Familiar

By ThestydiaBitchh

She was sixteen, She got kicked out, she lost a sister but she had a dream. A dream she felt like she had to... More

1) 1 Year ago
2) Present
3) Rose
4) Unfamiliar
5) Closed book
6) Handwriting
7) Memories
8) Clueless
10) Matching Puzzle
11) Footprints
12) Reminiscing

9) Diner

406 21 8
By ThestydiaBitchh

Do not play song yet!

No one said anything in the car after the confusing disappearance from Lydia Martin. Something good did come out of the night for Lydia though. Just as Jessica way about to kiss Stiles goodbye a few minutes ago, he moved his head to the side and made her lips collide with his cheek. It surprised Jessica the next second he jumped inside of the jeep, but Lydia still didn't allow herself to show any emotion. The act she started the second she entered school was starting to get more and more forgettable - from when she dressed like something that didn't show her true Lydia Martin, and to now where she started losing her fake image. Everything was slowly starting to fall apart for her. And she didn't even notice. She didn't even notice how Jessica was bringing her real self out. Lydia Martin could do anything. She could pretend to be someone she actually wasn't, she could protect herself from heartbreak, she could practically do anything. But what she couldn't do, was holding her anger inside. When Lydia Martin gets angry, nothing can hold her back.

She had crossed arms the whole way over to the diner. They were all on their way to the familiar diner the group of friends always hung out in. It was usually only the five of them – Allison, Kira, Scott, Isaac and Stiles. They never invited any other than themselves, but Lydia was an exception. Allison had convinced the group of friends to let Lydia come with them. They hesitated at first but then settled to agreement when Allison's death glare came to play.

She didn't even know why she was so angry or even vulnerable but she didn't blame herself for the things she did. What he did. Something was up with that boy but she didn't know what and she didn't want to know. So she just kept distance from him but that goddamn fool kept coming up in her life. She couldn't do anything but let things happen.

His eyes were on the road, and her were looking out of the window. The friends in the back awkwardly stared between those two as if something happened. It's not like Stiles and Lydia usually speaks to each other anyways, but they were both out of focus. After the singing battle between Jessica and Scott/Isaac, Lydia disappeared. Lydia disappeared, Stiles disappeared, they were both gone for a few minutes. Stiles came back and Lydia came back seconds after. That's all they know. But that piece of information, puzzling up with the silence in the car, made it clear that something had happened.

"Stiles, you drove past red light,"

Kira commented and awkwardly looked at Isaac who starred at Stiles. Stiles exhaled and pushed his hair back before he pulled himself together and put both of his hands on the steering wheel. Lydia still didn't glare at him. Her throat automatically sunk the little, dry amount of salvia down. Her eyes fluttered a few times, as she tried to get rid of the stinging eyes.

Allison clapped her palms together, getting all their attention.

"I was so looking forward to come back to the diner,"

She interrupted the silence. The rest of them mumbled with agreement and started a conversation out of that. Lydia was thankful that Allison did what she did.

"We're here,"

Stiles mumbled loud enough for them all to hear. The engine to the jeep stopped, stiles took out the keys, he fiddled with them, put them in his jacket pocket, opened the door and went straight out to the diner. Lydia rested her body back to the seat for a while before taking her stuff and going out of the jeep. She yelled after Allison and commanded her help to get down.

"Sorry I forgot to help you before. Who helped you come down the jeep before?"

Allison questioned with an arm behind Lydia's waist. Lydia groaned as she reached out for her crutches on the seat. She closed the jeep door and began walking with Allison by her side. Isaac and Kira walked side by side in front while Scott was getting something from the jeep.

"Stiles helped me,"

Lydia said casual. Allison furrowed her eyebrows.

"Oh. That's weird."

"What's weird," Scott ran over to reach the girls while he was out of breath. Allison lifted her head and smiled. "Nothing, we were just talking about Stiles."

Scott had his hands in his pockets, keeping them warm. You could see how he was shivering from the cold air. The cold breeze made his eyes teary.

"What about Stiles?"

Lydia sighed, getting tired of the subject already. The frustrational sound got Scotts and Allison's eyes to land on Lydia. Lydia could see their stares from the corner of her eye but chose to ignore it. Allison looked down at her steps again and continued.

"He's acting weird lately."

Scott chuckled. "Doesn't he always?"

"Does the Stiles you know help people he doesn't know out of a jeep just because of a late injury?" Allison questioned sarcastically and looked over at Scott who had turned his head at Lydia.

"He did that?" He asked surprised.

Lydia chuckled and let her head fall back. Her curly strawberry blonde locks were down her back.

"And what's so surprising about that?"

She almost yelled in their faces. She hated that almost every conversation had something to do with Stiles. Stiles blah, Stiles blah, oh! And Stiles BLAH!

There was a few seconds' silence before Scott began speaking again.

"He never acts like that," he stops along with the other two girls when they stop at the diner door. Lydia's eyes were red from when she had cried before but neither of them questioned it.

"Last time he acted like that, was before he changed. Before he started keeping secrets. Something happened with him when he was sixteen, but he doesn't want to tell any of us. That's why we don't ask about his past. But we've always been his friends, so we're still there for him. Even if he doesn't let us in."

Scott smiled and opened the door, waiting for Lydia to enter first. Lydia's eyes were still glued on Scott though. She thought about Stiles. She was interested in what had happened to him, but she didn't want to be. She closed her eyes and nodded her head before going in.

Her red nose and ears were heating up from the warm air in the dinner. The place filled with people that talked from across the place as if they all were a big family. The waitresses were very chatty with the people and they were always putting on a real big smile. The diner had a mini stage where speakers were set along with a microphone.

The three of them saw Stiles, Isaac and Kira at the front table. They walked over there, seeing that they already got them all sodas.

"Who paid for the drinks?"

Allison asked excited.

Kira and Isaac nudged at Stiles with their shoulders. He had his head up, playing a smile with pursed lips. Scott chuckled and clapped his shoulder as he thanked for them all. Lydia felt embarrassed to even look at the drink that Stiles spend money on. She didn't even want to touch it but if she don't , she'll look ungrateful.

"Thanks, Stiles,"

Lydia said and regretted as soon as silence hit the table. Why would I say that, Scott already did it for me! From one minute to the next, her eyes landed on Stiles who had a smile on his lips. It wasn't really his lips but more his eyes that were smiling at her. They were in fact all looking at her, and IN FACT they were all holding the straw to the sodas up. This looked like something from a movie or something. Lydia was sure her head had turned scarlet. She tried to not make it visible by gulping, but the spit almost made her choke, so she gulped embarrassingly loud. LOUD. LIKE. IN. MOVIES.

And she was sure that her head looked like a tomato when she saw Stiles looking smiling down at his soda again. She looked down as well. That's how easy they forgive each other. Without words.

Scott glanced at the two of them and then looked at Allison. He couldn't believe his own eyes and neither could she. Scott smiled and quickly covered his smiling mouth, to not let it show. Allison smiled as well, but cleared her throat to make it less uncomfortable for Lydia.

"Stiles my dear old friend!"

Some guy said with an accent as if he was from Spain. The guy looked like he was in his 40s. He was wearing an apron where there stood the diners name. He came from behind with a dishtowel in his right hand and both arms out, ready to hug Stiles. Stiles stood up and hugged him back as they both clapped on each other's shoulders. As the old guy clapped on Stiles' shoulder, he also left a stain of flour from his hand to Stiles Shirt.

"Hi, Abelardo."

Stiles slowly sat down again. They talked for a few minutes before Abelardo looked at the group of friends. Stiles introduced Abelardo to them as his friends.

"Nice to meet you,"

Abelardo waved with his hand and laughed.

"Nice to meet you too," Allison politely said back. Before Abelardo decided to leave, he immediately turned around with big eyes. He pointed at Stiles and stepped closer. Stiles looked confused around and then back at Abelardo.

"You know what? You should sing a song again. Like old days,"

Abelardo smiled and took Stiles hand. Stiles pulled back and sat down again.

"No, Abelardo I'm not singing,"

Stiles smiled politely with his teeth pressed hard together as if saying to the man that this was the worst timing ever.

"Don't be silly," Abelardo tried to pull Stiles up but Stiles sat back down.

"Come on man! Get up there," Scott pushed Stiles. Stiles gave Scott a death glare but Scott didn't let it bother him.

"Yeah, get up Stiles," Isaac laughed and made him stand up. Stiles tried to sit down again, but Kira pushed to his chair with her foot, and made it fall to the floor. Allison laughed at him and eventually also began pushing him up stage.

Abelardo ran up to the stage and turned the microphone on. He tested it with his finger until it made a sound. People started looking at him as he spoke.

"Okay ladies and gentlemen. I want to introduce you to my old friend who's gonna play for us today. Give a big hand to Stiles!"

He pointed at Stiles who was looking all around the diner while people's claps overwhelmed him. He sighed and rubbed his forehead before pulling himself together again. He finally began walking towards the stage.

Lydia had never been more confused before. She looked to her right and left for about 2 minutes. Allison laughed at how confused she was and then told her what was going on.

"Stiles can sing yes. He doesn't want to talk about it anymore because – like we said before – it has something to do with his past. But he's amazing, you'll see."

Lydia's cheeks were burning.

HE. COULD. SING.

Turn on.

Lydia's eyes didn't leave the stage. She made sure to not miss a second of the performance. Not one single second. Second. Second...

"Don't leave your eyes from mine. Not even for a second."

She was dizzy again. She breathed so loud as if she had woken up from a nightmare. Her hand was above her chest as she tried to stabilize her breathing. That voice. She heard his voice again. The same voice that kept haunting her with the nickname-

Peach...

Lydia bumped her knee to the table and made her drink fall. She blinked her eyes several times.

"Lydia, are you okay?!"

Allison had a hand on her shoulder. Lydia couldn't concentrate she couldn't breathe, s-she couldn't- she...

That's when her eyes looked at Stiles'

He was looking at her. He was playing his guitar. He started singing.

She calmed down. She held Allison's hand in hers and nodded. "I'm fine."

Play song!

If that wasn't a vision of god, she didn't know what was. Stiles' voice started spilling words out and it was giving Lydia air. She was breathing.

Your hand fits in mine like it's made just for me

But bear this mind it was meant to be

And I'm joining up the dots with the freckles on your cheeks

And it all makes sense to me.

He wasn't looking at her anymore. He was too scared to. He closed his eyes instead and imagined that he did. He imagined the first night he sung this song to Lydia. He remembered the night where he wrote it just by looking at her sleep.

I won't let these little things slip out of my mouth

But if I do, it's you, oh it's you, they add up to

I'm in love with you and all these little things.

Even if he didn't sing to her, she sure felt like he was. His voice was orgasm itself. Lydia intertwined her fingers together under the table and imagined that it was his hands she was holding. Her he was singing to. Her he was kissing. There were no limits right now. She didn't care about the limits. She didn't care if she was going too far with her thoughts. Cause she knew... so was he.

I know you've never loved the sound of your voice on tape

You never want to know how much you weigh

You still have to squeeze into your jeans

But you're perfect to me.

She held around herself tighter. She was craving him. She didn't know who he was. She didn't know who she was craving. She only knew that she craved him. The guy in her mind. The guy taking her breath away. But she didn't know who he was.

You never love yourself half as much as I love you

You'll never treat yourself right darling but I want you to

If I let you know, I'm here for you

Maybe you'll love yourself like I love you oh.

Stiles had his eyes closed during the whole song except... the last line. "Like I, love you." He was looking at Lydia during those 4 words. That wasn't even the weird part. The weird part was that she felt the words he said. She loved the rush inside of her. She loved her fast heartbeat. She loved the guy in her head.

If only she could remember who he was.

Clapping sounds made her get out of her paralyzing world. How long was she long? She started clapping along to the crowd. Stiles was already finished. She smiled and her eyes hurt.

When she looked around the table, she saw every single eye from her friends on her. They were all staring at her in chok. They had stopped clapping and Lydia didn't know what had happened. She looked at Kira and Allison.

"What?" she asked Kira.

Kira furrowed her brows.

"How did you know that song?"

~♡~♡~♡~♡~♡~♡~♡~♡~♡~♡~♡~

Hope you liked the chapter.

Comment And vote or I'll kill u... :)

Please tell me if there's something you don't understand from the chapter or story. Cause if feel like it's hard to catch up in this story.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

110M 3.4M 115
The Bad Boy and The Tomboy is now published as a Wattpad Book! As a Wattpad reader, you can access both the Original Edition and Books Edition upon p...