A Servant for a Mate - Book #...

By TessaT

Book #1 in the Royal Secret Trilogy It all happened one night eight years ago. A few words spoken to shake a... More

copyright
Im only Human
Book 1 of 3
Chapter 1~
Chapter 2~
Chapter 3~
Chapter 4~
Chapter 5~
Chapter 6~
Chapter 7~
Chapter 8~
Chapter 9~
Chapter 10~
Chapter 11~
Chapter 12~
Chapter 13~
Chapter 14~
Chapter 15~
Chapter 16~
Chapter 17~
Chapter 18~
Chapter 19~
Chapter 20~
Chapter 21~
Chapter 22~
Chapter 23~
Chapter 24~
Chapter 25~
Chapter 27~
Chapter 28~
Chapter 29~
Chapter 30~
Chapter 31~
Chapter 32~
Chapter 33~
Chapter 34~
Chapter 35~
Chapter 36~
Trilogy
Chapter 37~
Epilogue
Mature Version is UP!
Pg or Mature
A Hidden Princess Finished
Read for Free on Ream

Chapter 26~

560K 9.1K 1K
By TessaT

If you wish to read the rest of this book, plus the mature versions, I do have them up on Ream to read. The link is on my profile and in the comment section.

Chapter 26

Bones snapping and realigning, growling echoing the walls and blood dripping from my wounds were all I could hear before the wolf on top of me disappeared. 

Instantaneously my body was elevated up into the air by who knows how many sets of hands. Without the control of my neck my head lolls back, blood dripping out of my wide open mouth.

Before I could take a deep breath of air my body drops back to earth. My line of sight is realigned with the ceiling as an object is placed under my head, propping it up.

The stinging in my ears continues to blare loudly. Dulling the boisterous growls and snarls. I knew without a doubt the moment the rogue above me was taken out the fight launched. I could only pray my family members would come out unscathed.

"Princess, we need to strip your clothes from your body to evaluate your injures," a deafening voice declares. Why is she screaming? Is she actually asking for my permission? Hasn't she noticed I have no control over my bodily functions?

Multiple faces obscure my vision. I feel as if they are attempting to keep me occupied. Why though?

The sound of ripping added to the numerous sounds bouncing around inside my skull. Without my control my eyes slowly blink, clearing a tiny bit of fog from my vision. A wet cloth is placed on my face, clearing away blood flowing freely from my unmovable lips.

"I'm deeply sorry Princess, this has the possibility of making you choke. We need to suck out all the blood filling your throat up." A man's deep voice explains. Their faces were blurry. Which one was he?

Before I could think on it, a device is shoved down my throat, making my gag reflex kick in. Not being able to cough my body convulses from the lack of oxygen.

"Take it out she can't breathe!" A voice breaks through the solid barriers in my mind. "Claudia, father and I are here. The Prince is destroying the rogue, do not worry for his well-being. He will be perfectly fine." I want to reach out to my brother. Feel his warm hands in mine, reassuring me I'll be alright.

Trying to suck in air I fail deeply as my body's lack of response to my demands. Hands supply pressure to my body, pushing me down against the firm mattress.

"Keep her down before she splits open her wounds further. If we can't stop the bleeding we will lose her." I could clearly hear the anxiety in a man's voice as my air waves cleared.

Sleep was howling my name. My eyes fluttered closed on their own account. Weights pressing firmly down on my eye lips, forcing them to stay closed.

"You need to stay awake, Princess. If you pass out now we may never get you to wake up." Mentally groaning I softly snarl at the voice. If I didn't wake up for a while, that's fine by me.

"Lord David, what is her blood type? She is in desperate need of blood. Without it she will die." Why do these people have to shout? Their high pitched voices sear my ears.

Who is Lord David and how does he know my blood type?

"She is compatible with Nikolai and only him. She has a rare strand in her blood. If anyone other than Nikolai donates blood to her, she will seep into coma." My father's voice ricochets against the walls of my skull. Why couldn't they speak softly? Do they not realize my head is spit in half?

Why are they calling him Lord David? He isn't a Lord, but a mere servant as I am.

"No, I will not have his blood inside her. She is my mate, our blood is bound to be compatible." My body shivers deliciously as two calloused hands clutch mine in a death grip. Now is not the time to be having these feelings. Even during this torment, my heat continues to thrash inside my body, waiting for a release?

"My Prince, we tried your blood a few years back. It placed her in coma for nearly six months. I will not allow her to take that chance. Nikolai and my daughter share a blood bond. The moment she risked her life to save his, their blood became entwined. Which means you either allow him up here to save my daughter's life or you lose your mate for good." How I wished to see my brave mother stand up to the Prince in all her glory.

As the room grew silent my mind allowed itself to drift. The blackness surrounding me felt warm. My body desired to coil up into a nice and firm ball. Blocking the world out as sleep finally hit.

"We are losing her!" A distance voice blended in with a constant beeping.

"Nikolai is on his way up. I will not allow my daughter-in-law to die because you are jealous of the bond they share son. You need to get your head on straight boy. Any other male wouldn't give a damn about blood sharing, if it saved his mates life. You actually contemplated her dying rather than having Nikolai's blood in his system." How did the Prince turn out evil? His father practically oozes respect and authority.

As my mind hit the final stage of darkness, my eyes rolled to the back of my head as body began to convulse.

"Annabelle, if you can hear me, you need to keep Claudia awake. If you can't, this might as well be the last time you hear my voice." Fighting the darkness becomes futile. This couldn't be the last time I hear Taylor's sound voice. "Little sis, you need to fight.  Not only for our family, but for your mate. Without you, he will lose himself. I know you love him dearly. Please fight for him."

Moments ticked by as I waited for another voice. That couldn't have been it, could it? Am I dead?

"Of course you're not dead, you idiot." My bizarre wolf speaks up. Rolling my closed eyes at her, I try to listen in on my surroundings. Why is it eerie silent?

"Not the time Annabelle." Snapping I feel my eyes fly wide open. The brightness blinding me momentarily. My fingers and toes curl with the warmth ornamenting my body.

"We have nothing but time Claudia. If you haven't noticed we are no longer in our mate's bedroom." A soft whimper escapes her muzzle. From the moment Caden sunk his teeth into my smooth shoulder, she's been nothing but hormonal. Clearly a Bitch in heat.

"What?" Sitting up, I come to realize she is right. Instantly jumping up, I feel my heart rate speed up as my hands franticly shimmy down my unwounded body. How is this possible? "Annabelle!" I shriek petrified. Where are we? Did one of the witches kidnap me right underneath the royal family and its medics?

"Oh calm your nerves women. We haven't died or been kidnapped. Our body is laying down on Caden's bed as the doctors desperately sew us up. I believe Nikolai entered the room right as we were sucked under."

"I didn't feel anything. How did I not realize I passed out?" Shouldn't I have at least feel Nik's blood flowing inside my veins?

"Hello! In the end did you feel the pain? Do you realize how damaged your body was? The wolf shredded your skin right off. You were in shock. Delirious. High off the pain. For all they knew you were seeing dancing rainbows and flying pigs."

"Shut up before I punch you." I grumble as she laughs her hyena laugh. Stuff wolf. Sulking I sit with my back against a tree, trying to figure out what to do.

"That would be called harming one's self. I believe those people are put in fluffy white rooms while wearing pretty jackets."

"Annabelle!" My loud shout quickly vanishes with the breeze. "Not in the mood for your games."

"Your never in the mood, darling." I can clearly hear her sighing for my no fun tone.

Growling, I stand up and stomp my way through the trees. There has to be a way out of the surrounding forest.

"I wonder why we woke up here. I don't believe this land is on the kingdoms grounds." Her words bring me up short.

"This is a dream. It's not like we could be out of the castle while my body is inside bloody up. Right?" Shaking my head at my silliness I venture onwards. There is no way this is real. It's purely a figment of my imagination.

Dragging my body I feel as if it's been nearly ten hours as I finally break free of the surrounding trees. The sun had fallen hours ago. I feared the trees would keep going onward in hope of keeping me locked up in my own mind. Sucking the life out of me.

"If you kept us going in circles for the rest of our lives, I would've kill you myself."

"That's called suicide," I grumble. She is right though, I couldn't have taken much more of those trees. If it weren't for the small flickering of the lights through the dense branches, we would still be traversing the crunchy ground.

"You're a wolf Annabelle. Shouldn't you have been able to scent out the open air? Maybe living being, once that speak English preferably."

"Shut up before I dig a hole in your brain." Stopping I throw my head back and let out a silent scream. Why did the goddess give our wolves voices? Why?

As I bring my head down my eyes widen as they adjust to the scenery in front of my now paralyzed body. Dark green grass glistened with morning mist. Little drops reflect the bright wavering lights. Approximately twenty torches stood proud around the grassy mountain side.

Taking a step closer, I feel the warmth of the fire. Who lit them? Steading my breathing, I listen to any unknown noises in the distance. Once Annabelle gives me the all clear, I leisurely walk towards the magnificent stone slab in the middle of the torches.

What transpires here? Are sacrifices made here? If so, by who and what is killed? This isn't the olden days. In the twenty-first century we do no such thing. If an animal is killed it's for blood meat hiding underneath its warm coat.

My hand slithers across the smooth surface of the stone. My curiosity was driving me crazy. Continuing on, I follow the barely noticeable stepped on grass.

Wiping my slippery hands down my pants, I take tentative steps. Not wanting to alert potential danger of my whereabouts.

Breaching the hill I gasp at the breathtaking colors gracing my eyes. A magnificent structured castle stood tall and proud. Flag flying in the slightly breezy night. Orange blanketed the outer walls of the old carved stones. Eight soaring towers built the corners. My eyes couldn't stop fixating on magnitude of the castle. It could fit closely three of the castle I live in, on the inside.

Whoever these people were, they were extremely powerful to own such a breathtaking structure.

"Any idea who lives here and what is going on, Annabelle?" I ask in awe.

"Only one." She whispers, slightly shocked.

"What's that?" I question. It had to be better than mine. Which wasn't a dang thing.

Before she could answer, a voice whispered to me through the air. Glancing in the opposite direction, I hurry to hide in the dense forest I desperately wanted out of.

If I've learned one thing as a servant, it's that if a deed is done secretly, it's criminal.

Sinking behind a few trees, I peep out to examine the group of fifteen men marching out of the dark. A soft chant reaches my ears.

My heart skips a few beats as my eyes come to realize the sack on one of the male's shoulders isn't full of potatoes.  Taking a deep breath, I force myself to stay put. I stood no chance against all those men. Calling out for help would do no good as I knew not where I was.

The chanting stops suddenly at the sack is slammed down onto the stone slap. A horrifying scream echoes the clearing. Covering my ears, I try to block out the terror in the females voice.

Why am I here? What possible outcome could there be relate to me? There is no way I would dream this.

My hands shoot up to cover my mouth as a stifled scream leaks through my parched lips at the sight of a shiny dagger glimmering off the light of the torches.

Why in the world are they sacrificing her? What could she have possibly done to deserve a death that horrid?

Slightly shaking, I feel the blood drain from my face. The King allows this to commence? Will Caden continue with his father's work? Is this even their kingdom?

If so no bond will hold me against his side while tormenting the innocent.

The sack beings to flop around. She tries to escape an unavoidable situation. What could she have possibly done to deserve a death this horrid? Or is this some sick game a few men receive pleasure in? Getting off on the thrill of holding her captive as she screams for her freedom, begs even.

I pray she wasn't raped. No one should have to go through that nightmare.

Not wanting to stick around and watch I take a few steps back. Unknown to my foot, a dried branch lay underneath my heel. With the sickening crack all fifteen heads turned sharply in my direction. Without a seconds thought, I race away from the horrifying scene.

If they catch me, who knows what fate I will behold. Dream or not, being tortured isn't my ideal way to die.

Scared out of my wits, tears stream down my pale cheeks. My feet constantly fumble over fallen logs and gigantic boulders.

I make it nearly forty feet when a cloaked figure materializes in front of my eyes.

"Do not fear me my dear. I am here to save you," he whispers softly. The darkness surrounds him, keeping his face hidden from my frightened eyes. "You need to listen to my every word if you desire to leave this dream and wake up alive."

"Dreams can't kill you in the real world," I stutter. Listening in on my surroundings I try to locate the other fourteen murders. This monster will not take me for a fool.

"I would never take you my dear Claudia for a fool. Though if you do not listen, you will be one. If you die in this dream you die in the real world." Holding up his hand to cut me off he looks to the right. Before giving him another chance to kill me, I race in the opposite direction.

As my luck vanishes, muscular arms wrap around my body like a vise grip. In the blink of an eye the dark forest evaporates into a stream of water. The sky shying down brightly upon our soaked bodies.

Spluttering as the water sucks down my throat I try to take in deep breaths. Not to longer after our bodies became drenched the man's arms pick me up and walk me to the warm sand a few feet from our landing spot.

"Please forgive me for that slight miss direction." He didn't sound sorry one bit. Holding me close to his body I watch him scan our surroundings. "We have lost them for now."

"Who are you?" I question. Why is he trying to save me from those men? Isn't he one of them?

"No one of importance." His words ring horribly wrong in my head. No one of importance? How is that possible if he is trying to save my life? That is what he is trying to do right? "You on the other hand have no idea how imperative you are to not only your mate, but your future kingdom as well. My words of advice are to keep your family close and your enemies closer. In the months to come particulars events will arise. Aspects of your life will be clearer than ever before."

"Why me?" What is so damn special about me?

"As future Queen, you were bound to have enemies. Women and men who breathe to see you burn in hell. Those who seek your destruction will aim to harm not only yourself, but the ones you hold deeply in your heart. Beware Claudia O'Shea, peace as you know it has nearly come to an end."

Gaping at him, I try not to fear for my loved ones. This has to be a dream. Nothing can come from them. Shaking my head, I force my mind to clear away all the fog.

Instead, I feel the strangers arms loosen and completely drop me to the ground. Bracing for impact my body quickly sucks itself into a ball. Seconds pass by. My heart explodes in fright at the pain my body will for sure feel. When a gust of air throws my hair about my face my eyes flick open to see the sky moving further away as if I was falling into a deep cavity in the center of the earth.

Screaming I force my arms up to grip onto the stranger. To my utter horror he is no longer there.

My body continues to fall until all I can see is blackness. Closing my eyes I await the impact of my body kissing the hard ground, forcing my bones to splinters into millions of pieces.

It felt as if nearly two hours went by before a tingling sensation coursed throughout my stiff muscles. Before I knew it I lost conscious.

********************************

Authors Note: Thank you all for the get well wishes. It took 5 weeks, but i'm finally getting over it. 

Chapter Questions: What the heck just happened?

How did Caden deal with Nik giving Claudia his blood?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1M 43.6K 45
Brooklyn's family was devastated by the loss of her mother. The young werewolf now struggles to keep her family together while patriarchy and inequal...
1.5M 77.6K 45
(Rooming with Royals Sequel) He's the prince of werewolves. She's the princess of demons and witches. Silently falling for her childhood best friend...
17.9K 647 23
Lexi was once young, innocent, and perfect. She had the picture-perfect life and family to fit in with it all. She believed all those fairy tales he...
4.2K 248 20
~EDITING~ Book 1 of the Princess Series Claire was a regular werewolf, well she was the best fighter in the pack other than the alpha. She had beat...