Angel City's Most Wanted: A T...

By After_Hours_Writer

Gunslinger, criminal, terrorist. These are just a few names to describe him. A young pilot and his Legion cla... More

An Odd Encounter
One Thing Leads to Another
Enlistment
A Beacon of Hope
First Night
Emerald Forest Pt. 1
Emerald Forest Pt. 2
First Night
Leadership
Faunus Lessons
Allies
Forever Fall

One Last Crime

16.2K 159 223
By After_Hours_Writer

Unknown Pilot's POV

Outlaw. Criminal. Terrorist. A threat to the Frontier by both the Militia and the IMC. I've acquired many names during my time, all but a few being villainous. Angel City's Most Wanted.....but I'm done with this life.

This charade is done for; This war will never end. For years I've tried to stop it, but I've learned that like the great wars of the past, this will not end well for any of us. The only way out is to escape this hellish nightmare; To start a new life in the outer reaches of the galaxy. I only have one shot for this; One opportunity. I better make this count.

Swamplands of Typhon...

I stood over a cliff, looking over the Fleet Expedition Base amidst the dense fog. Flyers passed over me as they flew towards the base. The IMC had just finished pushing the Militia back with the support of the ARES Division. I noticed a few ships of various sizes landing near our location.

Krieg: What about the small one?

Legion: THE MK. II IMC FLAGSHIP MAXIMUM HOLDING CAPACITY IS 35,000 POUNDS...

Krieg: So it can't hold you?

Legion: IT IS 210 POUNDS UNDER OUR COMBINED WEIGHT...

Krieg: Okay, then what about-? Wait....did you just call me fat?

Legion: I NEVER SAID SUCH A THING...

Right. You're so funny.

Legion: I DETECT SARCASM.

Yeah. It was.

Krieg: What about the MK. III over there?

Legion: THE MK. III IMC FLAGSHIP WILL SUFFICE...

Good.

I jumped off the cliff, heading towards the low dense fog and landing in some foliage. As I looked around, I realized that I couldn't see 5 feet ahead of me.

I couldn't have picked a better day to do this.

I roamed around the outskirts of the base, like a ghost in the night. As I approached the ship, I noticed what looked liked civilians entering and exiting the ship as it landed. Fearing one of them would see me, I crawled under it, whispering as I spoke to Legion on comms.

Krieg: Legion. Got anything on this? I'm seeing civilians.

Legion: PROGRAMMING AN ANALYSIS...
...
...
...
ANALYSIS SHOWS NO REASONING FOR CIVILIANS TO BE IN THE AREA...

Krieg: Then what the hell are they? IMC executives?

Legion: PROBABILITY OF THE SCENARIO IS 52%...
IT SEEMS TO BE A LIKELY CHANCE.

Krieg: Well shit. Be prepared to make a mad dash to the storage area on my mark.

Legion: UNDERSTOOD PILOT...

I crawled out from under the ship and entered, pulling out a Hammond Handgun. As I walked towards the cabins. I aimed the pistol up and fired several rounds, scaring the people as I yelled.

Krieg: Nobody move!

I heard everyone go silent, a few crying in fear for their lives.

Krieg: If you wish to live, you will do exactly as I say!

Civilian: And if we d-.

*Bang!*

I pulled the trigger, blowing The man's brains out. His wife or girlfriend or whatever, was horrified as she had his blood on her dress.

Krieg: Ask a dumb question, you get a bullet to the head.

Civilian: You monster!

Krieg: That's number 52.

The ship's pilot ran towards the cabin to see what happened, only to be met with the barrel of the gun in his face and a very pissed off pilot.

Krieg: Make a move and you die, Kapeesh!?

The man nodded in fear.

Krieg: Alright. Open up the storage area, now!

The man did what he was told as Legion confirmed it.

Legion: I SEE THE CARGO DOOR OPEN PILOT...

Krieg: Then go for it Legion.

Hearing the name, a young woman screamed at me.

Woman: It's the Militia!

*Bang!*

Krieg: Not even close!

A woman was killed cause of dumb statements as several people sweated profusely, their hands trembling with fear of death.

Krieg: Now get off the ship!

I moved as everyone ran out, a few of the screaming for the IMC help. The vehicle sank a bit as Legion spoke.

Legion: I'M IN PILOT...

Krieg: Good. Now let's.

Pilot: Stop!

I felt a hook grab my side as it began to pull in the pilot's direction.

Ow! Goddamit. Not now!

As the pilot got close, I pressed a button on my wrist, sending me into a black and white dimension. I felt relief as the hook was taken off of me. I curled up in a ball and waited, eventually coming back inside the pilot.

Krieg: RRRAAAHH!

I stretched my entire body, exploding inside the pilot. His guts laid everywhere and the entire cabin now painted with blood. I noticed a grappling hook kit and picked it up, examining it.

I could use this...

Legion: IMC FORCES HAVE MOVED OUT TOWARDS OUR LOCATION...
I ADVISE WE MOVE OUT IMMEDIATELY.

I placed the grappling hook kit around my waist and ran towards the cockpit, pressing a bunch of buttons and starting the ship up.

Krieg: Bingo.

I took off, blasting away from Typhon's orbit and heading into the unknown.

An hour later.....

I managed to place the ship on autopilot, letting it drive forward as I looked at the wound on my side.

Three holes...deep too. Goddamn.

I grabbed a gauze and some antibiotics, wiping the wound clean and wrapping it around my abdomen.

Guess I got hooked.

Legion: 2/10...

Ah, screw you. Did you even get it?

Legion: I DETECT YOUR SARCASM ON A DAILY, MAYBE HOURLY BASIS PILOT...
I'VE COME TO LEARN THE DEFINITION OF A 'PUN'.

So....no?

Legion: YES...

Still screw you...hey, that's new.

I noticed a unique planet ahead of me, a massive continent surrounded by water. A reminder of Earth...

It felt like long ago...

The ship went dark at first, then the annoying sounds of several alarms going off at once.

WARNING: ENGINE FAILURE.

Krieg: Aww. That's just great!

I kicked the controls out of anger, accidently disabling the engines in time to be in the planet's orbit. The ship began to tilt towards the planet slowly. As it got closer, it tilted even more.

We're going down!

Legion: PILOT...
TRANSPORT YPURSELF TO ME AS SOON AS POSSIBLE...

With the mindset, I teleported into Legion's chassis, embarking the Legion class Titan.

Legion: TRANSFERRING CONTROLS TO PILOT...
READY FOR TITANFALL...

Krieg: Jump!

At my control, we jumped out of the crashing ship, following it down towards the planet.

Krieg: I always hated this!

Legion: I RECOMMEND CLOSING YOUR EYES PILOT...

I closed my eyes as I began to nauseated from the experience, waiting to just land already.

*winds blowing*
*gets louder*
*insanely loud winds*
*Boom!*
*Hydraulic pressure released*
*Gears clicking*

Legion: RESETTING TITAN PROTOCOLS...
...
...
...
TITAN PROTOCOLS RESET...
PROTOCOL 1: ESTABLISH NEURAL LINK WITH PILOT...
SCANNING PILOT VITALS...
...
...
ANALYSIS: VITALS SHOW SYMPTOMS OF BLACKOUT. ADMINISTERING TYPE B BLOOD TO TEMPERAL REGION OF THE BRAIN.

You do that and I will dismantle you.

Legion: MORE SARCASM DETECTED...
PILOT VITALS HAVE BEGAN TO SETTLE...
ESTABLISHING NEURAL LINK...
...
...
...

Krieg: Ow!

I opened my eyes, seeing myself in the middle of a forest at night, the crashed ship beside us.

Krieg: Motherfucker!

Legion: ...
...
NEURAL LINK ESTABLISHED...
PROTOCOL 1 COMPLETE...
PROTOCOL 2: UPHOLD THE MISSION...
OBJECTIVE NOT AVAILABLE...
REQUESTING MISSION FROM PILOT...
PROTOCOL 3: PROTECT THE PILOT...
I AM READY WHEN YOU ARE PILOT.

Krieg: Fun. Where are we?

Legion: AREA UNKNOWN...

Okay, that was a dumb question. I guess onwards.

Controlling Legion, we marched on through the forest, hoping that the IMC, or even the Militia, hadn't made it this far.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

260K 3.8K 44
(title says it all!) Disclaimer:I don't own anything here!
8K 140 20
Inspired by "Angels and Demons" by NaughtBeast https://m.fanfiction.net/s/12079726/1/Angels-and-Demons A mercenary pilot in the frontier known as "P...
47.9K 393 12
You are a really strong huntsman who has been accepted into beacon. You met 4 girls on beacons. Your bonds are strong leading into strong relationshi...
35.1K 348 15
Alex aka Carnage was a Apex Predator. He and two of his friends were evacuated off their ship due to a engine catching fire. While stranded on a plan...