Snow White In Distress | ᴛᴀᴇʜ...

By seopresso

Olivia Knight ran far away from her problems, only to cause more by ending up in the same bed as the sole hei... More

- | foreword
- | cast
- | playlist: deception
- | playlist: 기만
- | act one
01 | bloody mary & drunk talks
02 | regrets & fake smiles
03 | first meets & gossips
04 | emergencies & coffee dates
05 | conversations & texts
06 | royal parties & hidden truths
07 | repercussions & revelations
08 | headlines & spotlight
09 | friendships & feelings
10 | caffeine & carpe diem
11 | sheep & wolves
12 | thunder & lightning
13 | stitches & salvation
14 | loyalty & royalty
- | act two
16 | intoxicated & oblivion
17 | winter & solace
18 | drinks & winks
19 | awkwardness & pretence
20 | devil & angel
21 | love & lust (m)
22 | locked & freed
23 | blue skies & violet skies
24 | heartbreak & sorrows
25 | shocks & stupors
26 | grief & hold
27 | unconditionally & fond
28 | offsets & outbursts
29 | minutes & hours
30 | ecstacy & torn
- | epilogue
- | acknowledgements
- | note

15 | champagne & sunshine

2.9K 161 57
By seopresso

1 5

CHAMPAGNE & SUNSHINE

I've been running through the jungle; I've been crying with the wolves to get to you.

════════════════

"GET BACK HOME in one piece, babe," Chen called out to me when I was about to leave. I chuckled and nodded, as I left. If only, Chen. If only you knew how many fragments I had been shattered into, after everything.

"Yes, Chen. Don't worry," I sighed as I shook my head helplessly. He always did get supremely worried for me. He looked at me with a solicitous expression on his face. I smiled widely to assure him.

I decided to walk back home. Taking a cab at this hour in the night seemed like much work, and walking back home could add up as my exercise for the day.

The night was quiet. The salmon and purple sky had transformed into a vast expanse of jet black that had engulfed the town. I looked upwards and saw the stars. I've always been fascinated by them, weirdly. They were after all celestial bodies giving out their light. It amused me and left me awestruck at the fact that something so bright and radiating could die and be as empty as it could get.

Mayhap that's what happened to Xavier and I, and yet, it wasn't. We sparked and flamed bright like a newly lit matchstick in the beginning and like any other matchstick, ours died. It began fading months back till it had fallen victim to extinguishment.
However, here we both were, trying to light a burned out matchstick and failing miserably as we burn our hands.

The message Xavier had send had bothered me a lot. My mind kept back repeating the lines over and over again.

An eye on you; a chime runs through. Oh baby, I do adore you. An eye on you. Adore. Resonance. Adoration. Obsession. Adoration.

I could never understand what exactly was holding me back and preventing me from dropping it all and fleeing. Was it love or fear, at this point?

Xavier scared me, yet everytime I looked at him, memories hit me hard. I loved this man. I did. Nothing was wrong. Nothing is wrong. It's all an illusion.

Be that as it may, it wasn't. It never will be.

My mind was going crazy with the overload of thoughts and analysing them. I needed alcohol in my system. It was almost as if I craved it. I craved anything to get my mind off the worries I had. I wanted to run away for the problems. I was always a coward.

After walking about five hundred metres ahead, a supermarket was seen and I smiled to myself. I could get myself some liquor finally.

I walked into the supermarket and the cashier looked at me, with a quirked eyebrow. I spared a glance and continued to head to the section where I knew I'd find myself some cider.

I grabbed a bottle of hard cider and examined it. It looked pristine. I held two of it securely in my grip and walked to the cashier. I placed it before him and he raised his eyebrows at me, judging every action of mine.

"Are you legal enough to buy and drink this, ma'am?" He asked me. I nodded and he mumbled, "ID, please."

I searched through my bag for my driver's licence. Finding anything in my bag was a herculean task. I huffed in annoyance. The cashier looked at me, unamused.

"Don't I look like I'm legal enough to drink this?" I puffed, and continued searching in my bag. He looked at me sternly, "No."

"I'm flattered that you called me young, but shut up. I'm searching," I huffed out in frustration. His eyes widened in surprise at the sudden rudeness. I found my ID and quickly placed it before him.

"Finally!" I clapped my hands together as he checked my ID out. He placed the ID back on the table and pushed it back to me. I grabbed it and kept it back in my bag.

The cashier, whose name was Ken as I learned from his badge that had his name, placed the bottles into a cover and handed it over to me. I grabbed few notes from my bag, counted them and paid them to the cashier. He nodded and I left.

I stood outside the supermarket, lost. I knew Julia wouldn't encourage me to drink an entire bottle of cider at home. In fact, she'd shun it. I was completely lost as to where to drink the cider.

And then it flashed. I could sit on the pavement and drink. I had nothing to lose. The road was empty. The supermarket was the only retail near that lane and I was a silent drunk, I presumed.

I plopped down on the pavement, near to the parking lot of the supermarket. I sighed and removed the bottle from the cover and popped it open.

The smell hit me hard and I instinctively went back for few seconds. I raised the bottle closer to my mouth and quickly chugged down some amount quickly. I scrunched my face up as I took in the bitter drink.

I hummed and chugged down the rest after fifteen minutes of staring at the road, followed by the emptying the second bottle. Cars zoomed past and nobody seemed to care. Nobody ever seemed to care. I was frustrated and my mind was unusually worked up.

I screamed out loud. Once. Twice. Thrice and a couple more time to let out the pent up vexation. The night was still silent except for me. The street lights were on and I stared blankly.

Ken, the dude from the supermarket, walked out of the supermarket to see who was making all that noise. He noticed me and walked upto me. Annoyed, he asked, "Are you homeless?"

"No," I stuck my tongue out. He glared at me and muttered under his breath something inaudible and around the lines, "God, she's drunk already. What a lightweight!"

"Go away, annoying cashier," I muttered sloppily. He rolled his eyes and told me sternly, "No. You listen here, lady. Go away. I can call the police on you for this."

"Fine. Go ahead," I laughed out loud and ruffled my hair. The cashier was really annoyed by then. He stared at me for a while till his attention was diverted to the loud sound of a motorbike coming our way.

I nonchalantly looked to the side, expecting the motorbike to zoom past us like every other vehicle did. However, this motorbike stopped about ten metres away from me. Letting the bike to stand, he got off the vehicle and removed his helmet as he walked towards him.

Of all the people I had wished was here, Park Jimin was definitely not even in the list. Brad Pitt would have done so much better, or maybe Chris Evans.

"Is there an issue here?" Jimin asked the cashier as he momentarily glanced at me. I huffed and pouted, while I folded my hands tightly around me.

The cashier looked at Jimin confused and after thinking twice, told him, "This girl here is causing chaos here, sir."

"You know what else is in chaos? My life. Xavier is an asshole, okay?" The cashier's eyes widened as he realised I was talking about his king.

"Oh," he glanced at me properly this time and I smiled at him widely, only to look at him stupified minutes later. I missed Jimin so much and his goofiness. "I know her. I'll take her back home. Do not worry."

The cashier seemed convinced as he saw me smiling brightly at the sight of Jimin with his motorbike. He nodded and turned only to quickly walk back to the supermarket.

"Jiminie, hi," I smiled as I jumped and stood up. I wobbled a bit on my feet and quickly held onto Jimin to steady myself.

"Hey, Liv," he steadied me and smiled at me, sincerely. My heart warmed instantly. Has he forgiven me for everything? Has his anger dissipated finally? Or was it drunk girl benefits?

"You're here," I gushed. Clasping my hand around his, I looked up at him, "I missed you, you know? You were my friend, after all."

Jimin kept quiet and looked at me. I looked down and sighed lowly under my breath. Jimin smiled slightly when I was not looking and quickly turned. As my hands were clasped around his, I turned along with him. I gasped, "Whoa."

"I'd ask sensible questions like why even in the almighty heavens were you on the pavement drinking, but I doubt you are in any position to answer," Jimin answered. His tone was crisp and firm.

"Ah," I muttered in realisation and quickly let go of Jimin. I walked towards the pavement and behind me Jimin called out to me loudly, "Where are you going?"

My legs wobbled and I giggled as I walked slightly moving to the left on my path. Everything seemed so happy now. Everything was elated around me. The only thing missing was confetti. Damn it.

I picked up my two bottles of apple cider along with the polythene bag and looked around for the nearest trash can. Jimin understood what I was doing and smiled widely - the brightest he had smiled since that night of the party at the royal ballroom.

"Hey, Liv," Jimin called out and I turned to look at him, confused. He pointed and I directed my head to look over to where he had been pointing. Park Jimin was volunteering to help me out. My heart warmed and I smiled brightly.

I slowly ran to the trashcan but coggled almost half my way towards it. Jimin muttered out loud, "Gosh. Walk, Liv. Carefully. Don't fall down or hurt yourself."

"What a gentleman," I fake gushed after throwing the bottles of apple cider and the polythene bag into the trashcan. Jimin let out a pure laughter and I stopped in my tracks.

"What? Do you not intend on walking back till here? Or you just can't?" Jimin mocked me.

I smiled and called out, "You've a nice laughter, Jimin-ah."

"Stop hitting on me, woman," he chuckled. "I need to take you home."

"No," I whined. "The night is still young."

"And you're old. So, walk quicker and let's ensure that you're safe at home first," Jimin explained and I rolled my eyes as I muttered, "Party pooper."

I walked to Jimin somehow, and smiled like I was a child at her very first circus. He raised his eyebrow at him and shook his head hopelessly. I stuck my tongue out at him and glared.

"Where do you live?" He asked and I wiggled my eyebrows. I was unusually elated and I felt great.

"Why, Jiminie?" I smirked.

Jimin merely rolled his eyes and took hold of his helmet. He answered in a monotonous tone and with no distinct expression on his face, "To drop a baggage."

"Ouch, man," I gasped, faking a hurt. "But you love me."

He rolled his eyes and repeated, "The location of your residence, please."

"Nope," I popped the word and Jimin seemed frustrated at how adamant I was being. He groaned and mumbled, "Never mind."

I grinned widely and looked at him as if I had won the upper hand here. Jimin sighed. Standing up straight, he walked closer to his motorbike, only to get on it seconds later.

I watched him confused. Was he going to leave me deserted here? That would be mean.

"Get on," he ordered and my head snapped in his direction. I blinked cluelessly, wondering whether it was actually me he was ordering.

"I'm sorry?" I stammered. I tilted my head in mere confusion and a small smile made its way onto Jimin's face.

"Get on my bike, Liv," he told me, more kindly this time. I blinked rapidly and nodded my head once my drunken brain processed it.

I walked closer to the bike and gasped. Jimin razored his eyebrow and watched me, observing as to what I was to do next.

"This is scary, Jimin," I muttered.

"It's just a bike," Jimin sighed.

"A beast," I corrected him.

"I know. My baby's a beast. This was totally worth the price."

I groaned and stared at the seat nervously. Jimin suspired and voiced out, "Do you want me to carry you and seat you on this motorbike too?"

"No," I muttered shyly. I lifted my leg and very carefully got onto the bike, as I clutched onto my bag tightly.

"It'd be smart of you to carry the bag rather than holding it. It'll allow you to hold onto me tightly," Jimin said, his voice laced with nonchalance.

My eyes widened and I nodded sharply. Jimin smiled assuringly and turned, only to turn the accelerator and start the vehicle. It roared to life and I held onto Jimin as if my existence dependent on him at that moment.

I muttered, "Can you go slow?"

Jimin laughed. He turned the accelerator and the motorbike rushed forward and moved quicker than I thought it would. I gasped and held onto Jimin tightly. My face was pressed against his back.

"But baby, going slow on this beast is even more dangerous."

I didn't reply to his comment. I just sat securely behind him and placed the responsibility of my safety on his shoulders. The wind hit my face hard and I clutched onto Jimin's abdomen tighter.

Jimin shouted, "At least, try enjoying the ride, Liv."

It made me joyous that Jimin was sincere. There was no hard words or bitter sentences. At least, my brain processed it happy.

I was confused as to where Jimin was taking me. However, the confusion was quick to go as he stopped in front of a really luxurious hotel. Surprisingly, I remembered the hotel.

"We're here," Jimin informed me. "You can let go now."

I blushed and quickly unclenched and let go of Jimin. He chuckled. Jimin led me into the hotel and soon, into the elevator.

The elevator pinged as it reached the floor and Jimin walked forward. I silently followed Jimin. He took out of his pocket, the key to the room.

A wave of nostalgia hit me immediately. It had been long since I had been here. The memories of that night flooded back into my head. Still clear and fresh of every single thing that had happened.

"Ah, welcome home," Jimin nervously chuckled and I smiled. I walked in and it was still the same. The room hadn't changed one bit.

"Liv?" Taehyung's voice came up and I turned.

Taehyung was seated at the table before a laptop, working on it, only to lift his head to look at me, gaping. I smiled almost apologetically for intruding his personal space.

Taehyung pushed his laptop slightly back and got up. Jimin chuckled and spoke out loud, "Lovers reunite. I'll exit now. I'll be in the next room if you want me."

Jimin wiggled his eyebrows at Taehyung and continued, "Keep it down if you guys are getting at it."

My cheeks reddened more than it already was thanks to me drinking earlier and I looked down. I was steadier now and it felt a lot better to look straight and at an object.

Jimin walked towards his room and before shutting his door, he looked at me and told me, "Hey, Liv."

"Yeah?"

Taehyung smiled and walked closer towards me only to stand beside me soon enough. His very presence next to me was comforting in its own weird way. Jimin smiled widely, a genuine smile - the one I loved on him, the one I saw the very first time I had seen him and told me in the most stoic manner.

"You pave your own way, not others."

════════════════

annyeong haseyo!

i hope you had a great week. drop by and tell me all about it.

i'm going on a vacation right before my exams and my gosh, i'm guaranteeing on doing my exams bad, damn.

with all the recent happening, my heart aches. to all the shawols out there, we're here for you. we always will be, and to everyone out there, there is someone who'll hear you out. i'll be here. it's about time mental health is given its importance.

vote and comment, if you liked the chapter and drop by your feedback. i'd appreciate that. thank you. saranghae.

much love, ruth x

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

138K 5.6K 73
Stella is a 19 year old art student from a small island, living in an apartment in Oxford, where she attends Oxford University on an art scholarship...
298K 13.8K 27
❝ i miss you and your tasteless dishes. they weren't perfect, but at least they were made by you- so i loved them. ❞
17.2K 363 16
Mazel Caplan, a woman raised in an Orthodox Community since she was born in Manhattan, New York, reached from her small community and went to college...
457K 15.5K 25
Will one kiss ruin their friendship forever ?