Manhattan Dreams ✅

By JoshayaShipper4Ever

♡ Joshaya AU ♡ Maya is an aspiring ballerina who is more than ready to start her life at Manhattan School of... More

1. Boys
2. Tipsy
3. Aftermath
4. Girlfriends
5. Morgan
6. Clubbing
7. Break-Up
8. Shock
9. Dating
10. Honesty
11. Skipping
12. Performing
13. Bad
14. Party
15. Preparing
16. Invasion
17. Fighting
18. Desires
19. Frustration
20. Loss
21. Goodbye
22. Overwhelmed
23. Back
24. Drunk
25. Someday
26. Practices
27. Scary
28. Frenemies
29. Chaos
30. Auditions
31. Home
32. Thankful
33. Friday
35. Unplugged
36. Idiots
37. Showcase
38. Worries
39. Alone
40. Showbiz
41. Deal
42. Neglect
43. Celebrate
44. Checking
45. Miscommunications
46. Emotions
47. Executives
48. Philly
49. Laughter
50. Promise
51. Squad
52. Last
53. Distance
54. Three
55. Missing
56. Reunited

34. Reality

1.9K 40 36
By JoshayaShipper4Ever

I wake the next morning to the sound of voices seemingly in Josh's bedroom. My eyes flutter open and I realize that I'm still lying on the couch. I sit up and look over to find Josh fast asleep beside me. "Morning kiddo" my dad chuckles as he walks by the couch on his way to the kitchen.

"Hey" I whisper in return.

"Did you fall asleep?" Riley giggles as she moves to sit on the arm of the couch beside me.

"We were watching a movie" I reply with a yawn. "We must've fallen asleep. How are you this morning honey?"

"I'm okay" she shrugs. "I'm kinda bummed to be going home today."

"It's been fun" I agree, "but" I smirk, "aren't you a little excited to be able to hang out with Lucas. Alone" I add in a whisper making a blush rise on her cheeks.

"Maybe" she admits making me giggle. "What about you? It took you and Josh awhile to get downstairs yesterday morning" she says expectantly.

"No comment" I reply as a blush rises on my own cheeks while Josh stirs beside me.

"Why is everyone in my room?" he groans making me giggle as moves around on the couch to try and get comfortable.

"We fell asleep" I explain. "We're in the living room."

"Ugh" he groans. "I miss my dorm" he adds as he opens his eyes.

"I don't" I scoff. "I have been enjoying my break from all that drama" I add seriously as Josh sits up and wipes the sleep from his eyes.

"I didn't mean campus in general I just meant my specific dorm. My own space."

"You complain an awful lot" Morgan points out as she walks into the room from the kitchen with a mug of coffee in her hands. "What time are you kiddos hitting the road?"

"I'm not sure" I shrug. "It all depends on what time my dad wants to get going."

"Actually" my dad says as he walks back into the room with his own cup of coffee in his hands. "I'm gonna be heading to Greenwich with Cory and Topanga today. I'm gonna stay with them for a couple days before heading back home. I figure you can just get a ride with Josh back to campus. Unless you're really set on spending more time with me" he adds with a chuckle.

I gnaw my bottom lip, "are you sure?" I ask worriedly. "I see him all the time. I don't want you to think I don't want to spend time with you" I add as I stand up and walk towards him.

"Kiddo" he chuckles. "It's fine" he assures me. "So you are all free to leave whenever you want" he adds, "oh and breakfast is ready." I chuckle as I look back towards my boyfriend.

"Food then back to campus?"

"Sounds good to me" he smiles as he stands up and takes my hand in his before following me towards the kitchen.

*************************************************************************************

"Are you sure you have everything?" Amy asks Josh for the millionth time while we all stand around his car waiting for me and him to leave. Lucas had already picked up Riley up about twenty minutes ago and once Josh and I were done dealing with our clingy families we would be hitting the road.

"Yes mom" he chuckles. "I have everything I need."

"Okay" she gives as she leans in for a hug. "I'm gonna miss you so much kiddo."

"Mom I'm gonna be home in a few weeks. There's only three weeks left in the semester and then I'll be home for an entire month" he reminds her as they pull apart.

"I know" she nods. "Okay" she says with a deep breath. "Drive safe and call me as soon as you get back to campus."

"I will mom" he assures her. "I love you."

"Love you too" she replies as she wipes a stray tear from her eyes. "Bye sweetheart" she adds as she looks to me sweetly.

"Bye Amy" I reply politely.

"Get my daughter back safe" Shawn shouts from the porch where he's leaning against one of the pillars with Cory beside him.

"Will do" Josh shouts back before turning towards me and smiles. "You ready to hit the road Penelope?" he asks and I nod before the two of us climb in. He puts the key in the ignition and I lean forward to scan the radio stations. When I pass all of the usual stations we listen to he quirks an eyebrow at me and laughs. "What station are you looking for?" he asks curiously.

I continue to scan the stations until I land Santa Baby streaming through the speakers and turn it up. He chuckles, shaking his head in amusement. "Favorite Christmas song?" I ask as he backs out of the driveway and merges into traffic.

"Um" he thinks as he puts on his blinker to move into the left lane. "Baby It's Cold Outside" he says making me giggle.

"Which version is your favorite?" I ask curiously.

"I have no idea. I've heard like a million. How is it possible to pick one?"

"Easy" I reply with a shrug. "My favorite is Chris Colfer and Darren Criss' version" I explain. He quirks an eyebrow at me making me shake my head. "Do not give me that look" I insist. "We all had our Glee phase."

"Whatever" he laughs, shaking his head. "What's your favorite Christmas song?" he asks curiously.

"Do I have to pick one?" I ask seriously making him chuckle as he nods his head.

"Yes little miss indecisive. You have to pick one" he laughs. I sigh, thinking over the options in my head before finally settling on one.

"Fine" I huff. "Last Christmas."

"Alright that one is actually pretty good" he gives. "Which version of that is your favorite?"

"Ariana Grande" I reply immediately.

"I didn't even know she sang Christmas music." I roll my eyes.

"What ever will I do with you?" I ask playfully, "wait" I add quickly as I pull out my phone and grab his aux cord. "I know exactly what to do" I smirk as I open my music playlist.

"Maya what are you doing?" Josh asks quickly. I smirk as I click on my Ariana Grande Christmas album and my favorite song begins streaming through the speakers. "Are we seriously gonna listen to Ariana Grande the entire ride?" he asks with a chuckle.

"Yep" I pop the p.

He laughs, shaking his head. "You're lucky I love you."

"I know" I reply with a bright smile as I lean forward and turn up the volume.

*************************************************************************************

"Well we're back" Josh sighs as he tosses our bags onto the floor of his dorm room before moving towards the futon and plopping down on it. I roll my eyes as I wander over to him and pluck the remote out of his hands before he has a chance to turn on the television. "Hey" he exclaims making me roll my eyes as I put the remote on the table and cross my arms over my chest.

"We need to unpack. Classes start tomorrow and with all your gigs this month and the showcase coming up we are going to have no time to ourselves" I explain causing him to groan.

"Why?" he whines. "This is why we should never enter reality. It's too stressful" he complains making me chuckle as I pick up my bag and sling it over my shoulder.

"Unfortunately this is real life and we have to enter reality. I'm gonna head down to my room and unpack" I explain. "I suggest you do the same. Then maybe we could get some dinner in the union together" I suggest.

"Sounds good" he says as he reaches forwards for the remote once again making me roll my eyes as I open the door and slip out into the hallway. I head down to my room only to be stopped in my tracks when I spot Sophie pushes up against her door by Max who was too busy trailing kisses down her neck to notice me.

"Ehm" I clear my throat causing the two of them to pull apart as a blush harshens on Sophie's cheeks. She takes her bottom lip between her teeth and waves to me awkwardly.

"Hey Maya. How was your break?" she asks conversationally.

"Not nearly as good as yours it appears" I tease as I stick my key in the door and swing it open. "Carry on. Please don't let me stop you" I smirk before slipping into my room and closing the door behind me. Riley's side of the room is spotless already and I can tell by the opened bottle of body spray on her dresser that she's already up and left for the day. I move towards our stereo and crank the volume to drown out whatever it is that Sophie and Max are doing next door while I unpack.

It takes me about a half hour but I'm satisfied when I'm done and realize I even have a little extra time before dinner. I smile as I reach into my dresser for my ballet slippers. I fill up a water bottle and head towards the studio to practice a bit but when I get there I find Smackle sitting on the floor staring at herself in the mirror. "Smackle? What are you doing?" I ask as I place my bottle on the floor before taking a seat next to her.

"What's your favorite perk of being a dancer?" she asks causing me to furrow my eyebrows as I shrug.

"I don't know. Everything. I love how alive it makes me feel" I smile. Especially after I lost my mom, dancing was my reason to get up in the morning. I honestly don't think I could've gotten through a lot of tough times without dancing.

"But physically speaking" she clarifies.

"Well not the feet" I joke, earning an annoyed glare from my friend. I backpedal and shrug. "I honestly don't know. I guess I like that I don't feel weird about having small boobs" I say finally making her chuckle.

"Your boobs aren't small. They're just smaller than Riley and I's."

"Whatever" I shrug. "You asked and you got your answer. What's your favorite perk?"

She sighs as she hugs her knees to her chest. "My body. I like looking the way I do. That may sound self-absorbed or something but-."

"No" I shake my head. "It's good to feel good in your body. "You should always feel good about the way you look."

She nods, falling silent for a long moment. "What if I don't get my body back?"

I furrow my eyebrows at her in confusion. "Smackle what are you talking about? Do you mean because you won't be dancing anymore?"

She shakes her head slowly before dragging her gaze to me and taking a deep breath. "I'm pregnant."

"Oh my god" I exclaim in shock. "Have you told Farkle?" I ask quickly. She nods her head and I let out a small breath of relief. At least that was one hurdle she had already cleared.

"And?" I question. She shrugs.

"And I wanna keep it so it really doesn't matter what he wants" she says seriously. "Of course I want him to stick around but he's terrified. He signed on for a good time, not a lifetime."

"Sweetheart" I sigh as I take her hand in mine. "Everything I gonna be okay. Everything will work out the way it's supposed to. He'll come around. Just give him time."

"And if he doesn't?" she asks seriously. I smile as I take her hand in mine and squeeze it tight.

"If he doesn't you still have me" I assure her. "And I am not going anywhere" I add before pulling her in for a hug.

*************************************************************************************

"You seem distracted tonight" Josh says as I walk over to the futon after getting dressed for bed. I sigh as I plop down onto the futon and run my hands over my face.

"I just found out a secret today that has me a little wound up is all" I sigh as I sit up to face him as he takes a seat beside me.

"Anything I can help with?" he asks sweetly but I shake my head.

"Unfortunately this isn't something I can share with you yet" I admit sadly. "But I promise if I could I would." He nods understandably as he takes my hand in his.

"Okay" he concedes. "Just know that I'm here to talk if you need me."

"I know" I nod. "I can always count on you" I smile as I reach up for a short kiss. "I'm a little tired. You mind if we turn in early tonight?"

"Only if you don't mind falling asleep to Stanger Things" he says making me roll my eyes as I climb up onto his bed and snuggle up under the covers.

"You are obsessed" I tease as he snuggles up beside me, curling his body around mine.

"So are you. You just won't admit it" he replies before cuing up an episode I know he's seen at least four times.

"Whatever" I reply with a roll of my eyes. "Goodnight Josh."

"Night Maya" he replies sweetly, kissing the top of my head while I drift off to sleep. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

561K 9.8K 32
🦋彡☆ ❪ 𝙻𝙾𝚅𝙴 𝙲𝙾𝙼𝙴𝚂 𝚄𝙽𝙴𝚇𝙿𝙴𝙲𝚃𝙴𝙳𝙻𝚈 ❫ 🦋彡☆ ❝IF I LOSE MYSELF TONIGHT, IT'LL BE YOU AND I❞ ▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃ 𝙞𝙣 𝙬𝙝𝙞𝙘𝙝, topan...
105K 2.6K 31
○○○•COMPLETED•○○○ After a traumatic past Joshua Matthews turns himself into a bad boy, partying every night and not caring at all what people think...
144K 3.7K 55
Maya Hunter: Maya's life was perfect. She had a family that loved her, a boyfriend who adored her (at least when he wasn't adoring other girls), and...
795K 15.5K 94
It's been two years since their someday deal and neither Josh or Maya have talked to each other much since. Now Maya is just starting her freshman ye...