A Dish Best Served Cold {KHR}

By randomcitizen_58

After years of seeing their precious boss being bullied by their class, the Guardians, Reborn, the Vongola Fa... More

Target 1 - Beginning
Target 2 - Airport
~Halloween Omake Special~
Target 3 - Flight
Target 4 - Vongola
Target 5 - Enter, Arcobaleno!
Target 6 - Allies Appear
Target 7 - Vongola's Strongest
Target 8 - Calm Before the Storm
Target 9 - Let's Do It: Vongola Style Pt. 1
Target 10 - Lost Within Mist: Vongola Style Pt. 2
Target 11 - Dates and Torture: Vongola Style Pt. 3
Target 12 - Plain Pain: Vongola Style Pt. 4
Target 13 - The Omerta
Target 15 - Rain: Flames Pt. 2
Target 16 - Sun: Flames Pt. 3
~Christmas Omake Special~
Target 17 - Lightning and Cloud: Flames Pt. 4
~New Years Omake Special~
Target 18 - Mist: Flames Pt. 5
Target 19 - Back to Namimori
Target 20 - Epilogue
~Target - Author's Note: Please Read {LONG}~
THANK YOU SO MUCH <333

Target 14 - Storm: Flames Pt. 1

3.5K 107 23
By randomcitizen_58

Tsuna's POV:

It was now a full week after the talk about the Omerta, with everyone agreeing to join the Vongola. I feel guilty. Like, really guilty. If it weren't for this trip, then they would never have to choose the life of the mafia and get their loved ones in possible danger.

There is only two weeks left of this month, meaning the after these two weeks they have another month's stay in Vongola mansion before we go back to Namimori. Aria, Yuni and Gamma had to leave because Aria is the boss of her famiglia, and as a boss myself I understand that you can never really have a proper break for more than two weeks.

Paperwork, is namely one reason as to why. Since Aria is the sky arcobaleno, the others (Skull, Verde, Mammon, etc.) are her guardians however they are all still part of the Vongola famiglia. Weird, right?

Well, not so much. They've been part of it since the arcobaleno curse was lifted and after that we just got closer. I don't know if they consider the Vongola their home, but it'll always be here waiting for them with open arms. Or, at least, I will be.

They stay here in the mansion most of the time. Enma had to go back to Shimon mansion since all of the flights to Sicily were booked out for this month.

Ultimately, he decided to go back instead- Adelheid personally called the mansion and ordered Enma to, and I quote, "get his ass back here or she'll double his paperwork." Unlike me, Enma doesn't really like paperwork. He thinks its the devil reincarnate.

Sad life.

Anyway, Byakuran had to go back to his famiglia because of some concerning threats being pointed at them. In other words, Byakuran is worried that his famiglia might just go on a mass genocide and slaughter the people sending said threats.

I-Pin, Bianchi and Lambo were currently in the living room on the second floor- Bianchi was taking care of them for now -while the Varia were in one of the special training rooms (similar to the one Hibari and Mukuro have).

Now, it was just the Varia, my guardians, the arcobaleno and me along with the staff currently in Vongola mansion. Of course, my classmates were here as well. It was morning right now, and I was sitting in my office signing paperwork.

A while ago, Marco (the head butler) came and gave me some simple black tea with sugar and milk which I was currently enjoying. The hot, soothing liquid made its way down my throat caressing the walls and making me shiver slightly.

I sighed, placing the cup back onto its saucer and picking up my pen again. Not much has happened in the week, besides the hellish training my classmates got. Now they were moving onto how to use their flames and control them.

Learning the aspects of the flames, strengths of their own flames and their weaknesses, seeing if they had more than one flame type to see if they could use both flames in a tag-team type of way and how to coat their weapons in them to make them stronger.

It made me feel oddly proud- it was weird and it took me a while to actually notice but things seem to be going well. They have a lot more respect for the Vongola and everyone living here, and they're surprisingly not scared.

Well, maybe they are scared of Xanxus.

Other than him, they were pretty relaxed with everyone else. They tensed whenever Bianchi was around, and okay maybe sometimes when Verde had this glint in his eye they looked like they'd rather be literally anywhere else than where they were at that moment.

Suddenly, I heard a knock on my door. "Enter," I commanded, straightening my posture and fixing my stance, subconsciously draping my right leg over my left. I leaned slightly more on my left arm while my right arm (which I was writing with) was still pen pressed to paper.

The door opened to reveal Hayato standing by the door with about four other students behind him. I quirked a brow. "Storm flames?" I inquired, to which he straightened his posture and nodded, putting on a blank expression.

Ah, that's right. Boss mode. Oh well. I could make out Mochida just behind Hayato, shifting nervously. "I'm just showing them what I do and eventually, what they will be able to do since storm flame users are usually the heads of squadrons we send out."

The ranking system is quite weird in the fact that sky flames are obviously the ones which are the rarest and usually only stick towards the bosses of the Vongola, Gesso and Giglionero famiglias (and, as we know now, the Mezzanotte famiglia).

Storm guardians are typically the ones who become the right-hand of the boss, but as we see with the arcobaleno and Mare rings it's not always the case as Reborn- the sky arcobaleno -is the right-hand man of Aria and former right-hand of Luce.

With Byakuran, Kikyo who is his cloud guardian is also his right-hand. In the Varia, it's Squalo who is also the rain guardian but he does have an explosive personality which is typically a trait of storm flame users.

Storm flame users also tend to be good strategists and decoys which makes them a simple choice for assassination squadrons as the leader. In other areas, like infiltration, they might put a rain flame user as the leader instead.

Again, it all depends on area and the ranking. There's also offense and defense to take into consideration as well- on offense, cloud users are formidable opponents while on defense mist users and/or lightning users would be the best and safest option.

Sun flame users usually stay in the medical squadrons, because of the sun flame's active factor which has the ability to heal wounds and generally speed up the healing process. "I see..." I hummed, my eyes trailing over the four users. "I assume that the others are with each respective guardian?" I asked.

Hayato nodded. "Hai, Jyudaime," he confirmed before turning back towards the students.

"As the right-hand man of the Decimo, my job is to help in any way I can and hold down the forte while Jyudaime does his paperwork or if he is unable to be here- sometimes that means alliance meetings."

"Furthermore, it is my duty to stay informed about everything in the mansion at all times to be able to successfully report back to Jyudaime. If there's a problem, everyone goes to me and I resolve it unless it's a serious problem like an enemy famiglia attacking."

"If that were to ever happen in the future, the news goes immediately to Jyudaime while me and the other guardians fight them off. Jyudaime is also the one who monitors everything and anything which involves the Vongola goes up the hierarchy to him."

"Takeshi is the left-hand man, which means he helps in smaller ways like keeping the other guardians and guests in check, and calming them down. He usually gets updates on anything whenever he can and reports back to me if it's of any importance or if his intuition tells him anything about a piece of info."

"His intuition isn't anywhere nearly as strong as Jyudaime's, which is a strong trait that runs through the veins of the Vongola bosses- this is called Hyper Intuition or HI for short -but it works well with information."

"That's why he's in charge of the Investigation and Infiltration department of the Vongola in Block C of the underground catacombs, or I&I for convenience sake. The three departments; A, B & C all make up the Vongola's Squadron Deployment Unit which has been shortened to VSDU."

"The VSDU works in arms with the medical squads which serve under Ryohei, the defensive units which work under Lambo and the decoy and assassination units which work under me."

"Block A is the Torture and Interrogation department, with the interrogation troops working under Mukuro and Chrome. Block B is the Imprisonment and Enforcement department, with the offensive units working under Hibari himself."

The students shivered at that, sharing nervous looks which made me stifle a chuckle as I peered at them under my lashes, continuing to sign my paperwork. Taking a deep breath, Hayato continued.

"Block C, as you know, is the Investigation and Infiltration department. They deploy the infiltration squadrons which are directly under Takeshi. Just because you have a certain flame, doesn't mean that you will be put into a certain unit."

"Except for maybe sun flame users and lightning flame users, who are both generally clumped together in their own respective units because of the nature of their flames- sun flames have the active factor which is important medically."

"Lightning flames have a hardening factor which is very important for the defensive unit for obvious reasons. Though, some sun and lightning flame users have been known to be put into Hibari's troops and other units throughout."

"Don't get cocky- just because you're storm flame users, doesn't mean that you will definitely get a spot as the leader of a squadron. You might be put as one of the normal teammates however don't get too disheartened. There's a place for everyone."

Hayato finished his long speech, making me smile softly as he assured the four. They nodded, with Mochida seeming more confident and quite happy. Mochida soaked up every bit of technique and information like a sponge.

And by that, I mean that he listened intently and watched with an eagle's gaze at what Hayato was saying and how he was doing things when he gave me his report about the current ongoings inside Vongola HQ.

"I see. Go check on Bianchi and the kids- see if she needs any help, if she does then just go ahead and see if Chrome is free. If she is, send her off to Bianchi," I ordered him. He responded with a 'hai' before turning to his little rookies.

Haha, little rookies.

"I give reports every two to three hours to Jyudaime unless something concerning comes up- then I report it immediately. Leave no details out- never. Even the smallest detail can make or break a strategy," Hayato explained. They nodded.

Especially Mochida; like I said, he just soaked up the information like a sponge. "If you become squadron leaders, you'll have to report to the commander through specially designed Vongola ear pieces. The difference is that you have to report your position and everything that's going on; don't hesitate for a second to call for back-up if needed."

They all nodded again, responding with a series of 'hai's. I smiled again, before Hayato began to speak again. "Also, never leave the room unless dismissed," he added before standing straight and facing towards me with a blank face.

Mochida and the others copied. "Dismissed," I told them, making them slump slightly and they left one by one with Hayato being the last to leave. "Are you sure you're okay staying here, Jyudaime?" He asked. I smiled softly which made a pink hue cover his face.

I nodded and went back to signing while he closed the door gently, leaving me with the paperwork once again. I had a feeling that I would meet the other students and their mentors (my guardians) through this next week.

And it's not just my intuition talking.

--={&}=--

Why does this book have so much attention- 5k views? *sweatdrop* (not that I don't appreciate this or anything)

These Flames chapters will be a little shorter by 200 words or something like that but it'll be worth it for more chapters in the book, right?

Anyways, for these Flames chapters there won't be any little future hints for chapters so sorry guys but you'll have to deal with it.

Ja ne~

-Bell

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

21.3K 610 21
Tsuna's 16th birthday is quickly approaching that means his inheritance ceremony is drawing near as well. But because Tsuna still uses his Dame act a...
4.9K 264 17
It's been a good few years. Sawada Tsunayoshi has made it to highschool. With his guardians of course. They are going to Nami High. Everything is f...
33.5K 806 43
Moving on. That was the hard part. After all he has done, for the world and for his friends, he suddenly just had to disappear. Free from death, then...
337 13 4
Tsuna and the others are now in their final year of High School. Just 1 year away from Tsuna's official Inheritance Ceremony before he is crowned com...