World Meets Queen (Season 2)

By Adifosett

The world isn't done meeting Rose yet. She's just gone through the hardest summer of her life with her best f... More

Cast
Girl Meets Gravity
Girl Meets the New World
Girl Meets the Secret of Life
Girl Meets Mr.Squirrels
Girl Meets Tell-Tale-Tot
Girl Meets Rules
Girl Meets Hurricane
Girl Meets Mr. Squirrels Goes to Washington
Girl Meets New Teacher
Girl Meets Yearbook
Girl Meets Semi-Formal
Girl Meets Creativity
Girl Meets Farkle
Girl Meets Corey, Topanga, and Rose
Girl Meets Rileytown
Girl Meets Rah Rah
Girl Meets Texas I
Girl Meets Texas II
Girl Meets Texas III
Girl Meets Forgiveness Project
Girl Meets Belief
Girl Meets the New Year
Queen Meets Couple Questionnaire
Girl Meets S.T.E.M
Girl Meets Money
Girl Meets Communism
Girl Meets the Start of Change
Girl Meets Legacy
Cooper Sibling Questionnaire
Best Friend Questionnaire
To Be Continued

Girl Meets Pluto

8K 141 30
By Adifosett

Rose's Outfit:

Amelia's Outfit:

John Quincy Adams Middle School, History Class

"Somebody read that," Dad tells the class gesturing to the blackboard.

"History will be kind to me for I intend to write it," Lucas reads. "Winston Churchill."

"And he did," Dad tells us. "Who's gonna write their own history here? What is history? I keep forgetting"

"History is time passing," Riley tells him.

"Oh yeah? How much time?" Dad asks her. "Someone once said, '100 years from now, all new people.'"

Maya raises her hand. "100 years!"

"Wrong," Dad tells her.

"You set me up," Maya complains.

"Right now," I answer.

Dad smiles, "Good. So, today we're talking about Winston Churchill. When the new people come, how do you want them talking about you?"

"Nicely?" Riley questions.

"How long do we have before history makes its decision about us?" Maya asks.

"What if they're writing it down now?" Farkle asks.

"Doesn't matter," Dad says. "Chapter One: Introduction. Please read."

Riley reads from the book. "There is a comfort in knowing that history is fixed. You can no sooner change history than you can change the nine planets in our solar system from Mercury to Pluto." Everybody in the class ohs from understanding except Riley.

"What?" Riley asks confused.

"Nice job, Mr. Matthews." Lucas compliments Dad.

Riley still looks confused. "What'd he do?" 

"He just showed us history books can be wrong."  Lucas tells her."You can change history."

"I don't get it," Riley says.

 "How can she not know?" Lucas looks around the classroom.

Maya suddenly points out the window. "Look at the bird." Riley starts looking for the none existing bird. Maya turns to answer Lucas. "She doesn't know because she has us."

"The Riley Committee," Farkle says. I scoff. When the Riley Committee was forced formed Amelia and I were against it and told the two of them they were going to regret it.

"The committee exists to keep certain information away from Riley," Maya says

"Like what?" Lucas asks. 

"Everything, really." Farkle answers. This time Amelia scoffs. 

Lucas frows in brows. "So you guys are making her ignorant."

"Thank you!" Amelia and I whisper-shout, while Farkle and Maya look offended.

Maya glares. "What do you mean huckleberry?"

I answer for Lucas. "Ignorance lacking knowledge or awareness in general or in something particular. You guys hiding everything from Riley is hurting her more than it's helping." Lucas and Amelia nod. "I might be upset at Riley right now but I have fate in her that she can take the truth and come out still the same Riley. Sparkly eyes and all." Farkle and Maya look pensive.

 Dad rushes over to us. "Rose is right, besides this committee can't protect her for the rest of her life. She's getting too smart."

"She's looking for a bird," Farkle reminds him.

"Well, someone's gotta tell her," Dad tells us.

"You do it," Maya tells him.

Dad looks over at Riley, "Nah, you do it!"

"Rose?' Maya asks I raise an eyebrow at her and she sighs. "Hi, sweetie," Maya says getting Riley's attention.

Riley grins. "Peaches."

"See, we've all been protecting you from something," Maya tells her. "You know Pluto?"

"Pluto?" Riley questions. "I love Pluto. Everybody knows that. Pluto's a little cutie-pie. The smallest planet with the biggest heart. I love Pluto so much, I would kiss it on the face."

Maya faces Dad. "Not doing it!" 

"You're doing it!" Dad orders.

Maya faces Riley again. "Honey?"

"Peaches?" Riley asks with a smile.

"Pluto is not a planet anymore," Maya tells her.

Riley stops smiling. "What's that you say?" 

"They made a scientific discovery that Pluto's not a planet anymore," Maya explains to her. "Will you be okay?"

"I'm fine. I am too old now to flip out over something like that." Riley tells her she faces Dad. "Dad, please continue."

"You sure, sweetie?" Dad asks her.

Riley looked downcast. "Please continue."

"All right, guys," Dad says. "So, we're talking about who we are now, and who we hope to be someday. How will we write our own history and decide what's important to us?"

"They found a 100-year-old time capsule in Boston last week," Farkle tells Dad. "Could we do one of those?"

"I love that idea, Farkle," Dad says excitedly. "In fact, we did one of those when I was in high school. We were gonna see what became of us in 15 years. Wait a minute. We were gonna see what became of us right now! We were gonna go back and see how much we've changed."

Maya looks over at a sad Riley. "Yeah, well, I hope some of us never do."

____________________________________________

Matthews Apartment, Living Area

Amelia and I were doing our homework while the other's went to Topanga's to make there own time capsule, Eloise, Maximo, and Asher were staying late at school for their clubs. Dad was standing in front of the two of us with a blue sweater that said shuffle on it. There were shovels lining the wall near the door.

"I thought Mrs. Matthews said not to go to the hardware store?" Amelia asks Dad who had a big grin on his face.

"She did," Dad says.

Mom comes walking into the apartment she looks over at the shovels before looking at Dad.

Mom walks over to Dad with a smile. "Back from the hardware store, are we?" 

Dad gestures to his shirt. "Shovel." Mom turns Dad's headlights on and he smiles she turns it back off and he frowns.

Mom hums before realization hit her. "Please tell me you didn't drag Shawn into this?" 

"I did not drag Shawn into this." Dad lies. 

We heard banging on the door. "Who's that?" Mom asks. 

"I think you know," Dad tells her. 

Uncle Shawn comes charging into the apartment and to my surprise heads straight for me. "Rosebud, you, all right?" He pulls me off the couch and checks me over.

"Uncle Shawn I love you and all but what are you doing?" I ask him.

 He ignores me. "What do the doctors say?" he looks over to Mom and Dad. "How long does she have to live?" 

"It's not her you should be worried." Amelia chuckles.  

"All right, Rosie. We are gonna do everything you've ever dreamed of," Uncle Shawn tells me. "and in whatever time you have left, we're gonna do everything. We're gonna go to your favorite boutique and I'm going to buy you everything you want." 

"As nice as that sound and as much as I might regret it, later Uncle Shawn, I have to tell you something," I tell him.

Uncle Shawn starts to lead me to the door when he see's the shovels. "No!"  

"Oh, it's okay, Shawn, I bought the shovels myself," Dad tells him. 

Uncle Shawn looks at him exasperated. "Cory, pay the money. Have the professionals dig. Rose is more than worth it." 

"Uncle Shawn, I'm fine," I tell him. "Everybody's fine." 

"No. you're not fine." He tells me before turning to Mom and Dad. "You're Dad called me over here, said it was a matter of life or death. You're not fine." 

We all look over at Dad. "I had to make sure you'd come," Dad tells him. 

"Nobody bye-bye?" Uncle Shawn asks. 

"Everybody whoop-di-whoo!" Dad cheers. 

"Why am I here?" Uncle Shawn asks. 

"Cory remembered the time capsule from high school. It's 15 years. He wants to drive to Philadelphia to dig it up." Mom explains to Uncle Shawn. 

"Oh... Okay." Uncle Shawn mummers, he takes one of the shovels of the wall and inspects it. 

"Whatcha doing with that shovel, buddy?" Dad asks nervously. 

"I was in Philadelphia!" Uncle Shawn yells trying to attack Dad with the shovel. Mom and I hold him back while Dad runs away. Mom takes the shovel from him while Uncle Shawn backs off.

The whole time Amelia was on the couch laughing. "I love this family."

____________________________________________

Topanga's

Mom, Dad, Amelia, Uncle Shawn and I entered to see the others sitting in there usual spots with a box on the table.

"Road trip!" Dad yells. 

"Who wants to go instead of me?" Mom asks. 

"I'll go," Farkle says. "I'll do anything with anybody." 

"No deal," Dad tells him. "There's not enough room in the car for you and all your words." He notices the time capsule on the table. "What's this here?" 

"This is what we're putting in our time capsule," Lucas explains to him.

"Oh... Nope." Dad says "Not good enough." 

"These things are important to us," Riley tells him. 

"Why are there only three of them?" Mom asks. 

"I'm not playing," Maya tells her. 

"Oh, you're playing!" Dad says. 

"Nice shovel shirt." Maya teases Dad. 

"They got plenty left," Dad tells her. 

"I don't see how," Amelia says sarcastically

"Mr. Shawn," Katy says once she see's him. 

Uncle Shawn walks over to the counter. "Miss Katy." 

"How are you?" Katy asks. "How's the writing?" 

"Well, I was doing a story in Philadelphia till my friend here brought me to New York so we could go back to Philadelphia." Uncle Shawn explains to her. "How's the acting?" 

"I was playing a waitress at the nighthawk diner, and now I'm playing a waitress here," Katy tells him. 

"It's your real life." Maya reminds her.

"It can't be." Kathy whine.

"Well, I'm kinda liking this movie." Uncle Shawn flirts causing Katy to smile shyly.

"Come on!" Dad exclaims. "It's a chance to go back and see what time has taught us. Come on, it's our history! You and me, Feeny, Shawn, and Angela." I slap my forehead.

"Give me a shovel." Mom orders Dad. "No reason. Give me a shovel and your head." 

"Who's Angela?" Kathy asks.

"Oh, you know." Uncle Shawn mummers. "Someone who used to be in my life." 

"Ah, yes. Well, we all have one of those, don't we?" Katy asks. 

"Do you miss her?" Farkle asks. "I know I'd miss Riley, Rose, and Maya if I didn't see them for a long time. Do you think your old feelings will get all stirred up for her? And you'll miss her? And you'll go back and live wherever she is?" Maya hits him with an orange ball. Farkle turns to her. "Do you never miss?" 

"You deserved that," I told him.

"Yeah, Mr. Hunter, you gonna get some feelings all stirred up?" Kathy asks jealous. 

"Maya, all of a sudden, I think we should be going with them," Riley says standing up. "Do you think we should go?" 

Maya also stands up. "We're going with you". 

"All right," Mom says. "Katy, do you mind if we take this one off your hands for the weekend?"

Katy hugs Maya to her side. "Have fun, baby girl. All right, girls, grab a shovel. We're digging up the past!" 

"Yay." Uncle Shawn fake cheers and I pat him on the back.

____________________________________________

Feeny's House, Philadelphia

"Come on, Topanga!" Dad yells. "Put some back into it, will you?" 

"You two Amelia, Rose!" Uncle Shawn yells.

"I have blisters!" Mom hisses. "And, it's not exactly like I'm wearing my shoveling shoes." 

"Plus, this is child labor," Amelia tells them.

"What about you guys?" I ask them. 

"We're on a mandatory break," Dad tells us. 

Uncle Shawn shrugs. "Hey, I thought we were only doing every other hole."  

"You said you knew exactly where this thing was buried." Mom tells Dad. 

"Well, it's in this general vicinity, yes," Dad replies. 

"How is this fun?" Maya complains. "You said this was gonna be fun. How can anybody make this fun?" 

Riley dance to Maya with a handmade wreath on her hand and head. "I made one for Maya's head." 

"You're supposed to be digging," Maya tells her. 

"Oh, but I was digging for an hour," Riley tells us before she holds up a metal box and all I found was this old metal box." Everybody else drops there shovels.

"Cory..." Uncle Shawn trails off looking behind us. 

"What?" Dad asks. 

"I'm concerned." Uncle Shaw tells him. 

"What's there to be concerned about, Shawnie?" Dad asks. 

"That." Uncle Shawn says pointing behind us, we all turn around and Dad also points at the old man behind us. The both of them gasping. 

"Mr. Matthews. Mr. Hunter." Mr. Feeny greets. "We meet again." 

"Detention?" Dad asks. 

"Big boy detention," Feeny replies. 

Dad turns to Uncle Shawn. "I won't do well in big boy detention." 

I watch as Maya and Riley share a look. "Oh no," I mutter to myself.

"Feeny!" Riley yells walking over to us.

Maya follows her. "Fee-hee-hee-hee-heenay!" 

"What, what, what, what..." Riley says.

"Hey, hey, hey, hey..." Maya says.

The two of them hiss like a cat, before stopping when the noticed that Feeny did not look amused. "Okay, let's go," Riley says. The two of them walk over to the bench. 

I bow to Mr.Feeny. "I'm so sorry."

"Mrs. Matthews." Feeny greets. 

"How you doing?" Mom asks him. 

"Put back my flowers," Feeny orders them. "Except for those. I'll attend to those myself. " He looks at Amelia and I. "You two too." Mr. Feeny walks over to the bench and sits between Maya and Riley. Amelia and I stand around the bench. "Excuse me. Is he a good father, you poor, poor, little girls?" 

"We're very lucky." Riley answers.

"So lucky," I say. 

"Hmm." Feeny hums. "Is he a good teacher?" 

"I think he's the best there is," Amelia says. 

"Oh," Feeny says. 

"But, he says you are," Maya tells him. 

Mr.Feeny smiles. "Oh." He looks over at the adults. "And that's what you were digging for?" 

"It's our time capsule, remember?" Dad replies. 

"I remember everything," Feeny tells him. 

"We wanna see how time treated us. If we turned out like we hoped we would." Dad explains. "Got any advice for us while we're all out here together, Mr. Feeny?" 

"Well, yes." Mr.Feeny tells him. "It's been a long time, and you're still together. What else do you need to know?" Mom, Dad, and Uncle Shawn smile at each other.

____________________________________________

Matthews Apartment, Living Area.

"All right, I'll go first," Dad says. We were all in the living area, Riley, Maya, Amelia, and I were seated on the couch waiting for one of the adults to open the time capsule.

"Now, no one knows what anyone else buried, right?" Uncle Shawn asks. 

Mom nods. "Yeah, that was the deal."  

"Don't open it," Maya tells Uncle Shawn.

"Yeah," Riley agrees. "Wouldn't you rather believe your lives are perfect?" 

"You make a good point, girls, you do," Dad says. "But, here's another point. Have you even met me?"  Dad opens the time capsule and takes out a jacket. "There it is." 

"It's the jean jacket," Mom says taking it form him. "It's the first time we said 'I love you.'" Mom puts the jacket on. "And it still fits." I couldn't help but smile. 

"Time has been good to you, Topanga," Dad tells her. 

"Time has been good to us all," Mom tells him. 

Dad looks over at Riley and Maya. "And that's how you do the time capsule!" 

Amelia snorts. "Way to ruin the moment Mr.Matthews."

"Okay, your turn," Dad tells Mom. 

"Okay, don't overreact," Mom tells Dad. 

"Why would I overreact?" Dad asks her. 

Mom hands him an envelope. "Because I know you're going to misinterpret this." 

Dad takes the envelope, Amelia and I scot over so they can sit on the couch. "Let's see." Dad opens the envelope and reads it. "'Dear Cory, if you would let it happen, I think you and I could have a future.'" Dad looks at Mom. "Topanga, what's wrong with this? This is great." 

"It's not from her." Uncle Shawn tells him.  

Dad looks at the letter again and tosses it. "Aah!" 

Mom picks up the letter. "It's from Lauren." Mom smiles. Dads mouth widens.

"Who's Lauren?" Riley asks.

"Well, before we got married, your father met a girl at a ski lodge, and she really liked him," Mom explains to us. 

"Matthews, you dog!" Maya teases. 

"This explains why we never go skiing," I say in realization. 

"Why would you do this, Topanga?" Dad asks her. "I... I buried a symbol of our love." 

"Cory, I was threatened by this because I was young," Mom explains to him. "The jean jacket was the first time we said, "I love you." But, I almost let this little piece of paper hurt us because I was young. You always knew, but I didn't understand that our love will last forever. And that nothing could hurt it. I buried this because I hoped that when we opened it, I would be sitting next to you and that I could go like this." She rips the letter.

I smile. "I hope that one day I love somebody as much as you two love each other," I tell them.

Mom kisses my forehead. "I'm sure you will."

"Here goes." Maya mummers. 

Uncle Shawn takes out a piece of paper, a cassette, a movie ticket, and lipstick. "All right, here goes. Ah... Shakespeare's sonnets. Vivaldi's four seasons. A Van Damme movie ticket. And lip gloss." Uncle Shawn sits on the arm of the couch. 

Riley takes the lipstick from him and sniffs it. "Kiwi mango." 

"Ah, me and Angela." Uncle Shawn sighs. "We were gonna be Cory and Topanga. I guess there can only be one Cory and Topanga." Mom and Dad still at him. "But, still... Me and Angela. I wonder what she's up to nowadays?" 

"Bye, Shawn." Maya mummers and all of a sudden I had an idea, I just needed to contact Eloise. 

____________________________________________

Matthews Apartment, Rose's Room

After Amelia left and Riley took Maya to Topanga's to comfort her I headed to my room to relax. I was reading my book when somebody walks into my room.

"Why do you always just come into my room without knocking. Mom and Dad don't even do that." I flip a page. "You know why? Because they know I'm a growing female teen."

"Good thing for me. I'm not Corey or Topanga." Uncle Shawn says flops on my bed. I close my book and put it away waiting for him to speak. "So your Dad told me about the tension between you and Riley." He looks over at me. "Wanna talk about it."

"You get along well with her now it'll be a conflict of interest," I tell him.

"Just because we get along now does not mean you can't come talk to me about it," he tells me.

I bit my lip, and sigh before explaining to him what happened. "The worst part is that now that I have allowed myself to feel anger at her I don't know how to stop being angry at her."

"It's not that you don't know how to stop making yourself angry, it's that you've finally allowed yourself to feel all the negative feelings you've been feeling instead of pushing your feelings down." Uncle Shawn tells me.

"What do I do then?" I ask him.

"That's simple," he tells me. "talk to her."

I smirk at him. "You should talk to her too."

He pokes me in the forehead. "I don't know what you're talking about."

"Sure you don't," I tell him.

"You think I have a chance," Uncle Shawn asks.

"You're Shawn Hunter," I tell him. "Of course you have a chance."

He gets off my bed. "Yeah I'm Shawn Hunter," he says as he leaves my room. I shake my head and open my book again. 

A couple minutes later when I heard Riley open her door and go into her room I took a deep breath and left my room, and knocked on her door.

"Come in." I heard.

I peeked my head through the door to see her seating on the bay window. "Can we talk."

She smiles at me tentatively and pats the bay window. I smile back at her and sit next to her. The two of us stare at each other for a long time before she opens her mouth. "I miss you."

"I miss you too," I told her. "But I think I owe you an explanation." She nods and stays quiet. "I've felt for awhile now that my feeling gets pushed to the side compared to your feelings." Riley opens her mouth but I stop her. "It's not just your fault, I've never told you how I was feeling and most of the time I push my feelings down. You never noticed it because I pushed it down, but I think it became the norm for us, and I was sick of it."

"I'm sorry for playing a part in you feeling like your feelings don't matter. You're my sister, my twin and your opinions, thoughts, and wellbeing matter to me." Riley tells me.

I smile. "I forgive you."

The two of us hug.

____________________________________________

Rose's Outfit:

Amelia's Outfit:

Eloise's Outfit:

Hamptons

It was Saturday morning and Amelia, Asher, Eloise, Maximo and I were at the Cooper House in the Hamptons, we were int he backyard and with us, we had our own personal time capsule. 

"Okay, so they rule her we each put something that means something special to us something that we hope for will happen in the future and in 15 years we'll come back and see if anything has changed," I explained. "Questions?" Of course, Asher raises his hand. "Yes?"

"We're not allowed to see each other's items. correct?" He asks.

"Yep," Amelia answers popping the p.

"So whats the goal of this?" Eloise asks. "To see if our dreams come true?"

"I don't think so," Maximo says. "It's to see if in 15 years if we'll be together to open it." he looks over to me. "Right?"

"Correct," I smile. "So who wants to go first?" They all look over at me and I roll my eyes. "I guess I'll go first." The three of them left me alone with the time capsule. Once I was sure they were gone I inserted a yellow envelope and turned to go into the house. The envelope contained four pictures; A picture of my family and me, my copy of the picture Farkle took during the 1961 project, a picture of Amelia, Asher, Eloise and I, and final a picture that Eloise took a couple days ago, during our movie night, it was a picture of me and Maximo cuddled together, my head on his shoulder and his arms wrapped around mine.

____________________________________________

A/N: Didn't know I was going to finish this so fast. I know in the previous chapter I already said my season greetings but here we go again, Merry Christmas and Happy New Years. We'll find out Rose's idea in the coming chapters. Tell me what you guys think and comment. Thank you.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

19.1K 639 7
It's the summer before she goes off to college, and all Rose wants to do is have a fantastic summer vacation with her friends. Is that possible with...
9.1K 111 19
Dani and everyone is back for a new year now this year its time to deal a lot more things like the past, meeting new people, and of course a triangle
18.3K 275 30
Lucas leaves for a year and when he comes back A lot of stuff have changed especially people Will he fall for the new Maya? Read to find out This s...
37.7K 495 19
Maddie Johnson moves to New York with her 2 younger sisters and her mom. Maddie isn't a picture perfect 15 year old she comes to New York with some p...