next hour or so, the girls talked and drank glass after glass of wine. Bree totally lost track of how much she was drinking, and so did Eleanor and Danielle. At some point in the night, Danielle turned on the One Direction album and they all stood up and danced around the living room part of the jet.

The airhostess came in at one point and asked them to turn down the music, but instead, Danielle turned it up. Bree giggled, and took another sip of her wine. Up All Night came on and they all cheered happily and started singing along and dancing, all of them more than very drunk.

After about an hour of dancing and singing along to their boyfriend’s songs, the girls collapsed on the beds, Danielle on one bed and Bree and Eleanor sharing another. It was about one in the morning if they were going by their previous time zone, and they were so wasted they fell asleep immediately.

She must have been asleep for about three hours when suddenly, Bree woke up feeling so sick she had to sprint to the restroom. She threw up violently and sat on the floor of the bathroom, holding her throbbing head. She flushed the toilet after sitting there for ten minutes, breathing. Then she brushed her teeth and went back to bed. As she was slipping into bed again, Eleanor woke up and did the same.

Bree couldn’t stay awake long enough to make sure she was okay, so she fell back asleep and had another four hours of sleep. When she woke up, she noticed that she was alone in the bedroom. She slowly sat up, her head protesting and throbbing like crazy. Bree groaned and pulled herself out of bed reluctantly.

She opened her bag and got out some clean clothes and went into the bathroom to change and splash some water on her face. She looked at herself in the mirror after she had changed into some blue skinny jeans and a green long sleeve shirt. Her hair was all messy and her make up was all smeared. She washed her face a bit more and removed all the rest of her make up. She didn’t bother putting any more on because they still had a while left of the flight. Harry was right, this was a bitch of a flight, and getting severely drunk and hung-over didn’t help. Bree ran a brush through her hair a few times and once she was satisfied, she left the bathroom and walked into the kitchen/living room area.

Eleanor was lying on the couch with a packet of frozen peas on her head, groaning every few seconds. Danielle was sitting at the table in the kitchen, with her head in her hands, obviously not doing that much better.

“Morning girls,” Bree slurred tiredly and stumbled over to the fridge to see if there were any more frozen items to use as an ice pack. There wasn’t, so she groaned and slammed the fridge door shut, making herself and the other girls wince at the loud sound. “Sorry,” she mumbled.

“Morning,” Eleanor said, raising the peas a little so she could see Bree better. Danielle raised her head a little and smiled at Bree weakly.

“There’s Advil next to the sink,” Danielle said, motioning in that direction, then dropping her head back down on her arms on the table.

“Oh my God, you’re a live saver,” Bree gushed, hurrying over to the medicine and yanking it open. She swallowed three tablets dry, not wanting to wait until she could get some water.

“This is awful, why did we drink so much last night?” Eleanor mumbled from the couch. Bree went over and sat on the other couch, rubbing her temples.

“Because we’re stupid,” Danielle groaned, standing up and going to sit on the armchair next to Bree.

“How long until we’re there?” Bree asked, laying down and cuddling up to a pillow that was next to her.

“Three more awful, horrible, godforsaken hours,” Eleanor sighed. “More or less.”

Bree chuckled, but it hurt her head, so she stopped and groaned. “This sucks.”

“You said it,” Danielle groaned, her eyes were closed and she was curled up on the armchair. “I’m hungry.”

“Me too,” Bree groaned and sat up, her head spinning. “Ohhh man! Don’t sit up too fast, girls.” They groaned in agreement. Bree stood up slowly and walked into the kitchen, looking for food. She found some soup and put it on the stove. Then she toasted some bread to dip into the soup.

A few minutes later, she divided the soup into three bowls and stuck a few pieces of toast and a spoon into each. She brought them over and handed one to each of the girls. They mumbled quiet “thank you”s and started to eat. Bree sat down on the couch and started to eat hers. It was comforting, a warm soup, but it didn’t help her headache too much, but the Advil would kick in soon and hopefully would make the pain a little duller.

Once they finished their food, Bree took the bowls to the kitchen and left them in the sink, not bothered about cleaning at the moment. She went back and lay down on the couch again. Danielle grabbed the remote for the TV and turned it on, then flipped through some channels until she found a popular music news channel.

I think she wanted to catch a glimpse of Liam, because she was watching expectantly for something about One Direction to come on, and was clearly disappointed they weren’t at the top of the news today.

Eleanor sat up as well, and Bree felt herself wake up a little to watch this channel, all of the girls hoping to see their boy. About ten minutes later, when nothing One Direction related came on, the girls started to settle again, but they didn’t turn off the TV or change the channel just in case.

About an hour later, something about One Direction did come up. Danielle had dozed off, but Bree and Eleanor heard Louis’ joking voice and sat up straighter, groaning a little at the sudden pain.

“Danielle!” Eleanor whisper-yelled. “Danielle!” Danielle stirred and opened her eyes, then, realizing what was happening, sat up and stared at the TV.

All of the boys were stood next to a lady who was holding a microphone and smiling from ear to ear. In the background was a few big bodyguards holding a big group of screaming girls away from the boys. The interviewer probably just caught the boys as they were walking down the street. “It’s great to have you today, boys. How are you doing?” she said and held the microphone out to the boys.

“Fantastic!” Louis exclaimed and thumped Liam on the back. Eleanor and Danielle smiled to each other.

“Hungry!” Niall said, earning himself a glare from Liam. “Sorry! Just telling the truth!”

“Really good,” Harry said, grinning. Danielle raised her eyebrows at Bree, who shrugged, not knowing why he was so happy. She didn’t know when this was filmed, so she couldn’t be sure.

Zayn and Liam just nodded in agreement with Harry. The interviewer continued, “So we hear that you boys have had Danielle and Eleanor flown out for a visit, is that true?”

Bree raised her eyebrows and mumbled, “What about me?”

Danielle smiled, “Harry’ll say something. Anyway, when was this filmed?”

“Probably today,” Eleanor shrugged. “But I don’t know.”

They turned their attention back on the screen and saw Harry tense up. “Bree’s on her way, too,” he said happily, but also a little annoyed that the interviewer lady hadn’t mentioned his girlfriend.

“Yeah, can’t forget about Bree,” Zayn said, smiling, and if it wasn’t for his truthful smile, Bree would have thought that he wasn’t being sincere.

“Yes, it’s true,” Louis confirmed. “They are actually on the plane right now, I believe. They set off early this morning, Australia time.”

“It must have been filmed today,” Eleanor nodded, confirming what she said before.

The lady on the TV smiled and nodded, “One last question for you boys. Are you enjoying Australia so far?”

The boys all looked at each other and nodded, then Louis spoke, “Oh definitely, it’s a beautiful country. I think we’ve all just had a great time so far. The fans are crazy here, and the shows are always so much fun.”

The other boys all nodded and mumbled their agreements. The lady dismissed them and they went on with their business.

Danielle switched off the TV and sighed, “I hate when Liam doesn’t talk in interviews.”

Eleanor smiled sympathetically, “You’ll get to hear him talk in two hours, Danielle.”

“I know, I was just hoping…”

“We all were,” Bree said and smiled to Danielle, who smiled back. “Thanks for being so nice to me,” Bree said to Eleanor and Danielle. “I was kind of nervous to meet you.”

“Why would you be nervous?” Eleanor raised her eyebrows, but looking happy. Bree shrugged.

“You two are gorgeous, and you’ve been with Liam and Louis for a long time. I thought you wouldn’t like me,” Bree admitted.

Danielle shook her head, “You’re a sweet girl, Bree, you didn’t have to worry about that! Plus, any girl that Harry thinks is special enough to date has to be absolutely amazing,” she teased.

Bree smiled, happy she had found two great new friends. They all chatted for another hour, and then read their books and magazines for the last hour of the flight. Finally the captain announced they were to be landing soon. The girls started packing up their things and unplugging phone chargers and stuff like that.

About ten minutes later, they were sitting on the runway after just landing. The captain was slowly driving the jet to a special gate, where no usual travelers could get to. Harry had told Bree that they would be escorted to a limo by security and then drive to the boys’ little house they were sharing. They had decided to find a secluded little house to stay in for the next two months, instead of a hotel because they didn’t want to be bombarded by fans all the time.

But, as Bree, Danielle, and Eleanor got off the plane and walked into the gate, she realized he’d surprised her. All of the boys were waiting for them with huge grins. Well, Liam, Harry, and Louis had huge grins while Zayn and Niall just looked happy. Bree ran, ignoring the pain in her head, and threw herself into Harry’s arms. He wrapped his arms around her tightly and buried his face in her neck. They hugged tightly for a good, long minute before pulling apart and kissing each other over and over and over again. Bree grinned against Harry’s lips and ran her hands through his curls. He pulled away, but only a tiny bit so he could see her. Their noses were touching and it was sending tingles through Bree’s body.

Out of the corner of her eye, Bree saw Danielle and Liam hugging each other and Louis and Eleanor happily reuniting as well. Bree breathed in Harry’s familiar scent that she’d missed so much and just grinned at him.

“I missed you more than you could ever know,” Harry breathed, giving Bree a kiss on the nose. Her cheeks flushed pink and she smiled.

“But I think I do,” she replied and stood on her toes so she could give him another long kiss. Harry wrapped his arms around her waist and picked her up slightly. She giggled and pulled back, grinning like an idiot. “I lo-” Bree saved herself from saying it just in time. “I look like crap right now.”

Harry looked at her curiously, but went with it, “Of course you don’t, baby.” But even if it was a close save, it was true. Bree felt like she looked disgusting. She winced as she felt the throbbing in her head again.

“What’s wrong?” Harry asked, worried. Bree shook her head.

“I’m just a little hung-over is all, don’t worry,” she said, not really thinking about what she was saying. Harry’s eyes widened as he looked at her in shock.

“What?”

“Sorry, forget it,” Bree said and picked up her bags from the floor and interlacing her fingers with Harry’s.

“You got drunk?” Harry asked, still wide-eyed.

Bree shrugged, “We were bored.”

Harry threw his head back in laughter and squeezed her hand. “Of course,” he chuckled and they started walking with the rest of the group.

“Nice to see ya, Bree!” Niall said, walking next to her with a grin on his face.

“You too, Nialler,” Bree said, nudging the Irish boy’s arm. He laughed and took one of her bags from her. “Thanks,” she laughed.

As they walked, Bree kept getting nice, reassuring smiles from Danielle and Eleanor, and Bree couldn’t be happier than she was in this moment. Though, the happiness was short-lived. As soon as they got outside, they were blinded from flashing cameras and deafened by screaming fans. Security really helped keep back the fans, and soon they had all piled into the limo and were on the way to the house.

“How was the flight?” Louis asked the girls, although never taking his eyes off of Eleanor. She smiled at Bree and Danielle.

“We had a great time,” she answered, then looking back at Louis and grinning. It was touching to see, because Bree knew how much she’d missed Harry and she’d only been away from him two weeks. Imagine six months!

“So I heard,” Harry chuckled, and Danielle looked over in shock at Bree.

“You told him?” she asked, not mad in the slightest, just surprised.

Liam’s eyes shot up to Harry, “What?”

“Our girls got drunk on the way over,” Harry said, squeezing Bree’s hand and chuckling to himself. He brought Bree’s hand up to his mouth and planted a delicate kiss there.

“You what?” Liam asked, turning to Danielle.

Danielle giggled, “Sorry, babe.”

“I guess I’ll have to make you a big cup of tea and wrap you in some blankets when we get home then, huh?” Liam smiled and wrapped his arm around his beautiful girlfriend. She leaned her head against his shoulder and nodded.

Zayn spoke up, “I’m glad you guys had that much fun! Our ride was boring! All the boys were sleeping except for Harry, who was moping around about leaving you,” Zayn teased, looking at Bree. She blushed and apologized. “Oh no, Bree, don’t apologize. I video taped it to use as blackmail later.”

Bree laughed and snuggled up to Harry more. For the rest of the ride to the house, they all joked with each other. It was crazy that this group of people were so different, yet they all got on really well together.

(Hey guys! Hope you enjoyed! Sorry for any grammar/spelling mistakes! I know that for me, final exams are this week, so if you are doing them too, good luck! Umm I’m definitely not encouraging underage drinking in this chapter, hahah, just letting you guys know that. It was only meant as a way for the girls to kind of loosen up and become better friends. So don’t drink underage! Hahah anyway, hope you enjoyed, and I’ll upload again soon =D )

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.3K 32 15
Sam Is an ordinary girl age eighteen who has an extraordinary job,she works as an assistant for the boy band known as One direction.However,they are...
26.9K 292 33
17 year old Hailey and her best friend Sam have won a chance to spend the day with One Direction in Toronto. After spending the day with the boys Hai...
3.4K 94 26
Meet Sophie, a 15 year old girl who loves One Direction, along with thousands of other girls. She's loved them since day 1, and they're all she think...
9.2K 164 17
Emily Alice Wilson, or Ellie, is a girl who needs to get her life in order. Her dad is a major alcoholic and her mom does plenty of drugs. Since the...