Miss Assistant (Miss Series B...

By QueenShae007

Highest rankings: #1 in Rich 17 December 2018 and #1 in Player 31 December 2018 Alexander Evans is studying a... More

One:
Cast List
Two:
Three:
Four:
Five:
Six:
Seven:
Eight:
Nine:
Ten:
Twelve:
Thirteen:
Fourteen:
Fifteen:
Sixteen:
Seventeen:
Eighteen:
Nineteen:
Twenty:
Twenty One:
Twenty Two:
Twenty Three:
Chapter 24:
Chapter 25:
Chapter 26:
Chapter 27:
Chapter 28:
Chapter 29:
Chapter 30:
Chapter 31:
Chapter 32:
Chapter 33:
Chapter 34:
Chapter 35:
Chapter 36:
Chapter 37:
Chapter 38:
Chapter 39:
Epilogue
It's Voting Time!
Sequel

Eleven:

29.8K 843 65
By QueenShae007

I got to work the next morning and tripped almost three times. I'm not proud of it, but it's true. Today, I'm wearing a grey dress, with black strap heels. They actually look really nice. Dylan has very very good taste. Nevertheless, these heels are killing me and this dress prevents my free movement. It's driving me insane. I can't wait to get home and put on sweatpants and let my feet have a break.

Teddy is staying with my parents for the next three days. They said they wanted to give me a break. It feels lonely though. Really lonely. The house is empty. Silence can be really really loud. I keep waiting for the pitter-patter of his feet, or the squealing laughter which bounces around the house. The house is alive when he's in it.

I sigh and finish up my work. I get to fetch my exam results today. My graduation is on Wednesday next week, granted I have passed. I worked extremely hard, so there should not be a reason as to why I did it. I have invited everyone special to me to come, even Dylan is going to be there. He insisted, as he commented that he might be paying for my studies.

I walk into Dylan's office. He is sitting behind his desk, looking bored. I smirk. This is my chance to tempt him. "You want to kiss someone don't you? Are you getting your player urges? It's the withdrawals I'm telling you. Well, if you want to feel better, go ahead! I totally understand!" I tease interrupting him from his thoughts. I smile innocently, as he narrows his eyes.

"Sweetheart, I bet that you want to flick off those heels and put on sweat pants! Go ahead! I don't mind!" He mocks and I raise an eyebrow and laugh.

"You know I do! At least I can admit it." I laugh and shake my head. He narrows his eyes.

"Alright. Let's be off." He motions for us to leave, as he gets up from his desk.

"Off?" I question and Dylan walks out the office. I follow suit and grab my handbag.

"We are going to fetch your results. I didn't forget you know! You could be an investment!" He walks outside. "Where are you car keys?" He asks and holds out his hand. I dig around in my handbag and find them. He snatches them out from my hand. When we reach my car, he unlocks it and climbs into the driver's seat.

"Hey! Just what do you think you are doing, driving my car?" I ask as I getting into the passenger's seat, "Where is yours?"

"I believe that the guy should always drive around the girl. Not because she can't drive or anything, but because I can hold her hand as my other hand is on the steering wheel." He explains. I never saw Dylan like this. He's so romantic. It's so sweet actually. Really sweet.

"Why don't you say things like that more often? You sound like much less of a jerk when you say cheesy things like that. It's attractive." I blurt. Dammit Alex.

"Did you just call me attractive?"

"Is that all you got from the speech? Seriously, and no. I don't find you attractive." I fire back. He looks at me pointedly and laughs.

"You do, and you know it! Admit it, Alex! You find me hella attractive." He smirks, looking pleased with himself. I scoff. He drives out to the university. He looks at me and winks. 

"Keep your eyes on the road, pretty boy!" I scream, as he dodged another car. He rolls his eyes.

"Oh you have such little faith! I also hate to tell you this sweetheart, but you just called me pretty!" He nudges. I shake my head but stay silent. You cannot win an argument with his massive ego. I feel sorry for his future wife. Eventually, we reach my university. I climb out the car and walk to the hall. I am handed my report, in the form of an A4 envelope. It seems to burn my fingers as I walk back outside and climb into the car.

"I'm so nervous." I whisper, "You look." I give him the thick envelope and bite my lip. My heart speed up as he grins and tears open the envelope. His eyes move from left to right, as I watch him. I bite my index finger, as he has no expression on his face as he looks up at me.  Then, his features break out into a smile.

"Alexander Evans has completed her degree in Medicine with a diploma. Congratulations on this great achievement and all you hard work! We will see you at the graduation ceremony on Wednesday Morning at 10h00." He reads. I squeal. I did it! I had done it! I had passed my degree! Dylan looks at me excitedly.

"You did it Evans." He smiles, looking a little sad.

"Hey, why are you sad?" I slap his arm. "I passed my degree! You can get rid of my smart ass!"

"That's the thing Alex. I don't want to get rid of your smart ass." He says sincerely. My eyes widen.

"Naah. I get on your nerves!" I brush away his confession.

"You might, but I still don't want to get rid of you!" He admits, grinning, "But only because I will have to hire another useless assistant who can't do anything except sit there and look pretty."

"I did more than just look pretty!" I smack his arm, and he looks pointedly at me. I shrug. "You wouldn't care though would you?" I ask, with a sigh. He shakes his head.

"Not even a little. Well, on the bright side, I won't have someone who will tell me the hard truth, and not even care if she will be fired." He states.

"Sometimes," I say and pat his arm, "The truth hurts." He narrows his eyes and scoffs.

"Whatever Alex. Let's get back o the office. I have work to do."

~~~~~~~~

As I got home later that day, I called my parents, my brother and my best friends and told them about my diploma. I'm so proud of it.

I kick off the heels and pull the dress over my head. I sigh in relief as I pull on sweat pants. They are so comfortable. I pull my hair into a messy bun and sit down to watch Netflix.

My phone rings again. I sigh and answer it, pausing my show.

"What do you want Dylan?" I ask.

"I'm outside." He says and then a hear a knock on my door. I groan. I swear if he says a thing about my sweat pants, I'm going to punch him in his perfect face. I walk up and open the door.

Dylan is holding a bunch of chocolates, and a bottle of wine. "Celebration." He says holding it up. He eyes my clothing and raises an eyebrow.

"Don't you dare say a thing. I wore them to work. I kept up my part of the bet. It doesn't count at my house." I say.

"It does. Can I just go kissing a random girl at my house? No. Can I go kissing a girl when you are not around? No. According to you, that's the definition of a player, so I would lose the bet. But, since I'm the nicest person in the world, I'll let you off this one time." He smiles. I shake my head.

He sees the show I'm watching. I scratch the back of my head in embarrassment.

"You were watching the Flash?" He says.

"Don't judge me. I love Barry Allen." I complain.

"Whatever. Come, let's celebrate." He says holding up the wine. I smile and grab two glasses. Dylan pours for us and I take a sip after we make a toast.

The wine is delicious. It washes down my throat, and my eyes widen in delight. "It's good." I smile.

"I knew you would enjoy it. It's one of my favourites." He stars and smiles. He opens the box of chocolates and pops one into his mouth.

"Have you had dinner yet?" I ask and shakes his head. "Are you hungry?"

"Yeah." He says awkwardly.

"Alright. Come on then. I'll make us some lasagna." I smile.

He follows me into the kitchen and I throw the ingredients together. I can make this recipe in my sleep. It's my mom's.

I pop it into the oven and look expectantly at Dylan.

"So," I start.

"So..." He repeats, "Where's Teddy?"

"He's staying at my parents house for three days." I state. He nods.

"How are Annabelle and Jason doing?" I ask.

"Good. They look happily married. I want what they have someday." He admits.

"I'm glad that they are happy." I smile happily at him. I check the Lasagna in the oven. It's perfect. I take it out.

"Here we go." I smile and hand him the spoon to dish for himself.

"It smells amazing. I didn't know that you could cook." He states. I shrug.

"There is a lot of thing that you don't know Dylan." I tease. He shrugs.

"Well. Let's change that. Let's play 20 questions." He suggests.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

4.2K 62 14
In this enthralling romance, love and intimacy collide powerfully between two individuals who couldn't be more different. Like two sides of a coin, t...
52.4K 1.4K 42
She had her own apartment, her own job, and her own life. Nothing to drag her down. Everything was perfect. Her abusive parents weren't in the pictur...
100 0 8
[ON HOLD] Amelia Claire, an independent soul, left her parent's home in Florida for New York, driven by the singular goal of securing a well-paying j...
864K 21.8K 43
Nathan Parker A 24 years billionaire and a single father of 2 years old. He is cold, arrogant, rude and doesn't give a shit about any others feelings...