Hands on Hearts

Da gracetheweird

If eyes are windows to the soul, hands are doors to the heart. Altro

birds
storytellers
math
broken plate
starry

habits

54 9 0
Da gracetheweird

Sleepy hands tug at the sheets, straightening and rearranging. They push the long hair off her neck and reshape the pillow to better fit her head. They are finally still, one resting on top of her abdomen and the other tucked behind the nape of her neck.

The nails have been bitten. It is not out of stress, but rather a reflexive habit picked up when reading or watching movies or doing anything that does not require hand movement.

The writer's callus on the middle finger is evidence of frequent use of a pencil. She adjusts her hand and rests it palm up next to her pillow. This skin, so often hidden from the sun, is pale in the watery moonlight. Her hand is soft and fresh, as untouched as new snow.

These hands are young and inexperienced. They have experienced tree-climbing, shoe-tying, monkey bars, and high fives, but they have yet to hold the weight of the world.

Thank you for your support!

Continua a leggere

Ti piacerΓ  anche

90.3M 2.9M 134
He was so close, his breath hit my lips. His eyes darted from my eyes to my lips. I stared intently, awaiting his next move. His lips fell near my ea...
70.3K 3.4K 67
Well, this is my first attempt of trying short stories. It is the collection of love stories.
1.7M 17.3K 3
*Wattys 2018 Winner / Hidden Gems* CREATE YOUR OWN MR. RIGHT Weeks before Valentine's, seventeen-year-old Kate Lapuz goes through her first ever br...
Fate Da v xxxiri v

Storie brevi

12.8K 880 9
A story of a young boy Vishnu who lives along with his cold brothers in India, wishing to be taken care and loved by them