Ishqbaaaz : The Return of Obr...

By Lakshmi1099

Highest rank #21 on 09/02/2018 in fanfictions. 7 years have passed since that fateful day. The day when the f... More

Author speaking ;)
Prologue
Shivaay
Shivika
Rudra
Rumya
Omkara
Rikara
Dadi
Flashback.
Flashback 2
The truth.
Fear.
Memories and more..
Journeys.
The dilemma.
When the past comes knocking.
New beginnings
Relations
Home Sweet Home(Part A)
Home Sweet Home(Part B)
Morning stress.
Conspiracies
Bonds.
The meet.
Confrontations
Introductions.
Revelations.
Forgive and Forget?
The Welcome.
When the unexpected happens.
The Breaking News.
The mastermind's plan.
Suspicions.
The rise.
Untitled
The call.
Choices and Consequeces
Preparations
The past.
The Homecoming.
Homecoming (Part B)
Relations?
Continue??
Conflicts.
Mine.
I've got your back,Di
Outside the bubble.
The party.
The limit
The ties that bind

Lost in time.

7.9K 497 88
By Lakshmi1099

Rudra pushed away the memories that were returning to him...Of happier times, Of laughter, joy and innocence. He tried to focus on the steps in front of him but the tears were blurring his vision. The sobs were building up within him and his heart was hurting not able to control all the emotions in them. He certainly didn't want to burst out crying on the staircase of a apartment building because he did not want anybody to see him like this ...So vulnerable. The world still viewed a man's tears as a sign of his weakness and he did not want to be perceived to be weak. To be naive. He was not weak. He would fight. He would survive. He did not need anybody. His mind reminded him.

Finally after stumbling over one or two steps, he sat down on the next step and kept the package on the step beside him. It was almost dark and not many people were outside their house. His heart felt so heavy as if someone had put rocks into it and it was weighing him down. Finally he rested his hands against the hands rested on his elbows and finally let the tears flow and welcomed the memories which followed.

He remembered the first time he had come into this building.

--------------------------------------Flashback--------------------------------------------

Floor 12

"O mera aaj ka cardio ho gaya." A younger Rudra shouted at his elder brother leaning against the wall near the staircase. "At least now tell us where you are taking us or I am not moving an inch from this place."

"Yes,Om bata kahan jaa rahe hai hum. Is everything fine?"his Bhaiyya asked, evidently exhausted from all the climbing.

Finally after 12 floors,O paused and turned."Guys, Just two floors more. Then I will tell you everything."

"O,6th floor se aap yahi keh rahe ho.Just two floors more. Just two floors. I am not moving from this place until you give me an answer."Huffed Rudra.

Knowing that there was no use in arguing with his younger brother, Om turned to Shivaay and pleaded him to trust him. Shivaay sighed and continued climbing the steps. Seeing his elder brother move, Rudra also rushed behind.

Rudra sighed.It all stated when his artistic brother had suddenly called up around 11 am when he was in college and asked him to come outside the college gate. Since his latest girlfriend Pooja had skipped college today, he was getting bored, so he thought that some uncomprehendable Shayaris will not do any harm other than adding to his boredom. After picking him up,Om drove to the Oberoi headquarters to find Shivaay Bhaiyya standing at the entrance with his PA close behind. Shivaay Bhaiyya was giving order to his PA while pointing to some figures in the file in his hands. Evidently,his brother was not having a free day. But as soon as O's car drove into the driveway, he rushed towards the rear door and sat inside the car abandoning all the work,for them. Then his Zulfi Singh Oberoi drove to this apartment building and started climbing the stairs inspite of the availability of the lift. Having no choice, Shivaay Bhaiyya and he also followed him. But now, they had climbed 12 floors and were all panting and had run out of their patience. They had no clue and O's silence was not helping either.

By the time they reached the 14th floor, he were heavily panting and sweating. All of them stopped for a second,to catch their breath.

Rudra bend over his knees and panted. Aaj gym nahi jaana padega.Workout done.

He looked in front of him to see an empty corridor. He turned his head sideways to see Om who was standing there smiling so broadly as if he had just reached the top of mount Everest.

Is he gone mad. Kya dikhaane aaye the?Yeh empty corridor?but there is nothing special in this corridor. Shaayad inka artistic view se kuch khaas hoga.

"O,please tell me that you did not make us climb all of these stairs just to come to this empty deserted corridor. Please keh do yeh jhooth hai....Please..Ouch."he cried dramatically earning him a slap on the back of his head curtsy his Shivaay Bhaiyya who was standing beside him taking in deep breaths, obviously to normalize his breathing.

"No, come I have to show you something."Om said and walked ahead after asking both of them to follow.

He turned to Shivaay confused at his O's behaviour to see that even he was confused. Shivaay signalled Rudra to walk ahead." O this better be worth it warna.."He shouted behind the advancing figure of his elder brother.

They reached a door of an apartment. Om was standing in front of the door staring at it while Shivaay and Rudra were behind him,utterly confused by their brother's strange behavior.

Rudra too stared at the door hoping to figure out what is artistic brother was staring at.

"Om, yeah kiska ghar hai?"he heard Shivaay ask. "And why did we come here?"

Rudra was still tilting his head from one side to the other,trying to view the door at different angles, to figure out what was so extra ordinary about that door that his brother was staring at it continuously without even blinking. Thinking of the possibilities,an idea suddenly clicked him.

"O,Hum chori karne aaye hai kya?"he asked his brother anxiously. Yesterday they were watching Dhoom 3 and he had confided in his elder brother about his childhood wish of wanting to rob a house. He had meant it as a joke but now seeing his brother acting all strange,he suspected that his brother had indeed taken his words seriously.

Jab car mangi thi tab wish poori nahi ki.Ab chori karna hai yeh baat ko aagle doin poori kane aa gaye.

"O,you should have warned me earlier. I would have come with some preparation. Now, I have to figure out so many things in such a short time. List banata hu.Black gloves, black glasses. spare key...Aur...Haan face mask. I will call Khanna and tell him to get all these things here."He took out his phone to dial Khanna.

"One minute, why do all of these things you mentioned, have to be BLACK in color?"Asked Shivaay who couldn't control his curiosity.

"Bhaiyya, movies mein aisa hi hota hai. Everything has to strictly black and that is a written rule of robbery."he replied.

Om was surprised at his brother's reaction."Tu pagal ho gaya hai kya?"

"Pagal mein nahi aap hogaye ho.You should have thought of these things earlier. Now someone has to step up and take the responsibilities. God knows whether we will be able to get all these things in time.Aur yahan CCTV camera hai toh. And just for safety measures let us leave Shivaay Bhaiyya outside. If incase police caught us then there should be someone who would be able to bail us out. Warna aap pe toh bilku bharosa nahi hai. Kya pata chori karne ke baad you would write a note for the owners apologising for the robbery fully signed with your name and signature. So I just do not want to take any risk and..."

Shivaay and Om looked at Rudra who was continuously muttering things while pacing up and down in the corridor. "Shut up,Rudra."shouted Shivaay and Om together making Rudra stop his pacing.

"First of all,hum chori karne nahi aaye hai."Om clarified and the taking a deep breath he continued."Secondly,This is my house.I bought this apartment."Om finished in an enthusiastic voice.

While Shivaay was stunned into silence Rudra spoke."Kya?I had already told you guys that we will take the elevator because O is not used to such rigorous cardio exercises.Nobody paid any heed to my advice,abh dekho bhaiyya kya hogaya hai."He leaned on to Shivaay's shoulder and continued wailing."O ka dimaga kharab ho gaya hai.He is imagining things.Kisi aur ke ghar ko apna keh raha hai ye."

Ignoring Rudra who continued muttering,Shivaay reconfirmed once again what his brother was saying."What are you saying Om?"

"Yes,Shivaay. Remember,when I came back from London after graduating in arts,Mr Oberoi had given me two years to prove myself or else,I would have to joint he Oberoi empire.I did it Shivaay.1 year and 8 months and I bought an apartment.My first house..Omkara Singh Oberoi 'Nalayak' nahi hai.Mr Oberoi galat tha.I proved him wrong,Shivaay.Your brother did it .Shivaay Singh Oberoi's brother did it"Om spoke with a cracking voice unable to control his happiness.

Shivaay smiled at Om radiantly.He was genuinely happy for his brother who had proved that he was not a 'disappointment' like he was labeled by his father for pursuing his dreams and passions.

"Issi baat pe ek Oberoi hug toh banta hai"Rudra stretched his arms sideways and Shivaay and Om Joined him.

"Moment nikal gaya guys.Pehle emotional tha.Ab Awkward hai"his brothers withdrawed from the hug leaving Rudra sulking.

"The speech was very emotional Om.but there is a correction you are Rudra Singh Oberoi's brother,as well.You forgot my name."Rudra attempted to lighten the situation.He just couldnt stand high voltage drama and emotional moments.He liked to keep them light and happy.

Both Om and Shivaay gave Rudra a 'Are you serious' look making him whine about how his brothers don't love him anymore and how they are ignoring him.He stopped when he felt a cold object being placed on his hands by his O.He looked down to see a bunch of keys.

Seeing Rudra's confused look,O explained."Open the door,Rudra."

"Me?"he asked to double check whether he had heard right.

"Nahi tumhara bhoot."O replied while Shivaay snickered.

He opened the door with the key and stepped inside first, only to receive a secret thappad on the back of his head by his brothers.

"Oww."

------------------------------------------------

His hand instinctively went to the back of his head and that was when the reality sunk into Rudra.In these seven years,he had not allowed his mind to recollect memories because with each memory came a lot of guilt,self loathing,anger,sadness and many other emotions.

What would he not give to relive those days again?To be happy and carefree without a single care or worry in his heart knowing that he had two brothers who would be with him no matter what.

The ringing of his phone bought him out of his reverie. Saumya . He answered the phone.

"Rudra did you find the house?"

"No,Infact I am lost."He replied.

Saumya could sense that his words had a deeper meaning to it.He was lost somewhere and he meant his words in an entirely different context.

"Then find yourself Rudra."Saumya replied.

"I cannot.Its just not so easy."

"Even the journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step,Rudra. You have to take the first step."Rudra turned back to see the door with a Number plate of 14-C.Suddenly like a bolt of lightening a faint memory replayed in his mind.Om's words from the past replayed in his mind.

Its my first house,Shivaay.

He would not have sold it.It is his first house.It was his dream.He will not sell it.

"Saumya,I will call you later."he said and quickly cut the phone.Gathering courage from his new found belief Rudra walked to the door and rang the bell.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Gauri was adamant on cooking the dinner herself but Om had forcefully sent her to rest, stating that she needed rest.Once assured that she indeed resting,Om joined Shivaay in the kitchen,who was cooking like the old times.He had suggested to order something from the nearest restaurant but Shivaay wanted to cook the food himself.

He was kneading the dough while Shivaay was pureeing the tomato. Seeing Shivaay endorsed in his cooking,Om smiled.

Shivaay was always a perfectionist.BE it food,studies or any other field.He wanted the best.Unconsciously his mind recollected the older times. Almost everything was the same except for the fact that an important part of Obros was missing.His Ru.

He just couldnt wait till tomorrow to meet his brother.HE was pulled out of his thoughts when the door bell rang.

"It must be Anika and Naira."muttered Shivaay.

Seeing that both of them had there hands full,Om shouted."The door is open,come inside."

Rudra who was standing outside was stunned by the familiarity in the voice.He could recognize that voice even admist of thousands of other voices.He pushed open the door and stepped inside.Unlike the last time he had come here this time,it was almost fully dark and silent.HE walked towards the kitchen only to freeze near the door.

HE was dreaming wasn't he?

============================================================================

I know that this was short.This is just part 1 of the update that I had planned.But since so many of you were waiting for the update,I am posting  this part today and will post the next one tomorrow.The next update is full of emotions and I couldnt write emotional stuff after a tiring day.So,I sat down and I ended up writing this.Hope you guys liked it.:)

Keep voting and commenting.

Love you all. :)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

127K 11.1K 59
Shivaay Singh Oberoi, a very successful and famous business tycoon, had a bad experience because of which he does not believe in marriage or romance...
291K 13K 39
This Story is Related to Shivika leading life away from Family based on ISHQBAAAZ and Will OmRu manage to bring back them to Oberoi Mansion ? Ran...
90.5K 8.6K 18
*COMPLETED*☑ A Rom-Com. 🤗 An Amazing cover by @ImLilMissComplicated, @GraphicAssemblers❤️ Have you ever thought what will happen if Shivaay Singh O...
194K 9.9K 69
Started: July 26, 2018 Ended: April 16, 2021 Status: Completed Editing: In process Description: This is a story of shivika after the 3 month leap...