The Sheikh's Fantasy Girl - C...

By JanVanEngen

Andie May can't believe when her agent calls and tells her, her best selling book has been picked up to be ma... More

Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty-One
Chapter Twenty-Two
Chapter Twenty-Three
Chapter Twenty-Four
Chapter Twenty-Five
Chapter Twenty - Six
Chapter Twenty Seven

Chapter Nine

8.8K 543 31
By JanVanEngen

His master bedroom, where a shopping bag was waiting for her, on the biggest bed, she had ever seen. Inserted in a fabulous recessed wall with hanging Moroccan style lamps on each side of the bed, over built-in side tables. 

A dark brown leather sofa with wings perched at the end of the bed. A large Persian rug took up most of the room, over the marble floor. Across the room was another built-in desk nook with chairs, and open doors onto a private balcony with a table and chair set, next to a reset seating area and ottoman. 

It was bigger than her whole room.

She crossed over and peeked into the bag, gasping at the softest camel-coloured material that she removed, discovering the most divine silky breezy flowing tunic and matching harem-styled pants. She gathered it up against her cheek which felt wonderful against her skin. Quickly she stripped, where she was, and changed into the outfit, diving in to find a matching scarf that she placed over her hair, wrapping around her neck.

As if she would say no to this. She looked around for a mirror, finding none. Not wanting to invade his private space, she headed back out, after shoving her clothes into the bag and carried out with her.

Smiling, she twirled around, holding her arms out. "Ta-da! I love it," she tore across and threw her arms around his neck. "This is amazing, and we're going camel riding in this."

He lifted her easily off the floor. "It's all about comfort. Are you ready?" Looking deeply into his eyes that held hers so steady and intense, she nodded to be lowered back onto the ground. He went into his room, shortly returning wearing a headdress.  Taking her hand, he led her out and down to the lower grounds, weaving their way into one of the courtyards, where two camels were waiting, kneeling.

Eagerly, she climbed on board, with Shihab's help then climbed his own. She watched as he got the animal to stand. Her camel followed with a squeal of surprise from her. Even though she knew about the high dipping, nothing had prepared her for the sharp front dip. She was just glad the camel hadn't taken off with her scream, patting its long neck. 

"Now just follow him," she whispered, holding onto the reins from around the saddle. It was all true, the rolling movement of the beast of the desert, from side to side. And of course, Shihab had to look so at home, with his headdress, fully robed.

Another thing to tick off her list of things to be done in the Middle East. Her list was growing larger and larger. All because of the man in front of her, looking so magnificent on his camel. They left the roads and headed out into the desert. The clothes were perfect, keeping her cool. She even picked up speed, joining Shihab at his side. He glanced across and smiled, taking her breath away.

"Enjoying yourself?"

"Loving it!" She declared, raising both arms above her head. "My first camel ride. I gather you have had a few?"

"Yes, and even raced them."

Her eyes widened, her arms falling back down, claiming the reign again. "What? Really? When?"

"A long time ago Andrea, when I was young and reckless."

"You? Reckless? Never," she denied.

"Believe me I was." 

They rode for a bit longer then headed back, where the animals were taken care of. Shihab swept her away to enjoy a meal together and finally walked her back to her room, after collecting her belongings from his suite, reaching out to touch her hand, drawing her back to him. With his other hand, he reached up and touched her cheek with the back of his hand.

"Thank you for today," her voice trembled slightly. Her breath hitched as his dark head dipped and softly brushed her lips.

"I plan to share many more if you allow me to."

"Yes," she whispered, floating back into her room.

He was making all her dreams come true. That when she went to bed, she left the curtains open, so the moonlight spread across her bed, where she dreamed of romantic nights under the stars with a special man. Her special man. 

She enjoyed the moment without writing a word.

On the way back to his suite Shihab's phone rang to look over and answered. "What is wrong brother?" He never called himself unless there was a problem.

"That damn woman. She has to go. Have you seen the papers?"

Sighing, he ran a hand over his face. "No. I'd ring you back once I get back to my room and look it over," he promised, hanging up. Once back in his room, he went online and put in one name. Carla Langley. Swearing under his breath, he called back his brother.

"This has gone too far," his brother growled.

"Yes, I know." Only Andrea would know the name. Hopefully too busy to read the gossip columns.

"You need to fix this now. I want this pain in our side gone. This is all your fault Shihab." He couldn't argue with that, however, had no idea this would happen.

"Leave it with me. I would have this dealt with." The phone was shut down. His brother was rather peeved, and he wasn't happy either. Sighing, he raked a hand through his hair, sinking into his bed. Now came the hard part. Telling Andrea, and she was finally opening up to him. 

Dread sunk deep into his stomach like a heavy rock into an abyss. Never-ending.

This was one trip he wasn't looking forward to.

Once more Shihab had flown out and was away for a few days. He rang her shortly after he received a call, and he needed to go back to London. There was nothing he could do about it, however, would keep in contact with her.

Now on more talking terms with the director, Andie buckled down, changing a few scenes, yet liked them to still make sense to the storyline. Movies were, more about the senses of vision and sound. The natural backdrop spoke for itself without the words. 

A landscape painted a thousand words or more.

If the actors weren't sure about the emotional side of the scene, they turned to her to give them the backstory, and it always paid off. When she wasn't doing rewrites, she was in her tent writing on her new story that was turning into a big epic, bigger than anything she had done before. 

Going through the museum at the resort that had so much history of their past life, had sparked a plotline in her story.

"There you are," she looked up, startled by her deep thoughts.

"Oh, hi, Jenny. More rewrites?" she asked as the American entered further, yet wasn't holding any papers in her arms.

"No, just a message from the boss. He is going to be delayed."

She frowned, confused. Delayed? For what? "Sorry, Miles?" She didn't remember a catch-up, which they sometimes had when Shihab was away like now.

"No, Mr. Shihab."

"Oh," warmth flooded her cheeks, heart racing at his name. She missed his company. "Okay, thanks." Although wished he wouldn't, everyone speculated about their relationship as it was. Then again, she felt comforted that he did as well when he did not need to let her know of his movements. "So when is he expected to arrive back," she asked curiously, trying not to sound too eager either.

"Tomorrow."

"Thanks." Her heartbeat picked up and fluttered in her stomach at the thought. 

This time he had been more silent than normal. He hadn't called her every day, however, he did say he had important meetings that needed his attention and had left in a hurry, very preoccupied. 

She couldn't wait for this day to be over, so she could get a good night's sleep. The rewrites and heat were taking it out of her. She wanted to look fresh and well-rested; unless he thought she wasn't pulling her weight. 

She would worry about it tomorrow.

Nothing. Absolutely nothing.

They were back at the resort for the next two days, so they could go over what had been filmed, seeing what worked and didn't. Everyone else was chilling out by the pool, or restaurants, or doing one of the activities on offer.

She hoped, what she had heard was true. 

Shihab was back. 

There were so many questions to be asked, and she hadn't heard from him as yet. Surely, he wouldn't mind if she called him, removed the house phone, and asked to be put through to his suite. 

"Hello?" A breathy, sexy accented voice answered. 

Her heart sunk to the pit of her stomach. 

She should never have called him out of the blue.

"Oh, hi," she answered out of sorts, not expecting a woman to answer his phone in his room, bedroom by the sound of running water in the background. There was nowhere else, that would have running water. "Um, is Shihab there?" 

She had no choice but to ask, wishing the floor would open up and suck her deep down, away from here. Could it be a crew member of the film staff? Yet hadn't recognised the English sultry tones. Had she met everyone yet? Probably not, then again, why would she be in the bedroom? 

Not good. One serious relationship didn't mean, he didn't have friends with benefits, now feeling sick to the stomach. She had been kidding herself.

"He's busy in the shower. Try later." 

She hung up the phone. 

Astonished Andie stared at the house phone in disbelief. How rude? She might have wanted to leave a message for him that was important, however, it wasn't. More personal. Okay, she replaced the phone. Might as well do a few laps.

Heading out the door with a towel, wearing a coverall over her black one-piece, Andrea headed towards the pool area that was already beginning to fill up with bodies, enjoying the late morning sun. 

She had already laved herself with sun cream because she didn't plan to stay out here too long. 

The sun and she don't get along.

There weren't many daybeds left, so headed towards the other side, finding one without a towel on it. The ones besides, were already taken, because of the towels on them, and the empty glasses on the table between the two daybeds beside her chosen one.

"I don't believe it, you have left your room." 

Startled Andrea looked across as another joined her. Kathie Cruise in a very skimpy teal bikini that showed off her curves. The camera did love her. Levi and Kathie were the perfect couples for her story. The redhead and the Sheikh. Okay, Levi was a famous Brazilian actor, but to die for in looks. 

She preferred the real thing. However, that wasn't happening, was it?

She smiled at the beautiful actress. "Just clearing the cobwebs out of the grey matter." Nothing to do with the girl in Shihab's room that was none of her business.

"Hmm, and here I thought it was because the boss was back," she teased.

"Oh, is he?" She played dumb. "How nice," she flicked out her towel on the daybed. 

Yes, he was and hadn't called her. He always rang her to say he was back, not that he had to because he wanted to. Maybe he was over her, over her insecurities. Over the crazed, emotional writer. 

She should have stayed home, behind her laptop, and kept to things she knew, like her stories.

"Yeah, and you should see the gorgeous blond at his side, clinging off his arm."

Soberly Andie nodded as she lay down on the daybed and closed her eyes. Got it. Not alone. Draped off his arm, as if she was a part of him. And blond. Of course, it had to be a blond. Hint taken. 

She tilted her face towards the sunrays, smiling. Everything was fine. She was here in the Middle East, being a part of a movie, and living the dream. Never thought she would see that day. 

Then why did she feel like bawling?

She pulled down her glasses as a shadow fell upon her, with dread in her heart. She couldn't face him, not yet, until she had dealt with the facts. Of course, there had to be a beautiful woman somewhere in his life. 

Deep down, she had always believed it was too good to be true that he was interested in her. Yes, he read her books. Her number one fan. He was probably just saying that to get what he wanted. Her here to do the rewrites. 

That had nothing to do with matters of the heart. Time to let it all go. She opened her eyes, finding to her relief, a waiter placing down a fancy cocktail on the table beside Kathie.

"Well, isn't this nice," Levi joined them and stretched out on the daybed beside Kathie on the opposite side. "Miss Andie May you are looking very chilled."

"Oh, I am," she closed her eyes and went back to the rays.

"Did you see the hot mama with the boss," Levi let out.

"And her figure, wowza," the actress added, something she didn't need to hear. Desperately, she tried not to listen, but it was so hard, her chest tightening in pain.

"English I gather," she added without thought then bit her lip. 

The one who had answered his phone, and explained why she was in his bedroom. It was very clear to her now. She had been kidding herself for far too long. Time to back away.

"English you don't say," Kathie asked with interest. "I wonder if it's that actress he had been associated with on many occasions." 

Associated. Actress. Words that punched her heart, not daring to move or make a sound, as pain rippled through her. Why would he bring back the blond, unless they were involved? Then why did he kiss her? To give the poor pathetic virgin, who had never been kissed properly before, a once-in-lifetime-moment heart-stopping kiss. 

He had no right to do that. Now he was here with her, blinking back tears.

"You could be right," from Levi, "wasn't there some scandal? Some torrid affair."

Just kill me now and be done with it, she prayed. 

What, one kiss and she was dreaming around him, happily ever after. Dumb. Dumb. Dumb. One kiss and she was off with the fairies of make-believe. She should've known better than following a dream that cannot be. Now she sounded so dramatic. It was just one kiss. He had always looked after her, being kind to her, yet never promised his heart. 

He loved her books, fascinated by her world that was all.

She wove her desires around it because he had been all her dreams come true, thinking back to when she had first met him on her front doorstep. She had fallen into her own trap. He had wanted her for one reason only. Rewrites. 

She just had to put the romantic spin around it. He gave her what she wanted to get what he wanted. Hadn't he said he was ruthless in business? In some ways he was ruthless. It was her fault, not his. She saw him as a fantasy, not a man. A man with needs

Silence fell around her. She peered across behind the dark sunglasses. All eyes were passed hers. She followed, jaw-dropping at the sight of the stunning, voluptuous beauty. Tall, glamorous, blond attached to Shihab's arm as they headed towards a restaurant. 

She looked down at her pathetic bust line. She had no hope against that. 

Wake up and smell the roses. You were just for his amusement. Dropping her sunglasses onto the daybed, she sat up and removed her overlay. Stood and went to the edge of the pool, diving in. The cool water washed over her heated body. Not that she noticed, thrusting through the water, with long steady strokes.

Shihab's eyes were drawn to her one-piece figure by the pool. His heart slammed hard against his chest. There she was. No wonder she hadn't answered her phone. He frowned thoughtfully. When did she spend time by the pool, and with the actors?

Gracefully she dived into the pool. The black one-piece enhanced every beautiful curve of her body, exposing long lean limbs, so pale against the others. He had never seen such a sight before as beautiful as Andrea. He missed her smile, her laughter, and her soft whispery voice. The way her eyes twinkled at him or narrowed, glowering with annoyance. That one had never learnt to hide her emotions. That's what he loved about her the most.

"Are you saying no one rang?" he asked the blond again.

Carla Langley shrugged. "I didn't know it was so important."

He turned to her with dark eyes. "So help me, Carla, do not play this game with me. Did someone ring while I was in the shower?"

Her blue eyes widened. "Oh, then, yes, one of your little people, I guess," she lifted her fingers and looked over her perfectly manicured painted long nails. "Told them to ring back, they didn't, so mustn't have been that important. Oh, hello," she waved over to the waiter. "A glass of your very best Champagne." The waiter glanced at Shihab, who nodded, waving him away, after adding a coffee for himself.

He went back to look out the window, watching as she moved through the water with ease. He hadn't realised she was such a good swimmer. There was so much he still had to learn about her. Excusing himself, he stood, walked out, and headed towards the pool. He nodded at the actors, reaching for her towel from the daybed as Andrea walked out of the pool via the stairs.

He held out the towel that was taken with a soft thank you, eating her up with his eyes. Wet hair fell heavily around her shoulder, plastered against his face, yet wouldn't quite look him in the eye. 

Something was wrong here or could be self-conscious of the actors so close.

"Nice to see your back boss," Levi caught his attention, not sure he liked Andrea being around him in his near nakedness. She should be with him, not out here with Levi.

"Yes," he turned back to Andrea, whose back was to him, alarms going off in his head, while she dried herself. She was shy around him, when other's were around, but never turned her back on him. Something had happened since he had been gone. "Andie," he had to be careful and had to keep his promise by only using Andrea in private. She would always be his Andrea. It was time to make her see, she belonged to him, and only him. "We need to talk."

She swung around on him wide-eyed. "Oh? I thought you were too busy to talk to me." Her brisk tone said everything. She draped the towel around her neck, reached for her sunglasses and placed them on, hiding her eyes from him. "Sorry have to rush."

Shihab caught her upper arm, stopping her departure. "So you did ring me."

A muscled tightened in her jaw. "Nothing important. I found out what I wanted from another source, so not needed." She smiled, easing her arm free from his hold. "I think you are wanted," she nodded her head somewhere behind him. 

He looked back, seeing Carla standing near the glass window in front of their table, arms crossed.

He crossed his arms. "She can wait," he snarled with annoyance. Her mouth pressed into a thin line.

"That's nice." Turning on her feet, she walked away.

"Hey pretty lady, where are you going?" Levi yelled out. 

Shihab glared at him. Kathie shook her head at Levi in a warning. Andrea stopped and smiled at him. His heart slammed into his chest painfully. She smiled at the actor while ignoring him when he hadn't done anything wrong.

"Back to work, so you can work. Catch you later." Shihab looked at her stunned. What did that actually mean? Catch you later! Well, that would have to be stopped.

"I think your lady friend is trying to catch your attention boss," he swung around and swore, striding back towards the annoying blond. He stopped suddenly as Andrea paused, looking across, expression troubled, chewing on her bottom lip as she did when unsure, and then walked away, heading back towards her room.

Sighing, he ran a hand through his hair. He had known it had been a bad idea, however, he was stuck. All he needed to do was sort it out. He had been away from her a bit lately, but he had no choice. Surely she would understand that, then again, there had been no dazzling welcome smile and twinkling eyes.

Entering the restaurant, he went back to his table and sat down, removing the menu. "Ever do that again, you would find out what I am truly capable of," he warned in a deadly tone. He took a deep breath, because he couldn't afford to upset her, and have her running back to London at this time.

"Sorry, what did I do?" He glanced across at the stunning blond that left him cold. A picture of innocence, hand spread across her amble cleavage, exposed by her very low-cut top.

"You're not that good of an actress Carla, so drop it, and we are not sunning in Spain or other such places, so show respect and dress appropriately."

Her blue eyes narrowed. "I am not running around in bathers."

He lowered his eyes back to the menu, having no appetite. It hadn't been his idea to eat, just to get her out of his suite, until her room was ready. On the other side of the resort, far away from his as possible that she complained about, causing a scene.

"It is one of our biggest suites, madam," the manager tried to soothe her.

"Only the best for our Carla," Shihab added sweetly, wanting to get this over and see to Andrea. He had to fix this before it went any further. "Let's get you settled in," so he could find .....he stilled as the one in question passed, head down, papers hugged tightly against her chest. She had changed into a long flowing multi-layered red skirt, and figure hugging short-sleeved black top, yet so modest. 

He frowned, surely not more rewrites. She needed a break. "Excuse me," he went towards from whence she had come. From one of the back offices that she was allowed to use, printing out papers. Not rewrites. She had printed out a lot of papers from a USB hub. So must be a new story. He guessed being here would stir her writing juices, but he wished she would take a breather to just take it all in.

Leaving the manager to show Carla to her room. Her nose put out of joint that he didn't care about, he went around talking to the staff, only to see red. Not happy at all. If this kept up, he would take Andrea with him every time he had to leave. 

All she did was work. Damn it all, this stopped here and now, going to her room, and knocked.

There was a long pause of silence. He took a deep breath, taking a chance. "I know you are in there Andrea May, so open this door now, or I would get the manager."

"You wouldn't dare," came from the other side.

"I can and will since you work for me." She was going to hate that, but he was a desperate man. He could visualize her glaring at the door, arms folded. "I can feel those heat missile daggers from here," he noted dryly.

"I'm busy," she snarled, opening the door, features hard and eyes dark. He stood there warily. He would never force his way into her room.

"Well, I am waiting," he stated as she glared at him, arms crossed, hip struck out one side. She was peeved off at him, so this was going to take some time to calm her down.

"For what?" she snarled. Riiiiiight. Royally peeved off with him. Normally when the door was opened, he was welcomed in, warmly. He hated this.

A smile curled his lips, changing tactics. "To be invited in," he offered softly. 

She looked at him confused then stepped aside, allowing him in, yet didn't ask him in personally. He wasn't pushing it. He entered further into the main room, where the bed was covered in papers, and closed the laptop off to the side. 

"Are you finished?" he asked suddenly, his interest piqued, glancing across at the hovering woman, who didn't come closer to him, keeping at a distance. She shook her head. "Yet, you have printed out pages. You never do that." She stiffened, fingers digging into her arms. 

Very upset.

"I didn't realise I was such an open book," she noted dryly. He moved closer towards the bed. "Please don't," he turned his back on her work, which he would love to get his hands on, and read what she had already written. 

She never allowed anyone to do that. Something she had already told him. He wanted to read the raw material, not the polished one. Already love the rewrites she was doing for the movie. Making it stronger, better, and more passionate. She breathed the stories and lived them in her heart. They were a part of her. He loved her passion, almost as much as he loved this woman. Closing the distance, he reached out to touch her face. 

She stepped back, eyes wary. "I am sorry I wasn't there to answer your call."

Startled, she blinked at him, so not the problem, clutched at one arm and pressed fingers against his chin. "What did you need?"

"I told you I had sorted it out. Amazing what one can find on the internet. Solved the problem, so you're not needed anymore," she dismissed; dropping her arms and walking around him, towards the bed and began sorting out the papers. "Do you need anything? As you can see I have a lot to do." 

There was so much coldness in her voice, something that had to change.

"Have dinner with me."

Her back stiffened. "Sorry busy."

"That can wait," he waved a hand over her papers, now offended. "Andrea we haven't seen each other for days. We need to catch up and talk."

"I'm sure you can find out from the others, especially from Miles. Nothing major has changed," she shrugged, still focused on the papers on the bed, shifting them around. 

How wrong she was, something big had changed, something between them and he didn't know how to fix it. Damn it all, she was closing him out.

"Andrea," he placed his hands on her arms from behind. She stiffened, back rigid. He rubbed her arms, and she pulled slightly away, only because she was trapped against the bed, and had nowhere to go. He released her and stepped back. "Andrea, what did we promise each other?"

This time she spun around amazed. "Don't you dare do that to me Shihab," she hissed. Finally real emotion.

"Then tell me what I have done wrong to get the cold shoulder."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

317 46 27
A journey of 22 years old aaliyah khan as she skipped many hurdles in her life and through the process learned and lost too many things which made he...
53K 5K 37
Sheikh Kaden was on a mission to save his brother's wedding. Stop the one causing issues, so kidnapped her and took her back to his Middle Eastern ho...
23.8K 495 63
"YOU ARE MINE , LIKE IT OR NOT." Mr. Maximilian is the type of guy who does not take a "no" for an answer lightly. His anger issues are worse compar...
55.6K 5.1K 29
***The Corner Booth Contest Runner-Up*** WARNING: contains one blue-eyed stranger, one fast-talking heroine, and a couple of scenes steamier than a m...