Tragic Souls(Damon Salvatore)

By DawnOfCreativity

Story is complete. Gwen Jordan left Mystic Falls with ash on her skin, an ache in her heart and a vow. To def... More

cast/music
Prologue
Return
Visiting the past
Starting Over
Moonstone Hunt
Time to take her down
paintings of the past
Slater
memories
I will never let you know
werewolves are so much fun
Hurts like hell
Bonding
Signs of Life
A Doorway
Klaus
Bare our souls
Only you
Flicker
Rough Day
Rough Day(part 2)
Meeting Colton
You are a memory
Elijah's plan
Damon's plan
The Aftermath
A New Start
It's not over
book two is out

The ritual

1.3K 42 11
By DawnOfCreativity

Gwen slides down to her knees, vision a blur. Her cellphone rings bringing adrenaline rushing into her limps. Quickly she crawls to the nightstand. Picking her phone up with shaking hands.

Please be Trent, give me one more chance to change his mind.

Gwen speaks her hope into the phone, "Trent."

Instead Stefan's confused voice answers back, "No, hey Klaus took Elena," Gwen stays silent. Her mind too far way to care, "We are getting ready at the old witches house. Considering you are part of this plan. Think you should come too," Gwen squeezes her eyes shut, unsuccessfully holding back a sob, "Gwen, what is going? Are you alright?"

No, I'm far from alright, before Gwen can speak the door swings open. Revealing Alaric and Jenna's confused faces. A chair flipped on its back behind them. Her phone falls from her hand. Ignoring all the voices question her. Gwen bolts, feet racing past rooms, down the stairs. Just as her hand reaches for the front doors knob, Damon opens it. Both of them freeze, eyes locked on the other.  Her eyes pleads with his to move, Please don't fight me on saving a friend.

"Gwen," Damon breaks the thick silence.

"Move," She demands, voice still shaky.

Both ignore Alaric and Jenna. Who now stand on the staircase case. Damon shakes his head no. With a growl Gwen marches up to Damon. Her hand flying across his right cheek, voice more stern, "Dammit Damon get out of my way!"

With growls of his own and fangs exposed. Damon hands latch onto her shoulders. Slamming Gwen against the entry wall, "I will not stand aside so you can walk out this house and have your heart ripped out of your body!"

"And I will not let you stop me from saving Trent!" Gwen shouts back higher.

Damons eyes widen in surprise. Quickly masking it and not moving. Both are unwilling to give in. Their words slowly slinking into their brains. Damon's fangs disappear as he sighs.

"Do you have a plan that doesn't involve your life for his?" Damon questions. Gwen stays silent, eyes glaring, "Then no I'm not letting you leave. We can figure out a plan together."

Gwen shallows back her biting remark. That Damon's planning is why her friend is walking to his death. Mind set on one path Gwen slams her boot covered foot into Damon's knee. Again and again, until he drops to the floor. The crack of his bones breaking mixing with his cry of pain.

Bending down Gwen whispers in his ear, "I will not and can not lose more people I care about."

Hands cupping his cheeks Gwen curses Damon. Pouring her will for his healing to slow down into it. Alaric forces Gwen to release Damon.

"Hey whatever you are planning it always better to do try something as a group then on your own," Alaric reasons.

Shaming her head Gwen shoves him off. Briefly looking over Jenna's wide eyes. Just as she turns to run, Damon grabs Gwen's leg in a tight grip. With a hard kick to his nose Damon lets go.

"I'm sorry," Gwen whispers as she darts out the door. Into a dark forbidding night. Stars shine above Gwen as her heart pounds. Lungs sucking in the cool air, feet carrying her forward. Despite Gwen having no idea where to go. Her need to save Trent propelling her onwards. Mind getting swepted in a fond memory.

A brown ball flys past three stacked bottles. Missing it's target by just a inch. Gwen laughs at Trent's scowling face.

"Let's see if you can do better," Trent taunts hand holding out the last ball.

Accepting his challenge Gwen takes the ball, "Okay"

Taking aim Gwen tosses the ball. Within seconds Trent releases a defeated sigh. As the top bottle fall off the stack. After picking out a tiny bear. Gwen turns to Trent face in a pout.

"Don't be mad," she request in fake sad voice.

Trent shakes his head, "At you, never"

Laughing Gwen let's Trent lead her to more games. Along the way getting her first stick of cotton candy. Gwen let's herself drown in joy and happiness. For a moment forgetting about her past. Her goal of getting her loved ones back. Focused not on training, but a carefree moment. Her heart opening up for the man besides her.

With a shake of her head Gwen pulls out of the memory. He gave me moments of love, freedom and a sense of normal.

Strong arms around her waist stop Gwen. They don't leave no matter how hard she fights. Her mind forgetting to target exposed skin.

Stefan's demanding voice cases Gwen to stop thrashing, "Hey hey calm down."

"You are wasting my time. I have to go," Gwen informs him, despite not knowing where to go.

"I don't understand, what happened?"

"Klaus is going to use Trent's heart," Gwen informs him. Her feet do not budge even when his arms free her.

Stefan runs a hand though his hair, "Look Bonnie tracked Elena. Which means, we got the location of where Klaus is doing the ritual," He gently grubs her upper arms, "So we go take Klaus down like planned."

Gwen snorts, "Like planned, you mean a plan Elijah came up with. Forgive me, but considering he brought a bring back the dead potion. I get a feeling the plan rest on us attacking after Klaus completes the ritual,"

Stefan can't hide the guilt in his eyes. He knows I'm right or Elijah straight up told him.

Damon's voice quickly reaches them in the silent night, "Screw Elijah and his plan."

Gwen quickly lowers her gaze as Damon joins them. Unsure what his mood is after their fight.

"Damon," Stefan's voice holds a stern warning.

"No Stefan," Damon cuts his brother off, "We don't want to hear reasons why we should just stand by and let another friend die," Surprised by his words Gwen looks up. Finding two boys focused on each other, " We got a witch loaded with magic, us and Gwen. We get there in time even Trent can help. I think it's is a good enough team to take Klaus down. So where to?"

With a sigh Stefan caves, "The quarry."

Quicker than she can blink. Gwen is pulled into Stefan's arms, bridal style. The world flashes by in a blur. Gwen let's out a silent prayer in her mind, please let us get there in time. In what feels like seconds Stefan stops. Woods surrounded them as he sets Gwen down. The full moon is a chilling reminder of what is about to happen. Stefan takes out his cellphone. Calling Bonnie and telling her it's time to stop Klaus.

Gwen jogs at steady pace. Allowing herself to always be insight of the boys. Pile of rocks start to litter the forest floor. Spotting Klaus in the distance Gwen slows down. Instead walking a few more feet closer. Stopping by a tree waiting for the boys to catch up. Her eyes sweep over the scene. Next to Klaus is a dark skin teen witch. Standing before a bowl on top of a stack of rocks. A steady fire residing in the bowl . Gwen's heart drops as her eyes land on Elena. Eyes closed, chest still, body laying on the ground. Blood smeared on her neck. That now has two holes in it.

No,no,no....

The boys are beside her as Klaus moves, revealing Trent. Gwen forgets to breath, eyes wide. Watch Klaus rip his hand out of Trent's chest. Gwen feet move on their own accord. While Trent, eyes empty, crashes to the ground. Multiple hands pull Gwen back, forcing her still. Klaus with Trent's bloody unmoving heart in his hand. Walks to stand in front of the witch. Holding Trent's heart high above the bowl. Klaus grinning squeezes, forcing a stream of blood to leave Trent's heart. When there is no more blood to squeeze out. Klaus drops Trent's heart into the bowl. Causing the fire to hiss and rise higher. Stefan hand covers Gwen's mouth muffling her scream. Only leaving when her scream of pain dies.

Stefan grabs Gwen's face forcing her eyes to his face, "It's going to be okay, promise," Stefan tries to help shake of her grief with his words, "Maybe you can bring him back too."

Shaking her head Gwen barley manages to speak, "He doesn't have a heart, everyone needs a heart to live... that's why I wanted the crystal, but now," she feels the world stealing her breath away, "I  don't even have that."

Gwen barley hears Damon demanding Stefan to move. Or feel his soft hand gently rest on her cheek, "Gwen look at me," he lightly forces her eyes to his, "Do you want to leave? We can go scream from the top of a building."

Gwen keeps her eyes on Damon. Both of them ignoring Stefan's protest. His pleading words to bring Elena back first. Both captivated by the unrestrained emotions in their eyes. Hers shinning with pain, confusion and tiredness. His affection, worry and love for all to see. Gwen's aching heart dulls, a sense of hope blooming in it. Hope for the pain of loss to leave. Instead of consuming her, leaving her empty.

Breaking Damon's gaze Gwen addresses Stefan, "I will still help Elena."

"Thank you," Stefan replies.

With a nod Gwen stands. Stefan pulls her into a quick hug. Their calm is shattered as Klaus flys into a tree. His body pinned to it by a invisible force. Within moments Bonnie emerges from the trees. Slowly walking closer to Klaus, chanting a spell.

"No! you were dead.... I killed you!" Klaus shouts.

Stefan, Damon and Gwen a rush forward. Damon reaching the witch helping Klaus, Snapping her neck. Stefan kneeling down by Elena's body. Quickly picking her up and meeting Gwen's eyes. Who stands a few inches behind Klaus.

"Not here," She mouths with a shake of head.

Stefan mouths back , "Okay."

If this all fails better to have Klaus believe that I'm not around to bring her back.

Stefan speeds away with Elena in his arms. Focus falling back on Klaus, who now is inching towards Bonnie. Grunting in pain as trees fall around them. Fire springing to life where they fall.

Please let me somewhat decent at acting.

Sprinting forward Gwen gets on her knees, grabbing Klaus's shoulder. Cursing his vision to be blurry. Lightly targeting Klaus's heart. Purposely Gwen twist her face to look in pain. Klaus turns attention to her, squinting his eyes. With a roar of anger Klaus grabs a sharp stick. Burying it deep into Gwen's side. Forcing a cry of surprise and pain from Her lips. At the same time Gwen tightens her hold on Klaus's shoulder. Anger now flaring inside her. Much like the never ending hot needle sensation attacking her side.

Rational thoughts flying far from her mind. Gwen unleashes her magic on his heart. Wrapping around it like a rope and squeezing. Warm liquid drips from her nose and side, blood. Mind back Gwen let's her magic fade. Slowly closing her eyes for dramatic effect.

"No!" Damon's panic voice fills the night, mixing with Bonnie's chanting.

A invisible force tears Gwen and Klaus apart. Sending both flying in opposite directions. With a grunt Gwen lands on her back. Breath knocked out of her. Pain flaring up all over her body. While Klaus lands in a pile of rocks. Screaming in agony towards the sky.

Stay still, take small breaths and pray Bonnie is fast.

Hands gently pull Gwen upper half off the ground. Quickly pressing their ear onto her chest. Peeking a eye open Gwen finds Damon. Ear listening for a heart beat. In minutes face slacking with relief. Bring his head up Damon catches Gwen peeking. She gives him a wink then closed her eyes, going back to playing dead.Hope he catches on and acts like I'm dead.

Damon gentle lays her back down. Carefully pressing fabric around her side wound. Under her shirt and guiding Gwen's hands to hold it. World now a black void Gwen carefully listens. Damon's footsteps moving a few feet away from her. Picking up on Bonnie stopping her chant.

"Hello Brother," Elijah's voice breaks the silence. Followed by a sick crunching sound and Klaus's gasping pain filled grunt, "In the name of our family, Niklaus...:

" I didn't bury them at sea!" Klaus shouts in panic.

"What?"

"Their bodies are safe. If you kill me, you'll never find them," Klaus informs Elijah panic creeping into his voice.

Damon shouts, demanding in a voice filled with anger, "Kill him now!"

Klaus counties to wear his brother down, "Elijah. I can take you to them. I give you my word...brother."

"Do it and I'll take you both out," Bonnie threatens.

Please someone kill him already, my side is burning.

Elijah reminder Bonnie of The cost, " You'll die."

Bonnie's voice doesn't waver, " I don't care."

Elijah takes a second to answer, "I'm sorry."

Gwen winces as Damon and Bonnie scream no. A gust of wind signaling Elijah and Klaus's departure.

Damn you Elijah.

Gwen slowly opens her eyes. As Bonnie carefully lifts Gwen's head onto her lap. While Damon kneels besides her.

His voice gentle, "Hopefully they are far enough not to hear you."

"Wh-," Gwen's question dies as unbearable pain consumes her side. Gwen's scream is cutting of by Damon's bleeding wrist. While he Tosses the bloody stick aside.

So have had better nights.

()()()()()()()()

Guess what only two more chapter left for Tragic Souls!!! I'm excited and ready to move on to the next book of Gwen's story. how about you guys?

Also thank you for taking time to read this and hope you all enjoyed it. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

439K 8.6K 31
❝How can I save you if I can't save myself?❞ Stefan's long-gone best friend returns to Mystic Falls to help him turn his humanity back on. But when t...
430K 7K 28
After dealing with the tomb vampires in Mystic Falls, Ally and all of her friends finally feel things can go back to normal. But when Katherine retur...
11K 417 8
❝Not a saint, but do I have to be?❞ Indigo Bennett wanted nothing to do with the supernatural drama that plagued Mystic Falls. After the tragic deat...
111K 1.5K 52
A friend from Damon and Stefan's past shows up in Mystic Falls. Will she throw a kink in their seemingly perfect lives or will she be the one to save...