Sang the Stray (Completed)

By Jme1983

I only meant to stay out one night...I didn't think I'd be stepping into a whole new world.... This is fan... More

1. Through the Looking Glass...or maybe a Portal?
2. Survivor Sang
3. Moonfall
4. Discovered
5. Am I a Mad Hatter?
6. S4-Report
7. Headache
8. A Taste of Freedom
9. Curiouser and Curiouser
10. KOTIS Report
11. [un]Talented
12. S4-Report
13. Tell-tale Heart
14. A Green Knight
15. Green Eggs and Ham
16. Stay
17. S4-Report
18. White Lightning
19. S4-Report
20. Rechargeable Battery
21. Orange Blush
22. Cuss a Blue Streak
23. S4-Report
24. Red Tide
25. Hand(s) Off
26. Musical Chairs
27. Black and Blueberries
28. Up in Flames
29. Ice Capades
30. Feathers and Tails
31. When Skies Are Grey
32. S4-Report
33. Starry Night
34. Getting in Deep
35. Virtue and Challenge
36. Revelation
37. Secret Garden
38. A Second Helping
39. S4-Report
40. Voltzach
41. Crimson and Clover
42. Cheshire Cat
43. On the Flip-Side
44. Blackjack
45. Interception
46. Seven Swans a'Sinking
47. Insightful
48. Accomplice
49. Purple Heart
50. K-I-S-S-I-N-G
51. Revealed
52. Looks Like Luck
53. Pampered
54. S4-Report
56. White as a Ghost
57. Playful
58. S4-Report
59. Song and Dance
60. Ghost-Report
61. No Regrets
62. Aether
63. Recover
64.Cat and Lab Rat
65. S4-Report
66. Try, Try Again
67. Welcome
68. S2-Report
69. T-minus 10, 9, 8....
70. Ain't Nothin' But A Hound Dog

55. Bearing Gifts

1.5K 167 10
By Jme1983

I did as Nathan suggested and laid down to rest, and sometime later was woken by an alert for the door. I left Victor's comfy bed to greet whoever it was at the entrance. I activated the access code and the door slid open to reveal Raven balancing a food tray in one hand and carrying a box in the other.

"You tell South and the rest of Fourth Squad I am not dorn," he grumbled as he came in with his burdens. I checked the dictionary and evidently, dorns were some sort of pack animal from North Kolar. "And check your messages." He moved past me bringing the tray to the dining area.

I had a few Interface messages waiting. It was the one from Tsee Blackbourne that made my heart thump harder. I read it first.

@Miss Sorenson: Tset Griffen reported that you were distressed when he escorted you back to the residences. I feel I must apologize, for Ista Green informs me that my words directed at him appear to be the cause. Please forgive my careless speech. I asked Tset Ravenstahl to bring you a token. Ista Green also noted your appreciation of the bathroom facilities in our apartment. Please feel free to make use of such, if you so desire.

I turned to Raven and he handed me a rose with a haphazardly cut stem. What had he used to hack at Tsee Blackbourne's beautiful rose bush just to get this one stem?

"Stupid thorns," he mumbled. Then he gestured to the table where my baidou stew sat beside chocolates, a bottle of chilled chocolate quehve, and my hair clip that Gabriel had been hiding.

I checked the other messages in quick succession.

@SangBaby: Enjoy the chocolate....but don't eat too much sugar.

@Peanut: we'll go for a fun swim, no stairs next training session.

@10: counting down until I see you again.

@Princess: recorded this song on onaip for you, play here

@Trouble: just for today....then you have to give it back

@Pookie: 😘

Silas had sent a whole list of his silly jokes and Luke said to save him a chocolate kiss. My heart felt like it would burst.

"Where are they?" I asked.

Raven grunted and ate a bit of the chocolate. I didn't mind, figuring he deserved something for playing errand boy.

He answered, "In debriefing. The Pillar Gate opened while they were with the investigation team. Corey is upset because it came three kasse earlier than his calculation. He hates being wrong. So....what did they do? Do I need to put South on ice to cool him down a bit?"

"Huh?" I wasn't sure why he would think the guys had done something.

He gave me a measured look, then said,"You must have been upset for them to do all this. Unless, just female issue. Sorry, not going to get any of that stuff for you... " He trailed off and threw up his hands.

"No!" I blushed. "Not female problems. Just misunderstanding."

"Oh," Raven said, relaxing his arms down. "Good. Well, does this make nice?" Raven pointed towards the guys' gifts.

"Yes," I whispered, "I think it does."

"Hmm. Maybe, I try ugly flower next time Kayli's is mad. Usually, we just need food to make nice, or Marc makes quehve," he commented.

"Is Marc with Kayli, too?" I asked, having wondered. "I had thought, at first, that she was just with you and Corey," I added. I had noticed that the others in Second Squad also seemed more than friendly with her at times.

"You not know?" Raven asked back. I shook my head 'no'. "Oh. Yes, Kayli is with Axel, Marc, Brandon, and Blake, too. She finished Adult Exams a year ago and we all move to start Taren Marriage. Dumb. Have to file paperwork and cohabitate three years before official. Marriage can be next day after meeting in North Kolar."

Wow.

"But, Kayli has her own apartment," I said.

"Is connected to ours. We take turns staying over with her," he replied.

Oh....oohhhh.

He interrupted my inner musings on that by asking, "How much more school do you have? Still long time to take Exams?"

I nodded. "Completing Level 7 module soon," I said.

"Owen and Sean done awhile ago and I think rest of Fourth Squad finish soon. Younger members all under fifty still," he told me. I had known this, having heard the guys talk about maybe studying for the exams that would officially designate them as legal adults in Taren society. Well, mostly I heard Kota reminding the others to study. "So you good now? I will leave."

Raven headed out, without really waiting for my answer, but that was fine. He had given me a lot to think about. Like, Kayli being with all six of her male squadmates. And they were all marrying her. That was something to think about too. The Taren marriage process would have appalled my step-mother. I know exactly what she would have called Kayli.

And the most obvious question that came to mind: Could what Kayli had with the Second Squad guys be possible for me and Fourth Squad? Followed by: Would they want that?

My mind whirled with memories of all the affectionate things the guys had said and done. They had opened their arms, their homes, their lives to me. I had already kissed some of them. I knew I wanted to kiss the others, too. Would any of them be jealous of the others? The other day Nathan had not seemed to like Kota's attention on me. Silas said we would talk with North about our kiss. What did that mean?

I decided that it would be pointless to worry over questions to which I had no answers and that the bathtub in Sean and Tsee Blackbourne's apartment was more than appealing. After eating the stew, I took a change of clothes and only hesitated slightly before accessing their door. I felt like I was intruding since I had only stayed the one time, but that wasn't enough to keep me from the tub. Still, when I finished I redressed right away and went back to Kota, Victor and Nathan's place. I indulged in the chocolates and watched an episode of Super Sight Six.

I was considering starting another episode when Kota, Victor, and Nathan came in, looking especially tired and worn.

"Hey, Sang," Kota greeted me with a weary sigh, as he crossed the room and flopped onto the couch next to me, arm going around my shoulder. "Did you get some rest? Something to eat?"

"Of course, she did," Nathan said back, his tired voice carrying a hint of irritation. "I told you I sent for a meal to be delivered." He pulled me up from sitting next to Kota and into a hug.

Kota looked up with calm, emerald eyes. "I know."

"Then why did you ask?" Nathan voiced seemed more tense. What was going on? I hugged him back quickly then pulled away a bit from Nathan. He loosened his grip.

"I was just making conversation," Kota replied evenly. He rose from the coach, shoulders squared. His voice took on that familiar tone of command, "Look, we have all had a long day. We should probably go to sleep." Then he turned to Victor and nodded. I wondered if it had been a signal of some sort. Victor walked over and slid an arm through mine pulling me further out of Nathan's hold.

"Come on, Princess," he said. "You're with me for this sleep cycle." He gently led me towards his room.

Kota and Nathan stood silently staring at each other. I looked back just before Victor's door slid shut behind us. Kota's face had taken on an edge of steel and Nathan was reddening, hands fisted tightly at his sides. My heart dropped. It must be jealousy. What Kayli had with Second Squad suddenly seemed impossible for me. I hated the thought that I could be driving Fourth Squad apart.

*******
Interface Channel: private
Users: Kota Lee, Nathan Griffen

K: You need to calm down.

N: And you need to back off. Why did you send her to bed with Victor?

K: What do you mean? Back off from what? I sent Sang with Victor because you were upsetting her.

N: She was fine, except for you staking a claim on her as soon as we get in the door!

K: You're being ridiculous. I wasn't staking a claim. I asked her polite questions and sat next to her. I don't understand what your problem with that is. You know what we all agreed to.

N: Of course I know! It's just such shit!

K: This isn't easy for any of us! You think I want to hear about or see any of you with her? To lie in my bed two doors down knowing she's with Victor when all I want after a day like this is to wrap her in my arms and...

N: Fuck. No, I know. I don't need to hear any more. Once I kissed her it was harder to think about everyone else being with her.

K: Wait. You kissed her and you're acting jealous of me sitting with her? You're an idiot.

N: Sorry. I was thinking about seeing her once we got back and then before I can do anything you had your arm around her. And I was so angry.

K: You were jealous. And it made you selfish.

N: Yeah, I guess.

K: We talked about this happening. What we would do if feelings were getting strong.

N: It was easier to think of it in theory than deal with it in reality.

K: I know. Maybe, we need to talk about schedules and boundaries again...not necessarily as a whole squad... just the three of us in our apartment.

N: I guess. You were right to send her with Vic. I feel like shit now. She must think...she must think the worst.

K: Nate, you are not your father. We are all exhausted. Being tired never helps anyone's temper. Talk to her tomorrow. Everything will work out.

N: You're right. Again I am sorry. I am not so sure I can handle all this.

K: First Squad and Second Squad both told Tsee Blackbourne that it took them time...and lots of honesty...and work. We have to take it kai by kai. We haven't even passed exams for legal adulthood, and we are waiting until Tsee Blackbourne thinks it's the right time to talk to Sang.

N: So just take it slow? Are we going to have that talk again.

K: Ends to Muina, no...I am going to sleep. We will all have time with Sang in the morning, hopefully. Goodnight.

N: Goodnight.
*******

A/n: A thank you to Lifechallng for feedback and encouragement when I wasn't sure of this chapter. Also, I apologize for slower updates. Things are getting busy with life! As always you are the best readers...thank you all for voting and commenting!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

52.3K 3.8K 39
This is yet another CL Stone Fanfiction. I do NOT own the characters that CL Stone created, only the ones that I have created. Jade Ford is a freshm...
6K 504 8
() Series () A. Sang in a Childhood Daze (completed) B. Sang in a Rebel Daze (completed) <3 <3 <3 <3 () NOTES () A. I'm not much of rebe...
107K 5.4K 23
Fanfiction based on CL Stone's Ghost Bird Series. For years, The Academy boys have kept secrets from Sang Sorenson. First, there were the understanda...
168K 7.2K 25
This is a fanfiction about Sang and her academy boys with an alternative beginning that drives the rest of the story. ***This is purely a FAN FICTIO...