Valencia

By Emna_BH

[currently being edited and re-written] She went away to heal her scars, but instead, she came back with new... More

Dedication
The beginning
C h a p t e r 1: Coming back home
C h a p t e r 2: Surprise!
C h a p t e r 3: A cigar
C h a p t e r 4: I despise you
C h a p t e r 5: I lov-
C h a p t e r 6: Her file is protected.
C h a p t e r 7: A cellular
C h a p t e r 8: A paper
C h a p t e r 9: Don't tell Zack
C h a p t e r 10: The beach
C h a p t e r 11: The mission
C h a p t e r 12: Don't hurt her
C h a p t e r 13: You're the reason
C h a p t e r 14: Drained of all colour
C h a p t e r 15: A murder V
C h a p t e r 16: Innocent murderer
C h a p t e r 17: He was a good man
C h a p t e r 18:unhealed
C h a p t e r 19: Pain Facing Sorrow
C h a p t e r 20: What's that?
C h a p t e r 21: Owned2L
C h a p t e r 22: A musical day
Not A Chapter BUT
C h a p t e r 23:What The Hell Is This?
C h a p t e r 24: Like the bird
C h a p t e r 25: Smile
C h a p t e r 26: Poor Girl.
C h a p t e r 27: Envelope
C h a p t e r 28: Bad News
C h a p t e r 29: Familiar
C h a p t e r 30: I Deserve To Know
C h a p t e r 31: Her Decisions
C h a p t e r 32: One Sheep
C h a p t e r 33: Priorities
C h a p t e r 34: The Court
C h a p t e r 36:Man Down
C h a p t e r 37: Agony
C h a p t e r38: The Crown
C h a p t e r 39: Thorn
C h a p t e r 40: Innocence
C h a p t e r 41: No Escape
C ha p t e r 42: Tears
C h a p t e r 43: Never Forget
C h a p t e r 44: Washing Sins
C h a p t e r 45: Remember.
C h a p t e r 46: Him.
C h a p t e r 47: It's Been A Long Time
C h a p t e r 48: Who Are You?
C h a p t e r 49: Revealing
C h a p t e r 50: The Beginning Of The End
C h a p t e r 51: Forgotten Memories
C h a p t e r 52: Forever
ACKNOWLEDGMENT

C h a p t e r 35: The Court ii

49 4 0
By Emna_BH

Please don't forget to vote and comment.

You can always follow me on Twitter Emna_B_H.
Ask Emnabm2.

Thank you.

Valencia

When life turns to be unfair

C h a p t e r 35: The Court ii.

Betrayal isn't something we can anticipate or predict. It just comes out of nowhere, hits you on you weakest spot and smash your trust into pieces.

Valencia felt cold... so cold. Her blood turned to ace and the weight of her heart seemed too heavy to carry inside of her, she wanted to rip it apart.

She didn't want to look at him, yet she was looking right in his eyes. She wanted him to look back, to see the pain she's not bothering to hide.

Zack was sitting in the back. He stood up violently and started cursing at Declan while advancing. "You're a fucking coward and a jerk! And most of all you're a liar!"

Before he can get to him, two guards held him and took him outside, that's when his eyes fell on his sister who just gave him a simple smile a sad, unreal fake smile.

She felt so frozen, that she didn't even erase the smile from her. She just stood up and started clapping at Declan, smiling, with the handcuffs, she just kept clapping.

He was looking down the whole time, not even blinking. He was afraid if he moves he'll all fall into pieces too. He wanted to cry, scream, to vanish and disappear.

And at that moment, she wished he does.

Thomas and Drake were glancing at each other. Thomas took a deep breath, closed his eyes then whispered to Valencia to sit down.

"Please calm down everyone and let this court session proceed."

"Don't give up yet Valencia," Thomas muttered, unsure of his own words.

"Do you have anything else to add?" The judge asked Thomas who just shook his head. Everyone already lost faith in him today, it'd be hard to convince the judge and the jury today.

I just want to know how much they paid him.

"Mss Valencia, can you please come here now."

Declan stood up, and as she passed next to him followed by guards, he murmured in a low shaking voice:" I'm sorry."

She just chuckled and sat where he was sitting.

The judge looked at her and said:" This is your last chance to tell us where you were the day of the murder."

She didn't speak, she just looked at the jury and the people who came for the court session for the murder of one person they all loved and lost. She didn't wipe off her smile because if she does, who knows in what way she'll break.

She took a deep breath and closed her eyes. As she opened her mouth to talk, she heard the door open and a baby saying: "Mommy!"

Her eyes went wide open as she observed the baby who was held by some man. She wandered her eyes around him to notice he's also followed by other men, definitely not Thomas'.

When her eyes fell on him, he smirked and just showed her his arm. As she noticed his tattoo, she stood up immediately which caused Thomas and few people to follow her gaze.

"That son of a bitch..."Thomas whispered, standing up.

'"Order, please! Newcomers please take a seat and keep quiet."

Valencia just clenched her fists and set down, her eyes never left his as her glare went more serious each second.

He just smiled at her and caressed Raymond before shaking his head and he showed her the tiny dagger in his hand and passed it next to her baby's face.

She went out of colour and as she was trying to control herself for the sake of her son, he signed to her with his hands pointing his finger at her then passing his hand next to his neck as if it was slaughtering him.

She was seeing red, but it wasn't time to be reckless since her son's life in danger.

She nodded and looked helplessly at Thomas then Drake who was clenching and opening his fists to control himself.

She mouthed to him:" Don't leave without him." Her face expressions were tired, scared...no she was terrified. She knew what will happen. She was pleading them, looking as if she was on the edge.

Declan was watching all the exchange, confused, wondering why are the men who beat him here, who's the baby and why is smirking at Valencia.

She exhaled and finally faced the judge.

"Your honour, I committed the crime. The day of the murder, I was too busy killing Arthur. May his soul rest in peace, and may mine burn in hell for my shameful inhuman side. I hope everyone who participated in any kind in getting out of me the monster I am will burn with me in hell. The pain should be shared. After all, caring is sharing and people we say we love and care about should be the ones we hurt. That was somehow proved today."

Silence filled the room. No one spoke a word for a while, some were confused, others were silently raging and the rest let her words sink as they felt it was directed to them, but only one of them felt bad about it.

"You murderer! You fucking murderer! You killed the love of my life! You buried with him our dreams before they even become real! You ended his life and ruined mine! I hope you continue the rest of your life carrying this weight on your shoulder! I hope you die in the most painful way, alone with no one by your side" Arthur's wife was losing it. She was breathing heavily as she started crying.

Valencia didn't say anything. What she said somehow made sense. Even if her hand weren't dirtied with his blood, her consciousness is. After all, Arthur was only a collateral damage.

Guards surrounded her, she just kept her head low as she passed by people who were cursing at her and some were just glaring. She only focused on the crying of the baby who woke up because of the chaos.

She went back next to Thomas who just observed her, afraid she'll pass out anytime soon.

They know about Raymond, they are the people she ran away from. Her mum's past is related to her past, it may be the same fucking psychopath behind all this.

The judge excused himself and started writing in his papers in front of him and he received one from the jury. He started adding and removing things.

Every second passed seemed like an eternity. They all knew what will happen, Valencia wanted to stay in that eternity rather than hear what he's about to say.

"Okay, so we've come to a conclusion." He said, and Thomas held her hands strongly as they all stood up. The judge cleared his throat and continued:" due to the evidence and the clear confession of Valencia David, the court decided to give her forty years in jail for the crime she committed. Murder is something you should be punished for, as humans, we cherish human's life."

As he said that he hits the table with his gavel stock.

"Thank you jury members and everyone who helped today..."

She couldn't hear them anymore; she was so lost in her thought, so lost in her pain and so worried.

She only felt as two men held her arms and took her outside, followed by people' eyes again, wrong judgments and wrongly directed hate.

Her brother was standing next to the door when she walked out, looking the way a criminal would look, giving the vibe that you must stay away from her.

He didn't understand what else happened that she was officially named as a criminal since he was kicked out of the room. He felt guilty knowing he doubted her before because now that he's seeing her this way, it doesn't fit her at all.

Valencia is a nice girl.

"Valencia we'll get you out of there!" Drake yelled, holding the baby.

She turned, relief showing on her face as he saw her child and spoke softly:" You always do..."

***

<3 I LOVE YOU ALL 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

Forgive or Forget By SueLou

Mystery / Thriller

5.4K 671 32
Cheryl and Reed had a whirlwind romance. Reed swept Cheryl off of her feet. Her family and friends thought things between them were moving too fast...
White Lies (Book 1) By Lily W

Mystery / Thriller

10.6M 179K 44
Jesabel is a liar. When her only friend mysteriously disappears, she does what comes naturally. She keeps her truth from the world. Without warning...
10.4K 510 21
Let's once again indulge in the world of Serilda for one last time. Let the pain be there Let the hope come Let the love flourish Let the truth come...
2.7K 296 63
Can love really win against vengeance? Sometimes our past gets to us. No matter how much we try to hide the truth , it all comes out one way or anoth...