The Mother He Never Had

By Wandering_Revenant

As you all know, Naruto had it hard as a kid. Nobody wanted to be his friend, the entire village rejected him... More

1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
36
37
38
39
40

15

10.9K 327 19
By Wandering_Revenant

Haru's POV

"Really? You were attacked by a rain ninja?" I asked as I brushed out Naruto's hair. "Yeah, it was totally weird, too. He just captured Moegi and started ranting about the Chunin Exams. Speaking of which, Kakashi gave me my pass today." Naruto explained. 

I giggled slightly. "I know. You told me this morning just before you went to go play with Konohamaru and his friends," I mentioned. "Is Moegi okay? She didn't get hurt, did she?"

"Nah, she was fine because yours truly was there to save the day!" Naruto boasted, making me giggle again. 'I see, so they're testing the genin. Not that I'm surprised. I think they do this every year.' I thought to myself. 

"There. All done," I said, placing the brush down on the table. "I can't believe how much your hair has grown. Pretty soon, I think you'll be needing a haircut." 

"Aww... Already?" Naruto whined. "You wanna look good for Hinata, don't you?" I asked, playfully, making Naruto blush. 

I giggled and kissed his cheek. "Come on. Wash up for dinner." I said. "Yes, ma'am." Naruto nodded and went to the bathroom. 

(After dinner)

I was cleaning the dishes as I hummed a soft tune to myself. Once I was finished cleaning dishes, I walked to Naruto's room to see if he was sleeping. I opened his door and found him sitting up in bed with the blanket over him as a light was shining beneath the blanket. 

"Naruto, I said, lights out a half hour ago." I told him. "But lights are out." Naruto said from underneath the blanket. I smiled, amused at his humor. "That includes flashlights as well, silly boy." I said.

Naruto took the blanket off his head and looked at me with a grin as I noticed a manga book in his hands. "Get some sleep, Naruto." I said. "Yes, ma'am." Naruto replied, turning off the flashlight.

He placed his manga on the nightstand beside him, along with his flashlight, and lied down on his bed. He pulled the blanket over his body and turned on his side so he was facing the wall. I smiled and left his room, closing the door behind me.

I went back to the kitchen to return to my cleaning until I spotted something watching me from otuside. "What the...?" I went over to the window and looked around, looking at a tree. Someone was definitely standing there. 

When I made eye contact with them, they quickly disappeared. "Kakashi?" I mumbled. Why was he spying on me? Is he onto me as well? This is not good. 

When morning arrived, I had breakfast already made as Naruto walked into the room. "Good morning, Naruto." I greeted with a smile. "Morning." He replied with a yawn. "You look like you slept rough. Did you have a nightmare again?" I asked. 

"Nah. I just think my mattress is too comfy." Naruto joked. I giggled as he took a seat at the table. "Eat your breakfast. You don't wanna be late to the exams, do you?" I said, handing him his food. "No way!" Naruto agreed, and began to wolf down his food.

"Careful, silly. You're gonna choke." I informed as I handed him a glass of milk. I sat down and began to eat my own food. 

After breakfast, Naruto headed out. "Naruto." I called. "Hmm?" He turned his head towards me as he opened the door. "Be safe out there... okay?" I mentioned. "Don't worry. I will." Naruto grinned before leaving. I smiled back and began to wash the dishes. 

As I was washing the dishes, I softly hummed the tune that I sang to Naruto when we reunited when he was a little boy. 

The morning went by quickly as I began doing the chores of the house. I watered my plants, then vacuumed Naruto's room as I noticed he didn't fix his bed. "Oh, Naruto..." I smiled while shaking my head. "My son will never change." I said, chuckling.

I began making his bed for him until the thought of Naruto came into mind. "Hmm... I guess it wouldn't hurt to check on him and see how he's doing." I mumbled. 

I left the house, locking the door behind me, and headed to the academy. When I got to the third floor, I could hear some commotion going on through one of the doors. "I wonder what's happening in there?" I wondered. 

I went to open the door until I heard, "Stop right there, Haru."

I stopped my movements as I glanced behind me, spotting Iruka watching me with a frown. "Greetings, Iruka. Can I help you with something?" I asked, my hand still inches away from the doorknob. "Just what do you think you're doing, Haru?" Iruka asked, still frowning. 

"Nothing."

"Why are you here?"

"I just... wanted to check on Naruto and see if he was okay."

"You're not supposed to be here. Only chunin exam proctors and genin participants have access here."

"I see... Then, would it be okay if I just-"

"Absolutely not." 

I frowned slightly and turned around so I was facing him. "You didn't even let me finish my sentence." I stated. "I don't care. You're not supposed to be here. Leave now or I'm calling security." Iruka said. 

I smirked slightly. "You don't trust me," I mentioned. Iruka's frown darkened a little. "Tell me, why don't you trust me, Iruka? Is there something about me you can't stand?" I asked. "It's not that at all, Haru." Iruka said. 

"Then, what is it?" I questioned. "You're not telling us everything." He answered. I raised a brow in slight confusion. "Excuse me?" 

"There's something about yourself you don't want anyone to know. What is it? What don't you want us to find out?"

"Unfortunately, that is something I cannot tell you."

"...Who are you?"

"What do you mean? My name is Haru no Hana."

"You're lying."

"Am I?"

"You are!"

I stared at him with a blank face. "I've searched your name over and over again, and there is no Haru no Hana! That name doesn't exist anywhere in the records!" Iruka snapped. "Well, that should be obvious. I haven't lived in this village for very long, so maybe that's why." I guessed.

"Enough with the lies, Haru! Tell me who you really are now!" Iruka ordered. 'Persistent little bugger, isn't he?' I thought.

"What's going on out here?"

I looked past Iruka and spotted Kakashi standing there with his hands in his pockets. "Iruka, what are you doing?" He asked. 

"We were, uh... Well, we were-"

"We were just talking, Kakashi," I interrupted Iruka. "I came to check on Naruto and Iruka just wanted to talk with me, regarding my stay in the Leaf Village after a few years." I lied with a closed-eye smile. 

"Just talking, huh?" Kakashi asked. "Mm-hm." I nodded. "I thought I heard yelling." He mentioned.

"Yelling? You must've heard that from inside one of the classrooms. Anyway, Iruka was just going to help me with my shopping. Isn't that right, Iruka?" I said, looking at him. "Huh? Oh, uh... Yeah. That's right." Iruka said, quickly nodding his head.

"Well, we better get going," I grabbed Iruka's arm with both hands and dragged him past Kakashi. "It was nice seeing you again, Kakashi. Ja ne~." I said before quickly leaving with Iruka. 

Once we were out of the academy, Iruka tugged his arm out of my hold. "Why?" Iruka asked, frowning.

"Why what?" 

"Why did you lie to Kakashi back there? Why protect me?"

"Well... No one wants to look like the bad guy in an awkward situation, now do they?" I mentioned.

I smiled gently at him before looking towards the sky. "It's strange... The tree leaves aren't falling this time. I guess the wind isn't strong like it was yesterday." I mentioned. After I said that, the wind blew gently, making my eyes soften. 

"Uh... Haru. I'm sorry for... yelling at you." Iruka apologized. "It's all right, Iruka. We all have those moments." I said. "You're just gonna forgive me? Just like that?" Iruka asked, confused. "Of course. It's not good to hold onto a grudge for so long." I mentioned.

"You're a confusing girl, Haru. Confusing and too forgiving." Iruka stated. I gave a small giggle. "Maybe. But... I wish I could've been that forgiving back then." I said the last part quietly.

I lowered my head so my hair covered my eyes as I felt Iruka about to touch my shoulder, but stopped suddenly. "Well... Goodbye, Iruka. I still need to get shopping out of the way." I said, heading to the store.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

25.4K 845 10
t's the day after the events of "Naruto:The Last" and Naruto is preparing for his first date with Hinata. But in the process, Sakura leaks that, yeah...
16.6K 626 39
Summary: Loneliness was not for him, Harry knew that. Then he met Kakashi and he found a solution to his problem. (Harry/Kakashi) ‼️this story belong...
222K 7.1K 28
The Fourth Shinobi War is over, but was it worth it? All the pain, destruction and death. Friendships and families lost for ever. What will Naruto do...
3.7K 165 25
The Akatsuki have gotten themselves into a weird situation. When Itachi meets a newcomer, things seem to get even stranger. But is that such a bad th...